15 Aug R3 Alliance Prayer, CALLING FOR JUSTICE and TRUTH, Wednesday, August 15, 2018
The Righteous Judge Who Listens for the Call of Justice and Truth
Isaiah 59:1-2, 4, 11, 15-16 NIV
Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. NO ONE CALLS FOR JUSTICE: no one pleads his case with integrity. So JUSTICE IS DRIVEN BACK, AND RIGHTEOUSNESS STANDS AT A DISTANCE; TRUTH HAS STUMBLED IN THE STREETS, HONESTY CANNOT ENTER. TRUTH IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The LORD LOOKED and was displeased THAT THERE WAS NO JUSTICE. He saw that there was no one…To INTERCEDE;
Psalm 37:27-28 NASB
Depart from evil and do good, So you will abide forever. FOR THE LORD LOVES JUSTICE,
And does not forsake His godly ones; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked will be cut off.
Luke 18:6-8 NKJV
Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect
who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.
Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
The Bible says that the LORD LOVES JUSTICE (Ps. 37:27) and that holiness is the foundation of His throne (Ps.47:8) and righteousness is the scepter of His throne (Ps. 45:6). The seraphim do not fly over God’s throne crying “love, love, love” but “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Hosts.” (Is. 6:2-3) Righteousness and holiness are core components of the character and nature of God. Everything He does emanates from these attributes. Two things are imminent for this earth and all who dwell on it. The first is death the other is judgment. It is appointed to man once to die, after that the judgment (Heb. 9:27) Jesus conquered death for us at the cross and by becoming sin He transferred His righteousness to those who believe into His finished work. Ours is not a judgment of salvation after death. Ours is a passing over death to life and giving an account of how we lived the new life in Christ. As for the righteous, the Scripture says, For the eyes of the LORD are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the LORD is against them that do evil (1 Pet. 3:12 KJV).
Throughout the holy pages of Scriptures and the chapters of history God has remained the Righteous Judge of all the earth (2 Tim. 4:8). All things in heaven and earth are racing towards the blinding light of God’s eyes and the white-hot fires of His holy judgment. For the wicked, it will be the second death. For the righteous it will be the refining fire between reward or regret, the greatness of gain eternal or the suffer of loss everlasting.
From the foundation of the world judgment and righteousness, mercy and truth have been in-play as the kingdom of heaven invades the earth. Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. God comprehended man’s fall and calculated the cost of redeeming that which was lost. The most expensive commodity in the universe is sin and the most priceless entity is the blood of the Lamb of God. God acted within Himself to be the just and justifier of him who believes in Jesus (Rom. 3:26). Likewise, the Godhead choose to set His love on His beloved from the beginning to settle them in His love making them whole and holy in love’s perfection.
As those in covenant with God there is a responsibility and accountability to be co-heirs and co-laborers with him in all things. God questioned: Shall I hide from Abraham the things which I plan to do? God was contemplating judgment on the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. However, He would allow Himself to be influenced by Abraham’s pleading. Of Abraham, God said, For I know him, that he will command his children and household….he shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment: God would not be without two or three witnesses as He weighed the two cities in the balance (V. 21) I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it (the outcry of wickedness and the call of their very grievous sins) which has come to Me. Abraham appealed to God’s righteousness as he interceded: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? (V. 25). Abraham interceded down to twenty salvageable souls and thus was God’s judgment.
The Righteous Judge is seated on the throne of His holiness with the scepter of righteousness in His hand. He is listening for the call of justice in the earth. He is looking for truth to be found where people live and move and have their being. James 2:13 NIV says, Mercy triumphs over judgment; Micah 7:18, God delights to show mercy. Even now the eyes of the LORD are looking for intercessors and the ears of the LORD are listening for intercession. The LORD looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw that there was no one to intercede. (Is. 59:16). I sought for a man among them who would stand in the gap and make up the hedge and intercede before Me on behalf of the land, that I would not have to destroy it. But I found none. (Ezk. 22:30)
There is a point when judgment becomes an act of mercy. Like when a tumor becomes terminal and must be removed, or a murderer unrepentant, or a religious fanatic who, in self-deception, in convinces himself that dying in the name of his god is worth whatever destruction and death he can leave behind. There is an accumulative-affect of sin and iniquity for a nation. God observed that iniquity had passed through to the third and fourth generations of the Amorites with no sign of repentance. The only thing left was the tipping point: For the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure (Gen. 15:15 NIV). At this, the line had been crossed to the point of no return. This is true of any nation. It was true for Judah and Jerusalem. God said: Do not pray for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not hear them in the time when they cry to Me for their trouble (Jer. 11:14).
