10 Oct R3 Alliance Prayer, SEEK THE LORD, AND YOU SHALL LIVE, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
(Learning to Live by First-Hand Revelation)
Amos 5:4-6a KJVer
For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel, “Seek you Me and you shall live; But seek not Beth-el,
nor enter into Gilgal, and pass not to Beersheba: for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, and Beth-el shall come to nothing.
Seek the LORD, and you shall live;”
Recent research revealed that the number one reason for vehicle accidents in America was due to “distracted drivers”. More recent was the rise of “texting while driving” overtaking other distractions like adjusting instruments, looking in the mirror, and eating or drinking. Distractions at a minimum can cause detours and loss of direction and time. At their worse, distractions can result in life-long injury and death of self and of others. The only response to distraction is to get focused, stay engaged, and maintain full attention until the arrival.
The same was true of Israel/Judah. The prophet Amos renders a “thus saith the LORD to the house of Israel” due to their distractions attempting to seek the LORD through other means. Their distractions set them on detours that would lead them to death and destruction. God had delivered them from the bondages of Egypt and rolled away their reproach only to have them roll back into idolatry, vanity, and wandering away from the life in Him. God sought to get their attention in the distractions: And the LORD, the God of their fathers, sent a word to them again and again by His messengers, because He had compassion on His people and His dwelling place; but they continually mocked the messengers of God, despised His words and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against His people, until there was no remedy. (2 Chron. 36:15-16)
The seeking of other things was drawing down God’s intervention. God’s jealousy was being provoked, not out of vengeance, but out of His compassion and longing to see His chosen people embrace Him and His purpose, not fall into the arms of false lovers in spiritual adultery. Through the prophets, He was making His appeal for their good. He was awaiting their response to His word. If they continued being distracted, detoured, and diminishing the urgency of seeking Him first and foremost they would eventually fall into the judgment reserved for the pagan nations around them.
The Book of Amos is a parallel prophecy to America. One could read its contents and interchange Israel/Judah with America and the words would be no less true. Many have wondered where America is in Biblical Prophecy and Last Days events with her present prominence in the world economy, influence, and military superpower status. What we do observe is the conspicuous absence of America in end time events. One could track the U.S. by reading Isaiah 5 and Jeremiah 5 and 6. The inventory and catalogs contained there are a mirror of American culture just as it was in Amos. One can conclude that America is running parallel with Judah:
- America has been blessed like Judah.
- America has sinned like Judah.
- America is being warned like Judah.
- America is responding like Judah.
- Judah fell into judgment, America’s fate hangs in the balance.
The Word of the Lord to Israel was to stop seeking Him through other means and appealed to them. Similarly, Isaiah wrote, Seek you the LORD while He may be found, call you upon Him while He is near; Incline your ear, and come to Him: hear, and your soul shall live: (Is. 55:6, 3) America is not seeking God. 85% of churches have plateaued or are in decline. The church is currently only reaching 4% of this generation. These are just a couple of alarming statistics. What we do observe is a nation that has become more obsessed with the things like social media, entertainment, and distractions of every kind. Yet suicide has risen exponentially in the last ten years, while record numbers of people are on medications to cope with depression and anxiety. Drug and alcohol use are at record numbers. People are seeking relief in religion, superstitions, humanistic counseling and therapy, psychics, and other self-help techniques and escapes.
What we learn from God’s wisdom is: When we seek Him and find Him we have everything; when we fail to seek Him in attempt to find Him in other things we have nothing. You shall seek Me, and find me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found of You, says the Lord. (Jer. 29:13-14) God is appealing again to Israel and America. The “thus saith the LORD” is to their “favored-status” and purpose in redemption. I will make you a great nation… and you will be a blessing.. And in you are the families of the earth shall be blessed. (Gen. 12:2-3) In you have I known all the families of the earth. (Am. 3:2)…I will give you as a light to the nations, that you may bring My salvation to the ends of the earth. (Is. 49:6)
Israel, during the time of Amos’ writings, was enjoying unparalleled success and peace from war. They falsely believed that their peace and prosperity was a sign of God’s blessing. Yet, God speaks and warns them that they are on track with enemy nations to be collected together and appointed to judgment for defaming His name, transgressing His laws, showing contempt for His judgments, and giving themselves to iniquity and idolatry.
