07 Nov R3 Alliance, INTELLIGENT REASONS FOR A READY RESPONSE, November 7, 2018
1 Peter 3:15 NIV
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to
everyone who asks you the reason for the hope you have.
The definitive church was established on the Man, message, and mandate of Jesus Christ. Six words define the life, teachings, and ministry of Christ: I have compassion on the multitudes. (Mk. 8:2) Everything that perpetuates the kingdom of heaven being advanced on the earth emanates from the heart of God. Yet, as we witness the last days outpouring of the Spirit on other parts of the planet we observe western civilization in a steep decline.
The underlying cause of darkness, division, and deception is not the fault of the sinner it is the default of the saints. The foundation Christ laid is firm and the kingdom we are receiving is unshakable. Yet for America money and materialism are the grand masters of adoration, as well as, worshiping at the altar of sexual idolatry, and the obsession with power and self-autonomy. The pre-existing condition that has caused this onset of lawlessness, ungodliness, and degradation is the saturated absence of the salt and light in the nation. A nation known as “Christian” and “the people of the Book” is now neo-pagan and self-deceived. The unreached and unchurched population in America is the unpaid bills of the church.—Evangelist Scott Hinkle Statistics say we are presently reaching 4% of Millennials and Gen Y. Eighty-five percent of churches in America have plateaued or are in decline. Around 25% of Americans attend church regularly on a monthly base, according to Barna. This statistic even becomes more demoralizing when asked, “How many pray regularly” or “Read the Bible frequently”. Moreover, 95% of Christians have never led another soul to Christ.
God said, My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. (Hos.4:6) The issue is worldview. Worldview is the lens though which you filter and interpret the world around you. It is the understanding you have of the world you live in. Everyone has a worldview. The only question is—is it right or wrong? A worldview is defined by answering the following questions:
- Where did we come from?
- Who am I?
- What is wrong with the world?
- How can we fix it?
- Whose values will govern us?
After extensive research, Barna concluded, that the way non-Christians think and the many professing Christians think has no difference. In other words, the way church-going people think about culture is no different than the way the unchurched think. When Jesus described His followers, He used words of penetration: salt, water, light, and wind. Jesus expounded on the cause and effect of salt saying: You are the salt of the earth; but if salt loses its flavor, how can it be seasoned? It is good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled under the foot of men. (Mt. 5:13) This is an intriguing usage of salt. For we know salt is good for seasoning to flavor, causing thirst, preventing decay and corruption, and melting ice. Yet, here He says if it has lost its function, it is no count with no good consequence. Although, it is salt it has lost its saltiness. The reference to “thrown out and trampled under the foot of men” has its implications in being overrun by false theologies, corrupting influences, and ideologies that seem right to men but in the end lead to death and destruction. The literal translation implicates being marched on by army boots on the ground taking territory and securing strongholds.
Here is where we learn that freedom is not free. Salvation is free but it cost the Father His Son and the Son His life. Moreover, although salvation is free, the rest will cost us everything! Bonhoeffer called it the cost of discipleship. Jesus said, If you are truly My disciples you will continue in My teachings and you know the truth and the truth shall set you free. (Jn. 8:31-32) We are not free to do as we please but to do as we are purposed. God leaves us on the earth to be reconcilers, ambassadors, and His hand extended to the lost. Just as a law officer has a badge of delegated authority and a revolver of measured power we too have been authorized to go as the Father sent the Son and even to do greater works because we are anointed with the Holy Spirit and power to do good works, being full of fruit, and rich in labors of love.
We have been given everything we need pertaining to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that has called us to glory and virtue. Whereby we are given exceedingly great and precious promises; that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2 Pet. 1:3-4)
We have a Biblical mandate to go where we are sent, say what we are commanded, and do only that which pleases the Father in all things. The problem with America is not a harvest problem it is the price of neglect. The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.
