28 Nov R3 Alliance, THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION, Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Romans 8:14-17 NKJV
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
The most critical issue facing this nation and the nations globally is the issue of the Father and fathers. In the realm of the visible, it is the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual absence of the father in the home. In the invisible, it is the children of the Father having been born again yet living beneath who they are in Christ having an orphaned-heart and slave-mentality as sons. Truly, the adversary well knows the greatest return to his devouring is to either remove the father from families or have the fathers broken and dysfunctional who will abuse and misuse their families. Moreover, recent studies have recorded that one’s image of God is the most accurate predictor of behavior than any other source. No wonder that the father of lies seeks to distort the image of God as Father so he can damn and deceive those who are driven as slaves to the caricature of another god.
Jesus used more words related to the Father than any other topic. This cannot be understated or misunderstood. Jesus said He came to show us the Father. His orientation as the Son revolved entirely around only doing the things He saw the Father doing, speaking only the things His Father was saying, and always doing those things pleasing to the Father. It turns out that the presence or absence of fathers is the greatest asset or worse liability to foundations and futures both spiritually and for families.
The mounting evidence is becoming a mountain before us as a people. Just in the U.S. alone, there are currently 438,000 children in foster homes. There are thousands of them in the state welfare systems due to the increasing shortage of foster care and adoption opportunities. 59% of children from welfare homes are adopted leaving 41% fatherless and without a place called “home”. There are the untold masses who are living in homes where they are unloved, unwanted, exploited, and abused.
Globally there is an estimated 153 million orphans. God in His foreknowledge of this generation has prophetically spoken to act within Himself to address this global catastrophe:
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse. –Mal. 4:5-6 NKJV
God foresees the final exit of the preexisting condition of a fatherless generation. In His sovereignty He will move to address the underlying cause lest it cross an invisible line to a point of no return. However, God will work within Himself as well as mobilize a great army of spiritual fathers and mothers to facilitate a supernatural outpouring of the Spirit of Adoption among the fatherless and in the hearts of those adopted in spirit but remain slaves in their thinking and behavior.
November is International Adoption Month. We need to assist any way we can those involved in Foster Care and Adoption agencies. The Bible says that Jesus is the image of the invisible God –Col. 1:15. Jesus said, if you have seen Me, you have seen the Father—John 14:9. Our greatest efforts and most rewarding labors of love will be to “backfill” the loss of parents to orphans and facilitate God’s children encountering and experiencing the fullness of the Father’s provision, peace, power, and presence via the Spirit of Adoption. The statistics are overwhelming:
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes.
- 90% of all homeless/runaway youth are from fatherless homes.
- 80% of rapists with anger problems are from fatherless homes.
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
- 68% of youth are more likely to use alcohol, drugs, and tobacco are from fatherless homes.
- 90% of prisons are filled with people from broken homes.
- The majority of those with gender-confusion and in the LGBTQ community either had no father or a dysfunctional relationship with their father.
These are but a few of the statistics known as “father factors” or the consequences of not being fathered as children and adults.
But Jesus said, With men these things would be impossible, But with God all things are possible with those who believe. (Mk. 10:27) Our endeavor today is to find out where God is working and join Him there. Here is where we will pour out our intercession and advocacy to visit the fatherless and widows in their afflictions and distresses. (Jam. 1:27)
It is a God-sized problem so it will take God-sized praying to believe against all odds to see this crisis heard from in heaven and healed in this land. We will pray into Five Arenas where God the Father is displaying and demonstrating His justice and judgement and His love and acceptance via His ministers of reconciliation:
- The Revelation of Adoption
- The Reality of Adoption
- The Rainbows of Adoption
- The Revolution of Adoption
- The Reverberations of Adoption
Let us position ourselves as intercessors who will stand in the gap, make up the hedge in heaven, and go to the crossroads of need as advocates in the earth. Although, not any one of us could change 153 million orphans’ lives, every one of us could change at least one today!
