08 Aug Online Prayer, AFTERIMAGING, Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Reflecting the Express Image of the Invisible God
John 4:24 KJV
God is Spirit.
Proverbs 29:18 Amplified
Where there is no vision [no redemption vision of God], people perish.
Tozer wrote, “What comes to your mind when you think about God is the most important thing about you. In order to be right, we must think right.” We have used the aforementioned quote many times before. But it bears repeating, not for lack of creativity, but to avoid the captivity of creating a false image of God and then insisting on Him to pander to our every whim.
Image is everything! After further review, the truth has been confirmed on the field of life—the image of God is the most schemed and distorted device of the devil. Because it gives him the greatest return on all his devouring. Because we are created and made in the image of our God any optical illusion of who He is and what He does can insert confusion and disorder into the minds and hearts of His created. Dr. Myles Monroe wrote, “The most dangerous enemy is the ignorance of self.” Proverbs 9:10 says, Knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. But in the absence of a redemptive vision and prophetic understanding of who God is, the result is a humanity adrift on an ocean of opinion and under the dominion of the one who comes to steal, kill, and destroy the image of those experiencing identity-theft.
A recent survey revealed profound insight to this issue. The research set forth four predominant images of God popular among Americans; Benevolent, Distant, Judgmental, Unknowable. The research went further to ask how the image of God affected the lives of those who held them. The conclusion was that, more than any other factor, one’s image of God is the most powerful influence on what we believe and how we behave. The image we form of God directly conforms how we view ourselves. It turns out that the measure of our image of God is the means by which we measure ourselves. It has been postulated that: Truth is like a portrait: to exaggerate any feature is to make it a caricature of itself. The Bible says…let God be true and man every man a liar. (Rom. 3:4) God exclusively reserves the right to define Himself and reveal Himself as He is.
Jesus was quizzed by the Pharisees in an attempt to trip Him up by asking was it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar or not? To which Jesus said, Bring Me a coin? Then He asked—Whose image and inscription is on it? They replied “Caesar’s”. Jesus answered them by saying, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s (Mk. 12:13-17 KJV). They marveled at His answer because He, in essence, was saying, “You were created in the image of God and bear the inscription of His likeness. Therefore, you should reflect who He is and express the likeness of His inscription.”
The top two Commandments are two sides of the same coin. The two sides of the same commandment are to compare and contrast God’s reality of identity in order to guard and give the worship He is due. Examples:
- 1st – No other gods before Me – Forbids the worship of other gods.
- 2nd– No graven images for yourself – Forbids the making of other gods to worship.
- 1st –Refers to who God is.
- 2nd—Refers to who God is not.
- 1st—Instructs us Who is to be worshiped.
- 2nd—Instructs us how He is to be worshiped.
- 1st—Is a command to guard against identity–theft and religious impostors.
- 2nd—Is a command to guard against image infringement, false branding, and spiritual idolatry.
- 1st—Is fulfilled in the Greatest Commandment to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- 2nd—Is fulfilled in the Second Great Commandment to love our neighbor as ourself. (1 Jn. 4:20-21)
Colossians 1:15 (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, Hebrews1:3 says, He is the exact representation of His being, the express image of His Person, and the radiance of His glory. There is an interesting optical-affect called “afterimaging”. It is when the receptors in the back of the eyes are exposed to “certain lights or colors leaving a temporary impression of the image on the retina; the electrical impulses of light leave an imprint of the image momentarily then slowly fades away. The “Afterimaging Affect” also tends to reverse images and change colors. This optical function has a direct correlation to seeing the unseen in the Spirit-realm. 2 Corinthians 3:18, We are changed from one degree of glory to another by continuing to behold the reflected image in the Spirit-mirror of the Word. The Holy Spirit gives us access of the freedom to see behind the veil of who we are and who Jesus is in us. The Scriptures says, In Thy light, we see light (Ps. 36:9). As the invisible is made visible by viewing into the looking glass of spirit to Spirit we can see where we came from, where we are, and where we can be if we continue to focus on Jesus the Word.
