06 Jan Awakening Champions Day 3 – AWAKENING COVENANT
(Knowing who you belong to)
“ARISE [FROM the depression and prostration in which
circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]!
Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord),
for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!”
Isaiah 60:1 Amplified
“Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is in the LORD.” (Jer. 17:7)
“I will establish my covenant…” Genesis 6:18
an agreement or compact; commitment; a bond; a pledge or promise; a coming together
(Vine’s expository Dictionary)
The God we worship and serve is a Covenant God. It is essential as God’s chosen to understand purposes and provisions of covenant. God does nothing in His redemptive plan for man outside of covenant-making accounts.
Tonight we will explore these amazing promises as we pray through Awakening Covenant (knowing whom you belong to). If it is essential to the God of Covenant it is essential to us to know what it means and how it works for our benefit. The common thread woven through Scripture is that covenant unlocks the promises to those who love and fear the Lord, walk in His ways, and keep His commandments.
As we pray through various passages of Scripture let’s ask God to reveal Himself in His covenant with us and let‘s determine to respond correctly in order to appropriate His presence, power, peace, and promises. God has gone on record to saying that:
- I will remember My covenant. (Ex. 6:5-6)
- I will not forget My covenant. (Deut. 4:30)
- I will not break My covenant. ( Ps. 89:34)
The highest form of our agreement with our Covenant God is written in Deut. 6:5-6 Amplified:
“and you shall love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all you might. And these words which I am commanding (covenanting) you this day shall be first in your [own] minds and hearts;” (a.k.a. the Shema in Hebrew)
It is to this end we pray to AWAKEN COVENANT!
God the Father is our Covenant-Maker
Father reveals to us that:
- Show us that you bless us to be fruitful, multiply, replenish, subdue, and fill the earth. (Gen. 1:26-27; 3:15)
- Shows us that Christ fully blessed us as Abraham’s seed. (Gen 12:2-3; 15:1)
- Show us that our awe and reverence for You unlocks your covenant-promise for us. (Psa. 89:7)
- So us that your covenant is sealed and securely waiting for us to agree. (Heb. 10:16-17)
God the Father is our Covenant-Keeper
Father reminds us that:
- You keep Your Word/Your covenant You will not break. (Psa. 89:34 NIV)
- You promised to place Your laws in our minds and write them on our hearts—that You alone are our God and we are Your people. (Heb. 8:10-12)
God the Father Reveals Himself through His Covenant Names
Father give us revelation of who your names reveal you as: (Ps. 13:5)
- I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – The God that reveals Himself through covenants.
- Jehovah-Hoseenu – “The Lord our Maker” – The God who reveals Himself through creation. (See Rom. 1:8-25; Ps. 19:1-4)
- Jehovah-Jireh – “The Lord who sees and provides” – The God who already knows our needs and has provided.
- Jehovah-Rophe – “The Lord that heals” – The God who heals, delivers, and restores.
- Jehovah-Nissi – “The Lord our banner” – The God who is our rally point in the fog of war.
- Jehovah-Shammah – “The Lord is a very-present help” – The God who is there no matter where there is.
- Jehovah-M’Kaddesh – “The Lord who sanctifies us” –The God who accomplishes, perfects and fulfills His purposes in us. (Ps. 138:8)
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu – “The Lord our righteousness” – The God who became sin so we can become righteous in Christ’s blood covenant without condemnation.
- I Am-“Self-existent, all sufficient, eternal God, Creator of the Universe” – The God who is what He needs to be for us.
- Father – “Abba, Father”— the God who reveals His Fatherhood through the covenant work of His one and only Son. The God who most desires to be known as a Good, Good Father who loves His own and has a plan of hope for a future with an expected end. (Jer. 29:11)
God the Father reveals His holiness and that He is a jealous God of Covenant
Father reminds us that:
- You are a jealous God. (Exodus 20:4-5)
- You draw near to those who draw near you in reverence. (Jam. 4:4-6)
- You are jealous for your justice and mercy. (Rev. 19:11-16)
- You are the only God to be worshipped. (Is. 36:7; Jn. 4:23-24)
- Some trust in chariots, some in horses but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. (Ps. 13:5)
- You are God alone. (Isa. 43:1-3; 7, 10-12)
- Passion for your house has consumed your Son. (Jn. 2:13-17)
- Passion for your Son will perform your promises for us. (Isa. 9:6-7)
God the Father reveals covenant-benefits of knowing in whom we belong to
- Forget not all His benefits (Ps. 103:2-5 NIV)
- They that hope in the LORD shall renew their strength. (Isa. 40:31)
- They that know their God shall be strong and do mighty exploits. (Dan. 11: 32)
- My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. (Hos. 4:6)
- Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord of Hosts. (Zech. 4:6)
- His grace is sufficient for us. (2 Cor. 12:9-10)
- He always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ. (1 Cor. 2:14-15)
- All the promises of God that are “Yes and Amen” in Him (in covenant with Him). (2 Cor. 1:20)
- There is no lack for those who love Him. (Psa. 34:9-19)
- The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord. (Psa. 37:23)
- No good thing will He withhold from those that walk uprightly. (Psa. 84:10-12)
- The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn shining brighter to the full day. (Prov. 4:18 NASB)