God stands on the other side of the curvature where a nation will arrive from His appeals. To America God says: Seek good, and not evil, that you may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as you have said. Hate evil, and love the good and establish judgment at the gate; it may be that the LORD GOD of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant…(Am. 5:14-15) God is seeking a remnant who will seek and find Him, who will search after Him with all their hearts so He will be found of them! God’s intention is not just intimacy with His chosen ones but to use the remnant for a greater good in a higher call: …that the remnant of mankind and all the nations who are called by My name may seek the LORD. (Acts. 15:17-18)
Today we will seek the LORD together to pray for Israel and America and the church’s call to be the riches of the world (Rom. 11:11-12) to bring salvation to the Jews first, then to the Gentiles (Rom. 1:16-17). That we may fulfill our time and provoke Israel to jealousy in revealing Yeshua, their Messiah that the fullness of riches through them can fill the earth and bring salvation to all families and nations. We will use God’s five-fold structure to pray for Israel, America, and the nations in Amos 5:4-6:
- SEEK YOU ME, AND YOU SHALL LIVE
- SEEK NOT BETH-EL
- NOR ENTER INTO GILGAL
- PASS NOT TO BEERSHEBA
- SEEK THE LORD, AND YOU SHALL LIVE
Finally, Israel had reached a place, “until there was no remedy”. The destiny of America is running on parallel tracks: one will usher us to justice and judgment; the other will carry us to revival and rapture. It is the remnant who will decide the destiny! Let us not be distracted, detoured or deceived! The remnant is the remedy!
- SEEK YOU ME, AND YOU SHALL LIVE (VS. 4)
Deuteronomy 6:13-15 NKJV
You shall fear the Lord your God and serve only Him…You shall not go after other gods, nor the gods of the peoples who are all around you: (for the Lord your God is a jealous God among you).
2 Kings 17:33 KJV
They feared the Lord, and served their own gods, after the manner of the nations…
Definition: Seek you Me is the ENTRY commandment to the House of Israel that was reinforced at the EXIT creating bookends of consequence: the first round is the emphasis of God’s passionate desire for intimate first-hand relationship not the once-removed knowledge of another.
”Seek You Me” Represents: Refusing to know God through rituals, routines, and religions that defile the heart and darken the soul.
General Direction: For God’s people to be fully aware that our exceedingly great reward is knowing our God and in Him we live and move and have our being; for us not only to have the fear of God but refuse to allow idolatry in our hearts and competing loves to distract us from our first love and first works; to believe God for a national awakening and reformation in Israel, America, and all nations.
- After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, [a]your exceedingly great reward.” –Gen. 15:1 NKJV
- 4 “Hear, O Israel: [a]The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. 13 You shall fear the Lord your God and serve Him, and shall take oaths in His name. 14 You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are all around you 15 (for the Lord your God is a jealous God among you), lest the anger of the Lord your God be aroused against you and destroy you from the face of the earth. –Deut. 6:4; 13-15 NKJV
- 12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, –Deut. 10:12 NKJV
- 4 ‘You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I [a]bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. –Ex. 19:4 NKJV
- 2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage. 3 “You shall have no other gods before Me 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor [b]serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting[c] the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. –Ex. 20:2-6 NKJV
- 13 “For My people have committed two evils:They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters,And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water. 19 Your own wickedness will correct you,And your backslidings will rebuke you.Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing That you have forsaken the Lord your God,And the [a]fear of Me is not in you,” Says the Lord God of hosts. –Jer. 2:13, 19 NKJV
- But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,And He who formed you, O Israel:“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have called you by your name;You are Mine.–Is. 43:1 NKJV
- My son, if you receive my words,And treasure my commands within you,2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,And apply your heart to understanding;3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,And lift up your voice for understanding,4 If you seek her as silver,And search for her as for hidden treasures;5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,And find the knowledge of God. –Pro. 2:1-5 NKJV
- 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding;6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He shall [a]direct your paths. –Pro. 3:5-6 NKJV
- 20 My son, give attention to my words;Incline your ear to my sayings.Do not let them depart from your eyes;Keep them in the midst of your heart;For they are life to those who find them,And health to all their flesh. –Pro. 4:20-22 NKJV
- 17 He who keeps instruction is in the way of life,But he who refuses correction goes astray. –Pro. 10:17 NKJV
- 27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,To turn one away from the snares of death.—Pro. 14:27 NKJV
- 23 The fear of the Lord leads to life,And he who has it will abide in satisfaction;He will not be visited with evil. –Pro. 19:23 NKJV
- 12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” –Jn. 8:12 NKJV
- 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. –Jn. 14:6 NKJV
- 6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:“May they prosper who love you.7 Peace be within your walls,Prosperity within your palaces.”8 For the sake of my brethren and companions,I will now say, “Peace be within you.”9 Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good. –Ps. 122:6-9 NKJV
- …but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. –Dan. 11:32 NKJV
- 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. –1 Jn. 5:21 NKJV
- For God’s people to return to their first love and first works and give His Kingdom first priority and invoke praise to His name from saints and sinners.