Here is where ”Beholding is becoming”. The concept of afterimaging is experienced by the light of revelation that leaves an impression on our spiritual eyes. James 1:21-25 speaks of having the word engrafted, which is able to save our soul. Vs. 23-25, For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer he is like a man beholding his natural face in a mirror. For he beholds himself, and goes his way, and immediately forgets what manner of man he was. But whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man will be blessed in his deed. Note that, as in afterimaging, there is a fleeting image made on the eyes of the beholder. It is likely that he will forget what manner a man he was because he went his way and forgot who he was. But it is the one who continues to look to the perfect law of liberty while looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of his faith that Holy Spirit can change him from one degree of glory to the other. This is because he both, continues to behold the same image in the mirror, and do what the inscription describes as his likeness. This is where His impression on our eyes becomes our expression of who He is in us as the Hope of Glory!
Today we will peel back the layers of revelation and wisdom in gaining the knowledge of who God is, receiving redemptive revelation of His image, and knowing the inscription of His likeness as those created to reflect Him as He is. We will unpack the image of God in five layers in order to imprint His image in our afterimaging of Christ as He is conformed in us individually and corporately.
- The Image of God in CREATION
- The Image of God in HIS SCRIPTURE
- The Image of God in HIS SON
- The Image of God in HIS SPIRIT
- The IMAGE of God in the AFTERIMAGE OF THE NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS
Romans 1:19-20 NIV
…since what may be made known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Psalm 19:1-4 NASB
The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
2 Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world.
In them He has placed a tent for the sun…
General Direction: That we would behold the beauty of the Lord as we discover the universe and the works of his hands; that we would listen to the voice of creation and their expanse proclaiming His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature—that we would stand in awe and accountability to Him who made us in His own image and likeness to have dominion of His works.
- 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: “Their sound has gone out to all the earth, And their words to the ends of the world.” –Rom. 10:17-18 NKJV
- 7 The works of His hands are verity[a] and justice; All His precepts are sure. –Ps. 111:7 NKJV
- God, who [a]at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [b]worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had [c]by Himself [d]purged [e]our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, –Heb. 1:1-3 NKJV
- 3 By faith we understand that the [a]worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. –Heb. 11:3 NKJV
- 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or [a]principalities or [b]powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. –Col. 1:16-17 NKJV
- 6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. –Ps. 33:6 NKJV
- 3 For the Lord is the great God,And the great King above all gods.4 [a]In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also. 5 The sea is His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry land. 6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. –Ps. 95:3-6 NKJV
- 4 One generation shall praise Your works to another,And shall declare Your mighty acts.5 [a]I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty,
And [b]on Your wondrous works. 6 Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, And I will declare Your greatness. 7 They shall [c]utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness. 10 All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, And Your saints shall bless You.
