14 Nov Online Prayer, MAKE YOURSELF A MASTERPIECE!, Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Learning the Art of Becoming the Beauty of the LORD
Ephesians 2:10 NLT
FOR WE ARE GOD’S MASTERPIECE. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
The Scriptures inform us that By faith the worlds were framed by the Word of God (Heb. 11:3) and on the sixth day after God crescendoed His creation by making man in His own image and likeness: God saw every thing that He had made, behold, IT WAS VERY GOOD. (Gen. 1:31) With each preceding day of the six God said, He saw it was good. But we do well to note that after He created man in His own image and likeness he said, it was very good placing him at the apex of His handiwork. Furthermore, Psalm 8:5-6 God crowned man with glory and honor and made him to have dominion over the works of His hands. Moreover, Scriptures continue to unfold His divine mystery of human possibility and procreation as stewards of the works of God’s hands: Ephesians 2:10 NLT For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus. So we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. Another version renders it; …created us in Christ Jesus to join Him in the work He does…God always begins with the end in mind. Eccl. 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in his time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning. Acts 15:18 says, Known to God are all His works from the beginning of the world. We may not know exactly what the future holds but we do know Who holds the future. As the Potter, He has a plan and purposes as we place our lives in His hands. If we choose to cling to our will, we will deform the potential beauty that awaits the finished product of the Potter.
We live in an age were image is everything and success determined by physical beauty, outward appearance, wealth, athleticism, talent, and skill. We know of “Extreme Makeovers” where an individual undergoes a physical transformation of weight loss, body sculpting, skin treatments, teeth-fixing, and new hairdos. However, the Bible is not silent in these matters: Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting (Pr. 31:30); For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart. (1 Chron. 16:7) Jesus said; Do not judge according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. The old saying is “beauty is only skin deep.” We know that there is a beauty beyond the bonds of earth and humanity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and God sees both the beauty of His handiwork, as well as, the potential beauty of that which He has placed in our dominion to develop. The prayer of Moses was; Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us; and establish the work of His hands upon us; Yes, the work of His hands be established. (Ps. 90:17) Our foolish, godless culture sees beauty only in the visible and tangible, whereas, God instructs us to see the beauty in the invisible and intangible. We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. (2 Cor. 10:12 NIV)
We can see behind the veil into the realm of the spirit in the unseen world and begin to comprehend what Scripture intends where it is written He will beautify the meek with salvation Psalm 149:4, and He gives beauty for ashes Is. 61:3. The book of 1 Peter addresses women in ancient times and the concept of beauty and attraction in the physical vs. spiritual. We should note that this instruction is transferable to both male and female for the Scripture refers to the spirit-being in both as the “spiritual man”. 1 Peter 3:4 references the hidden man of the heart. Although the Scripture is not saying it is wrong to present ourselves outwardly as beautiful, healthy, and well-groomed, it is placing a greater emphasis on things that carry more weight than losing weight and things of greater worth than all the riches spent on cosmetics, health, and beauty-aids put together.
In reference to the holy women of old the text says: Whose adorning let is not be that outward adorning of arranging the hair, or wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel. BUT LET IT BE THE HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART, in that which is not corruptible even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, WHICH IS IN THE SIGHT OF GOD OF GREAT PRICE. For after this measure in the old time the holy women also, ADORNED THEMSELVES…–1 Peter 3:3-5 KJVer
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what we behold we become. This is the reason the Psalmist David penned the words: One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek Him; that I may dwell in the house of LORD all the days of my life, TO BEHOLD THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD…Ps. 27:4. Thus, is why he said I have set the LORD always before me. –Psalm 16:8 Here is where the impression of His beauty becomes the expression of our influence and impact around us. Psalm 34:5 NIV Those who look to Him are radiant. Of the Early Church, it was spoken of the transfiguration of the disciples in the eyes of those who looked upon them. Now when they saw the boldness of John and Peter, and perceived that they were unlearned and uneducated men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. –Acts 4:13
Our encounters and experiences with Jesus not only have a first impression but leaves a lasting impact. We are given various expressions of how God issues His beauty upon us and establishes the works of His hands through the delegated dominion.
- We are His Masterpiece (Eph. 2:10 NLT) – the Greek word here for masterpiece is “poiema”. It is translated handiwork, craftsmanship, workmanship, or poem. Here He is seeking to write His poem and sing His song through our lives.
