03 Oct Online Prayer, FIVE BOOKS of RECORD in HEAVEN, Wednesday, October 3, 2018
(Having Godly Fear For Final Exams)
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJV
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Daniel 7:10 KJV
…the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
The Bible and ancient Hebraic texts reveals that the Godhead is recording and documenting all things, everywhere, for every man that will ultimately and absolutely answer to Him in heaven. The aforementioned verse says this is the conclusion of the whole matter…this is the whole duty of man. There are three categories of files in heaven’s database:
- The righteous names inscribed in the Book of Life
- The unrighteous names erased from the Book of Life
- The undecided weighed in the balance in the valley of decision
The Righteous Judge of all things possesses perfect precision in His ability to recall. (2 Tim. 4:8) Therefore, in His own ”predeterminate counsel” of holiness, righteousness, justice, and truth He needs no outside contributions to His judgments. However, God has purposed a heavenly principle of establishing witnesses: In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established (2 Cor. 13:1)…that everything may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. (Mt. 15:16) The Godhead operates within Himself in earth and eternity, Let us make man in our own image and likeness (Gen. 1:26-28), and known to God and are all His works from the beginning of the world. (Acts 15:18) Yet, God involves men and angels in the process of releasing justice and judgment: And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham those things, which I do? I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether to the cry of it, which has come to Me; And Abraham drew near and said will You punish the righteous with the wicked? Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? (Gen. 18:16-33). From the throne of God we are given revelation of judgments being issued forth determined by the 7 Spirits of God: And out of the throne proceeded lightnings, and thunderings, and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. (Rev. 4:5) It is from this reality God sought to reveal His warnings and rewards to Israel: And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the shophar, and the mountains smoking…And Moses said to the people, Fear not: for God has come to prove you, and that His fear may be before your faces, that you sin not. (Ex. 20:18-20)
Everything in all of earth and eternity is moving towards the final exam of God’s judgment. The final examination is an “Open Book Test” based on the revealed will of God in His Creation, His Word, and His Son and conscience of man compared to The Books of Record in Heaven. The Scripture makes clear that God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) relative to His justice and judgment.
We ascertain from the Bible: He chose us in Christ before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love, He predestined us to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will…And he made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which is purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and earth together under one head—even Christ. In Him we were chosen having been predestined according to the plan of He who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will. (Eph. 1:5, 9-11 NIV) From this we understand that all born-souls were chosen in Christ and that God is not willing that anyone should perish but that all come to the knowledge of the truth. We know that Sheol/Hades and Hell were created for the devil and the fallen angels. However, those who neglect so great a salvation reserve a place for themselves in ultimate justice—having their names blotted out of the Book of Life because of God’s hatred of evil and the corruption of sin. God designs within His sovereignty the ability to both never remember sins confessed, as well as, forget those who forgot Him. (Heb. 10:17; Ps. 50:22)
As for those “in Christ” we are not appointed to suffer wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thes. 5:9) Salvation is not something we work for, rather something we work from. Phil. 2:12, Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the end of the whole duty of man. More than anything else, we need to measure our love and gauge our fear as we anticipate our responsibility with accountability. Love covers a multitude of sin because it perfects us in Christ. But the fear of God perfects holiness in us and determines between reward or regret. We are informed that we will all appear before the Throne of Grace/ Judgment Seat of Christ. (1 Cor. 3:10-15; 2 Cor. 5:10-11) We are not judged for salvation but judged for the good works or bad works done in Christ. God has set in place system of warnings and rewards, incentives and deterrents in giving us His anticipation of our final exams.
It seems clear that reverence and the fear of God are key elements as we see the Day approaching: “What is expected will be respected when you know it will be inspected.” Knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men (2 Cor. 5:11) Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne. Mercy and truth go before You there. (Ps. 89:14) God chose us in Christ, not to condemn us or make us ashamed and afraid to face Him, but to appear before Him with great expectation and confidence. God does not desire our entry into heaven to be as one whose work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (1 Cor. 3:15). Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly. (Jn. 10:10 ) The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow to it. (Pro. 10:22) God has gone on record regarding His disposition towards His beloved: I delight in mercy (Mic. 7:8); I desire mercy (Hos. 6:6); Mercy triumphs over judgment (Jam. 2:13)—What a friend we have in Jesus!