11 They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, And talk of Your power, 12 To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, And the glorious majesty of His kingdom. 13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all [a]generations. –Ps. 145:4-7, 10-13 NKJV
- The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,The world and those who dwell therein.2 For He has founded it upon the seas,And established it upon the [a]waters. 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive blessing from the Lord, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. 6 This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah –Ps. 24:1-6 NKJV
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. –Gen. 1:1 NKJV
- 6 You alone are the Lord;You have made heaven,The heaven of heavens, with all their host,The earth and everything on it,The seas and all that is in them,And You preserve them all.The host of heaven worships You. –Neh. 9:6 NKJV
- 25 Of old You laid the foundation of the earth,And the heavens are the work of Your hands. –Ps. 102:25
- 18 This will be written for the generation to come,That a people yet to be created may praise the Lord.19 For He looked down from the height of His sanctuary;From heaven the Lord viewed the earth, –Ps. 102:18-19 NKJV
- 2 Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment,Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain.3 He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters,Who makes the clouds His chariot,Who walks on the wings of the wind,4 Who makes His angels spirits,His [a]ministers a flame of fire. 5 You who [b]laid the foundations of the earth, So that it should not be moved forever, 6 You covered it with the deep as with a garment; The waters stood above the mountains. –Ps. 104:2-6 NKJV
- 28 Have you not known?Have you not heard?The everlasting God, the Lord,The Creator of the ends of the earth,Neither faints nor is weary.His understanding is unsearchable. –Is. 40:28 NKJV
- 12 I have made the earth,And created man on it.I—My hands—stretched out the heavens,And all their host I have commanded. –Is. 45:12 NKJV
- 13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;When I call to them,They stand up together. –Is. 38:13 NKJV
- 24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: “Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them, 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” –Acts 4:24, 28-30 NKJV
- 24 God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. –Acts 17:24 NKJV
- 4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?Tell Me, if you have understanding.5 Who determined its measurements?Surely you know!Or who stretched the [a]line upon it? 33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth? –Job. 38:4-5, 33 NKJV
- 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love5 he[a] predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will…–Eph. 1:3-5 NIV
- 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery,which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. –Eph. 3:9-11 NIV
- Father of Creation, You breathed out the stars (Ps. 33:6) called each one by their name and set them on their assignment in the heavens (Is. 40:26, 28).
- Creator God, you spoke and the heavens spread out like a canopy and worlds were framed by the words you uttered by faith into existence from nothing.
- Our Lord and God you placed this planet in the exact margins of miracle in its distance from the sun, gave us the moon to wash the oceans with waves, gave us night and day, and the rain and waters that cover the earth to sustain life for us.
- All of creation proclaims Your greatness and projects Your praise; they are declaring the works of Your hands—their speech is heard through out the entire universe, the waves thunder Your glory, the birds sing Your praise, the beautiful sunrise behind the mountains speak of Your majesty, Your still small voice is heard in the green pastures beside still waters, Your tenderness is heard in a baby’s laughter—You are great and greatly to be praised.
- Great is your lovingkindness and salvation towards us, in that, the Lamb of God was slain before the foundations of the world.
- All of creation is on its tiptoes awaiting the manifestation of the sons of God.
- Who is like you, Father in heaven, who waters the grass, flowers, and tress, you feed the birds and watch over all You’ve made—You already know what we have need of and said “Seek first Your kingdom and righteousness and these other things” –food, clothes, and shelter will be added unto you.
- You gave us dominion in the earth to subdue, replenish, and multiply to cover the earth with Your kingdom and the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the water covers the sea.
- You created all things seen and unseen and everything, every throne, power, and name will bow before You and proclaim Jesus Christ is Lord!
- Father of Creation, we see You in all You’re creation and stand in awe.
2 Timothy 3:15-17 NIV
…you have known from infancy the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
John 5:39 NKJV
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life: AND THESE ARE THEY WHICH TESTIFY OF ME.
General Direction: That we comprehend that God sent His Word (Jesus) to reveal His ways and will, His character and nature, and to entrust us with the treasures of His Word, to implant, water, and reap from it and proclaim His Word to all the nations.