- The REVELATION OF ADOPTION
Galatians 4:4-7 NKJV
But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
General Direction: For God’s adopted sons/daughters to come into the fullness of everything God the Son has secured for them; that all of God’s promises are “Yes and Amen”; that they no longer fear or are rejected but as sons led by the Spirit of adoption.
- 14 For (A)as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For (B)you did not receive the spirit of bondage again (C)to fear, but you received the (D)Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, (E)“Abba,[a] Father.” 16 (F)The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then (G)heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, (H)if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. –Rom. 8:14-17 NKJV
- 2 (A)For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. –Deut. 14:2 NKJV
- 16 (A)Doubtless You are our Father, Though Abraham (B)was ignorant of us, And Israel does not acknowledge us. You, O Lord, are our Father; Our Redeemer from Everlasting is Your name. –Is. 63:16 NKJV
- 8 But now, O Lord,You are our Father;We are the clay, and You our (A)potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. –Is. 64:18 NKJV
- 12 But (A)as many as received Him, to them He gave the [a]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 (B)who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. –Jn. 1:12-13 NKJV
- 18 “I(A)will be a Father to you, And you shall be My (B)sons and daughters, Says the Lord ” —2 Cor. 6:18 NKJV
- 18 I will not leave you as orphans;(A) I will come to you. –Jn. 14:18 NIV
- 50 For(A)whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”–Mt. 12:50 NKJV
- 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven(A) is my brother and sister and mother.” –Eph. 2:19 NKJV
- 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, –Eph. 3:15 NKJV
- 3 The Lord has appeared [a]of old to me, saying: “Yes, (A)I have loved you with (B)an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have (C)drawn you. –Jer. 31:3 NKJV
- That those who are born again but still have an orphaned-heart and slave mentality would remove the walls in their hearts and be transformed by the renewing of their minds.
- That God’s children would have a personal revelation of their adoption and sonship and a redemptive vision of God as Father with prophetic revelation of their identity and promises in Him.
- That God the Father’s children would find love and acceptance in Christ and establish security and contentment because of Him.
- That God’s children would put away the yoke of slavery and take on the yoke of Christ and sonship and learn trust and dependency in Jesus not in self or other people.
- That the sons/daughters of adoption would learn to love God and neighbor, not by the love of law (i.e. rules or regulations) but by the law of love (i.e. to love others as God loved them in Christ). (Rom. 13:10)
- That God’s people would not seek praise and approval from man to feel accepted and affirmed, but look to the Son and the Father who so loves them and they are accepted in the Beloved.
- That God’s children would accept the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, the Sprit of freedom, and the future of hope and promised.
- The REALITY OF ADOPTION
1 John 3:1-3 NIV
How what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! … Dear friends, NOW WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
General Direction: For the Spirit of Adoption to grow to maturity in the son/servants of the Father’s household; that we would learn the reality of being loved and accepted in the beloved and that we would be motivated, moved, and mobilized to be change agents for the fatherless and raise up godly sons to be faithful fathers.
- 5 (A)A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation. –Ps. 68:5 NKJV
- God (A)stands in the congregation of [a]the mighty; He judges among (B)the [b]gods. 3 [a]Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and (A)needy. 5 They do not know, nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the (A)foundations of the earth are [a]unstable. –Ps. 82:1,3,5 NKJV
- 9 In this(A)manner, therefore, pray: (B)Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your (C) –Mt. 6:9 NKJV
- 11 If you then,(A)being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! –Mt. 7:11 NKJV
- 17 And if you call on the Father, who (A)without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; –1 Pet. 1:17 NKJV
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled.(A) You believe(B) in God[a];(C)believe also in me.2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there(D) to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back(E) and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.(F) 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.” 18 I will not leave you as orphans;(A) I will come to you. –Jn. 14:1-4,18 NIV
- 9 (A)For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is [a]perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For (B)now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then (C)face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. –1 Cor. 13:9-12 NKJV
- 2 For He says:(A)“In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. –2 Cor. 6:2 NKJV
- That God’s children would experience the fullness of revelation of the Fatherhood of God and the reality of their adoption, sonship, and belonging in the Father’s family and household.
