01 Feb Online Prayer Outline February 1, 2017
Lord, teach us to pray
After this manner therefore you should pray:
Matthew 6:9-13 KJV
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Today we are praying into the words of the Lord spoken in the house during the Champion’s/R3 Summit.
As we learned, the Lord’s Prayer was the only prayer Jesus gave us to specifically articulate. It also covers every major facet of life as those living under the Heavenly Father’s tutelage.
His Prayer was intended to be prayed as is specified, but also, its seven points where meant to be unfolded and examined as one who studies to show themselves approved to God as rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Often a Jewish Rabbi would give highlights in his teachings that were intended to be searched out and made room for. (Jn. 5:39-40; 8:36-37; Acts 17:11)
Praying through the Lord’s Prayer is like running a long distance race. The Alaskan Iditarod is a good word picture here. One person ushers a dog sled team over rough wilderness terrain for 938 miles taking almost two weeks to complete. Every team has demarcations times during the route from Seward to Nome, Alaska. This is to let them KNOW WHERE THEY ARE in progress to the Finish. Of course it does not take two weeks to pray but it does demand a thorough unpacking of intentionally knowing what the prayer means and how to live it out.
Jesus said, “After this manner pray” meaning in this way or along this direction. As we journey together along the path set before us we will explore the seven spiritual landmarks taught by Jesus. Let’s touch in agreement on each demarcation and blend our beliefs into behavior as we flesh out what we pray today.
7 Facets of Living A Full Life in the Father
- Knowing The PERSON of the Father
- Knowing The PRAISE of the Father
- Knowing The PURPOSE of the Father
- Knowing The PROVISION of the Father
- Knowing The PARDON of the Father
- Knowing The PROTECTION of the Father
- Knowing The PREEMINENCE of the Father
MILE MARKER #1: KNOWING THE PERSON OF THE FATHER
OUR FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN… (Matt. 6:9 KJV)
Without faith it is impossible to please God,
for he who comes to God must believe that HE IS,
and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Heb. 11:6 NKJV)
- Acknowledge that He is or that He exists and that He is the Father of us all via the Blood Covenant of the Son.
- Acknowledging we can come before Him as sons and daughters redeemed and have favor.
- Our favor with Him is based on the merit of the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God.
He who knew no sin, became sin…we are the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21)
- Our Father is “in heaven” meaning He is above all things; outside of time and circumstances; has an eternal perspective on past, present, and future; being in heaven, He is the center of the universe around which everything else revolves.
- Abba, Father, the name by which the Lord God most desires to be known by and the one subject Jesus addressed more than any other subject while He was on the earth. Abba is a term of endearment and intimacy that a little child would use. Similar to our usage of “daddy” or “papa”. This is how the Father longs to be related to more than any other attribute as God.
Scripture: 2 Cor. 5:17; Rom. 6:1-14; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 1:8; Eph. 4:20-24; Col. 2:13-15; Col. 3:1-3; Heb. 2:14-18; 1 Pet. 1:3-5; 1 Jn. 1:7, 9
MILE MARKER #2: KNOWING THE PRAISE OF THE FATHER
Hallowed be thy name. (V.9)
Come before His presence with singing, know that the LORD He is God, it is He that had made us, and not we ourselves, we are His people,
and the sheep of His pasture, Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful to Him, and BLESS HIS NAME. (Ps. 100:2-4)
Holy Father, KEEP THROUGH YOUR OWN NAME, those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as we are. (Jn. 17:11)
O magnify the LORD with me, let us EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER. (Ps. 34:3)
- I AM – I will be; the Lord who was, and is, and is to come; the God who is able to be.
- El Shaddai – The God who is more than enough.
- Lord of Hosts – The Captain of heaven’s armies.
- The Living God – the Lord who is ever-living and who is abundant life Himself.
