28 Mar R3 Online Prayer, BEHOLD, I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW, Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Revelation 21:5 NKJV
Behold, I make all things new.
Isaiah 65:17 NKJV
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create…
Romans 6:4b; 7:6
…Even so we should also walk in the NEWNESS OF LIFE…
…we should serve in the NEWNESS OF SPIRIT.
Spring is God’s way of saying “One more time”! Spring forward we have an eternal guarantee of hope and a future sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise both here and now in this life and there and then in life eternal. When Jesus declared, Behold, I make all things new He was not only referring to the future fabric of homes in heaven, He was speaking retroactively of places past where redemption recovered what was lost and heaven came to earth by invitation.
We are given “new life” as new creatures in Christ Jesus. The New Life I live is not the life I live for myself but the Life lived through me as a living sacrifice. I am Christ’s and He is mine. All His benefits and spiritual blessings in heavenly places belong to me. To Him belongs all my times, seasons, desires, hopes, dreams, and labors of love on earth. I am not my own, I’ve been bought with a price. Everything, every breath, every choice, every opportunity, every right, every free moment has been transferred to His disposal to infuse His life through mine. I daily relinquish my will for His as I vanquish my former life in crucified-living.
Jesus said …I am come that they might have life, and that they will have it more abundantly. (Jn. 10:10 b) This is the “zoē-life of God” not the “psuche, soul-life of self-rule”. The more fully a life is lived in Christ the more abundant that life becomes. The Spiritual fathers called this the “snowball-effect” of a life laid down in love. The more you live for Him who died the bigger your world will be; the more you live for yourself and your uncrucified independence the smaller your world will become. Jesus even set a grave warning for those seeking self-rule and person privilege: He that loves his life (psuche, soulish, self-life) will lose it, and he who hates his life (psuche, soulish, self-life) in this world shall keep it for eternal life (zoē, spiritual life of God) –Jn. 12:25 NKJV. One of the most sobering Scriptures in the Bible is Psalm 50:22 NIV Now consider this, you who forget God, Lest I tear you to pieces, And there be none to deliver. This references the wicked who lived their lives independent of the love demonstrated at the cross. It does not mean that God will literally tear them limb from limb, but that He will dismember His memory of them and dissolve any recall in hell from any outside access. The same way He remembers sins no more. In other words, God is saying to those who forget Him, He will forget them with no one to rescue. Thus the Scripture says, It’s a horrible thing to fall into the hands of a living God (Heb. 10:31), and again, Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men. (2 Cor. 5:11) For the wicked the future is torn to pieces. For the believer it is made whole and holy. For the one “all things are new” for the other “all things are forgotten”.
By contrast, we are given “so great a salvation” that we should walk in the newness of life (Luke 6:4). Real life is found in the light of all men. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (Jn. 1:4) While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light; Not only does the light of life switch to the high beams to eternally illuminate our path ahead, we likewise become the luminaries that the searching can see in darkness because our lives and labors shine before the lost. The higher the voltage of resurrection power is in direct proportion of the depth of crucified-living. Moreover, our spiritual batteries need recharging daily. On the one post “praying in the Spirit”, on the other post “hearing the Word of God” –to build up our most holy faith (Rom. 10:17; Jude 20).
“My old identity has been co-crucified with Messiah and no longer lives; for the nails of his cross crucified me with him. And now the essence of this new life is no longer mine, for the Anointed One lives his life through me—we live in union as one! My new life is empowered by the faith of the Son of God who loves me so much that he gave himself for me, and dispenses his life into mine! (Gal. 2:20 TPT) The new life values the opportunity to repay a debt to the One who paid a debt He did not owe. It is estimating my worth with the priceless value of His death and resurrection.
The new life is the sign of hope for a hopeless world in need of change. The invitation is to come and see as the new creature is unfolding and unveiling, like a scroll rolled out, the newness of life that reveals the Risen Christ through us as open books known and read of all men.