- That God’s children would uproot the spirit of rejection and resentment and receive the outpouring of the Father’s love via Holy Spirit and learn to receive His love and love others and themselves the way God loves them.
- That God’s sons/daughters would learn to embrace the future that has been promised them and make the most of opportunities now that they are loved, accepted, and have plans and a future hope today.
- That God the Father does not view those born again as slaves or aliens, but as those beloved and accepted in the Son of God, and approved with favor by faith.
- That God’s people would be motivated, moved, and mobilized to address the crises of orphaned-children, adoption, and foster care families.
- That the church would intervene in the human trafficking and child porn industry, and extortion of children.
- That God’s people would be change agents regarding “backfilling” fatherless families and become spiritual fathers and mothers.
- The RAINBOW OF ADOPTION
2 Corinthians 1: 19-20, 22 TPT
He has always been and always will be for us a resounding “YES!” For all of God’s promises find their “yes” of fulfillment in him. And as his “yes” and our “amen” ascend to God, we bring him glory! He knows we are his since he has also stamped his seal of love over our hearts and has given us the Holy Spirit like an engagement ring is given to a bride—a down payment of the blessings to come!
General Direction: For the children of the Father to receive, accept, and apply the rainbows of God’s promises as “Yes and Amen in Christ”; that we have the seal of His love and promise through the Spirit of Adoption and we have a godly heritage now and in heaven, as well as, an inheritance of reward and heavenly treasure stored in our stewardship as sons.
- 5 he[a] predestined(A) us for adoption to sonship[b](B) through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure(C) and will—6 to the praise of his glorious grace,(D) which he has freely given us in the One he loves. –Eph. 1:5-6 NIV
- 12 Not that I have already (A)attained,[a] or am already (B)perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have [b]apprehended; but one thing I do, (C)forgetting those things which are behind and (D)reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 (E)I press toward the goal for the prize of (F)the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- 15 Therefore let us, as many as are (G)mature, (H)have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, (I)God will reveal even this to you.—Phil. 3:12-15 NKJV
- 11 (A)In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to (B)the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 (C)that we (D)who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard (E)the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, (F)you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 (G)who[a] is the [b]guarantee of our inheritance (H)until the redemption of (I)the purchased possession, (J)to the praise of His glory.15 Therefore I also, (K)after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, –Eph. 1:11-15 NKJV
- 20 (A)For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and (B)has anointed us is God, 22 who (C)also has sealed us and (D)given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. –2 Cor. 1:20-22 NKJV
- 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us [a]diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ (A)among those who are being saved and (B)among those who are perishing. –2 Cor. 14-15 NKJV
- 18 (A)to open their eyes, in order(B)to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, (C)that they may receive forgiveness of sins and (D)an inheritance among those who are(E)sanctified[a] by faith in Me.’ –Ac. 26:18 NKJV
- 12 (A)giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of (B)the inheritance of the saints in the light. –Col. 1:12 NKJV
- 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised (A)He was also able to perform.—Rom. 4:21 NKJV
- 3 as His (A)divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him (B)who called us by glory and virtue, 4 (C)by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be (D)partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the [a]corruption that is in the world through lust. –2 Pet. 1:3-4 NKJV
- 4 (A)And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; (B)there shall be no more death, (C)nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” 5 Then (D)He who sat on the throne said, (E)“Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [a]to me, “Write, for (F)these words are true and faithful.” –Rev. 21:4-5 NKJV
- 17 Therefore, if anyone (A)is in Christ, he is (B)a new creation; (C)old things have passed away; behold, all things have become (D)new. 21 For (A)He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become (B)the righteousness of God in Him. –2 Cor. 5;17, 21 NKJV
- For the Father’s children to destroy the yoke of orphaned-slavery and take on Christ’s yoke of son/servanthood.
- For God’s children to understand that they were loved and chosen from the foundation of the world and that they are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise and a guaranteed future.
