02 Nov R3 Online Prayer, CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD, November 1, 2017
Genesis 4:26 NKJV
Then men began TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD.
When God created man in His image and likeness He equipped him with the ability to communicate with Him personally and empowered him with creative force in his words. One of the Hebrew words used for the term “prayer” is “tefillah” which literally means: to judge or distinguish; to discern both good and evil; to articulate the truth. Genesis 2:7 is translated The LORD God…breathed into man’s nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. However, we learn from some of the earliest commentaries of the Talmud by Jewish Rabbis that the better rendering is that “man became the ‘speaking spirit’ or ‘the creature that prays’”. Later the word came to mean “adoration of the heart”. One of the most fundamental elements of our creation is the ability to articulate our thoughts and feeling into words. When the LORD God breathed into man the Hebrew word is used “naphach”; to blow, infuse, or impart. The same root word is used after Jesus had risen from the dead when Scripture says, “He breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’” (Jn. 20:22) The breath of God equates to life itself. Tefillah means that prayer becomes the place where deep calls to deep and worship becomes as natural as inhaling and exhaling. This makes more sense when we read, “Let everything that has breath, praise the LORD” (Ps. 150:6) and “Pray without ceasing”. (1 Thes. 5:17) Our Creator places in us as the objects of His affection the deepest longing of intimate communion along with the highest form of pleasure in the fulfillment of prayer.
Breath defines life. When a baby is born it signifies new life. When a soul passes from this life it is the sign of death. When we realize how the fall has affected the purpose and power of prayer we will come to recognize that it is the greatest conformation of communication and the best use of words.
From the earliest accounts of creation’s expanse we read “then man began to call upon the name of the LORD” (Gen. 4:26). Prayer is one of the most common themes threaded throughout Scripture and history. Prayer has a unique ring to it when it is vocalized through the voice of the righteous. We observe that it was the tone of prayer that matched the tune of heaven in the Upper Room. They were all in one place with one accord in prayer. The moment they struck the tone of agreement—the sound of heaven filled the room. It was in a prayer meeting that Pentecost came and unleashed the power of God that covered the earth and spanned time.
Noteworthy, is that it was corrupted communications at the Tower of Babel that God had to intervene to confuse their languages. Similarly, it was the words of worship that was the devils’ ultimate intent in the wilderness when tempting Jesus. God has intervened in the language of prayer. For then will I return to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD; to serve Him with one consent. (Zeph. 3:9) It is likewise noteworthy that the first two things to diminish when someone backslides is first their prayer language then their prayer life.
We possess a pure language when we “pray in the Spirit” both in tongues and prophetic understanding in known languages. Likewise prayer and worship are pristine when they emerge from the well of a pure heart for worship in spirit and truth.
Our purpose today is to recapture the original intention of “tefillah”. Not only is prayer the definition of life for us individually, it is the only hope we have collectively for our nation of people. Our endeavor is to strike the proper tone in prayer. A piano tuner tunes each key with a tuning fork. We are believing God to assist us spiritually to adjust the tone of agreement in our praying to match the sound of heaven. Hebrews 4:14 says, “Jesus is the Lord of our confession”. Therefore we will pray into five dimensions of calling on the Lord and confession in a pure language with a heart of devotion to serve the Lord with one consent.
- Communion with God
- To Make the Voice of His Praise be Heard
- To Give Power To God Alone
- To Judge with Righteousness
- To Call Things into Existence
- FOR COMMUNION WITH GOD
com•mun•ion (Hebrew, “dābar”);
to say or speak with; to praise, promise, or declare; to judge or distinguish; to interact at an intimate level of thoughts and feelings; the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ
Genesis 2:7 KJV
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and BREATHED INTO HIS NOSTRILS THE BREATH OF LIFE;
and man BECAME A LIVING SOUL.
Genesis 3:8, 10 KJV
And they HEARD THE VOICE OF THE LORD GOD WALKING IN THE GARDEN in the cool of the day:
and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And he said, I HEARD THY VOICE IN THE GARDEN…
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV
Rejoice always, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
General Direction: To rediscover the power of speech and the purpose of words given by Creator God; to learn the character of the heart regarding language; to recapture the reason we are “speaking spirits” that commune with God and our words are connectors, carriers and containers of life and death.