Psalm 149:4 NKJV For the LORD takes pleasure in His people. He will beautify the humble with salvation. And, Ecclesiastes 3:11 NKJV He has made everything beautiful in its time. The concept of Extreme Makeovers has become well known. Whether it is a Home Makeover or a Full Body Makeover with facial/dental work, new hair dos, and body sculpting. The idea is to create a new home from the old or make a “new you”. For us, it is to get our “house in order” and give our life a total makeover in the image of God and the character formation of Christ in us. Our change begins with being born again. But the change continues as we are transformed by the renewing of our mind. We no longer feed from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Our daily bread is from the Tree of Life. Herein we walk in the newness of life. (Rom. 6:4)
Psalm 34:5 NIV, Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. We celebrate this coming Passover and Resurrection Sunday by praying into the NEWNESS OF LIFE and becoming the Beautiful Bride that Christ will present to Himself at His appearing!
The only thing that really matters is living by the transforming power of this wonderful new creation life. And all those who live in agreement with this standard will have true peace and God’s delight… Galatians 6:16 TPT
Today we pray into places where “New Life” has arrived and where “all things new” awaits:
- A New LIFE to LIVE
- A New NATURE and ATTITUDE
- A New HEART and SOUL
- A New FAMILY and COMMUNITY
- A New HOPE and FUTURE
- A NEW LIFE to LIVE
2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, HE IS A NEW CREATION;
old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Galatians 2:20 TPT
My old identity has been co-crucified with Messiah and no longer lives; for the nails of his cross crucified me with him. And NOW THE ESSENCE OF THIS NEW LIFE is no longer mine, for the Anointed One lives his life through me—we live in union as one! MY NEW LIFE is empowered by the faith of the Son of God who loves me so much that he gave himself for me, and DISPENSES HIS LIFE INTO MINE!
General Direction: To live out the new life as a new creation in Christ; to stop doing the wrong things by start doing the right things as I am empowered by grace through faith in the Son of God; to live the resurrected life by being crucified with Christ.
- In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. –Jn. 1:4, 12-13 NKJV
- 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. –Jn. 14:6 NKJV
- 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. –Jn. 17:3 NKJV
- 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[a] have eternal life. 36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” –Jn. 3:15, 36 NKJV
- 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. –Jn. 12:25 NKJV
- 20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.—Rom. 5:20-21 NKJV
- 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. –Rom 6:4-11 NKJV
- 18 “Do not remember the former things,Nor consider the things of old.19 Behold, I will do a new thing,Now it shall spring forth;Shall you not know it?I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert. –Is. 43:18-19 NKJV
- 6 All we like sheep have gone astray;We have turned, every one, to his own way;And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. 12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,Because He poured out His soul unto death,And He was numbered with the transgressors,And He bore the sin of many,And made intercession for the transgressors.–Is. 53:6, 12 NKJV
- 25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;And I will not remember your sins.26 Put Me in remembrance;
Let us contend together; State your case, that you may be acquitted. –Is. 43:25-26 NKJV
- 12 As far as the east is from the west,So far has He removed our transgressions from us. 17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlastingOn those who fear Him,And His righteousness to children’s children, –Ps. 103:12, 17 NKJV
- 17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” 19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water., –Heb. 10:17, 19-22 NIV
- 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. –1 Jn. 1:7, 9 NKJV
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. –1 Jn. 5:1, 11-12 NKJV
- 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. –Jm. 1:18 NKJV
- 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. –Phil. 2:12-13 NKJV
- 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, –1 Pet. 1:23 NKJV
- 23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? –Lk. 9:23-25 NIV
- 29 “Truly I tell you,”Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” –Lk. 18:29-30 NIV
- 14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom[a] the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. –Gal. 6:14-16 NKJV
- 19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. –Ezk. 11:19 NIV
- 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, –Eph. 2:15 NKJV
- 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:8-10 NKJV
- That my life has been transferred to His life; I am not my own; my world no longer revolves around me but around the Son of Righteousness—the One who knew no sin but became sin for me—so I could be righteous in Him.
- That new life means Christ has first priority, highest place, the main thing, the centerpiece of all my living.
- That I be crucified of my old self and selfishness and give the Risen Lord the reins of my life and live the resurrected life.
- That I no longer live under fear and shame because Christ took them and nailed them to the cross for me—I no longer am condemned.
- That I daily die to self and take up my cross and follow after Christ’s example of not seeking to be served, but to serve and give my life as a living sacrifice.
- That I will glory in the finished work of the cross by which I was crucified to the world and the world was crucified to me.
- A NEW NATURE and ATTITUDE
Romans 12:2 Philips Translation
Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould.
BUT LET GOD RE-MAKE YOU SO THAT YOUR WHOLE ATTITUDE OF MIND IS CHANGED.