The ready response is co-opted in a dual yoke: 1. Being endued with power from on high to proclaim the promises of the Father to this generation as a witness to Jesus Himself. 2. To be transformed by the renewing of our minds through our knowledge of Christ and rightly divide the Word of Truth because we have studied to show ourselves approved to God as workmen who need not be ashamed. On the one side, we are commanded Do not put out the Spirit’s fire (1 Thes. 5:19). On the other side that Christ’s love compels us…we are ambassadors, as though Christ were making his appeal through us. (2 Cor. 5:14, 20)
The modern day church—has become a mile wide and an inch deep. We have received the message of free salvation but have selective hearing on the cost of discipleship. The neglect of responsibility, the litany of excuses, and absence of testimony exists only in the minds of the ignorant or self-deceived, not in the pages of Scripture. We have partially succeeded in evangelizing the nation, but grossly failed at discipling the people. Without a redemptive vision of God, people perish (Prov. 29:18). The decline of America is due to the apathy and ignorance of the church’s purpose proceeding from the heart of God.
The kingdom of heaven does not turn on an election cycle or the rise and fall of empires and nations. Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken…let’s worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men (Heb. 12:28, 2 Cor. 5:11) Our prayer endeavor today is, not only for church to envision the redemption of God and be empowered by the infilling of the Holy Spirit, but to be intentionally equipped and enabled to, both, contend for the faith against opposition and to answer everyone with the reason we have to hope. The sucking sound we hear is the vacuum being filled with socialism, humanism, secularism, hedonism, and deception due to the church’s forfeit. Every vacuum seeks to be filled. The emptiness is the absence of laborers. It has created a flood the enemies’ schemes, devices, and strongholds. As for us, We overcome by the blood of the lamb, the word of our testimony, and we do not love our lives in this world to the death. (Rev. 12:11). The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy (Rev. 19:10). We dare not exit where we should be entering the harvest. The intersection of interaction and the crossroads of relationship is where we bear the testimony of Jesus. This is where His advances become our adventures. As they went forth and preached everywhere, the Lord worked with them…confirming the word with signs following (Mk. 16:20). As we are empowered and equipped we are made ready for the Master’s use in every good work, every labor of love, and rich in fruitfulness as laborers in the harvest.
Tozer wrote: Invariably where daring faith is struggling to advance against hopeless odds, there is God sending “help from the sanctuary”. I have noticed that the power of God has always hovered over our frontiers. Miracles have accompanied our advances and have ceased when we allowed ourselves to become satisfied and cease to advance. The creed power cannot save a movement from barrenness. There must be the work of power. The only way to power for such a church is to come out of hiding and once more take the danger—encircled path of obedience. Its security is its deadliest foe.
As we are praying into expounding on 1 Peter 3:15, we will expand its truths deep and wide for the church to be motivated, moved, and mobilized to have the heart of the shepherd towards the multitudes while having a renewed mind that will have Intelligent Reasons For Ready Responses to the masses.
- IN YOUR HEARTS SET APART CHRIST AS LORD
Colossians 2:6-10a; 1:18 NIV
So then, just as you have received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ…so that in everything he might have supremacy.
General Direction: For the church to understand that the Lordship of Christ is not an option or opinion; that we no longer belong to ourselves but are to live unto Him and not deny Him His right to use us as His hand extended to the lost; to remove double-mindedness and divided hearts and set apart our hearts to His compassion being compelled by His love for sinners.
- 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus [a]accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. –1 Cor. 12:3 NKJV
- 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. -1 Cor. 8:6 NKJV
- 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. –Phil. 2:9-11 NKJV
- 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. –Rom. 14:7-8 NKJV
- 20 “My old identity has been co-crucified with Messiah and no longer lives; for the nails of his cross crucified me with him. And now the essence of this new life is no longer mine, for the Anointed One lives his life through me—we live in union as one! My new life is empowered by the faith of the Son of God who loves me so much that he gave himself for me, and dispenses his life into mine! –Gal. 2:20 TPT
- 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, –Eph. 1:22 NKJV
- 36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” –Ac. 2:36 NKJV
- 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. –Rom. 10:9-10 NKJV
- 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. –Rev. 19:16 NKJV
- 14 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of [a]the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of [b]the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” –Jsh. 24:14-15 NKJV
- 21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people answered him not a word. –1 Kgs. 18:21 NKJV
- 11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. –2 Cor. 5:11, 15 NIV
- For the church to move beyond just accepting Jesus as Savior but to fully receive Him as the Lord of All rooted and established in His ownership.