- For God’s children to understand that not only are we saved by grace through faith but we have a heritage to live for and and inheritance to believe for in our faithful stewardship of the trust given us.
- For the children of the Father to comprehend that, not only have old things passed away, but that He has also made all things new for us therefore we must forget those things which are behind and press on towards the mark of the heavenly call in Christ for us.
- For God’s people to realize that we have already been blessed with every spiritual promise in heavenly places and have been raised up and seated with Christ in our position as promised sons.
- For us to labor in love and be rich in good works and trust…not to be saved but because we are saved.
- For God’s people to learn that He is for us, not against us, and nothing can separate us and He has freely given us all things.
- The REVOLUTION OF ADOPTION
1 Corinthians 4:14-16 Amplified
I do not write this to shame you, but to warn and counsel you AS MY BELOVED CHILDREN. After all, though you should have ten thousand teachers (guides to direct you) in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the glad tidings (the Gospel). So I urge and implore you, be imitators of me.
General Direction: To intercede and advocate for a revolution of spiritual fathers and mothers; to be a change agent in helping the fatherless spiritually, physically, financially, emotionally, mentally, and materially; to “backfill” where the adversary has devoured and caused loss; to freely give as we have freely received.
- 5 Behold, I will send you (A)Elijah the prophet (B)Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. 6 And (C)he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and (D)strike the earth with (E)a curse.” –Mal. 4:5-6 NKJV
- 17 (A)He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” –Lk. 1:17 NKJV
- 10 (A)When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the Lord will take care of me. –Ps. 27:10 NKJV
- 27 (A)Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: (B)to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, (C)and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. –Jam. 1:27 NKJV
- 22 (A)“You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child. –Ex. 22:22 NKJV
- 17 (A)“You shall not pervert justice due the stranger or the fatherless, (B)nor take a widow’s garment as a pledge. –Deut. 24:17 NKJV
- 12 “When you have finished laying aside all the (A)tithe of your increase in the third year—(B)the year of tithing—and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled, –Deut. 26:12 NKJV
- 10 Do not remove the ancient [a]landmark, Nor enter the fields of the fatherless; –Pro. 23:10 NKJV
- 17 Learn to do good;Seek justice,Rebuke [a]the oppressor; [b]Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. –Is. 1:17 NKJV
- 14 I do not write these things to shame you, but (A)as my beloved children I warn you. 15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for (B)in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, (C)imitate me. -1 Cor. 4:14-16 NKJV
- 4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, (B)rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. –1 Pet. 2:4-5 NKJV
- 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you,(A)unless one is born [a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, (A)unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is (B)flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. –Jn. 3:3, 5-6 NKJV
- 20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who[a]will believe in Me through their word; 23 I in them, and You in Me; (A)that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. –Jn. 17:20, 23 NKJV
- To intercede and prepare for the sovereign act of God in sending the spirit and power of Elijah to turn the hearts of fathers and the children in restitution of divine design and restoration of the family.
- To possess the Father heart of God in ministry to the least of these, including orphans and widows, and bring change where we can.
- To be a part of the solution not the problem regarding fatherless children, and dysfunctional dads and families.
- To embrace the Spirit of Adoption in bringing many sons and daughters to be born from above into the Father’s family and be facilitators of the outpouring of God’s love and acceptance to the body of Christ.
- To freely give as we have freely received and make ourselves available to be liberators, healers, and spiritual fathers and mothers to the fatherlessness in their brokenness, loneliness, and lostness.
- To be about our Father’s business in being minsters of reconciliation and restitution of orphan’s and the orphan-heart.
- To move and mobilize to cover the earth with God’s glory in returning that which was lost in sons and daughters of the Father.
- The REVERBERATIONS OF ADOPTION
Romans 8:14-16 TPT
The mature children of God are those who are moved by the impulses of the Holy Spirit. And you did not receive the “spirit of religious duty,” leading you back into the fear of never being good enough. But you have received the “Spirit of full acceptance,” enfolding you into the family of God. And you will never feel orphaned, for as he rises up within us, our spirits join him in saying the words of tender affection, “Beloved Father!” For the Holy Spirit makes God’s fatherhood real to us as he whispers into our innermost being, “You are God’s beloved child!”
