06 Dec R3 Alliance Prayer, WHERE GOD COMMANDS HIS BLESSING, Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Psalm 133:1, 3 NKJV
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity!
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—Life forevermore.
Colossians 1:19, 2:9-10 NKJV
For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven…
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him…
We live in an age where truth has become a casualty to convenience and to men creating gods of their own making. When men cease to worship the living God their worship becomes dysfunctional and distorted because they are worshiping beings. Men will worship! The only thing to be determined is who will be worshiped and what form will that worship take? Chesterton wrote: “When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable in believing in anything”. Most Americans profess a belief in God , however, once you move beyond a generalization you discover that most people believe in a God they do not know. The levels of belief drop dramatically when questioned about such things as: Is the Bible the Word of God? Was Jesus born to a virgin? And, Did Jesus rise from the dead?
Research revealed that there has been a slow decline in Christianity in recent years:
- The Silent Generation – 65% professed to be born again.
- Baby Boomers – 35% professed to be born again.
- GenX/Millennial—16% professed to be born again.
- Current –4% profess to be born again.
The Bible speaks of this time in history: But mark this: there will be terrible times in the last days…they will have a form of godliness but denying its power…always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth (2 Tim. 3:107 NIV). From the launch of the church in the Upper Room, there has been an all-out assault on the divine coalition of God’s unity and redemptive work. Jude 3, I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was entrusted to the saints. This generation has developed misaligned and redefined spiritually into existentialism. One’s god what is what god is to them; “Something may be true for you but not for me”. The tenants of faith have become like a spiritual smorgasbord wherein you simply pick and choose the ones’ you prefer and discard the ones you don’t. Part of the reason for America’s decay is the decline in weekly attendance to church services. But more specifically the loss of basic foundational teachings in Sunday School and Life Groups. Gone are the days where Biblical education was layered throughout people’s lives. From the beginning, the reason the Early Church documented the Apostle’s Creed was due to the intrusions of false teachings, false prophets, and compromises to the faith. We are charged to study to show ourselves approved to God, as workmen who need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth (2 Tim. 2:15).
So urgent, so essential is this issue of what to believe and why, Paul wrote Pastor Timothy in Ephesus: Look well to yourself [to your own personality] and to (your) teaching; persevere in these things [hold to them], for by doing so you will save both yourself and those who hear you. (1 Tim. 4:16 Amplified) Moreover, Paul warns of the social climate that pastors and teachers would be lured into: 2 Tim. 4:1-3 Amplified, I charge [you] in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by (in the light of) His coming and His kingdom: Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching. For the time is coming when [people] will not tolerate (endure) sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching [for something pleasing and gratifying], they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold.
Our praying today is for a revival of the Bible and resurgence of the unity of the faith in the soundness of integrity, teaching, and ministry. It behooves us to keep in mind the Prayer of Jesus in John 17. His prayer gives redemptive revelation and prophetic knowledge as to the critical mass in the chain-reaction of when we come together in the oneness defined in Ephesians 4:1-7. Here is a portion of Jesus’ prayer in John 17:21, 23: that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. …that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
Beloved based on this prophetical insight, our strength is not in our diversity but in our unity! We are all different, yet when we all come into Spirit-born unity and purpose, in one place, on one accord, we will witness another Upper Room of heaven’s invasion of earth. The prayer of Jesus is awaiting our alliance of the eight-fold elements revealed in Ephesians 4:1-7.
We should not add to them by attempting to accomplish in the flesh what only can be done by the Spirit, nor should we subtract from what is intended by capitulating to compromise of completion. Our endeavor today is to contend for the faith entrusted to us by returning to the basic of beliefs and the blending of behavior where God commands His blessing! We are under command and accountable for the trust: Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering: (For He is faithful who promise). And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works (Heb. 10:23-24).
Our praying is to thread together the specifics of the Unity of the Spirit in Ephesians 4 in order to coalesce our lives, loves, and liberty with His will and work:
- ONE BODY/ONE SPIRIT
- ONE HOPE /ONE LORD
- ONE FAITH/ONE BAPTISM
- ONE LORD/ FATHER OF ALL
- ABOVE ALL/THROUGH ALL/IN YOU ALL
Ephesians 4:3-6 NKJV
Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and )through all, and in you all.