Because of this, we must begin with the end in mind. God did. I know the thoughts I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, plans to give you hope and a future, thoughts of an expected end. (Jer. 29:11) What is evident is that there is evidence being accumulated in books of record in heaven. Fire seems to be a common element in judging. Jesus said I would that you be cold or hot. (Rev. 3:15-16) It appears that our love can be a burning passion to purge us making us pure in heart, but likewise as we walk in the fear of the Lord and the comfort of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 9;31) we head-off any loss in salvation: For if we would judge ourselves, we would not fall into judgment. (1 Cor. 11:31)
Today, we are praying into 5 revealed books in heaven, although there is implication of others, these are documents that directly relate to who we are, what we are doing and have done. Even now our words are held in account. But I say to you that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give an account in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be justified and by your words, you shall be condemned. (Mt. 12:36-37) Our praying is to have love perfected in us and perfect holiness in the fear of the Lord knowing we will answer to every word, work, way , will, and worship we bring before Him—for He is a consuming fire. Honor is something weighed, something having gravity in reverence weighed on the scales of justice. What we respect and reverence is drawn towards us; what we disrespect and lightly esteem is repelled away. God is on record saying, The eyes of the Lord are in every place. (Pro. 15:3) They ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and He ponders all his goings. (Pro. 5:21) With all this in mind we must keep the end in mind. Ours is not the fear of punishment, but the reverence of holy expectation. Paul’s prayer for the church at Colosse is altogether fitting here: that you might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you might walk worthy of the Lord in to all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. (Col. 1:9-10)
To this end, we will pray into Five Books of Record in Heaven:
- The BOOK OF THE LIVING
- The BOOK OF WANDERINGS and BOTTLES of TEARS
- The BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE
- The BOOKS OF WORKS
- The BOOK OF LIFE
Our intention is to work out our salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who works in us with both to will and do of His good purpose. (Phil. 2:12-13) Our arrival at the Throne must be with responsibility and accountability to the freedom we have as servants of God in Christ! For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His godly ones; They are preserved forever, but the descendants of the wicked will be cut off.(Ps. 37:28) and but He delights in mercy (Mic. 7:8). Remember beloved, God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love…Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (Heb. 6:10; 1 Cor. 15:58)
- The BOOK of the LIVING
Psalm 69:28 NKJV
Let them be blotted out of the BOOK OF THE LIVING, And not be written with the righteous.
Psalm 139:15-16 NIV
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body; ALL THE DAYS ORDAINED FOR ME WERE WRITTEN IN YOUR BOOK BEFORE ONE OF THEM CAME TO BE.
Purpose: According to the Scripture and ancient Hebrew literature, THE BOOK OF LIVING is a prophetic documentary of divine plans, potential, and purpose to be lived out. A.K.A.,”The Book of the Destiny” the content of its writings consist of:
- The purpose of a life formed based on God’s foreknowledge, predestination, and predeterminate counsel.
- The chosen life to be lived as a good stewards of a prearranged purpose, in giving honor where it is due, and pursuing good works and much fruit to the day of accountability.
- Assess whether or not an ordained life should be prolonged, shortened, or blotted out of the Book of Life in this present life.
General Direction: That via the fear of the Lord and love for God and neighbor would lead us into becoming who God recreated us to be in Christ in His workmanship and to be rich in deeds, full of good works and fruit, pleasing to God in every way to qualify ourselves to be written in the Book of Remembrance and promoted, positioned, poised to be used by God uniquely and significantly making a difference.
- 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. –Jer. 29:11 NIV
- 28 To carry out all that Your hand and Your will and purpose had predestined (predetermined) should occur. –Ac. 4:28 Amp.
- 10 For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. –Eph. 2:10 Amp.
- 8 Look to yourselves, that [a]we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. –2 Jn. 8 NKV
- 28 We are assured and know that [[a]God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was [b]aware and [c]loved beforehand], He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He might become the firstborn among many brethren. 30 And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified (acquitted, made righteous, putting them into right standing with Himself). And those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity and condition or state of being]. –Rom. 8:28-30 Amp.
- 13 [What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living! –Ps. 27:13 Amp.
- 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[a] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. –Col. 1:10-12 NIV
- 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained. –Phil. 3:13-16 NIV
- 5 he[a] predestined us for adoption to sonship[b] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 9 he[a] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. –Eph. 1:5, 9-10 NIV
- 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works,or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lamp stand from its place—unless you repent. –Rev. 2:4-5 NKJV
- 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before[a] 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. –Rev. 3:2-3 NKJV
- That we pray for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of God’s purposes in earth and eternity and how our lives are ordained to fulfill our role.