General Direction: That our entire orientation as children of God would reverberate the character and nature of God as Father; that from us would emanate His mind, message, and motivation to have what He has provided in the Son; for us to be compelled by love, moved by compassion, and mobilized as a family to those forsaken, forgotten, and lost.
- 21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you!(A)As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” –Jn. 20:21 NKJV
- 17 (A)Sanctify[a] them by Your truth.(B)Your word is truth. –Jn. 17:17 NKJV
- 15 “If you love me, keep my commands.(A)16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate(B) to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.(C) The world cannot accept him,(D) because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans;(E) I will come to you.(F) 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.(G) Because I live, you also will live.(H) 20 On that day(I) you will realize that I am in my Father,(J) and you are in me, and I am in you.—Jn. 14:15-20 NIV
- 26 (A)“But when the[a]Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, (B)He will testify of Me. 27 And (C)you also will bear witness, because (D)you have been with Me from the beginning. –Jn. 15:26-27 NKJV
- 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but(A)if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has (B)come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 13 However, when He, (A)the Spirit of truth, has come, (B)He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 (C)He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 (D)All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He [a]will take of Mine and declare it to you.—Jn. 16:7-8,13-15 NKJV
- 20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who[a]will believe in Me through their word; 21 (A)that they all may be one, as (B)You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 23 I in them, and You in Me; (A)that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. –Jn. 17:20-21, 23 NKJV
- 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, (A)“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.19 (B)Go [a]therefore and (C)make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 (D)teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am (E)with you always, even to the end of the age.” [b]Amen.–Mt. 28:18-20 NKJV
- 21 “Not everyone who says to Me,(B)‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who (C)does the will of My Father in heaven.–Mt. 7:21 NKJV
- 36 “Abba,[a] Father,”(A)he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup(B) from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” –Mk. 14:36 NIV
- 15 (A)And He said to them, “Go into all the world(B)and preach the gospel to every creature.—Mk. 16:15 NKJV
- 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that (A)if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, (B)that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 17 Therefore, if anyone (A)is in Christ, he is (B)a new creation; (C)old things have passed away; behold, all things have become (D)new. 18 Now all things are of God, (E)who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that (F)God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not [a]imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then, we are (G)ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For (H)He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become (I)the righteousness of God in Him.–2 Cor. 5:14-15, 17-21 NKJV
- 8 (A)By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit;(B)so you will be My disciples. 16 (A)You did not choose Me, but I chose you and (B)appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father (C)in My name He may give you. –Jn. 15:8, 16 NKJV
- 27 But (A)God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the [a]base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, –1 Cor. 1:27-28 NKJV
- Imitate(A) me, just as I also imitate Christ. –1 Cor. 11:1 NKJV
- That the children of the Father would work out from what God is working in them to both will and do according to His good will.
- That we would not be driven by the spirit of fear/bondage but led by the Spirit of sonship and let our lives shine before men that they may see our good works and glorify the Father in heaven.
- That we would remove the old orphaned-slave lifestyle and thinking and put on the new son/servant way of living to show forth God’s excellencies and promise to the lost and broken.
- That we would go to the valleys of decision, go as lambs among wolves, go to the highway and byways and into all the world and freely give as we have freely received.
- That because we are no longer orphans, we can be about our Father’s business, doing our Father’s will, and finishing His work.
- That all our orientation as sons of the Father revolve around doing HIs will and doing nothing without Him, and doing always the things that please Him.
OUR KIDS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Needs for Foster Care System:
- More foster or adoptive families
- Gift cards for foster families (fast food/Walmart)
- Birthday boxes filled with items to have a party for a child in care
- New sealed in-date car seats
- More therapeutic foster care homes
- Placement Duffel Bags
- Toiletries, diapers, and pajamas for emergency placements
- Foster Parent’s Night Out
- Host training (continuing education for families)
- Our Kids Clothing Center Volunteers