- For God’s people to understand what it means to be “set apart” for Christ in everything.
- For the redeemed to the Lord to comprehend that we are crucified with Christ and our lives no longer belong to us, but whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
- For Christians to stop wavering between opinions of Lordship, to repent of being double-minded and divided in heart and declare, “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord”.
- For the church to give Christ supremacy in all things including having compassion on the multitudes and being compelled by love to share and care with the Gospel.
- For believers to comprehend the beginning point of all things is consecration to the One who paid it all and saved us to the uttermost, therefore, we cannot deny Him the right to use us as His hand extended to the harvest of souls.
- For all of our Veterans to know and feel the debt of gratitude we owe them and their families for their service and sacrifices for our freedom.
- ALWAYS BE PREPARED
1 Peter 1:13 NIV
Therefore, PREPARE YOUR MINDS FOR ACTION; be self-controlled;
set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
General Direction: That the redeemed of the Lord would be in a constant state of preparation to be ready for the Master’s use in the valleys of decision and the highways and byways; that the body of Christ would refuse double-mindedness and divided hearts and give Jesus permission to use them whenever and wherever He needs us; to have the heart of passion and compassion and the mind of a scholar who has studied to rightly divide the Word of Truth.
- 20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. 22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. –2 Tim. 2:20-22 NIV
- 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. –2 Tim. 4:2-3, 7 NIV
- 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. –2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJV
- 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. –2 Tim. 2:15 NKJV
- 4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying: “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight. 6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’ ” –Lk. 3:4, 6 NKJV
- 12 Sow righteousness for yourselves,reap the fruit of unfailing love,and break up your unplowed ground;for it is time to seek the Lord,
until he comes and showers his righteousness on you. 13 But you have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil, you have eaten the fruit of deception. Because you have depended on your own strength and on your many warriors, –Hos. 10:12-13 NIV
- 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
- 9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. –1 Cor. 3:6-9 NKJV
- 11 These were more [a]fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. –Ac. 17:11 NKJV
- 19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God and be careful to observe all the words of this law and these statutes, –Deut. 17:19 NKJV
- 4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the [a]patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. –Rom. 15:4 NKJV
- 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you[a] shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” –Jsh. 1:8-9 NKJV
- Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the [a]ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he [b]meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the [c]rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. –Ps. 1:1-3 NKJV
- That the redeemed of the LORD would be in a perpetual state of preparation to be ready for the Master’s use to both saints and sinners.
- That the body of Christ would not only prepare their hearts with extra oil with their lamps but study to show themselves approved to God as workmen of the word and needs not be ashamed, but can rightly divide the word of truth.
- That each believer would be grounded in the truth and productive in the ministry of presenting the gospel in effective ways.
- That the church would take on the passion of the Bereans to study the Scriptures and the mind of Stephen to be able to expand the Scriptures to both Jew and Gentile; for churches to equip the body for evangelism/outreach.
- That every follower of Jesus would understand the 3 phases of harvest: sowing, watering, and reaping and that every sinner is in one of those stages.
- That the children of God would not use lack of training or opportunity as excuses to neglect the harvest and allow perfect love to cast out the fear of men.
- The churches would fully equip and empower the Body of Christ to be effective ministers of reconciliation at the intersections of interaction and crossroads of divine appointments.
- That we would remember to pray for our Veterans who have returned from tours of duty with scars, visible and invisible, and believe for total healing.