- We are His Living Letter (2 Cor. 3:2-3) –God is seeking to write His will and works in us as an Instruction Manual to read and as an Example to follow as we follow Christ.
- We are His Portrait (Rom. 8:28) –As we love God and are called according to His purpose He works all things together for the good as a painter blends, brushes, colors, characterizes, contains, and conceives together all things in His eternal plans and purpose.
- We are His Formation (Gal. 4:19) –As we place our desires, decisions, and dreams in the Potter’s hands He creates a beauty and brilliance beyond imagination and would have remained unknown. Moreover, as the hammer and chisel chip away at the external hardness of our former-self we will eventually see the new creature in Christ created in holiness and righteousness as the finished product of the original intention.
- We are His Garment to wear (Rom. 13:14) –As we put on the Lordship of Jesus we show forth the garments of His praise and the robes of His righteousness and salvation displayed through us as a gift of love and favor
Philippians 2:12-13 Amplified
…continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the name of Christ]. For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.
Pastor Tommy Barnett’s Message of the same title summarized: Imagine today that every choice, every desire, and every deed were like a brush on the canvas of your life. And throughout the day every color choice, each hue of lighting, every stroke painted a portrait to be handed to God at the end of the day. So, beloved, Make Yourself a Masterpiece Today!
As we pray into five arena of God’s artistry, we are seeking to come into agreement with His Will, Word, and Work to fulfill His plans and purposes. Amos 3:3, How can two walk together, except they agree? Our endeavor is to put away double-mindedness and vanquish a divided heart so our Creator God can beautify the hidden man of the heart with salvation. For us the Scripture is clear: He that is spiritual judges all things. Judge nothing before the appointed time. –1 Cor. 2:15; 4:5 When Jesus was confronted about paying taxes He responded, by asking Whose inscription and image was on a coin? Caesar’s they replied. To which Jesus said, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and render to God the things that are God’s. –Lk. 20:24 As those created in God’s image, bearing His likeness, having His dominion of His hands, let us divide asunder the soul and spirit and rightly divide the word of truth the reunite the hidden man of the heart in the beauty of holiness. We are His handiwork!
- A POEM TO RECITE
Ephesians 2:10 TPT
We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny he has given each of us,
for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny
and the good works we would do to fulfill it!
General Direction: To allow God to write His poem into my every thought, intention, and works; to let my lifesong sing to the Lord a new song; that He may have His beauty be upon me and establish the work of His hand; that my tested obedience would create a spiritual sound of unity, harmony, and unison with the Father’s will, word, purpose, plans, and pleasure.
- 2 Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’ ” 3 Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation. –Is. 12:2-3 NKJV
- 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, –Eph. 5:17-20 NKJV
- 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. –Col. 3:15-17 NKJV
- 3 He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God;Many will see it and fear,And will trust in the Lord. –Ps. 40:3 NKJV
- Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!Tremble before Him, all the earth.–Ps. 96:1, 9 NKJV
- I will sing a new song to You, O God;On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You, –Ps. 144:9 NKJV
- 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight,O Lord, my [a]strength and my Redeemer. –Ps. 19:14 NKJV
- 17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,And establish the work of our hands for us;Yes, establish the work of our hands. –Ps. 90:17 NKJV
- Awake, awake!Put on your strength, O Zion;Put on your beautiful garments,O Jerusalem, the holy city!For the uncircumcised and the unclean Shall no longer come to you. –Is. 52:1 NKJV
- 3 To [a]console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” —Is. 61:3 NKJV
- 29 Give to the Lord the glory due His name;Bring an offering, and come before Him.Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! –1 Chron. 16:29 NKJV
- 6 Honor and majesty are before Him;Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary. 9 Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!Tremble before Him, all the earth. –Ps. 96:6, 9 NKJV
- 15 All who [a]pass by clap their hands at you; They hiss and shake their heads At the daughter of Jerusalem: “Is this the city that is called ‘The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth’?” –Lam. 2:15 NKJV
- Praise[a] the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, And His praise in the assembly of saints. 2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King. 3 Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp. 4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the [b]humble with salvation. 5 Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds. 6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand, –Ps. 149:1-6 NKJV
- 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. –Jer. 29:11 NKJV
- 28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” –Mt. 11:28-30 Msg.
- To let my lifesong sing to the LORD in all goodness, righteousness, and truth—a life in tune and harmony with holiness and wholeness; away from chaos, disorder, and darkness to a new song of melody in my heart undivided in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.