- ONE BODY and ONE SPIRIT
Romans 12:4-6 NIV
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
General Direction: That the body of Christ would discover, develop, and deploy their members, giftings, and fruit in order to create the condition, climate, and culture of heaven on earth in building the church and reaching the world.
- 9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’“If you take away the yoke from your midst,The [a]pointing of the finger, and (A)speaking wickedness, 10 If you extend your soul to the hungry And satisfy the afflicted soul, Then your light shall dawn in the darkness, And your [b]darkness shall be as the noonday. 11 The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. 12 Those from among you (B)Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of [c]Streets to Dwell In. –Is. 58:9-12 NKJV
- 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, [a]“Take, eat; this is My body which is[b]broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death (A)till He comes. –1 Cor. 11:24-26 NKJV
- 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now (A)God has set the members, each one of them, in the body (B)just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it,–1 Cor. 12:14-20, 24 NKJV
- 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, (A)for the [a]edifying of (B)the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith (C)and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to (D)a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 16 (A)from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. –Eph. 4:11-13, 16 NKJV
- That the body of Christ would discover, develop, and deploy their individual gifts and learn to labor together in their function as one body.
- That the church would distinguish the giftings and fruit of the Spirit and use them as intended by the Head.
- That the body of Christ would exercise the grace given to us to build up the church and impact the word around us.
- That His body would cooperate with the Spirit of Unity in creating the right conditions, climate, and culture of heaven on earth.
1 John 4:1-3
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
General Direction: That the church would develop a high level of sensitivity to Holy Spirit’s leading and to the spirits of men and the anti-christ spirit; that our will, ways, and works become the Father’s.
- 11 But if the Spirit of (A)Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, (B)He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [a]through His Spirit who dwells in you.14 For (A)as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For (B)you did not receive the spirit of bondage again (C)to fear, but you received the (D)Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, (E)“Abba,[a] Father.” 16 (F)The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God…–Rom. 8:11, 14-16 NKJV
- 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit (A)in the bond of peace.—Eph. 4:3 NKJV
- 20 But (A)you have an anointing (B)from the Holy One, and (C)you[a] know all things. 27 But the (A)anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and (B)you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing (C)teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you [a]will abide in Him. –1 Jn. 2:20, 27 NKJV
- 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, (A)the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. –1 Jn. 2:16 NKJV
- 13 I write to you, fathers,Because you have known Him who is (A)from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have (B)known the Father. –1 Jn. 2:13 NKJV
- 12 For the Holy Spirit will(A)teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” –Lk. 12:12 NKJV
- That the body of Christ would co-op the work of Holy Spirit to bring unity while displacing disorder, division, and strife.
- That the church would come into perfect oneness as the Father and Son by having the Father’s will, ways, and works completed in us.
- That we would learn to bind and loose to have God’s kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- ONE HOPE and ONE LORD
Romans 8:24; Heb.11:1 NIV
For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is not hope at all. Now faith is being sure of what we HOPE FOR
and certain of what we do not see.
General Direction: For us to set our hope in the LORD and exercise our faith in God’s ability to do what He said He would do; to cast down hopelessness and take captive the hope of God and maintain our help and hope in Him as overcomers till the end.
- 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ (A)and love one another, as He gave [a]us commandment. –1 Jn. 3:23 NKJV
- 4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us,(A)so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace(A) as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.–Rom. 15:4, 13 NIV
- 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer(A) to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope(B)that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, –1 Pet. 3:15 NIV
- 24 “The Lord is my (A)portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I (B)hope in Him!” 25 The Lord is good to those who (C)wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. –Lam.. 3:24-25 NKJV
- 5 (A)Why are you [a]cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? (B)Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him [b]For the help of His countenance. –Ps. 42:5 NKJV
- 12 Return to the stronghold,(A)You prisoners of hope. Even today I declare That I will restore (B)double to you. –Zech. 9:12 NKJV
- For us to learn to set our hope in God and God alone.