- 18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God. –Ex. 31:18 NKJV
- 3 But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly;The Lord will hear when I call to Him. 4 Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah 5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the Lord. –Ps. 4:3-5 NKJV
- 6 I call to remembrance my song in the night;I meditate within my heart, And my spirit makes diligent search. –Ps. 77:6 NKJV
- 16 Do not neglect to do good, to contribute [to the needy of the church as an expression of fellowship], for such sacrifices are always pleasing to God. –Heb. 13:16 NKJV
- 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. –Eph. 4:29 NKJV
- 8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. –Col. 3:8 NKJV
- 17 And He said to them, “What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?” –Lk. 24:17 NKJV
- 33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” –1 Cor. 15:33 NKJV
- 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? –1 Cor. 10:16 NKJV
- 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? –2 Cor. 6:14 NKJV
- 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. –1 Pet. 3:15-16 NIV
- 5 Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. –Col. 4:5-6 NKJV
- 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.—Jam. 3:2-12 NKJV
- For God’s people to rediscover the purpose of communion with God and walking with Him in the cool of the day.
- For us to recapture the power of Spirit-born-speech and His simplicity of devotion to Christ.
- For prayer to become as natural as breathing to those in covenant with the living God.
- For God’s people to rise the tide level of prayers to the point that we are praying without ceasing—walking, moving, breathing vessels of prayer.
- For God’s people to learn the skills of listening to the still small voice of God speaking to us.
- For God’s people to understand the power of life and death in the tongue and to put a filter on our words.
CALL UPON HIS NAME:
- Our Father which art in heaven – (Mt. 6:9)
- Abba, Father – (Rom. 8:14-16; Gal 4:4-7)
- Jeshua – (Jn. 14:13-14; Rev. 1:5-6, 8)
- Emmanuel – (Mt. 1:23; Is. 7:14)
- I AM – (Ex. 6:3-4; Jn. 8:58; Ex. 3:14)
- The Bread of life
- The Light of the World
- The Good Shepherd
- The Door
- The Way, Truth and Life
- The Resurrection and Life
- Advocate – (1 Jn. 2:1-2)
- Intercessor – (Heb. 7:25; Rom 8:31)
- TO MAKE THE VOICE OF HIS PRAISE TO BE HEARD
“voice” (Hebrew, “gôwl”);
To call out aloud or cry out; to articulate; to address express thoughts and feelings; to advocate on behalf of another; to sound a shofar; communicate; to vocalize
Psalm 66:1-2, 8 NKJV
Sing out the honor of His name; make His praise glorious. Say to God, “How awesome are your works!” Oh, bless our God you peoples! AND MAKE THIS VOICE OF HIS PRAISE TO BE HEARD.
Psalm 50: 6 NKJV
Let everything that has BREATH praise the LORD!
General Direction: To make the voice of God’s praise be heard and His praise to be glorious in our mouths; to realize the responsibility of the redeemed is to glorify God and worship Him in the beauty of holiness as a royal priesthood; to daily enthrone God in our praises.
- 40 But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out.” –Lk. 19:40 NKJV
- Lord, I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You. 2 Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. 3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. –Ps. 141:1-3 NKJV
- 21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord, And all flesh shall bless His holy name Forever and ever. –Ps. 145:21 NKJV
- 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” –Jn. 4:23-24 NKJV
- 2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy…8 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! –Ps. 107:2, 8 KJV
- Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come into His courts. 9 Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth. –Ps. 96:8-9 NKJV
- It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; 2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night, –Ps. 92:1-2 NKJV
- I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever; With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations. –Ps. 89:1 NKJV
- I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. –Ps. 34:1, 3 NKJV
- 25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” 27 The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken,let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.” –Ps. 12:15-29 NIV
- 15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. —Heb. 13:15 NIV
- That we were created as beings of worship and we will worship something.
- That all creation cries out to God, therefore, we being created in His image and likeness of God, are to live on a higher plain of praise.
- That everything that has been given breath is to praise God.
- That the will of God is to give thanks in everything and for the fruit of our lips to continually bless and thank the Lord.
- That we are never to mute our praise or keep silent in our worship but to make the voice of God’s praise to be heard.
- That we sing of God’s mercies new each morning and His faithfulness at night and make known with our mouth His goodness and faithfulness to all generations.