- That we live knowing that Christ “knows our works” and we should not be found, with our works incomplete and our lives immature when measured against our calling, giftings, assignments, and opportunities.
- That we lead by following the Spirit of Truth into all truth concerning our identity, why we are on this earth, where we can be change agents for good.
- That we live knowing we will not be judged for the life we lived but the life we should have lived in Christ.
- That we understand our uniqueness as God has intricately woven us internally to match the place of assignment and point of history He fashioned for us to live through.
- That, as did the Early Church, we pray and position ourselves to do the work of His hand, fulfill His will, and accomplish the purposes of His predetermined counsel.
- That by perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord and perfecting love we will have confidence to see the goodness of God in this present life and confidence on the day of judgment at the Seat of Christ/Throne of Grace.
- The BOOK of WANDERINGS and BOTTLE of TEARS
Psalm 56:8 Amplified Bible
You number and record my wanderings; put my TEARS into Your BOTTLE—ARE THEY NOT IN YOUR BOOK?
Psalm 141:2 NKJV
Let my prayer be set before You as incense…
Revelation 5:8 NKJV
Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and GOLDEN BOWLS FULL OF INCENSE, WHICH ARE THE PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS.
Purpose: These written documents and literal containers are collected to bear record and be used in heaven and earth when times have reached their fullness in the plans of God to work everything into conformity with the purpose of His will.
- It records the cost of sacrifice in giving, personal loss, and exchange of wills; it preserves evidence of bearing burdens and works born of godly fear and compassion as a form of worship.
- It is liquid love poured out in tears at great expense exhausting self in godly sorrow or strong intercession for birthing and breakthrough.
- It is the “findings” of one “found faithful” measuring the heart of willingness, degree of devotion, and marks of one’s potential with given opportunities.
General Direction: That we count the cost of discipleship and pay the price of taking up our cross and bearing the burdens given to us in Christ; that our wanderings will take us away from family, friends, homelands, personal comforts, and conveniences, even place us in harm’s way as sheep among wolves; that our tears of godly repentance are saved, as well as, our tears of fervent intercession.
- “Who among you fears the Lord?Who obeys the voice of His Servant?Who walks in darkness And has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord And rely upon his God.–Isaiah 50:10 NKJV
- 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.—2 Cor. 7:10 NKJV
- 6 And when Jesus was in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, 7 a woman came to Him having an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil, and she poured it on His head as He sat at the table. 8 But when His disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, “Why this waste? 9 For this fragrant oil might have been sold for much and given to the poor.” 10 But when Jesus was aware of it, He said to them, “Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a good work for Me. 11 For you have the poor with you always, but Me you do not have always. 12 For in pouring this fragrant oil on My body, she did it for My burial. 13 Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her.” –Mt. 26:6-13 NKJV
- 3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament,And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. –Dan. 12:3 NKJV
- 42 And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.” –Mt. 10:42 NKJV
- 8 knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free. –Eph. 6:8 NKJV
- 11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. –Mt. 5:11-12 NKJV
- 34 for you had compassion on [a]me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your [b]goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves [c]in heaven. –Heb. 10:34 NKJV
- 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. –Ac. 10:35 NKJV
- 20 And Moses said to the people, “Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin.” –Ex. 20:20 NKJV
- 32 Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written.” 33 And the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book. –Ex. 32:32-33 NKJV
- 22 For the Lord will not forsake His people, for His great name’s sake, because it has pleased the Lord to make you His people. 23 Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way. –1 Sam. 12:22-23 NKJV
- 10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. –Rev. 12:10-11 NKJV
- 3 So He spoke this parable to them, saying:4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine[a]just persons who need no repentance. –Lk. 15:3-7 NKJV
- 37 Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright;For the future of that man is peace. –Ps. 37:37 NKJV
- 25 “And this is the inscription that was written: [a]MENE, MENE, [b]TEKEL, [c]UPHARSIN. –Dan. 5:25 NKJV
- 12 So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom. –Ps. 90:12 NKJV
- 4 “Lord, make me to know my end,And what is the measure of my days,That I may know how frail I am.5 Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,And my age is as nothing before You;Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah –Ps. 39:4-5 NKJV
- 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, [a]were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. –Heb. 11:37-38 NKJV
- 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. –Phil. 1:21 NKJV
- 7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, –Phil. 3:7-10 NKJV
- 7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, –Heb. 5:7-9 NKJV
- 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. –Gal. 6:2 NKJV
- 5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. –Heb. 11:5-6 NKJV
- 9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. 15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— 16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for [a]vice, but as bondservants of God. –1 Pet. 2:9-12, 15-16 NKJV
- Then Peter began to say to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You.”So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother[a]or wife or children or [b]lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” –Mark 10:28-31 NKJV
- 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. –1 Cor. 15:58 NKJV
- That we realize the cost of discipleship and the price paid for our salvation; that we will take up our cross and walk out of wandering away the life of sin and the love of this world.