- To learn the unforced rhythms of grace in taking on Christ’s yoke and walking together and working together in harmony, unity, and unison with Him.
- To make my life a praise to God and the works of His hands lest the rocks cry out against me.
- To worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness knowing He will beautify the meek with salvation and write his poem into my good works and labors of love and rich fruits.
- To allow the Shepherd and Bishop of my soul to write His narrative as He becomes my song and salvation to fulfill His plans and purpose in me.
- To awake ourselves and allow God’s hand to re-write and re-create His will across our lives, not our will; and let our life motives, motions, and movements sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs making melodies in our hearts as living sacrifices of perfected love and praise to His works through us
- To have my will and plans transferred to His and for Him to accomplish what concerns me fulfill His purpose and finish His work and complete His will in and through me.
- LETTER TO WRITE
2 Corinthians 3:2-3 The Voice Translation
You are our letter, every word burned onto our hearts to be read by everyone.
YOU ARE THE LIVING LETTER OF THE ANOINTED ONE, the Liberating King,
nurtured by us and inscribed, not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God—
a letter too passionate to be chiseled onto stone tablets, but emblazoned upon the human heart.
General Direction: For us to live knowing our lives become “Instruction Manuals” and our living becomes “Examples” for others to follow after and learn from; that there are intended and unintended consequences to the narratives of our living and the unexamined life is not worth living; for us to write our lives forward using God’s will, word, and good works for His plans and purpose.
- 14 I will praise You, for [a]I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My [b]frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. –Ps. 139:14-18 NKJV
- 13 before the Lord.For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth.He shall judge the world with righteousness,And the peoples with His truth. –Ps. 96:13 NKJV
- Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth,Before the [a]difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”: 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. 14 For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil. –Eccl. 12:1, 13-14 NKJV
- 17 I said in my heart,“God shall judge the righteous and the wicked,For there is a time there for every [a]purpose and for every work.” –Eccl. 3:17 NKJV
- 12 Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy;For You [a]render to each one according to his work. –Ps. 62:12 NKJV
- 11 So that men will say,“Surely there is a reward for the righteous;Surely He is God who judges in the earth.” –Ps. 58:11 NKJV
- 10 I, the Lord, search the heart,I test the [a]mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. –Jer. 17:10 NKJV
- 17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; –1 Pet. 1:17 NKJV
- 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [a]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. –Rev. 20:12 NKJV
- 8 You number my wanderings;Put my tears into Your bottle;Are they not in Your book? –Ps. 56:8 NKJV
- 16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,And the Lord listened and heard them;So a book of remembrance was written before HimFor those who fear the LordAnd who [a]meditate on His name. 17 “They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “On the day that I make them My jewels.[b] And I will spare them As a man spares his own son who serves him.” –Mal. 3:16-17 NKJV
- 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” –Heb. 10:16 NKJV
- 13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. –Acts 4:13 NKJV
- For our lives to be lived in such a way as it will leave instructions to those who read us and an example to be followed as we follow Christ.
- For our lives to be open letters known and read of all men to reveal strength in our weaknesses, authenticity in our believing, trusting in our adversity, and joy in our journey.
- For us to maximize every moment, make the most of every opportunity, and redeem the times knowing that God keeps a Book of Remembrance for our obedience and Books of Record for our rewards of faithfulness to Him and impression on others.
- For us to comprehend that our Creator intricately woven us together in our mother’s womb with our special uniqueness, skills, Holy Spirit giftings, and potential and placed us in the time He fashioned for us.
- For us to understand that God has written His laws of love into our hearts, not with ink, but with His Holy Spirit to be read and understood by those in the sphere of our influence and imprint.
- For us to live knowing our sins and iniquities have been removed from our record and our holy and godly acts of love in labor and good fruit live on forever.
- A PORTRAIT TO PAINT
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the heart of men;
Romans 8:28 NKJV
And we know that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose.
General Direction: For us to comprehend the scope of eternity and how the Creator/Redeemer will make everything beautiful in His time because He is working all things together for our good as the Author and Finisher of our faith; that we give our lives as an empty canvas for God to paint, create, color, and coalesce every brush stroke into His plans and purpose.