- That we rediscover the power of praise and the warfare of worship in laying siege on our enemies and setting ambushes on their encampments. (Ps. 27:1-6, 13-14; 149:1-9)
CALL UPON HIS NAMES:
- Jehovah-Rohi – My Shepherd – (Ps 23:1)
- Jehovah-Shammah – (Ez. 48:35; Ps. 46:1)
- Adonai – (Ps. 110:1; Acts 2:36)
- Elohim – (Gen. 1:1; Heb. 11:3)
- Lion of Judah – (Rev. 5:5)
- Lamb of God – (Jn. 1:29; Rev. 13:8)
- Great High Priest – (Heb. 4:14)
- I will call upon the LORD, Who is worthy to be praised. – (Ps. 18:3)
- I will praise Your name forever. – (Ps. 145:1-4)
- TO GIVE POWER TO GOD ALONE
“power” (Hebrew, “owz”);
to strengthen or gain strength; to give force; to enable or activate might; to be strong through surrender; to transfer reins of power
Examples: Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. (Eph. 6:10) That you might be…strengthened with all might according to His glorious power. (Col. 1:10-11)
Psalm 62:11 NKJV
God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: THAT POWER BELONGS TO GOD. Also, to You, O LORD belongs mercy.
Matthew 6:13 b NKJV
For Yours is the kingdom and THE POWER and the glory forever. Amen.
General Direction: To understand that God is all-powerful, we do not give Him power but authorizes His power over us; with our words and will we enable or transfer the reins of power to rule over us—divine or devilish—darkness or light; that Jesus will be the Lord of our confession.
- 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. –Rom. 10:9-10 NKJV
- 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us oursins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. –1 Jn. 1:9 NKJV
- 2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger. –Ps. 8:2 NKJV
- Give unto the Lord, O you mighty ones, Give unto the Lordglory and strength. 2 Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. –Ps. 29:1-2 NKJV
- 16 and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise’?” –Mt. 21:16 NKJV
- 3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. 4 I cried to the Lord with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah –Ps. 3:3-4 NKJV
- 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.” 17 Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.” 18 “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord” –2 Cor. 6:14-18 NKJV
- 8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession. –Ps. 2:8 NKJV
- 3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ –Jer. 33:3 NKJV
- 17 ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. –Jer. 32:17, 27 NKJV
- 9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.” 12 saying with a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!” 13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” –Rev. 5:9-10, 12-13 NKJV
- 9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying: “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” –Rev. 7:9-12 NKJV
- 3 They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: “Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints! 4 Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgments have been manifested.” –Rev. 15:3-4 NKJV
- After these things I heard]a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God! 2 For true and righteous are His judgments…-Rev. 19:1-2a NKJV
- 11 Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their glorious God for worthless idols. 13 “My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water. 19 Your wickedness will punish you your backsliding will rebuke you. Consider then and realize how evil and bitter it is for you when you forsake the Lord your God and have no awe of me,” declares the Lord, the Lord –Jer. 2:11, 13, 19 NIV
- 6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” 12 So when Peter saw it, he responded to the people: “Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? –Acts 3:6, 12 NKJV
- 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic…Mk. 2:10 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This isthe word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. –Zech. 4:6 NKJV
- 14 Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region. –Lk. 4:14 NKJV
- 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. –Lk. 10:19 NKJV
- 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.” –Jn. 10:18 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts 1:8 NKJV
- 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ –Acts 26:18 NKJV
- 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. –2 Cor. 4:7 NKJV
- 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, –2 Thes. 2:9 NKJV
- 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. –2 Tim.1:7 NKJV
- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! – 2 Tim. 3:5 NKJV
- 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. –1 Pet. 1:5 NKJV
- 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, –2 Pet. 1:3 NKJV
- 25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. –Jude 25 NKJV
- 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations— –Rev. 2:26 NKJV
- 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. –Col. 2:15 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. –Heb. 4:12 NKJV
- 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, –Heb. 6:5 NKJV
- To never give power to superstitions, lies, deception, curses, or idols.
- To realize that what we confess, profess, and praise is given power over us whether divine or devil, dark or light.
- To comprehend that with our words and worship we give power to God to be the Lord of our confession. (Heb. 4:14)
- To set a watch over our words and worship that we create no idol but that God and God alone holds our trust, adoration, and confession with conviction.
- To understand the power of words and power of crying out to our God for His ears are attentive to the righteous.
- To give God the reins of power by the surrender of our will to His.
- To find power in grace, strength in weakness, and enablement of God to do all things thorough Christ.