- 4 For the word of the Lord is right,And all His work is done in truth. 6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. –Ps. 33:4,6 NKJV
- 7 The works of His hands are verity[a] and justice; All His precepts are sure. –Ps. 111:7 NKJV
- 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. –2 Tim. 2:15 NKJV
- 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things.21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. –2 Pet. 1:20-21 NIV
- 19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. –2 Pet. 1:19 NIV
- 89 Forever, O Lord,Your word [a]is settled in heaven. 103 How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. 130 The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple. 133 Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me. 165 Great peace have those who love Your law, And [a]nothing causes them to stumble. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. –Ps. 119:89, 103, 11, 130, 133, 165, 105 NKJV
- 8 The grass withers, the flower fades,But the word of our God stands forever.” –Is. 40:8 NKJV
- 18 For assuredly, I say to you,till heaven and earth pass away, one [a]jot or one [b]tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. –Mt. 5:18 NKJV
- 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. –Mt. 24:35 NKJV
- 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,So are My ways higher than your ways,And My thoughts than your thoughts.10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,And do not return there,But water the earth,And make it bring forth and bud,That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;It shall not return to Me [a]void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. 12 “For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. –Is. 55:8-12 NKJV
- 3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. –Deut. 8:3 NKJV
- 16 Your words were found, and I ate them,And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;For I am called by Your name,O Lord God of hosts. –Jer. 15:16 NKJV
- 12 Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am [a]ready to perform My word.” –Jer. 1:12 NKJV
- 29 “Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord,“And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? –Jer. 23:29 NKJV
- 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow [a]thereby, –1 Pet. 2:2 NKJV
- 4 The Lord talked with you face to face on the mountain from the midst of the fire. 5 I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the Lord; for you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up the mountain. He said:6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage. 7 ‘You shall have no other gods [b]before Me. 8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 9 you shall not bow[c] down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, [d]visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, –Deut. 6:4-9 NKJV
- 19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lordhis God and be careful to observe all the words of this law and these statutes, –Deut. 17:19 NKJV
- 23 For this command is a lamp,this teaching is a light,and correction and instruction are the way to life, –Prov. 6:23 NIV
- 20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. –2 Cor. 1:20 NKJV
- 20 So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed. –Acts 19:20 NKJV
- 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and [a]breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ”–Ezk. 37:7, 10, 14 NKJV
- 8 But it is the spirit[a] in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding. –Job 32:8 NIV
- 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [b]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— –Eph. 6:10-12, 18 NKJV
- 11 These were more [a]fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. –Acts 17:11 NKJV
- 4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the [a]patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. –Rom. 15:4 NKJV
- 14 The sower sows the word. 20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, [a]accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.” –Mk. 4:14, 20 NKJV
- 56 “Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest[a] to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses. –1 Kgs. 8:56 NKJV
- That great are the Words You have spoken into existence to create things seen and things unseen and framed world with the words of Your mouth.
- Jesus, Lord of all, You created all things and uphold all things with the word of Your power and hold all things together.
- Jesus, You were the first born of all creation and became the Lamb that was slain and the Lion that will rule over all things.
- Jesus, You were the Word in the beginning who came to show us the Father, opened the veil of the temple so we could again have in true intimate relationship with our God through the Holy Spirit You sent to guide and teach us.
- Thank you for Your Word that reveals who You are, what You’ve done, and what You’re going to do and reveals Your ways and will for our lives and destiny.
- Father, thank you for so loving us that you sent your Word and not one has ever failed us, You have exalted Your Word above Your name, made it forever binding and settled, and though heaven and earth pass away Your word endures forever.
- Thank you that the study of Your Word reveals Your approval to us and helps us to rightly divide the Word of truth and make us wise to the salvation of our souls.
- That Your Word runs swiftly in the earth, Your Word is breathed out from Your very character and nature and will never return to you empty, but accomplish that which You sent it into the earth to do.
- That Your word contains the potential of multiplication 30, 60, or 100-fold in the heart that is good and noble soil.
- Order our steps in Your Word, let the unfolding of Your Word give us understanding, that we might not sin against You, and not give the devil an advantage over us in his scheming of the spiritual warfare here.
- Your Word is our daily bread, Your Spirit is our spring of living water, all of our fountains are in You—in Your light we see light—and they are the joy and rejoicing of our hearts—we love Your Word—we live Your Word!
Colossians 1:15-17 NIV
He (Jesus) is THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, the first born of all creation. For by him were all things created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or rulers or authorities, all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Hebrews 1:2-3 NKJV
(God’s Son) is…the brightness of His glory and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON…
John 14:7, 9 NKJV
If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him…He who has seen Me has seen the Father.
