11 Jan Awakening Champions Day 8 – AWAKENING RESTORATION
“Behold, I make all things new.”—Jesus
the action of returning something to its former owner or original condition; to return; to reinstate;
to recover or refresh; to make complete, finish, perfect; to mend or repair; to restore to the beginning and make new again
Restoration is the ultimate intention of God. He is a God of Restoration from Genesis to Revelation! From where the Bible says “In the beginning God”-to- “Behold, I make all things new”, the Restoration plan for man is the process that came from Jesus, through Jesus, and to Jesus completed. At the end Jesus will return or restore the kingdom of His Father to Him.
“Then comes the end, when (Jesus) shall deliver up the Kingdom of God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule, authority, and power.” (1 Cor. 15:24) By knowing the end from the beginning we have both confidence in God’s faithfulness, as well as, a joy in knowing the end of our faith.
Tonight we conclude our 8 Days of Prayer and Fasting by focusing on AWAKENING RESTORATION. Someone once wrote. “Find out where God is working and join Him there.” Our endeavor is to spend ourselves working where God is on record as already at present. Here is where we place the “Under Construction” sign.
Four specific areas of working to restore the kingdom of heaven to earth.
I. Restoration of the FOUNDATIONS –Refreshing the Spirit of the Church
II. Restoration of the WALLS and GATES – Restoring the Soul of the Church
III. Restoration of the HOUSE – Renewing the Mind of the Church
IV. Restoration of the PATHWAYS – Replenishing the Body of the Church
As we pray into each of these dimensions let us remember that each member of the body makes up the whole being. Let’s believe individually for each of us and by faith believe into these promises for the body collectively. The Bible makes clear that there are separate parts that make up the whole. Let’s both pray for the body of the believer, as well as, the body of believers together.
And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through….
…and make you pure and wholly consecrated for God;
and may your spirit and soul and mind and body be preserved (restored) sound and complete…
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
1 Thes. 5:23
Likewise, our love is also defined in these four dimensions.
You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart,
with ALL your soul,
with ALL your mind,
and with ALL your strength.
Mt. 22:37-40; Mk. 12:30
I. RESTORATION of the FOUNDATIONS – Refreshing The Spirit of the Church
And they that shall be of you shall
build the old waste places: you shall raise up and you shall be the
RESTORER OF FOUNDATIONS OF MANY GENERATIONS
and you shall be called, The repairer of the breach,
The restorer of paths to dwell in. (Is. 58:12)
When the foundations are being destroyed what can the righteous do? (Ps. 11:3)
- Restoration of the foundation of repentance and righteousness. (Is. 30:15; Ps. 23:3)
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. (Acts 3:19 NKJV)
- Restoration of the foundations of apostolic and prophetic leadership.
Having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone. (Eph. 2:20)
- Restoration of the foundations of Biblical Marriage. (Gen. 2:24-25, Eph. 5:22, 33)
- Restoration of the foundations of Biblical Family. (Eph. 6:1-4; Col. 3:18-21; Mal. 2:13-16)
- Restoration of the foundations of the Church. (Mt. 21:42; Acts 4:11; Eph. 2:20; 1 Pet. 2:6-7; Matt. 15:13-18)
- Restoration of the foundations of Health/Prosperity.
Stretch forth your hand…and it was restored whole. (Matt. 12:13) (Restored hands to work)
Blind eyes opened. (Mk. 8:25) (Eyes to see 20/20 vision again)
Soul/ health. (3 Jn. 2)
- Restoration of the foundations of generations.
Household of faith. (Gal. 6:10)
Household of God. (Mal. 2:14-16)
Blessings of 1,000s generations. (Ex. 20:4-6)
- Exchange former things for New Things; Put off old self/Put on new self. (Is. 43:18-19; Eph. 4:20-24; Col. 3:1-4)
II. RESTORATION of the WALLS AND GATES – Restoring The Soul of the Church
Book of Nehemiah
Let us rise up and build…the GATES and WALLS of Jerusalem…
for the people had a mind to work…each one built on the wall with one hand they worked on construction
and with the other held a weapon. (Neh. 3:17-18; 4:6, 16-17)
WALLS Represent: God as Refuge, Fortress, Shield, or Defense, Strong Tower, Safety and Security of His name and presence.
GATES Represent: The seats of authority, storehouse of power, and warehouse of 5 –fold leadership.
- The Soul of the Church to be restored (Individually and corporately).
He restoreth my soul. (Ps. 23:3)
- Will Gate – Individually/Corporately:
- Nevertheless, not as I will, but thy will be done.
- I came to do My Father’s will and finish His work.
- No one can by My disciple unless he deny himself and take up his cross.
- Not anyone who says Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom—but he who does the will of My Father.
- Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth.