- For the church to remember that God is our exceedingly great reward Himself and everything else is fringe benefits of knowing Him.
- For us not to allow ourselves to reduce our relationship with the living God to a program, methodology of men, religious dogma of false beliefs about God.
- For the body of Christ to experience a mass awareness of our identity in Christ, our purpose in earth and heaven, and access of intimacy with God.
- For us to discern when someone or something has crossed a line in our hearts and love becomes an idol and competing loves that could provoke the jealousy of God.
- For us to make Jesus the Model, Mould, and Message of how everything we say and do revolve around doing the Father’s will, finishing His work, and always doing these things that are pleasing in His sight—That our God is not a “big part” of our lives—He is our life!
- For each day to make our God the center piece of our culture—not just to Make America Great Again—but to make America Righteous Again and regain our voice of authority and compassion for the nations.
- SEEK NOT BETH-EL
Amos 5:5 KJVer
But seek not Beth-el…Beth-el shall come to nothing.
Definition: Beth-el means “house” or “place”; God had visited this place in the past but overtime it descended into iniquity and idolatry, having a golden calf erected in the sanctuary; the prophets slandered the name calling Beth-el—“Beth-haven” or “House of Vanities, the temple of idolatry and devils”; this place or house had “Ichabod” written on it, “the glory of the Lord is departed”; Similar to when Jesus cleansed the temple saying, Is it not written, My house shall be called a House of Prayer for all nations? But you have made it a den of thieves. Zeal for Your House has consumed Me! (Mk. 11:!7; Jn. 2:17)
Beth-el Represents: Seeking God forward on broken promises and unkept commitments; specifically God said, But seek not Beth-el meaning that assuming they could seek God from a place where they had broken their vows to Him and chosen illegitimate worship and spiritual adultery.
General Direction: That we would understand that the God of Israel is not restricted to a place or building nor limited to a past experience to demonstrate that He is an ever-present help, He is mighty in our midst and mighty to save; that we can never advance on broken promises to God, unkept commitments, vows, or pledges and allow Him to finish and accomplish what He started.
- 19 Show Me the tax money.”So they brought Him a denarius.20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”And He said to them, “Render[a] therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way. –Mt. 22:19-22 NKJV
- 8 ‘These people [a]draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. 9 And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ” –Mt. 15:8-9 NKJV
- 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. –Mt. 16:22 NKJV
- 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. –2 Chron. 7:14 NKJV
- 9 For with You is the fountain of life;In Your light we see light. –Ps. 36:9 NKJV
- 18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”19 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness, ’Honor your father and your mother.’ “21 And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.24 And when Jesus saw that he became very sorrowful, He said, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25 For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”26 And those who heard it said, “Who then can be saved?”27 But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” –Lk. 18:18-27 NKJV
- 3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? –Am. 3:3 NKJV
- 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the [a]simplicity that is in Christ. –2 Cor. 11:2-3 NKJV
- 4 You adulterous people,[a] don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[b]? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”[c] 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. –Jam. 4:4-10 NIV
- 6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 20 Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord ’s Table and of the table of demons. 22 Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He. 23 All things are lawful [a]for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things [b]edify. 24 Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being. —1 Cor. 10:6, 11, 20-24 NKJV
- 14 Seek good and not evil,That you may live;So the Lord God of hosts will be with you,As you have spoken.15 Hate evil, love good;Establish justice in the gate.It may be that the Lord God of hosts Will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph. –Am. 5:14-15 NKJV
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aaron, Running down on the edge of his garments. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—Life forevermore. –Ps. 133:1-3 NKJV
- 21 “Believe me, dear woman, the time has come when you won’t worship[a] the Father on a mountain nor in Jerusalem, but in your heart. 22 Your people don’t really know the One they worship. We Jews worship out of our experience, for it’s from the Jews that salvation is made available.[b] 23–24 From here on, worshiping the Father will not be a matter of the right place but with the right heart. For God is a Spirit,[c] and he longs to have sincere worshipers who worship and adore him in the realm of the Spirit and in truth.” –Jn. 4:21-24 TPT
- That we understand that God is not restricted to a building or place and He is not limited to a past experience to reveal Himself and show His power and provision. (Zech.3:17)
- That we comprehend that we cannot progress and go forward based on broken promises and unkept commitments that we’ve made to God in the past because His word says “Today, if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts.” (Heb. 3:10-15)
- That we cannot form allegiances with illegitimate idols and spiritual idolatry and expect God to bless us or answer our prayers.