- That we comprehend that God knows the weight of our honor given to Him in serving Him at great expense and He will not forget our labors of love, sufferings, and losses.
- That nothing is ever lost when it is placed in God’s hand—and “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he can never lose.”
- That our tears of godly sorrow for repentance and our tears of godly-fear for others are recorded and received in heaven and held for future use and rewards.
- That the great cloud of witnesses ran their respective course of the race with endurance and finished well, therefore we must heed their instructions and follow their examples.
- That we learn the value of taking up the yoke of Christ, bearing one another’s burdens, and fulfilling godly fear and the Law of love.
- The BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE
Malachi 3:16-18 NASB
Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord gave attention and heard it, and A BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE WAS WRITTEN BEFORE HIM FOR THOSE WHO FEAR THE LORD AND WHO ESTEEM HIS NAME. “They will be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.” So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.
Acts 10:24 NIV
(Cornelius) and all his family were DEVOUT and GOD-FEARING: He GAVE GENEROUSLY to those in need and PRAYED REGULARLY…(the angel said) Your prayers have come up as a MEMORIAL OFFERING BEFORE GOD.
Purpose: It seems to be a written record of righteous deeds done before the throne of God which promotes, positions, and qualifies an individual or group to be used in a unique or significant way in this present life for eternal impact; because of the preconditions of deep devotion, godly fear, consistent praying, and generous giving these are transferred to a special status as God’s own possession and treasure as their activities open heavenly windows and angelic activity between heaven and earth.
General Direction: That we would choose to be chosen in holiness to be used by God in this present life because we are devout in our intimacy, God-fearing, prayer-seizing and generous-giving to God’s causes, which transfers heart treasures to heavenly reserves and rewards.
- 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” –Lk. 6:38 NKJV
- 23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored:If you remove wickedness far from your tent 24 and assign your nuggets to the dust,your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines,25 then the Almighty will be your gold,the choicest silver for you.26 Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God.27 You will pray to him, and he will hear you,and you will fulfill your vows.28 What you decide on will be done,and light will shine on your ways. –Job. 22:23-28 NIV
- 9 You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me,Even this whole nation.10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,That there may be food in My house,And try Me now in this,”Says the Lord of hosts,“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.11 “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground,Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,”Says the Lord of hosts;12 “And all nations will call you blessed,For you will be a delightful land,”Says the Lord of hosts. –Mal. 3:9-12 NKJV
- 51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you,hereafter[a] you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.” –Jn. 1:51 NKJV
- 2 Let my prayer be set before You as incense,The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. –Ps. 141:2 NKJV
- 8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. –Rev. 5:8 NKJV
- 3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.—Rev. 8:3-5 NKJV
- 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep. –Ac. 7:55-56, 60 NKJV
- 14 For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” –Est. 4:14 NKJV
- After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, [a]your exceedingly great reward.” 5 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” 6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. –Gen. 15:1, 5-6 NKJV
- 12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: “I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. 14 Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep[a] you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.”—Gen. 28:12-15 NKJV
- 13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. –Ps. 27:13 NKJV
- 6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. –2 Cor. 9:6-8, 10-11 NIV
- 13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not [a]prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth [b]will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Mt. 16:13-19 NKJV
- 18 “Assuredly, I say to you,whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.19 “Again[a] I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. –Mt. 18:18-19 NKJV
- 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. –Mt. 6:33 NKJV
- 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. –Phil. 4:19 NKJV
- 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.—Ps. 20:1-3 NKJV
- 9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” –2 Chron. 16:9 NKJV
- 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us [a]diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? –2 Cor. 2:14-16 NKJV
- That we understand the ebb and flow of binding and loosing and that nothing leaves heaven until something leaves earth by our authority in Christ.