- TO GIVE AN ANSWER
Colossians 4:5-6 NIV
Be wise in the way you acts towards outsiders; make the most of every opportunity;
let your conversation always be full of grace, season with salt. SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW HOW TO ANSWER EVERYONE.
General Direction: For every believer to learn how to effectively share and care for sinners and equip themselves to plant, water, and harvest souls when the opportunity occurs; that we would answer, “Here am I, Lord, send me!”’; to not argue or judge by outward appearances, but to effectively divide the word of truth and speak with grace, compassion, and love towards the lost.
- 19 Do not quench the Spirit. –1 Thes. 5:19 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Ac. 1:8 NKJV
- 31 Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight. 32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us. 44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city[a]of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”–Lk. 24:31-32, 44-45, 49 NKJV
- 10 Andthe gospel must first be preached to all the nations. 11 But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, [a]or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. –Mk. 13:10-11 NKJV
- 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. –Lk. 13:3 NKJV
- 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. –2 Cor. 7:10 NKJV
- 30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,And he who [a]wins souls is wise. –Pro. 11:30 NKJV
- 13 He who covers his sins will not prosper,But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. –Pro. 28:13 NKJV
- 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” 9 And He said, “Go, and tell this people: ‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’ 10 “Make the heart of this people dull, And their ears heavy, And shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed.” 11 Then I said, “Lord, how long?” And He answered: “Until the cities are laid waste and without inhabitant, The houses are without a man, The land is utterly desolate,–Is. 6:8-11 NKJV
- 3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. –Jude 3 NIV
- 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.Because you have rejected knowledge,I also will reject you from being priest for Me;Because you have forgotten the law of your God,I also will forget your children. –Hos. 4:6 NKJV
- 18 Where there is no [a]revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law. –Pro. 29:18 NKJV
- 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [a]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, –Rom. 1:20 NKJV
- 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a[a]winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her [b]” –Mt. 11:19 NKJV
- For each believer to take personal responsibility to learn how to interact with the lost and know what they believe and why they believe it.
- For the church to be in the world but not of the world, to be able to be a “friend of sinners” without being friendly to sin.
- For the church to grow to maturity in the use of the Word and being led by the Holy Spirit and master the skills of showing and caring for those who Jesus died for.
- For the church to hear the appeal from heaven, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Me?” and we would answer, “Here am I, Lord, send me!”
- For the Body of Christ would learn to contend for the faith and be wise in witnessing, not to argue, but to lead the lost to be found.
- For the individual follower of Christ to be able to share their personal experiences, expand on how creation reveals God, the Scriptures explain God, and Jesus is the divine radiance and exact representation of God to those searching.
- For God’s people to receive a personal redemptive vision of God and not allow the lack of knowledge or apathy to diminish or destroy their witness.
- For the church to frequently pray for Veterans and their families, knowing 22 vets commit suicide daily and there is a high rate of domestic violence and divorce among their families.
- TO EVERYONE WHO ASKS YOU
Matthew 5:16 NKJV
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
General Direction: That our lives and message would match; that our good works, fullness of fruits, and labors of love would intrigue sinners as to why we are different and encounter our willingness and readiness to share the Good News with them; that our lives would be an open book known and read by all, leading them to truth and our motivation is perfect love and doing things unto the Lord.
- 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. – 2 Cor. 3:2-3 NKJV
- 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us [a]diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? –2 Cor. 2:14-16 NKJV
- 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” –Jn. 13:34-35 NKJV
- 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. –Jn. 17:21 NKJV
- “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’–Mt. 25:1, 4, 9 NKJV
- 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ –Mt. 25:34-40 NKJV
- 20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the [a]disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a [b]stumbling block and to the [c]Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. –1 Cor. 1:20-25 NKJV
- And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the [a]testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of [b]human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. –1 Cor. 2:1-5 NKJV
- 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. –Jn. 6:63 NKJV
- 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.—Jn. 5:19 NKJV
- 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will [a]by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. –Jn. 6:37-38 NKJV
- 32 And I,if I am [a]lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” –Jn. 12:32 NKJV
- 19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” –Mt. 4:19 NKJV
- 13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. 14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.—Mt. 5:13-15 NKJV
- 19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save [a]a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. –Jam. 5:19-20 NKJV
- 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.22 And on some have compassion, [a]making a distinction; 23 but others save [b]with fear, pulling them out of the [c]fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. –Jude 20-23 NKJV
- 6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” –Ac. 3:6 NKJV
- 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. –Ac. 4:12-13 NKJV
- The wicked flee when no one pursues, But the righteous are bold as a lion. –Pro. 28:1 NKJV
- That we would live in such a way as to be able to say to others, “Follow me, as I follow Christ’s example”; that we would be Jesus with skin.