Ephesians 4:23-24 NLT
Let the Spirit RENEW YOUR THOUGHTS AND ATTITUDES.
Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.
General Direction: To displace the old nature and attitude by having Christ formed in me by re-making me into a total makeover of wholeness, holiness, and righteousness in Christ; to put on Christ and walk in the Spirit in order to not make any provision for the flesh or fulfill its carnal desires; to be transformed by the renewing of the mind.
- You have stripped off the OLD NATURE with its practices, and PUT ON THE NEW NATURE, which is RENEWED in the likeness of its Creator for the knowledge of him. –Col. 3:10 Moffitt Translation
- 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. –2 Pet. 1:3-4 NKJV
- 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
- 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. –Gal. 5:16-21; 22-26 NKJV
- 11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. –Rom. 13:11-14 NKJV
- 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. –Eph. 2:15-16 NKJV
- Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. –Col. 3:1-3, 12-17 NIV
- 1-2 I, Paul, am under God’s plan as an apostle, a special agent of Christ Jesus, writing to you faithful believers in Ephesus. I greet you with the grace and peace poured into our lives by God our Father and our Master, Jesus Christ. 3 How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He’s the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. –Eph. 1:1-3 MSG
- 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. –Rom. 8:5-11 NKJV
- 7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. –Pro. 23:7 NKJV
- 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. –Phil. 4:8-9 NKJV
- 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. –Phil. 2:2-8 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. –Heb. 4:12-13 NKJV
- To take on the new nature of righteousness and holiness by faith and patience to possess my soul in Christ; to change the old nature of its self-rule and self-centeredness and transfers the reins of power to have the nature of a servant and the attitude of giving instead of taking.
- To allow the Sword of the Spirit to rightly divide my inner being so that I can distinguish the unrenewed soulish life from the born again Spirit-life in me.
- To allow God to re-make me so that my whole attitude is changed into Christlikeness as I put on my new nature of righteousness and holiness.
- To take hold of my new nature and new attitude by allowing the two-edged Sword to discern by thoughts and intentions of my heart.
- To put to death covetousness, bitterness, gossip, envy and jealousy, lusts, materialism, self-righteousness, and spiritual pride and be raised up in the newness of life.
- To set my mind and affections on things above since I died with Christ and my old life is hidden with Christ in God.
- A NEW HEART and SOUL
Ezekiel 36:26-27 NKJV
I will give YOU A NEW HEART and put A NEW SPIRIT WITHIN YOU; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
Psalm 23:3a KJV
He restoreth my soul:
General Direction: To allow God to perform an extreme makeover of my heart and soul through the new and living way He provided in the veil of Jesus’ flesh; to give, “the hidden man of my spirit”, (1 Pet. 3:4) in conjunction with Holy Spirit, the upper hand of rule and rein in my intellect, reasonings, imaginations, and emotions and will; to live forgiven and free.
- 7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—In the volume of the book it is written of Me—To do Your will, O God.’” 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. –Heb. 10:7, 22 NKJV
- 6 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”[a] 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” –Heb. 10:16-17 NKJV
- 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.–1 Jn. 1:7, 9 NKJV
- 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” –Mt. 23:37-40 NKJV
- “In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness. –Zech. 13:1 NKJV
- 5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. –Col. 3:5 NKJV
- “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor;He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,To proclaim liberty to the captives,And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,And the day of vengeance of our God;To comfort all who mourn,3 To console those who mourn in Zion,To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” 4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins, They shall raise up the former desolations, And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations. –Is. 61:1-4 NKJV
- 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’” –Ez. 37:14 NKJV
- There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. –Rom 8:1-2 NKJV
- 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, –Acts. 3:19 NKJV
- 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.” –Mt. 18:32-35 NKJV
- 22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. –Col 3:22-24 NIV
- 5 Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; –Eph. 6:5 NKJV
- 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. –Rom. 12:9-17 NIV
- 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,And renew a steadfast spirit within me.11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,And sinners shall be converted to You.17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,A broken and a contrite heart—These, O God, You will not despise.–Ps. 51:6, 10-13, 17 NKJV
- 7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; –Ps. 19:7 NKJV
- As the deer pants for the water brooks,So pants my soul for You, O God.2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.When shall I come and appear before God? 3 My tears have been my food day and night,While they continually say to me,“Where is your God?”4 When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast. 5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. 6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me; Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, And from the heights of Hermon, From the Hill Mizar. –Ps. 42:1-6 NKJV
- Bless the Lord, O my soul;And all that is within me, bless His holy name!2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget not all His benefits: –Ps. 103:1-2 NKJV
- 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, –1 Pet. 2:2 NKJV
- 16 No one puts a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse.17 Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved. –Mt. 9:16-17 NKJV
- 23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. –1 Thes. 5:23 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. –Heb. 4:12 NKJV
- 21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. –Jam. 1:21 NKJV
- 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. –Mt. 11:28-30 NKJV
- 12 Sow for yourselves righteousness;Reap in mercy;Break up your fallow ground,For it is time to seek the Lord,Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.13 You have plowed wickedness;You have reaped iniquity.You have eaten the fruit of lies,Because you trusted in your own way,In the multitude of your mighty men. –Hos. 10:12-13 NKJV
- To break up the uncultivated, fallow ground of my heart and sow seeds of righteousness in good, noble soil, to bear 30, 60, or 100 fold.