General Direction: That we would comprehend that Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the exact representation of His being and His radiance of His glory; that if we study Jesus we understand God the Father and know how He yearns to have our eyes and ears, hands and feet, mind and heart to use for His glory and to be living letters written to lost humanity.
- Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.–Heb. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 13 Then they sent to Him some of the Pharisees and the Herodians, to catch Him in His words. 14 When they had come, they said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and [a]care about no one; for You do not [b]regard the person of men, but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? 15 Shall we pay, or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why do you test Me? Bring Me a denarius that I may see it.”16 So they brought it. And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?” They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17 And Jesus answered and said to them, [c]“Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at Him. –Mk. 12:13-17 NKJV
- 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made[a] of dust; the second Man is [b]the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the [c]man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we[d] shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. –1 Cor. 15:45-49 NKJV
- 13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not [a]prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth [b]will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Mt. 16:13-19 NKJV
- 29 And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” –Mt. 8:29 NKJV
- 51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you,hereafter[a] you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.” –Jn. 1:51 NKJV
- 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me,believe the works, that you may know and [a]believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.” –Jn. 10:38 NKJV
- 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He[a]will take of Mine and declare it to you. –Jn. 16:15 NKJV
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 16 [a]And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. –Jn. 1:1-4, 14, 16-17 NKJV
- 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:34 NKJV
- 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” –Jn. 5:39, 19, 17 NKJV
- 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will [a]by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. –Jn. 6:29, 37-38, 44 NKJV
- 28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift[a] up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” 31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. 37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” 18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.” –Jn. 8:28-29, 31-32, 34-37, 58, 18 NKJV
- 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” –Mt. 3:17 NKJV
- 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of [a]God which He has testified of His Son. –1 Jn. 5:9 NKJV
- 11 And the unclean spirits, whenever they saw Him, fell down before Him and cried out, saying, “You are the Son of God.” –Mk. 3:11 NKJV
- 15 And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?” –Acts 19:15 NKJV
- 6 For unto us a Child is born,Unto us a Son is given;And the government will be upon His shoulder.And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever.The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. –Is. 9:6-7 NKJV
- That Jesus is perfect the theology and be beholding the Son we know who the Father is.
- That Jesus is the face of God, the hands and feet, the eyes and ears, and the heart and soul of God.
- That we would learn to study the Son of God to see the image of the invisible God and observe the radiance of His glory and His exact representation of all that God the Father is.
- That we would understand the essentialness of listening to Holy Spirit and follow His leadings and impressions that emanate from the Son.
- That to know God the Son is to know God the Father and to worship Him in spirit and in truth and avoid false worship to other things and self-idolatry.
- That Jesus is preeminent in all things, that in Him all things exists and consist and that of Him and to Him through Him are all things—to whom belongs glory, honor, and praise.
- That Jesus is the King of the kingdom and the foundation of the church that was entrusted to Him as He was sent by the Father to do His will and finish His work.
- That we would comprehend Jesus as I AM and how He came to seek and save that which was lost, triumph over the devil at the cross, and make all things new for the glory of God.
- That Jesus is the Way, Truth, and Life of God, there is no other salvation, no other name given among men whereby we must be saved and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
- That Christ was the child born and the Son given to us who understands our weaknesses as the Son of Man, was tempted in every way such as we are, yet without sin—and He who knew no sin but became sin so we would be His righteousness and become kings and priests who reign with Him.
John 14:26; 16:13-15
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things,
and bring to your remembrance all thing that I said to you.
…When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to speak. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
1 Corinthians 2:10, 14-16 NKJV
God has revealed (all things) to us through His Spirit, yes, the deep things of God.
…the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual…because they are spiritually discerned…
…He who is spiritual judges all things…we have the mind of Christ.
General Direction: That the Spirit of the living God was sent to reveal all that God is and to be God’s ever-present Help, hope, comfort, counsel, and constant guide into all truth; that the Spirit of Adoption reveals God as “Abba Father” and baptizes us with over pouring love and outpouring power to be bold witnesses and be led as sons/daughters to eternal reward and inheritance in Christ.