- Yah Veh – M’KADDESH – the Lord who sanctifies. (Who will accomplish what concerns us)
- Yah Veh- SHALOM – The Lord our peace. (Who is the integrity of our wholeness and sound mind)
- Yah Veh – ROHI – the Lord our shepherd. (Provides for and Protects His flock)
- Yah Veh Jireh –The Lord who sees and provides. (The Father who already knows what we have need of)
- Yah Veh Hosneu –The Lord God Creator of all things. (The Mind of Intelligent Design and Redeemer of all mankind)
- Yah Veh Elohay –The Lord who secures the promise. (The One who nailed the Promise to a tree and will return again)
- El ELYON –The Most High God; Highly Exalted One.
- Jesus, Son of the Living God – Yah Veh is salvation, the church’s foundation and battering ram against the gates of hell. (“Revelationship”—revelation of the relationship we have with the Heavenly Father.)
- Emmanuel – God with us, God for us, God around us, God in us. (Col. 1:27; Rom. 8:31 ff)
- Shepherd and Bishop of our souls—Caretaker and overseer of the inner world of the saints.
Scripture: Deut. 5:11; Deut. 28:58; Ex. 34:14; Ex. 3:10-12, 14; Pro. 18:10; Ps. 105: 1; Ps. 116: 13; Ps. 69:30)
MILE MARKER #3: KNOWING THE FATHER’S PURPOSE
THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE… (V. 10)
- The Transfer of reins of power from self-rule to God’s rule. (Lk. 22:42)
- Yourself personally. (Deut. 10:12; Is. 66:2; Mic. 6;8; Jn. 3:30; Rom. 12:1-2; Lk. 9:23-24; Gal. 2:20-21; Eph. 1:17-23; Col. 3:1-3)
- Your family: marriage, children, and grandchildren. (Eph. 6:1-8; Phil. 4:6; Jam. 5:16; 2 Pet. 3:9; 1 Jn. 5:14-15; Is. 59:1)
- Your church: pastors, leadership team, and congregation, footprint in the community; “How beautiful are the FEET of them that bring Good News…” (Is. 52:7; 1 Tim. 2:1-2; 2 Chron. 7:14)
- Local, state, and federal governments, educational, and marketplace leadership.
CONCENTRIC CIRCLES – Acts 1:8
Jerusalem – city
Judea – state
Samaria – nation
Uttermost parts of the earth – nations of the earth
2. The Gospel of the kingdom preached as a witness to all the nations. (Matt. 24:14)
- Lord of the harvest to raise up and send out laborers. (Jn. 4:34-38; Lk. 10:2; Num. 15:48; Ezk. 22:30; Joel 3:14)
- Christian missionaries – globally. (Is. 49:6; Mt. 28:18-20; Mk. 16:15-20; Acts 1:8; Acts 13:47; Acts 26: 17-18; Dan. 2:49)
- Persecuted church and suffering saints around the world.