- To allow Holy Spirit to take away a heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh where the Spirit can remove self-rule and self-idolatry and permit me to walk in God’s statues and know His judgments and experience an entire transformation of soul and total make-over of the heart.
- To allow the Sword of the Spirit to divide and separate any double-mindedness from a divided heart of disloyalty to Christ; to distinguish the soulish, self-life from the spiritual, new life created in Christ Jesus.
- To each day have God to search my heart, create a clean heart, and renew a right spirit in me; my heart and spirit be united.
- To engraft the word in a fixed position of solid soil in my heart and soul so that the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart are pleasing and acceptable in God’s sight.
- To not seek to save my (soulish-self-life) but to lose it to find my (Spiritual-new-life). (John 12:25)
- A NEW FAMILY and COMMUNITY
Ephesians 2:19 NIV
You are no longer foreigners and strangers,
but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household…
Acts 2:43-45 The Voice
The COMMUNITY continually committed themselves to learning what the apostles taught them, gathering for fellowship, breaking bread, and praying. Everyone felt a sense of awe because the apostles were doing many signs and wonders among them. There was an INTENSE SENSE OF TOGETHERNESS among all who believed; they shared all their material possessions in trust. They sold any possessions and goods THAT DID NOT BENEFIT THE COMMUNITY and used the money to help everyone in need.
General Direction: To understand that being born again means new birth into the Father’s family and a place in His household; that being a child of God means having fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters spiritually in Christ; that as God’s chosen people we are a new community, responsible for loving, sharing, caring, and helping one another; we are stewards and caretakers of one another as we do it unto Jesus.
- 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. –Heb. 10:24-25 NKJV
- 16 Do not neglect to do good, to contribute [to the needy of the church as an expression of fellowship], for such sacrifices are always pleasing to God. –Heb. 13:16 Amp.
- 12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. –1 Cor. 12:12, 27 NKJV
- 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. –Eph. 2:19-22 NIV
- As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. –Eph. 4:1-3 NIV
- 2 For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. –Deut. 14:2 NKJV
- 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: –Jn. 1:12 NKJV
- 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, –Rom. 8:14-16 NKJV
- 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, –2 Cor. 6:18 NKJV
- 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” –Gal. 4:5-6 NKJV
- 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. –Gal. 6:10 NKJV
- Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God![a] Therefore the world does not know us,[b] because it did not know Him. – 1 Jn. 3:1 NKJV
- 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. –1 Pet. 2:5 NKJV
- 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ –Mt. 25:40 NKJV
- 21 But He answered and said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.” –Lk. 8:21 NKJV
- 26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. –Lk. 14:26-27 NKJV
- 6 God sets the solitary in families;–Ps. 68:6 NKJV
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity!2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,Running down on the beard,The beard of Aaron,Running down on the edge of his garments.3 It is like the dew of Hermon,Descending upon the mountains of Zion;For there the Lord commanded the blessing—Life forevermore. –Ps. 133 NKJV
- 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; –1 Pet. 4:17 NIV
- 26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[a] here is your son,”27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. –Jn. 19:26-27 NIV
- 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. –Jn. 17:23 NKJV
- 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. –1 Pet. 2:5 NKJV
- To use freedom, not to serve ourselves, but to serve the family of God in love.