- To comprehend that we have been given power and authority over the enemy to cast out devils, undo heavy yokes, relieve the oppressed, set the captive free, open prison doors, and mend the brokenhearted, binding up their wounds, and give beauty for ashes.
CALL UPON HIS NAME:
- Jehovah-Jireh – (Gen. 22:14)
- Jehovah-Rapha – (Ex. 15:26; Is. 53:5)
- Jehovah-Nissi – (Ex. 17:14-16; Ps. 118:6)
- Jehovah-Shalom – (Jdgs. 6:23-24; Rom. 16:20)
- God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ – (Gen. 28:13; Eph. 1:17)
- TO JUDGE WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS
“judge” (Hebrew, “shaphat”);
to differentiate or distinguish; discerning; to deliver judgment; to vindicate or validate; to decide or determine; to declare or count as worthy
Isaiah 11:3-4a NKJV
His delight is in the fear of the Lord,
And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
But with RIGHTEOUSNESS HE SHALL JUDGE…
1 John 4:17 NKJV
…As He is in this world, so are we in this world.
General Direction: To understand that we are created as “speaking spirits” and/or the “creature that prays” and we are granted the ability to differentiate, distinguish, and discern with our words that we are responsible and accountable for all our words.
- 18 Then you shall again discern Between the righteous and the wicked, Between one who serves God And one who does not serve Him.–Mal. 3:18 NKJV
- 11 So that men will say, “Surely there is a reward for the righteous;Surely He is God who judges in the earth.” –Ps. 58:11 NKJV
- 17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end. 18 Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors. 23 Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. 24 You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. 26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.–Ps. 73:17-19, 23-26, 28 NKJV
- 23 “And they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean. –Ezk. 44:23 NKJV
- 17 And the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing…23 And Abraham came near and said, “Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked? –Gen. 18:17, 23 NKJV
- 12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. –2 Chron, 7:12-15 NKJV
- 164 Seven times a day I praise You, Because of Your righteous judgments. –Ps. 119:164 NKJV
- 6 The Lord executes righteousness And justice for all who are oppressed. 7 He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel. –Ps. 103:6-7 NKJV
- 3 He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. –Ps. 23:3 NKJV
- 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them. –Mt. 7:17-20 NKJV
- 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. –2 Cor. 4:18 NKJV
- 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. –1 Thes. 5:19-21 NKJV
- My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. 8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.—Jam. 2;1, 8, 12-13 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. –Heb. 4:12 NIV
- 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. –Heb. 5:12-14 NKJV
- “Judge not, that you be not judged.2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. –Mt. 7:1-5 NKJV
- 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. –Rom 14:4, 7-8 NKJV
- “Cry aloud, spare not;Lift up your voice like a trumpet;Tell My people their transgression,And the house of Jacob their sins. 4 Indeed you fast for strife and debate,And to strike with the fist of wickedness.You will not fast as you do this day,To make your voice heard on high. 9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ “If you take away the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, 10 If you extend your soul to the hungry And satisfy the afflicted soul, Then your light shall dawn in the darkness, And your darkness shall be as the noonday. 11 The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. –Is. 58:1, 4, 9-11 NKJV
- 20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! –Is. 5:20 NKJV
- 17 Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise,And apply your heart to my knowledge;18 For it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you;
Let them all be fixed upon your lips, 19 So that your trust may be in the Lord; I have instructed you today, even you. 20 Have I not written to you excellent things Of counsels and knowledge, 21 That I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth, That you may answer words of truth
To those who send to you? –Pro. 22:17-21 NKJV
- 3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. –Ps. 141:3 NKJV
- 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. –Ps. 19:14 NKJV
- hen He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’” 6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said.7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” –Lk. 18:1-8 NKJV
- For our judgment to be inspectors of fruit for by their fruits you shall know them. (Mt. 7:15-20)
- For the redeemed to not judge according to the flesh or outward appearances but by the Spirit, the Word, and the heart.
- For God’s people to, by use of the word, grow to maturity and learn to distinguish between both good and evil.
- For the people of God to understand that the judgment outside of God’s word will be the judgement weighed against us and we are to never take the place of the Judge of all things—God.
- For leaders to comprehend that we are to teach God’s people to distinguish between holy and unholy, common and uncommon, and to call things as they are according to His will and word.
- For God’s people to discover that, being created in the image and likeness of our God, means we can judge His character and nature.