- That we have godly fear with a fidelity and integrity of heart to never allow the Temple of the Holy Spirit to be defiled and corrupted with idolatry of iniquity.
- That the issue is returning to Beth-el without returning to the God of Beth-el.
- That the God of Israel would bless, prosper, and protect His covenant-people for the sake of His name and that America would stand strong and support Israel.
- That America would see how far we’ve fallen from grace and repent because of God goodness and invitation.
- NOR ENTER TO GILGAL
Amos 5:5 KJVer
Nor enter into GILGAL…for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity.
Definition: Gigal means: to circle; to go around; rolling round; roundabout in cycles, i.e. nor enter into the cycles of failure and circles of self-sabotage.
Gilgal Represents: Seeking God by going around the same mountain; to repeat the same pattern due to loss of vision, assuming activity is the same as productivity, and maintaining motion without meaning; it is to daily do the same thing believing for different results; thus they who “enter into Gilgal will surely go into captivity”.
General Direction: For us to comprehend why we go around the same mountains causing revival to tarry and breakthrough waits at the gates; that because we have lost our vision and revelation of why God raised up Israel/America we are being weighed in the balance as those who “enter Gilgal and go into captivity”.
- 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 21 But to Israel he says: “All day long I have stretched out My hands To a disobedient and contrary people.” –Rom. 10:2, 21 NKJV
- 11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their [a]fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their [b]fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness! 16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and [a]fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, [b]goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [a]opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.–Rom. 11:11-12, 16-22, 25, 29 NKJV
- 12 There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.. –Pro. 14:12 NKJV
- 17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? –1 Pet. 4:17 NKJV
- 2 I will also gather all nations,And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel,Whom they have scattered among the nations;They have also divided up My land. –Joel 3:2 NKJV
- 7 Thus He showed me: Behold, the Lord stood on a wall made with a plumb line, with a plumb line in His hand. 8 And the Lord said to me, “Amos, what do you see?” And I said, “A plumb line.” Then the Lord said: “Behold, I am setting a plumb line In the midst of My people Israel; I will not pass by them anymore. –Am. 7:7-8 NKJV
- 14 From the place of His dwelling He looks On all the inhabitants of the earth; –Ps. 33:14 NKJV
- 24 The crown of the wise is their riches, But the foolishness of fools is folly.–Pro. 14:24 NKJV
- 34 Righteousness exalts a nation,But sin is a [a]reproach to any people. –Pro. 14:34 NKJV
- 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. –Pro. 14:23 NKJV
- 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.—Jam. 4:710 NKJV
- 11 Teach me your way, Lord,that I may rely on your faithfulness;give me an undivided heart,that I may fear your name. –Ps. 86:11 NIV
- 13 The [a]Breaker [the Messiah] will go up before them. They will break through, pass in through the gate and go out through it, and their King will pass on before them, the Lord at their head.—Mic. 2:13 Amp.
- For the church to stop the insanity of doing the same religious routines over and over expecting to get different results; that God rolled away our reproach and we dare not roll it back on.
- For us to realize why we keep going around the same mountain and that God is not testing us to see what we know but do we know what He has been teaching us.