- To comprehend that when we are born again we are born into the Father’s family and became accepted in the Beloved and Members of His household.
- To understand that, having been adopted into God’s family, we have the privileges and inheritances that belong to Christ, as well as, the stewardship and responsibilities of being named with Christ and carrying His reputation and character.
- To understand our individual responsibility to crucify self-independence and become a servant to the new community in Christ and to remove anything in me that does not benefit the community for the greater good vs. personal gain.
- To know that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Unity and where the new community comes in alignment with His will and work there God will command HIs blessing.
- To understand that when we are bonded together in love the world will realize that the Father sent His son.
- To place a high priority on building up the body of Christ and being a caretaker of the household of faith.
- A NEW HOPE and FUTURE
Jeremiah 29:11 Amplified
For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE.
Isaiah 65:17-18 NKJV
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
General Direction: To learn to look forward with great expectations and preparing for the place prepared for us by Christ and heaven’s rewards; to live in such a way as to hear Him say “Well done, good and faithful servant”; to rejoice our names are in the Book of Life.
- 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. –Heb. 10:23 NIV
- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. –Heb. 11;1 NKJV
- 11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, –Heb. 6:11, 18-19 NIV
- 12 So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom. –Ps. 90:12 NKJV
- 16 Thus says the Lord:“Stand in the ways and see,And ask for the old paths, where the good way is,Then you will find rest for your souls.–Jer. 6:16 NKJV
- 62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” –Lk. 9:62 NKJV
- 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a]if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.” –Jn. 14:2-4 NKJV
- Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. –Col. 3:1-4 NIV
- Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” 5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” –Rev. 21:1-5 NKJV
- 11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous[a] still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” 12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments,[c] that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. –Rev. 12:11-14 NKJV
- 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[a] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
- 14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. –2 Pet. 3:11-14 NIV
- 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:11-14 NIV
- 11 In him we were also chosen,[a] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,–Eph. 1:11-14, 17-18 NIV
- 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. –Rom. 8:24-25 NKJV
- 8 He will swallow up death forever,And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces;The rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth;For the Lord has spoken. –Is. 25:8 NKJV
- 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”Says the Lord,“Though your sins are like scarlet,They shall be as white as snow;Though they are red like crimson,They shall be as wool.19 If you are willing and obedient,You shall eat the good of the land;20 But if you refuse and rebel,You shall be devoured by the sword”;For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. –Is. 1:18-20 NKJV
- 2 Behold, God is my salvation,I will trust and not be afraid;‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;He also has become my salvation.’”[a]
- 3 Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation. –Is. 12:2-3 NKJV
- 9 And they sang a new song, saying:“You are worthy to take the scroll,And to open its seals;For You were slain,And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,10 And have made us[a] kings[b] and priests to our God; And we[c] shall reign on the earth.” –Rev. 5:9-10 NKJV
- 9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” –Rev. 7:9-10 NKJV
- 5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?And why are you disquieted within me?Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. 11 Why are you cast down, O my soul?And why are you disquieted within me?Hope in God;For I shall yet praise Him,The help of my countenance and my God.–Ps. 42:5, 11 NKJV
- 7 That they may set their hope in God,And not forget the works of God,But keep His commandments; –Ps. 78:7 NKJV
- 28 The hope of the righteous will be gladness,But the expectation of the wicked will perish. –Pro. 10:28 NKJV
- 12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life. –Pro. 13:12 NKJV
- To yearn for Christ’s appearing and the Blessed Hope of His having us as His own prized possession, bought by His blood, and His eternal heritage.
- To ask for the eternal paths to walk in them where the good way is that leads us to the Father’s house and the place He has prepared for us to be with Him in heaven.
- To speed the day and rejoice that He will wipe away every tear and there will be no more sorrow, no more pain, no more death.
- To celebrate as the redeemed of the Lord that He will beautify the meek with salvation and make all things beautiful in His time as His handiwork.
- To rejoice that the former patterns and things under the curse will be gone forever and there will be no mourning of past pain, rejections, offenses, or losses.
- To look forward to the day when our faith will be made sight, we hold the nail scarred hands that held us and see our rewards and inheritance.
- To be eternally grateful that our names are inscribed into the Book of Life and we were saved from the hell we deserved because of the grace and mercy we didn’t deserve was received by believing in the finished work of Calvary.
- To live today with great expectations of a hope and a future planned for us in God’s purpose.