- For God’s people to put a filter over our words and let our “yes” be “yes” and “no” be “no” and to allow our hearts to heal and be seasoned with grace.
- For the people of God to understand the life and death of word’s power and that we are responsible and accountable for every word we speak.
CALL UPON HIS NAME:
- Holy One – (Is. 47:4; 1 Jn. 2: 20)
- Jehovah-Tsidqenu – (Righteousness) — (Rom. 4:13-25; Jer. 23:6)
- Jehovah-M’Kaddesh – (Sanctifier) — (Lev. 20:7-8; 1 Cor. 1:30)
- Jehovah-Hosneu – (Creator of heavens and earth) — (Ps. 124:18; 4:11)
- Righteous Judge – (Gen. 18:25; Rev. 19:11)
- Jehovah-Quanna – (Jealous God) – (Ex. 20:5; Jn. 2:13-17)
- TO CALL THINGS INTO EXISTENCE
“call” (Hebrew, “qâra”);
to call out to cry; to name or be named; to confess or profess; to proclaim or pronounce; to summon by name; to articulate; divine communication where deep calls to deep; to call out with purpose or for help; to establish or determine
Hebrews 11:3 NKJV
By faith we understand that the WORLDS WERE FRAMED BY THE WORD OF GOD,
so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
Romans 4:17 NKJV
“I have made you a father of many nations,” in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and CALLS THOSE THINGS WHICH DO NOT EXIST AS THOUGH THEY DID.
General Direction: To understand that God’s words in His mouth are the same in our mouths; to know that God’s ears are attentive to our calls and that our words possess creative force to frame worlds, reverse curses, remove mountains, and release the will and Word of God.
- 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. –Jn. 6:63 NKJV
- 4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.”’ 9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.–Ezk. 37:4-6 , 9-10 NKJV
- 20 A man’s stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; From the produce of his lips he shall be filled. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. –Prov. 18:20-21 NKJV
- 18 And the LordGod said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” 19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. –Gen. 2:18-20 NKJV
- 24 Then you call on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord; and the God who answers by fire, He is God.” So all the people answered and said, “It is well spoken.” –1 Kgs. 18:24 NKJV
- 3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. –Heb. 11:3 NKJV
- …Then God said, “Let there be light”…–Gen. 1:1-25 NKJV
- 22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. 25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” –Mk. 11:22-26 NKJV
- 19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. –Jam. 1:19-20 NKJV
- 8 The words of a talebearer are like tasty trifles, And they go down into the inmost body. –Prov. 18:8 NKJV
- 20 Where there is no wood, the fire goes out;And where there is no talebearer, strife ceases. 21 As charcoal is to burning coals, and wood to fire, So is a contentious man to kindle strife. 22 The words of a talebearer are like tasty trifles, And they go down into the inmost body. –Pro. 26:20-22 NKJV
- 34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the Day of Judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” –Mt. 12:34-37 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts.
7 ‘Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’” Zech. 4:6-7 NKJV
- 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” –Jn. 11:43 NKJV
- 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): –Rom. 10:8 NKJV
- 13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,”we also believe and therefore speak…2 Cor. 4:13 NKJV
- 10 Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’” –Joel 3:10 NKJV
- 9 For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things. 10 Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices. 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. –2 Cor. 2:9-11, 14 NKJV
- To realize the distinct power of calling on the name of the Lord.
- To know that God said His ears attentive to our cries.
- To understand that God has gifted us with a creative force in our words.
- To comprehend that we have the privilege of being God’s voice and preaching God’s words as those created in His image and likeness and in covenant with Him as co-heirs with Christ.
- To rediscover that we can speak to mountains, pronounce blessings and curses, plant, water, and reap and frame worlds with our words.
- To recapture the wonder of calling on the name of the Lord and having deep call to deep in the realms of the spirit world and inner man.
- To rediscover the power of confessing, professing, and establishing things that are not as though they were.
CALL UPON THE NAME:
- EL SHADDAI (Uncreated God, ALL Sufficient) – (Ex. 17:1-2)
- El ELYON (Most High God) – (Is. 14:13-14)
- Jehovah – Eloheenu (The LORD our God) – (Ex. 33:13)
- Jehovah – Gmolah (The LORD who rewards) – (Heb. 11:6)
- Jehovah – Elohay (The Lord secures His promise) – (Zech. 14:16; Is. 22:22-23)