- 5 Those who look to him are radiant;their faces are never covered with shame. –Ps. 34:5 NIV
- 23 “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel. Say to them: 24 “The Lord bless you and keep you; –Num. 6:23-24 NKJV
- 18 This will be written for the generation to come,That a people yet to be created may praise the Lord. –Ps. 102:18 NKJV
- 3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;And His greatness is [a]unsearchable. 4 One generation shall praise Your works to another,
And shall declare Your mighty acts. 9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. 10 All Your works shall praise You, O Lord,
And Your saints shall bless You. 11 They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, And talk of Your power,–Ps. 145:3-4, 9-11 NKJV
- 17 I love those who love me,And those who seek me diligently will find me. –Pro. 8:17 NKJV
- 4 One thing I have desired of the Lord,That will I seek:That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life,To behold the [a]beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple. 8 When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.” 13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. 14 Wait[a] on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! –Ps. 27:4, 8, 13-14 NKJV
- 11 You will show me the path of life;In Your presence is fullness of joy;At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. –Ps. 16:11 NKVJ
- The Lord is my shepherd;I shall not [a]want. 2 He makes me to lie down in [b]green pastures; He leads me beside the [c]still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. –Ps. 23:1-4 NKJV
- 21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart,but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. –Pro. 19:21 NIV
- 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. –Pro. 25:2 NKJV
- 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. —Rom. 8:28-30 NKJV
- 10 Who[a] can find a [b]virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. 25 Strength and honor are her clothing. She shall rejoice in time to come. 30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works praise her in the gates. –Pro. 31:10, 25, 30-31 NKJV
- For us to present our lives as an empty canvas so the God can unleash His creativity in revealing the beauty of holiness, strength of character and radiance of righteousness in every brush stroke.
- For us to look to God to be radiant, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and have Him to transform us and make His face to shine on us.
- For us to stop attempting to paint ourselves with the brush of our will, but put the brush in the Artist’s Hand and allow Him to paint the masterpiece using His coloring, lighting, plans, and purposes.
- For us to trust that all things are working together for our good as God blends the good, the bad, and the ugly together to reveal His creativity and brilliance of bringing order from disorder, wholeness with holiness, and beauty for ashes.
- For us to understand that when the Author and Finisher of our faith begins a work in us He has thoughts of an expected end and will accomplish and finish the work of His hands.
- For us to know that the beauty of the flesh is fleeting, but as we worship in the beauty of holiness, we adorn ourselves with holiness and the beauty of the LORD renews our strength and preserves our perfection in love.
- A SCULPTURE TO FORM
Galatians 4:19 The Voice Translation
My dear children, I feel the pains of birth upon me again, and I will continue in labor for you until
the Anointed One IS FORMED COMPLETELY IN YOU.
Isaiah 64:8 NKJV
But now, O Lord, You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand.
General Direction: That the hammer and chisel of the Word in us has no ill intent, but to craft Christ’s character in us; to find joy in the tests and trials of our faith knowing Christ is being formed in us so we can better reflect the beauty of His holiness in being perfected in love through learned obedience and patient trust in waiting.
- I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. –Rom. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 2 “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” 3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the [a]wheel. 4 And the vessel that he [b]made of clay was [c]marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. 5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!—Jer. 18:2-6 NKJV
- 16 “Behold, I have created the blacksmith Who blows the coals in the fire,Who brings forth an [a]instrument for his work; And I have created the [b]spoiler to destroy. 17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord. –Is. 54:16-17 NKJV
- 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,So are My ways higher than your ways,And My thoughts than your thoughts.10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,And do not return there,But water the earth,And make it bring forth and bud,That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;It shall not return to Me [a]void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. 12 “For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. –Is. 55:8-12 NKJV
- 10 I, the Lord, search the heart,I test the [a]mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. –Jer. 17:10 NKJV
- 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. –Phil. 2:12-13 NKJV
- 5 The sea is His, for He made it;And His hands formed the dry land. –Ps. 95:5 NKJV
- 17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,And establish the work of our hands for us;Yes, establish the work of our hands. –Ps. 90-17 NKJV
- 15 My times are in Your hand;Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,And from those who persecute me. –Ps. 31:15 NKJV
- 6 I call to remembrance my song in the night;I meditate within my heart,And my spirit [a]makes diligent search. 7 Will the Lord cast off forever? And will He be favorable no more? –Ps. 77:6-7 NKJV
- 17 Let Your hand be upon the man of Your right hand, Upon the son of man whom You made strong for Yourself. 18 Then we will not turn back from You; Revive us, and we will call upon Your name. 19 Restore us, O Lord God of hosts; Cause Your face to shine, And we shall be saved! –Ps. 80:17-19 NKJV
- 20 I have found My servant David;With My holy oil I have anointed him,21 With whom My hand shall be established;Also My arm shall strengthen him. –Ps. 89:20-21 NKJV
- 3 To [a]console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”. –Is. 61:3 NKJV
- 8 The Lord will [a]perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. –Ps. 138:8 NKJV
- 29 “Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord,“And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? –Jer. 23:29 NKJV
- 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.” –Mt. 21:44 NKJV
- To always live freely in the Potter’s hand and remember that anything we hold too tightly becomes deformed in our hands.