- For us to comprehend our relationship with God is not in a vacuum but involves loving good and doing good, hating evil, and facilitating justice and having compassion of the fatherless, widow, needy, and poor and facilitators of His Message to families and nations.
- For us to know that when we give to the poor we lend to the Lord.
- For us to have our lives transformed by the renewing of our minds and refuse to be double-minded or have hearts divided but united around His heart.
- For us to remember that America is great, not because of the virtue of our wealth but by the wealth of our virtue—righteousness raises up, sin brings decline.
- For us to realize our relationship as a nation with Israel, and as followers of Yeshuea our Messiah, we are to fulfill our Biblical mandate to bless Israel and love, care, and support her in such a way as to “provoke them to jealousy” to facilitate their salvation.
- For us to intercede for forgiveness from heaven and experience healing in our land from the unrighteous outrage, protests, divisions, corruption of innocence, purity, and truth.
- PASS NOT TO BEERSHEBA
Psalm 107:4-7 NKJV
They wandered in the wilderness in a desolate way; They found no city to dwell in.
Hungry and thirsty, Their soul fainted in them.
Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He delivered them out of their distresses.
And He led them forth by the right way,
That they might go to a city for a dwelling place.
Definition: Beersheba means: wanderings; a vagabond drifting aimlessly; a fugitive roving with no destination.
Beersheba Represents: Seeking God by wandering away from the things of intimacy with Him and believing that drifting away to other things will expand one’s experience with knowing God; it is a vagabond and fugitive mentality that has lost relationship with God becoming lukewarm in heart and immersed in the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the pleasures of this life in self-idolatry.
General Direction: That God’s people would become aware when and where they have wandered away from their first love and first works; that we would understand the core reasons and root causes of spiritual drifting and why God’s chosen people can become spiritual vagabonds as fugitives to themselves; that we allow God’s word to order our footsteps down the paths of the righteous to the brighter new day awaiting.
- 12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. –2 Cor. 3:12-15 NKJV
- 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, –Eph. 3:15-20 NKJV
- 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.—2 Cor. 4:3-6 NKJV
- 8 It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. 22 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone.23 [a]This was the Lord’s doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. 24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. –Ps. 118:8, 22-24 NKJV
- 10 With my whole heart I have sought You;Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,That I might not sin against You. 133 Direct my steps by Your word,And let no iniquity have dominion over me. –Ps. 119:10-11, 133 NKJV
- 12 Then they believed His words; They sang His praise. 13 They soon forgot His works; They did not wait for His counsel, 34 They did not destroy the peoples,Concerning whom the Lord had commanded them,35 But they mingled with the Gentiles And learned their works;36 They served their idols,Which became a snare to them. –Ps. 106:12-13, 34-36 NKJV
- 2 It is eleven days’ journey from Horeb by way of Mount Seir to Kadesh Barnea. 6 “The Lordour God spoke to us in Horeb, saying: ‘You have dwelt long enough at this mountain. 8 See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the Lord [a]swore to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—to give to them and their descendants after them.’–Deut. 1:2, 6, 8 NKJV
- 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 [a]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. –Heb. 6:4-6 NKJV
- 29 Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the Lord, 33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,And will be [a]secure, without fear of evil.”—Pro. 1:29, 33 NKJV
- 21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord,And He [a]ponders all his paths.—Pro. 5:21 NKJV
- 18 But the path of the just is like the shining [a]sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. –Pro. 4:18 NKJV
- 23 For the commandment is a lamp,And the law a light;Reproofs of instruction are the way of life,–Pro. 6:23 NKJV
- 12 There is a way that seems right to a man,But its end is the way of death. –Pro. 14:12 NKJV
- 15 Good understanding [a]gains favor, But the way of the unfaithful is hard. –Pro. 13:15 NKJV
- 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. –Gal. 5:24-25 NKJV
- 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. –1 Jn. 1:6-8 NKJV
- 8 You number my wanderings;Put my tears into Your bottle;Are they not in Your book?9 When I cry out to You,Then my enemies will turn back;This I know, because God is for me. –Ps. 56:8-9 NKJV
- That God’s people would come to themselves, like the prodigal son did, and realize when we have wandered away from the Father’s house and ended up in a spiritual wilderness and wasteland becoming servants of sin, bondage and the god of this world.