- That God reserves the right to have documentation of righteous deeds done in His name and use them as qualifiers for greater works and special status as His treasures.
- That we comprehend that prayer, devotion, godly-fear, and generosity opens the heavens over us in Christ sending help from the heavenly sanctuary, supply our every need, and assign angels among us to establish His purpose.
- That God’s eyes search to find those who are found loyal in heart, full of good fruit, and labors of love to elevate them to be used uniquely and significantly in this present world for eternal impact and reward.
- That we are remembered, not as much for what we took or received, but what we added and gave—that we are blessed to be a blessing—and our kingdom priority is achieved in what we gave to create what we were promised.
- That our lives are the sweet aroma of Christ and our prayers and tears are as incense rising to the throne and contained in golden bowls to be poured out in time and eternity.
- That we chose to be chosen because we have set ourselves apart, make ourselves ready, prepared for every good work and the Master’s use as vessels of honor.
- The BOOKS of WORKS
Revelation 20:11-13 NASB
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, AND BOOKS WERE OPENED; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were JUDGED FROM THE THINGS WHICH WERE WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS, ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS. …and THEY WERE JUDGED, EVERY ONE OF THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS.
Hebrews 4:13 NIV; 9:27 NIV
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before
the eyes of him to whom WE MUST GIVE ACCOUNT.
Just as many are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.
Purpose: These books contain all the works, words, ways, will, and worship of the dead that will be unsealed or opened before the Great White Throne for final judgment; after a final check of the names registered in the Book of Life every individual will be weighed in the balance of the severity of sin and the depth of depravity along with their knowledge and understanding of good and evil; their level of punishment will be sealed as they are condemned and cast eternally to the lake of fire (hell).
General Direction: That we pray for ourselves to be found faithful stewards/servants who lived perfecting holiness out of the fear of the Lord knowing we must give an account for all our works, words, and worship; that, although, our judgement at “Seat of Christ” will not be for salvation and punishment but for refinement to reward or purification to regret; that we live our lives as examples for others to see and remember that knowing the fear of the Lord we persuade people concerning the reality of falling into the hands of a living God and answering for all sin and evil deeds done.
- Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth,Before the [a]difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”: 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. 14 For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil. –Eccl. 12:1, 13-14 NKJV
- 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what [d]fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what [e]communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[f] are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among I will be their God, And they shall be My people.” 17 Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.” 18 “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.” Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. –2 Cor. 6:14-7:1 NKJV
- 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences. 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; –2 Cor. 5:11, 14 NKJV
- 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God. –Dan. 7:10 NKJV
- 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God. –1 Cor. 4:2, 5 NIV
- 38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” –Mk. 8:38 NKJV
- 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. –1 Cor. 3:10-15 NKJV
- 9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences. –2 Cor. 5:9-11 NKJV
- 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, –2 Pet. 2:9 NKJV
- 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [a]perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [b]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be [c]burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. –2 Pet. 3:7-13 NKJV
- 7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” –1 Pet. 4:7-8 NKJV
- 10 But [a]may the God of all grace, who called [b]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [c]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. –1 Pet. 5:10 NKJV
- 17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; –1 Pet. 1:17 NKJV
- 17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. –1 Jn. 4:17 NKJV
- 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” –Jude 15 NKJV
- 12 Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy;For You [a]render to each one according to his work. –Ps. 62:12 NKJV
- 11 So that men will say,“Surely there is a reward for the righteous;Surely He is God who judges in the earth.”—Ps. 58:11 NKJV
- 10 I, the Lord, search the heart,I test the [a]mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. –Jer. 17:10 NKJV
- 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 17 I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed.” –Eccl. 3:11, 17 NIV
- 14 Blessed are those who [a]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. –Rev. 22:14 NKJV
- 16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. –1 Cor. 9:16, 26-27 NKJV
- That we comprehend that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom but it is also the end of the whole duty of man.
- That love covers a multitude of sin and the fear of the Lord perfects holiness as making us examples who follow after Christ.
- That a tree is known by its fruits, good or bad, and we will be judged at the judgment seat of Christ whether our works are gold, silver, and precious stone, or wood, hay, and stubble.
- That God is most glorified when we are most satisfied with living the life chosen for us, bearing much fruit, full of good deeds, and labors of love.