- For us to consume the river of the Holy Spirit to overflowing causing hope to arise and flow over into the world around us.
- For us to tell our soul to hope in the Lord in times of despair and cast down hopelessness.
- For us to find help in the name of the Lord and hope in Him to share with others.
Acts 10:34, 36 NKJV
In truth…God shows no partiality…
The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all—
General Direction: That the church would comprehend the fullness of the Godhead filling the body of Christ as Christ’s Lordship fills His body as the Head; that by the Holy Spirit, Jesus would be Lord of all in everything concerning us as He is Lord over all things in heaven above, here on earth, and things beneath earth.
- 6 Jesus said to him, “I am(A)the way, (B)the truth, and (C)the life. (D)No one comes to the Father (E)except through Me. –Jn. 14:6 NKJV
- 9 that (A)if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. –Rom. 10:9-10 NKJV
- 8 I am the Lord, that is My name;And My (A)glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. –Is. 42:8 NKJV
- 17 Now (A)the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is (B)liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding (C)as in a mirror (D)the glory of the Lord, (E)are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as [a]by the Spirit of the Lord. –2 Cor. 3:17-18 NKJV
- 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— –2 Cor. 12:3 NKJV
- 16 And (A)He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: (B)KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. –Rev. 19:16 NKJV
- That we understand there is only one Lord and that His Lordship has no partiality and cannot be compartmentalized in worship and works.
- That we comprehend the absoluteness of Christ’s Lordship and He must be Lord of all to be able to save to the uttermost.
- That as King of Kings and Lord of Lords every knee will bow and every tongue will confess He is Lord.
- That God is well-pleased to have the fullness of the Godhead be in the body of Christ and Christ have His fullness in His body as He is the Head.
- ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM
1 John 5:4-5 NKJV
And this is the victory that has overcomes the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world,
but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
General Direction: For the church to learn to develop and defend the faith entrusted to us; that faith without works is dead and to have a faith that believes that, with God all things are possible to those who believe, and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
- 12 (A)He who has the Son has [a]life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, [b]and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. –1 Jn. 5:12-13 NKJV
- 7 (A)I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. –2 Tim. 4:7 NKJV
- Now faith is the [a]substance of things hoped for, the [b]evidence (A)of things not seen. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. –Heb. 11, 6 NKJV
- 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. –1 Pet. 5:9 NKJV
- 29 Jesus answered and said to them, (A)“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” –Jn. 6:29 NKJV
- 31 (A)but these are written that (B)you may believe that Jesus (C)is the Christ, the Son of God, (D)and that believing you may have life in His name. –Jn. 20:31 NKJV
- 20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your[a]unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, (A)if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. –Mt. 17:20 NKJV
- 9 and be found in Him, not having (A)my own righteousness, which is from the law, but (B)that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; –Phil. 3:9 NKJV
- For the church to develop and defend doctrine in our fundamental beliefs (The Bible is God’s Word, Jesus is the Only Way to the Father, and righteousness, holiness, goodness, and truth are not optional in keeping the faith.)
- For us to understand that faith without works is dead and without faith it is impossible to please God and be rewarded for our diligent beliefs and pursuits.
- For us to possess a faith that believes that nothing is impossible with God for all things are possible to those who believe!
Romans 6:3-4 NKJV
Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life.
General Direction: That we would understand the meaning and application of the baptism to repentance and the walk of the newness of life in Christ’s resurrection; that we would embrace the promise of the Father to be baptized in the Holy Spirit to be Christ’s witness to the world.