- That we would be conscious of spiritual drifting and when our hearts begin to become indifferent towards God and His cause and purpose.
- That God’s people would no longer wander in the wilderness for 40 years when the journey to the Promised Land is only 11 days away. (Deut. 1:2, 6, 8)
- That we would, again, as a nation return to the fear of God, serve him, and keep His commandments so He can accomplish His will and purpose in us.
- That we would allow the Lord to order our steps in His Word and not be spiritual vagabonds and fugitives walking in the ways that seem right to us and our will leading to wilderness and wastelands.
- That we live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit knowing the paths of the righteous is like the light of dawn shining brighter until the full day.
- That the veil would be removed from the eyes of the Jewish people who have refused to see the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Yeshua their Messiah and embrace the fullness of their salvation and their purpose in His prophetic events of the Last Days.
- That there would be an exponential increase in prayer for Israel and America.
- SEEK THE LORD, AND YOU SHALL LIVE (VS. 6)
Isaiah 55:6. 3 NKJV
Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
Definition: The second round was intended to emphasize the same refrain in a different form: Seek the LORD vs. SEEK You Me: The first is an appeal for intimacy with their God, the second part is an appeal for responsibility with God for families and nations: Through you only I have known all the families of the earth (Am. 3:2); In you all the families of the earth shall be blessed (Gen. 12:3). Here is the repeat of: Seek the LORD as the residual response to all the families and nations awaiting: All nations shall call you blessed…(Mal. 3:12) and It is too small a thing for you to be My servant to restore the tribes of Jacob, and bring back those of Israel I have kept; I will also make you a light to the nations that you may bring My salvation to the ends of the earth. (Is. 49:6 NIV)
“SEEK THE LORD” Represents: That, not only having Him is life and life more abundantly, but God’s appeal was awaiting their response—either to go into decline and be collected together with their enemies in judgment or arise and shine for the glory of the Lord is risen upon them. Thus, it was Israel (God’s people) for the world, not the world for Israel’s sake.
General Direction: That we understand, not only the access of intimacy, but that with it we have the responsibility and accountability to know Him and make Him known to the families and nations of the earth.
- 2 I will make you a great nation;I will bless you And make your name great;And you shall be a blessing.3 I will bless those who bless you,And I will curse him who curses you;And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” –Gen. 12:2-3 NKJV
- 11 For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,My name shall be great among the Gentiles;In every place incense shall be offered to My name,And a pure offering;For My name shall be great among the nations,”Says the Lord of hosts. –Mal. 1:11 NKJV
- 14 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of [a]the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 19 But Joshua said to the people, “You cannot serve the Lord, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins. 20 If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the Lord!” 22 So Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the Lord for yourselves, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses!” 23 “Now therefore,” he said, “put away the foreign gods which are among you, and incline your heart to the Lord God of Israel.” 24 And the people said to Joshua, “The Lord our God we will serve, and His voice we will obey!” –Josh. 24:14, 19-24 NKJV
- 17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,Says the [a]Lord who does all these things.’ 18 [b]“Known to God from eternity are all His works. –Acts 15:17-18 NKJV
- 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. –Eph. 2:13-22 NKJV
- 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. –Gal. 3:25-29 NKJV
- 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.– 3:10-11 NKJV
- 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in [a]you all.—Eph. 4:3-6 NKJV
- 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel [a]of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.— 1:16 NKJV
- For us to embrace God’s plan and purpose for Israel and America and position ourselves prophetically and spiritually for these last days; that God is waiting for our response.
- For us to be keenly aware that God is not just a big part of our lives, He is our life!
- For us to realize God’s purpose in removing the middle wall of separation between Jews and Gentiles in Yeshua the Messiah as our Peace to create “One New Man in Christ”.
- For us to pursue our intimacy of knowing, loving, and fearing God, as well as, serving His purpose, doing His will, and finishing His work as a witness in the nations with the Gospel of Christ and His Kingdom.
- For us to understand that, to whom much is given much more is required, that we are blessed to be a blessing to the families and nations of the earth; that our Biblical mandate is to minister the gospel to the Jew first, then to Gentiles, and bring salvation to the ends of the earth. (Ac. 15:16-18 NIV)