- To have our character tempered and proven by God’s testing, trying, and training in Christ.
- To allow the formation of Christ in us by allowing God to work in us as we work out our salvation.
- To place ourselves on the Potter’s wheel to mould and shape and fashion our private world, our present circumstances, with our future potential and eternal promises in Christ.
- To understand the high call of having Christ sculpted and formed in us as we leave His impression on the world around us.
- To have the hidden man of the heart chiseled through learned obedience and be as soft clay in the hands of perfected love.
- To possess confidence that Jesus is the Author and Perfector of our faith—that He will save to the uttermost, and finish what He started—He will not forsake the work of His hands but will accomplish that what concerns us and establish His purpose and plans for us and in us.
- A GARMENT TO WEAR
Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
Romans 13:14 NKJV
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
General Direction: That we would daily put on the Lord Jesus Christ in all of His righteousness and holiness; that we would have beauty for our ashes as we worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness; that as we behold the beauty of the LORD and we become what we behold; that we wash and keep our garments clean from the stains of sin and this world.
- Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous!For praise from the upright is beautiful. 3 Sing to Him a new song;Play skillfully with a shout of joy. 15 He fashions their hearts individually;He [a]considers all their works. –Ps. 33:1, 3, 15 NKJV
- 6 But we are all like an unclean thing,And all our righteousnesses are like [a]filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away. 8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. –Is. 64:6, 8 NKJV
- 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [b]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—Eph. 6:10-18 NKJV
- 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. –Jam. 1:27 NKJV
- 26 that He might [a]sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. –Eph. 5:26-27 NKJV
- 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, –Titus 3:3-6 NKJV
- 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
- 22 And on some have compassion, [a]making a distinction; 23 but others save [b]with fear, pulling them out of the [c]fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. 24 Now to Him who is able to keep [d]you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, 25 To [e]God our Savior, [f]Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and [g]power, Both now and forever. –Jude 21-25 NKJV
- 16 No one puts a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for[a]the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse. 17 Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins [b]break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.” –Mt. 9:16-17 NKJV
- 3 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age. Also he made him a tunic of many colors. –Gen. 37:3 NKJV
- 7 Let us go into His tabernacle;Let us worship at His footstool.8 Arise, O Lord, to Your resting place,You and the ark of Your strength.9 Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness,And let Your saints shout for joy. —Ps. 132:7-9 NKJV
- 4 Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.” –Zech. 3:4 NKJV
- 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. –Eph. 4:23-24 NKJV
- 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, –Col. 3:9-10 NKJV
- 25 Strength and honor are her clothing;She shall rejoice in time to come. –Pro. 31:25 NKJV
- 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before[a] 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 [b]You have a few names[c]even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. –Rev. 3:2-5 NKJV
- That we would adorn ourselves, not with trendy fashion or jewelry, but with the beauty of holiness, humility of heart, and the garments of salvation’s righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
- That we would fashion our hearts with beauty from the ashes of loss, adversity, and trials to put on a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness, disappointment, and discouragement.
- That, because praise looks good on the righteous and the joy of the Lord is our strength, we put on a garment of praise and worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; we would put on new wine skins because of the new man created in Christ Jesus.
- That through our faith and obedience, we would be given a coat of many colors of God’s favor and blessing on us, our families, and vocation.
- That we would “put off the filthy rags” of self-righteous religion, selfish ambition and ego, envy and jealousy, anger and resentment, lust and fleshly affections, and “put on” righteousness and holiness, truth and justice, mercy and grace in Christ.
- That we would wash our garments in the blood and the washing of the water of the Word that Christ may present us as holy, spotless, blameless as His bride.
- That we would put on the whole armor of God knowing that the greater One lives inside of us, we are overcomers, and more than conquerors in Christ Jesus our Lord.