- 12 For (B)as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, (C)so also is Christ. 13 For (D)by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—(E)whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and (F)have all been made to drink [a]into one Spirit. –1 Cor. 12:12-13 NKJV
- 5 (A)for John truly baptized with water,(B)but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 8 (A)But you shall receive power (B)when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and (C)you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and (D)Samaria, and to the (E)end of the earth.” –Acts 1:5, 8 NKJV
- 49 (A)Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city[a]of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.” –Lk. 24:49 NKJV
- 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the (A)head of all [a]principality and power. 11 In Him you were also (B)circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by (C)putting off the body [b]of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 (D)buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through (E)faith in the working of God, (F)who raised Him from the dead. –Col. 2:10-12 NKJV
- 16 (A)He who believes and is baptized will be saved;(B)but he who does not believe will be condemned. –Mk. 16:16 NKJV
- 6 This is He who came (A)by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. (B)And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear witness [a]in heaven: the Father, (C)the Word, and the Holy Spirit; (D)and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: (E)the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one. –1 Jn. 5:6-8 NKJV
- That we would understand the meaning and essentialness of the ordinance of the baptism to repentance.
- That we would comprehend that, by being baptized into Christ’s death, we are given access to His being raised up and thus able to walk in the newness of life in Christ.
- That we would embrace the promise of the Father in being baptized in the Holy Spirit to be Christ’s witness to the world.
- ONE GOD and FATHER OF ALL
Deuteronomy 6:4-6 NKJV
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
General Direction: For us to understand that God is God alone; that He is sovereign, all-powerful, all-feeling. all-wise, all-present, and He is before all things and He is the one who was, and is, and is to come—the God of all gods.
- In the (B)beginning (C)God created the heavens and the earth. –Gen. 1:1 NKJV
- 19 because (A)what may be known of God is [a]manifest [b]in them, for (B)God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world (C)His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [c]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, –Rom. 1:19-20 NKJV
- 2 (A)“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, (B)out of the house of [a]bondage. 3 (C)“You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 (D)“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 (E)you shall not bow down to them nor [b]serve them. (F)For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, (G)visiting[c] the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, –Ex. 20:2-5 NKJV
- 8 The Lord will (A)command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And (B)in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life. –Ps. 42:8 NKJV
- 10 According to (A)Your name, O God, So is Your praise to the ends of the earth; Your right hand is full of righteousness. –Ps. 48:10 NKJV
- Let the (A)heavens declare His righteousness, For (B)God Himself is Judge. Selah –Ps. 50:6 NKJV
- 16 I will go in the strength of the Lord God;I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only. 19 Also (A)Your righteousness, O God, is [a]very high, You who have done great things; (B)O God, who is like You? –Ps. 71:16, 19 NKJV
- 10 For You are great, and (A)do wondrous things; (B)You alone are God. –Ps. 86:10 NKJV
- For us to set our trust in the Godhead: three-in-one and how He is perfect in one as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.
- For us to have no other gods or make any images of God for He is a jealous God. –Jehovah-Eloheka (The Lord is one)/Jehovah-Quanna (The Jealous God)
- For us to know that He was God in the beginning, He is our God now, and will be God in the end.
ONE FATHER OF ALL
Isaiah 64:8 NKJV
But now, O Lord, You are our Father;…And all we are the work of Your hand.
1 Corinthians 15:29 NKJV
Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him,
that God may be all in all.
General Direction: For us to understand the Fatherhood of God and Jesus came to reveal the Father and model Sonship for us as His adopted children; that as the Father of all we would allow Him to Father us in every way to do His will and finish His works not as orphaned-driven slaves but as son-led-servants.
- 10 (A)Have we not all one Father? (B)Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously with one another By profaning the covenant of the fathers? –Mal. 2:10 NKJV
- 7 “I will declare the [a]decree: The Lord has said to Me, (A)‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. –Ps. 2:7 NKJV
- 3 (A)Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as (B)He chose us in Him (C)before the foundation of the world, that we should (D)be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 (E)having predestined us to (F)adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, (G)according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, (H)by which He [a]made us accepted in (I)the Beloved. 17 that (A)the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, (B)may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, –Eph. 1:3-6, 17 NKJV
- 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will(A)worship the Father in(B)spirit (C)and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 (D)God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” –Jn. 4:23-24 NKJV
- 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you,(A)the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. –Jn. 4:19 NKJV
- 2 In My Father’s house are many[a]mansions; if it were not so, [b]I would have told you. (A)I go to prepare a place for you. 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? (A)He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that (B)I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you (C)I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me,(D)or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. –Jn. 14:2, 9-11 NKJV
- 21 (A)that they all may be one, as(B)You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. –Jn. 17:21 NKJV
- For us to understand that all things emanate from the Father and that Jesus came to show us the Father to do His will and finish His works.