- That there is a distinct difference between “works” (done in the flesh for the glory of man) and “good works” (born of the Holy Spirit for the glory of God)
- That all things will be judged at the Great White Throne: Works, Words, Ways, Will, and Worship will be taken into account and weighed in the balance of righteousness, justice, and truth.
- That knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men to salvation and that because it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God—we are moved with compassion and compelled by holy fear. (Jude 22-23)
- The BOOK of LIFE
Revelation 20:12, 15 NKJV
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [a]God, and books were opened. And ANOTHER BOOK WAS OPENED, WHICH IS THE BOOK OF LIFE. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
And anyone not found written in the BOOK OF LIFE was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21:27b NKJV
…but only those who are written in the LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE.
Daniel 12:1b NKJV
But at that time your people–
Everyone whose NAME WAS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK –will be delivered.
Luke 10:20b NIV
…Rejoice that YOUR NAMES ARE WRITTEN IN HEAVEN.
Purpose: The Book of Life is the registry of names reserved in heaven before God that affirms salvation for those who believed into Christ preserving them from judgment in hell; every soul born was chosen and predestined in Christ for salvation and seal of Holy Spirit’s promise, whereas, the unbelieving wicked dead have had their names blotted out or erased from the book with no escape because there is no other way or name to be saved by.
General Direction: That we would daily rejoice that our names are inscribed in heaven in the Lamb’s Book of Life; that we would live a life worthy of the price that was paid for so great a salvation and rescue from the pit of destruction; that we would daily seek to save souls by seeking to save those lost as fishers of men, witnesses of Jesus, planting, watering, and reaping as laborers in the harvest fields.
- 5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. –Rev. 3:5 NKJV
- 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.—Jn. 14:6 NKJV
- 2 being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. –Ac. 4:12 NKJV
- 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, –Ac. 17:30 NKJV
- 11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, –Titus 2:11 NKJV
- 18 [a]“Known to God from eternity are all His works. –Ac. 15:18 NKJV
- 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. –Jer. 29:11 NKJV
- 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. –Jn. 4:22 NKJV
- 24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” –Jn. 7:24 NKJV
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. –Jn. 10:1-3, 27 NKJV
- 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” –Jn. 11:25-26 NKJV
- 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.—Jn. 17:3 NKJV
- 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has [a]life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, [b]and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.—1 Jn. 5:11-13 NKJV
- 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.22 And on some have compassion, [a]making a distinction; 23 but others save [b]with fear, pulling them out of the [c]fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. 24 Now to Him who is able to keep [d]you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, –Jude 21-24 NKJV
- 19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save [a]a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. –Jam. 5:19-20 NKJV
- but is longsuffering toward [a]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.—2 Pet. 3:9b NKJV
- 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; –2 Pet. 1:10 NKJV
- 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [a]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. –1 Pet. 1:3-5 NKJV
- 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, –Eph. 3:20 NKJV
- 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He [a]made us accepted in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,–Eph. 1:4-7, 11 NKJV
- 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. –Eph. 2:8-9 NKJV
- 15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being [a]abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work. –Titus. 1:15-16 NKJV
- 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, –Titus 3:4-5 NKJV
- 2 For He says:“In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. –2 Cor. 6:2 NKJV
- 30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,And he who [a]wins souls is wise. –Pro. 11:30 NKJV
- That we understand the absoluteness of our final exam and the non-negotiable reality of having our names inscribed in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- That we daily rejoice that our names are written in heaven, that Jesus took our punishment at the cross as he finished the work of salvation and defeated the devil.
- That we continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling as God works in us both to do His good will and fulfills His good pleasure and purpose.
- That we work, not to be saved, but because we are saved and our labors are led by compassion and refined by godly-fear knowing God’s judgment and justice.
- That we live with the end in mind and seek to bear fruit at every level of maturity and be pleasing to God in every way, having love perfected in us, and perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord; to arrive before the judgment of God—not with things that cost us nothing—but like the woman with the alabaster box we pour out our love at great expense, wasting it on Jesus, leaving nothing in reserve for the One who paid it all for us.
- That we not neglect so great a salvation gifted to us and since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, we have reverence and awe of God for He is a consuming fire of our worship and works.
- That because God the Father estimated our eternal worth by sending His priceless Son to die for us—we have a life worthy of the price paid and the value of having our names written in the Book of Life.