- Intellectual Gate – Individually/Corporately:
Spirit of wisdom and revelation in knowledge of Him. (Eph. 1:17-18; Phil. 2:5; 1 Cor. 2:9-16)
Emotional Gate – Individually/Corporately:
The mature….who have reason of use have trained their senses to discern what good and evil. (Heb. 5:14 NIV)
- WALLS Restored:
- Word of Spirit and truth in worship. (Jn. 4:23-24; Ps. 86:11-13)
- Will of God in practice. (Matt. 7:21; Rom. 12:1-2)
- Work of the Holy Spirit in fruit. (Gal. 5:16-26; Matt. 7:15-21)
- Way of holiness and prayer in reality. (Is. 59:1-2; 16-17; 55:8; Heb. 12:14)
- Warfare of worship and waiting; “one hand to work, other to war” (Neh. 4:16-17); “two-edged sword in hand” (Ps. 149:6).
III. RESTORATION of the HOUSE OF HABITATION –Renewing the Mind of the Church
Consider your ways.
Go up to the mountain, and bring wood,
and BUILD THE HOUSE;
and I will find pleasure in it,
and I will be glorified, says the LORD. (Hag. 1:7-8)
Where is the HOUSE THAT YOU BUILD UNTO ME? Where is the PLACE OF MY REST? (Is. 66:1)
In Whom the WHOLE BUILDING IS JOINED TOGETHER
and it rises to BECOME A HABITATION OF GOD THROUGH THE SPIRIT. (Eph. 2:22)
- Repentance in attempting to build the house in natural/man’s abilities. (Is. 47: 10; Zech. 4:6; Jn. 6:63)
- Leadership to use living stones not man-made bricks to build. (1 Pet. 2:5; Jn. 6:63)
- Count the cost and pay the price. (1 Cor. 16:13-14; Lk. 4:26-33)
- Leaders and people who have the qualities God is looking for. (Is. 66:1-2; Ps. 51:15-17)
- Leaders/Saints who will build with clean hands/pure hearts. (Ps. 51:6; 10-12; 19:14; 24:3-10; 139: 23-24)
- Establish God’s throne through the praises He inhabits. (Ps. 22:3)
- Finishing anointing to completely restore the house. (1 Kgs. 9:25)
- The people of God to have a “mind to work” to work. (1 Chron. 28:9; Neh. 4:6; Acts 2:42-47)
- The church to be transformed by the renewing of their minds (individually/corporately). (Rom. 12:2; Eph. 4:23-24)
IV. RESTORATION of the PATHS TO WALK IN – Replenishing The Body of the Church
Those from among you shall
build the old waste places:
And you shall be called…
THE RESTORER OF STREETS TO DWELL IN. (Is. 58:12 NKJV)
You will show me the PATHS OF LIFE. (Ps. 16:11a)
Lead me in the PATHS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS… (Ps. 23:3b)
- The church to restore the pathways of righteousness—just live by faith. (Rom. 3:21-26; 2 Cor. 5:21)
- The church to restore the highway of holiness. (Is. 35:8; Heb. 12: 14-15)
- The church to leave no place for the enemy to return. (Ps. 9:3-4)
- The church to restore the joy of their salvation so that she can teach and convert sinners. (Ps. 51:12-13)
- The church provide a “resting place” for the Ark of God’s presence. (Ps. 132:8-9)
- The church to walk with God as Enoch did. (Heb. 11:5-6; Gen. 5:21-24)
- The church to walk in the Spirit. (Gal. 5:16-25)
- The Body of Christ to be built up. (Rom. 12:4-21; 1 Cor. 12:12-31; Eph. 4:1-16) (corporately)
- The Body of Christ to prosper and be in health. (3 Jn. 2; Rom. 8:11) (physically/corporately)
Declarations of Restoration
As we close I want us to agree together in speaking God’s Word because the Bible addresses our confessions and declarations..
- Let the redeemed of the Lord SAY SO. (Ps. 107:2)
- I WILL SAY OF THE LORD, He is my refuge, and my fortress. (Ps. 91:1-23)
- Let the week say I am strong.
- Whosoever shall SAY TO THE MOUNTAIN, be removed. (Mk. 11:23-24)
- The power of life and death are in the tongue. (Prov. 18:21) And THEY THAT LOVE IT SHALL EAT ITS FRUIT.
- Calls those things which are not as though they were…Because we being fully persuaded that, what He has promised, He was also able to perform. (Rom. 4:17-18)
- If you confess with your mouth –Jesus is Lord you shall be saved (Rom. 10:9-10)
- If we confess our sins He is faithful to forgive us (1 Jn. 1:8)
Repeat these Promises after me:
- I am a new creation in Christ Jesus.
- I am not my own—I’ve been bought with a price— I belong to Christ—I am the Temple of the Holy Spirit!
- I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places!
- I am forgiven and my sins have been washed away by the blood of Jesus!
- I am accepted in the Beloved—I am my Beloved’s and He is mine!
- I am more than a conquer in Christ—and greater is He who is in me than He that is in the world!
- I am confident of this very thing that He who began a good work in me will complete it!
- I am healed by the strips of Jesus, I am delivered and made free by Truth –He who the Son sets free indeed!
- I am redeemed—I am chosen—I am changed—I can do all things through Christ!
- I have all God’s promises—they are “Yes and Amen”—He will perfect that which concerns me—From this day till I die –My confession is:
- I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation A special person belonging to my God—as I show forth the praises of Him who called me out of darkness into His marvelous light!