- For us to discern the Fatherhood of God that we are His children –loved and accepted in the beloved with a heritage, inheritance, and place in His household.
- That we would allow the Father of all to Father us in every way as His adopted children.
- ABOVE ALL…THROUGH ALL…IN YOU ALL
Philippians 2:9-11 TCNT
…God raised him to the very highest place and gave him a name above all Names which stands above all other names, so in adoration of the Name of Jesus every knee should bend of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
General Direction: That God would be enthroned and exalted above all things in our will, ways, and works to show His supremacy; to allow Him to grow and mature to the fullness of the measure of the stature of Christ in the perfect man.
- 46 The Lord lives!Blessed be my Rock!Let the God of my salvation be exalted. –Ps. 18:46 NKJV
- 6 Wisdom and knowledge will be the stability of your times,And the strength of salvation;The fear of the Lord is His treasure. –Is. 33:6 NKJV
- 8 (A)“I am the Alpha and the Omega,[a]the Beginning and the End,” says the [b]Lord, (B)“who is and who was and who is to come, the (C)” –Rev. 1:8 NKJV
- 15 Then (A)the seventh angel sounded: (B)And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, (C)“The [a]kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, (D)and He shall reign forever and ever!” 17 saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One (A)who is and who was [a]and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power (B)and reigned. –Rev. 11:15, 17 NKJV
- That our God is great and greatly to be praised and is enthroned on our praises and magnified in our worship and works.
- That we humble ourselves and become servants and allow our works to show forth God’s praises and excellencies.
- That God be high and lifted up above our will, ways and works and He alone is glorified.
Colossians 1:17-18 NKJV, Rom. 11:36
And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist…that in all things He may have the preeminence…For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen
- 12 Therefore, my beloved, (A)as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, (B)work out your own salvation with (C)fear and trembling; 13 for (D)it is God who works in you both to will and to do (E)for His good pleasure. –Phil. 2:12-13 NKJV
- 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. –Gal. 3:25 NKJV
- 36 For (A)of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, (B)to whom be glory forever. Amen. –Rom. 11:36 NKJV
- 15 (A)Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. –Rom. 12:15 NKJV
- 11 “You(A) are worthy, [a]O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; (B)For You created all things, And by (C)Your will they [b]exist and were created.” –Rev. 4:11 NKJV
- For our God to be the first and last of all things that work through us that He may have preeminence.
- For us to have checks and balances of our motives, discern our movements, and distinguish all of our mobilizations to be not by might, nor by power, but by the Spirit of the Lord.
- For Christ to have supremacy in His Lordship over our love, labors, fruit, and good works.
IN YOU ALL
Colossians 2:6, 9-10 NIV
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.
He is the head over every power and authority.
- 18 And I also say to you that(A)you are Peter, and (B)on this rock I will build My church, and (C)the gates of Hades shall not [a]prevail against it.19 (D)And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth [b]will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Mt. 16:18-19 NKJV
- 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith (A)and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to (B)a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the (A)head—Christ— 16 (B)from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. –Eph. 4:13, 15-16 NKJV
- 9 For (A)in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead [a]bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the (B)head of all [b]principality and power. –Col. 2:9-10 NKJV
- 27 Only (A)let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, (B)with one mind (C)striving together for the faith of the gospel, –Phil. 1:27 NKJV
- 19 (A)My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you, –Gal. 4:19 NKJV
- For Christ to be the Alpha and Omega of our identity, character, and nature as He is conformed in us.
- For us to come into the unity born of the Spirit and allow no divisions, strife, or disorder in God’s temple.
- For us to come to the fullness of the measure of the stature of Christ as the perfect man in the body of Christ.