- That our lives would intrigue and interact others who are watching us as to why we are different from other people.
- That because we have the fruit of the Spirit we can attest to searching sinners, “O taste and see that God is good.”
- That we would know when to show compassion or when to save others with fear making a difference.
- That the body would keep in mind that our lives are an open book being known and read of all men; if we are the only Bible some will ever read, then we must be the truest translation, and if we are the only Jesus seen, then be the clearest reflection.
- That our fleshly efforts, force of will, or religious pride cannot change one sinner nor advance the kingdom of heaven one inch on earth.
- That we not compromise the price paid for salvation and that God is totally exclusive on how one is save and by whose name.
- That our lives back up our message and our message is not muted when the Lord of the harvest seeks our labor.
- That God would give uncommon grace to retired Veterans and active military members and that His grace would appear to them leading them to salvation.
- THE REASON FOR THE HOPE YOU HAVE
Romans 15:13 NIV
May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and
peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
General Direction: For the church to be overflowing with hope and develop a ready response in reasoning with those who have questions or are searching; that we learn to rightly divide the Word of Truth in such a way that either it will convince sinners to convert or leave such an impression on them they go away and search for what we said.
- 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [a]perseverance; 4 and perseverance, [b]character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. –Rom. 5:2-5 NKJV
- 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel [a]of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” –Rom. 1:16-17 NKJV
- 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. 12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.” –1 Cor. 5:11-14 NKJV
- 11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, 12 that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing. –1 Thes. 4:11-12 NKJV
- 5 when I call to remembrance the [a]genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. –2 Tim. 1:5, 7 NKJV
- 17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love [a]Him because He first loved us. –1 Jn. 4:17-19 NKJV
- 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.19 Go [a]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, –Mt. 28:18-19 NKJV
- 23 Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. –Lk. 14:23 NKJV
- 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine [a]just persons who need no repentance. –Lk. 15:7 NKJV
- 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. –1 Cor. 15:57-58 NKJV
- 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and [a]labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.—Heb. 6:10 NKJV
- 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. 35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! –Jn. 4:34-35 NKJV
- 25 The fear of man brings a snare,But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be [a]safe. –Pro. 29:25 NKJV
- For the church to develop a ready response to the outsiders and how the God of hope has filled us to overflowing with joy, peace, and hopefulness in a word of darkness, despair, and deception.
- For the body of Christ to not receive the spirit of timidity or the fear of man, but permit hope to overflow from us, love constrain us, and the power of the Holy Spirit move us.
- For the church to stop denying the responsibility for the harvest and finding excuses and exempting themselves from not going out and inviting them to the King’s banquet table.
- For the “redeemed of the LORD” to choose the fear of the Lord, not be paralyzed by the approval or praises of men; to present the cross whether we are hated or loved, rejected or accepted in our witness.
- For believers to not deny the Lordship of Christ when He sends them to the valley of decisions, crossroads of the searching, and the intersections of interaction with sinners and share the Gospel as a witness for Jesus.
- For us to understand that miracles are awaiting our arrival at the frontiers of outreach –that God desires to demonstrate His power over our advances.
- For us to not put out the fire of the Holy Spirit and prepare our minds for action in mission.
- For divine protection and provision to our military personal—far and near.