- 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as [a]by the Spirit of the Lord. –2 Cor. 3:17—18 NKJV
- 30 He must increase, but I must decrease. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:30, 34 NKJV
- 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. –Jn. 6:63 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. –Zech. 4:6 NKJV
- 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [a]through His Spirit who dwells in you. –Rom. 8:14-16, 11 NKJV
- 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born[a] of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, [b]“Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir [c]of God [d]through Christ. –Gal. 4:4-7 NKJV
- 20 You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them,And did not withhold Your manna from their mouth,And gave them water for their thirst.–Neh. 9:20 NKJV
- 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit [a]and fire. –Mt. 3:11 NKJV
- 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you [a]will abide in Him. –1 Jn. 2:27 NKJV
- 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. –Eph. 4:30 NKJV
- 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. –1 Thes. 5:19, 21 NKJV
- 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. –Ps. 51:11 NKJV
- 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor;He has sent Me [a]to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are [b]oppressed; –Lk. 4:18 NKJV
- 2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,The Spirit of counsel and might,The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. –Is. 11:2 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Acts 10:38 NKJV
- 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the [a]Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. –2 Cor. 3:2-3, 6 NKJV
- 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. –Jn. 16:8-11 NKJV
- 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. –1 Jn. 4:6 NKJV
- That Holy Spirit was sent from God the Father and God the Son to reveal who God is and to teach us and guide us in all truth.
- That we would comprehend the Spirit of Adoption and how God longs to reveal to us His Father heart, His lovingkindness, and His purpose of a hope and future in Him.
- That Holy Spirit has taken up residence in those born again and lives to restore all things lost in the fall and to flow through us as rivers of living water as our cup overflows.
- That as those created in the image and likeness of God we have been given dunamis power of Holy Spirit’s baptism and refillings to bear witness to Christ and demonstrate God’s power.
- That we are to guard and give our hearts and minds with the Holy Spirit being our Counselor and never to grieve Him or offend Him, but to honor Him and by Him prove all things.
- That it is by Holy Spirit things unknown can be made known things invisible can be seen, and the deep things of God in His Word, will, and ways can be accessed and understood.
- That as the Spirit of God was with Jesus without limitations and able to go about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil, He will be with us, remain with us, and always abide.
- That we would learn the way of Christ in saying, “I can do nothing without Him”; it is “not by might, nor by power, but by His Spirit we live and move and have our being in Christ our Lord.”
- That where the Spirit of the Lord there is freedom to be who we were created and called to be, to do what we were redeemed to do in every good work, and to bear much fruit to the glory of the Father.
- That through Holy Spirit indwelling we have all access to who God is and what He can do:
- Spirit of the Lord
- Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding
- Spirit of Counsel and Might
- Spirit of Knowledge and of the fear of the LORD
- Afterimage of the New Creature in Christ
2 Corinthians 5:17, 20 NKJV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things become new. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us;
2 Corinthians 3:18 Amplified
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured INTO HIS VERY OWN IMAGE IN EVER INCREASING SPLENDOR AND FROM ONE DEGREE OF GLORY TO ANOTHER; [for this comes] FROM THE LORD [WHO IS] THE SPIRIT.
James 1:23-25 NKJV
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
General Direction: That we could gain insight from “after-imaging” and that we are being changed from one degree to another by beholding the Spirit-image revealed in the perfect law of liberty; as new creatures in Christ, we are being transformed and conformed to Christ.
- 5 The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters,but one who has insight draws them out. –Pro. 20:5 NIV
- 19 As water reflects the face,so one’s life reflects the heart. –Pro. 27:19 NIV
- 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,–Rom. 8:14-16 NKJV
- 19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you, –Gal. 4:19 NKJV
- 3 Then I went down to the potter’s house