- My house shall be called a House of Prayer for ALL nations. (Mk. 11:17)
- Ask of Me and I will give you the nations (Ps. 2:8)
- Revival: I will shake the nations, and the desire of nations shall come. (Hag. 2:7)
- Reformation: In the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. (Hab. 2:4)
3. Waiting on the Lord; promised Isaacs, not Ishmaels (Heb. 10:35-36; Is. 40:31)
MILE MARKER #4: KNOWING THE FATHER’S PROVISION
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. (V. 11)
- Jesus said “My food is to do the will of the Father and to finish His work.” (Jn. 4:34)
- Specific needs: You have not because you ask not. (Jam. 4:2-3; Mk. 11:24; Jn. 15:7)
- Wisdom in decision-making. (Jam. 1:5)
- Discernment in relationships. (Heb. 5:16)
- Grace to empower purpose. (Phil. 2:12-13)
- Food, clothing, shelter. (Matt. 6;25-34; 7:7-11)
- Receiving daily revelation with application of the Word. (Fresh Bread) Man shall not live by bread alone… (Matt. 4:4)
- Being refilled with the Holy Spirit’s power sufficient to the day. (Fresh Water) (Acts 1:8; Eph. 5:15-18; Jn. 4:10-14; Jer. 2:13)
- Specific needs: You have not because you ask not. (Jam. 4:2-3; Mk. 11:24; Jn. 15:7)
MILE MARKER #5: KNOWING THE FATHER’S PARDON
AND FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, AS WE HAVE ALSO FORGIVEN OUR DEBTORS. (v.12)
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if you will not forgive men of their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matt. 6:14-15)
- God to forgive you. (1 Jn. 1:7,9; Heb. 10:17)
- God to restore our soul. (Ps. 23:3) (fear, rejection, depression, shame, orphaned-heart, woundedness, broken heartedness)
- You forgive as you have been forgiven. (Mk. 11:25; Lk. 17:3; 2 Cor. 2:10-11; Eph. 4:26-27; 4: 32; Col. 3:13)
- Set your will to walk in forgiveness. (Matt. 18:23-35; Ps. 145:8; Lk. 6:36; Mk. 11:25)
- Position yourself to be a “Peacemaker” and “minister of reconciliation”. (Mt. 5:9; Jam. 3:13-18; 2 Cor. 4:18-20)
MILE MARKER #6: KNOWING THE FATHER’S PROTECTION
AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL… (v. 13)
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Jam. 1:13-17
- The weapons of our warfare. (2 Cor. 10:3-6)
- Greater is He in us—destroy the works of the evil one. (1 Jn. 3:8; 4:4)
- No weapon formed against us shall prosper. (Is. 54:17)
- If God be for us (Rom. 8:31ff)—More than conquerors. (Rom. 8:37-39)
- God is our refuge, fortress, and strong tower. (Ps. 33:20; 27:1; 91:2; 84: 9, 11; Prov. 18:10)
- Put on the Whole Armor of God. (Eph. 6:10-18)
- Overcome by The Blood of Jesus and Word of our Testimony. (Rev. 12:11)
- The name of Jesus. (Jn. 14:13-14; Phi. 2: 9-11)
- We are always led in triumphal procession. (2 Cor. 2:14-16; Col. 2:15; Lk. 10:19)
MILE MARKER #7: KNOWING THE FATHER’S PREEMINENCE
FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM AND THE POWER AND THE GLORY. FOREVER (v. 13)
Be anxious for NOTHING but in EVERYTHING,
by PRAYER and PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God which transcends, understanding
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7 NIV
- Yours is the Kingdom
- We will seek Your kingdom first and stand in your eternal rulership without end. (Matt. 6:33)
- Yours is the Power (Give power to no one or anything else; Superstitions, lucky stars or rabbit’s foot, fortune cookies, wishing wells, “knock on wood”, broken mirrors, black cats, etc.…) (See Prov. 26:2)
- From the ends of the earth I call to you.
…lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Find rest, O my soul, IN GOD ALONE; my hope comes from him. He ALONE is my rock and my salvation HE IS MY FORTRESS (ONLY), I will not be shaken.
…You (ALONE), O God, are strong and you are lovely, surely (ONLY) you will reward each person according to what he has done. (Ps. 61:2; 62: 1-2, 11-12)
- Yours is the Glory: (Jer. 9:23-24; Jn. 14:13; 1 Cor. 10:31; Jn. 4: 23-24)
- We will be like the one who returned to give glory.
Was no one found to return and give glory to God, except this one? (Lk. 17:11-21)
Scripture: Jer. 9:24; Jn. 14:13; 1 Cor. 10:31; Eph. 3:20-21; Jn. 4:23-24
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
(Eph. 3:20-21 NKJV)
*This Prayer Guide was developed by Pastor Bill Davis using excerpts from Morning Devotions from The School of Wisdom and Could You Not Tarry One Hour? Manual