Beloved, God is still wooing America to repent. Apparently, we have not reached the point as did the aforementioned cities or people. David Wilkerson was a prophet to America. He wrote: The cyclical patterns of God’s justice and judgment past; He sent prophets with warnings and the command for repentance. Then He would allow for troubles and tribulations for a season. If the people still did not heed the voice of the prophets and message of the Gospel, the last stage before judgment was peace and prosperity. These were God’s last chance efforts to lead them to repentance in His goodness. America has arrived at this point. God does not call a nation to be happy, but holy. Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people (Pro. 14:23).
Our desire is to stand in the gap and make up the hedge and intercede: to weep between the porch and the altar, saying “Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?”
Today we will replicate the encounter recorded in Exodus 32. The condensed narrative was that God had delivered His people from Egypt. As Moses and Joshua ascended Sinai the people of God quickly forgot what God had done and straightaway turned to idolatry, debauchery, and drunkenness. The heinous display of gross transgression issued a revealing statement: And Moses saw that the people were naked: (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame before their enemies) (v. 25). Here God was desiring to display His glory through a grateful people liberated from slavery to serve Him in gladness. Take note that this was in sight of their enemies watching from their places of hidden darkness. It was at this cite that the event became a deciding factor for the righteous. Then Moses stood at the gate of the camp, and said, “WHO IS ON THE LORD’S SIDE? LET THEM COME TO ME. “And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.” (v. 26)
The soul condition of our nation is beyond human repair. We are like a patient hemorrhaging on the ER table with doctors of false religions, corrupt government, social engineering, secular education, and blind leading the blind all attempting to understand the underlying cause and its pre-existing condition. We are at the place where only God alone can change the trajectory of this nation’s destiny. Our intercession is to have our voices heard on high in five critical masses of spiritual chain reaction:
- The Call For JUSTICE and JUDGMENT
- The Call For RIGHTEOUSNESS and HOLINESS
- The Call For REPENTANCE and RESTORATION
- The Call For MERCY and GRACE
- The Call for TRUTH and SPIRIT OUTPOURING
The Call is for “Who is on the Lord’s side?” Let them come to Me and call for justice and mercy and worship in Spirit and in truth!
- The Call for JUSTICE and JUDGMENT
Psalm 89:14 KJV
JUSTICE and JUDGMENT ARE THE HABITATION OF THY THRONE: MERCY and TRUTH SHALL GO BEFORE THY FACE.
Amos 5:24 NKJV
BUT LET JUSTICE RUN DOWN LIKE WATER, And RIGHTEOUSNESS LIKE A MIGHTY STREAM.
Psalm 33:5, 12
He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.
1 Peter 4:17 NKJV
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God;
General Direction: That God loves justice and judgment because it corrects the foundations out of course and resets righteousness reflecting His character and nature; that in the wake of justice and judgment God removes the wicked and opens the windows of blessing.
- Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor[a]regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, [b]‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will [c]avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ ” 6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” –Lk. 18:1-8 NKJV
- 3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.—Rev. 8:3-5 NKJV
- 11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He [a]had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in [b]fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a [c]sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. –Rev. 19:11-16 NKJV
- 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [a]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second [b]death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. –Rev. 20:12-15 NKJV
- Remember your Creator in the days of your youth,before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say,“I find no pleasure in them”— Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the duty of all mankind.14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. –Eccl. 12:1, 13-14 NIV
- 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a]says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. –Heb. 10:30-31 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. –Heb. 4:12-13 NKJV
- 15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, [a]giving thanks to His name. 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. 17 Obey those who [b]rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. 20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you [a]complete in every good work to do His will, working in [b]you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. –Heb. 13:15-17, 20-21 NKJV
- 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. –1 Cor. 3:11-15 NKJV
- 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;I will [a]set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With [b]long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.” –Ps. 91;8-10, 14-16 NKJV
- 4 No one calls for justice,Nor does any plead for truth.They trust in empty words and speak lies;They conceive [a]evil and bring forth iniquity. –Is. 59:4 NKJV
- 9 Who is wise?Let him understand these things.Who is prudent?Let him know them.For the ways of the Lord are right;The righteous walk in them,
But transgressors stumble in them. –Hos. 14:9 NKJV
- 20 Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you. –Deut. 16:20 NIV
- 3 He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousnessFor His name’s sake. –Ps. 23:3 NKJV
- 2 When the righteous [a]are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.–Prov. 29:2 NKJV
- Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [b]authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and [c]reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. –1 Tim. 2:1-4 NKJV
- 19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. –Jam. 1:19-20 NIV
- 27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28 They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. 29 Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” 31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. –Acts. 4:27-31 NIV
- 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give [a]place to the devil. –Eph. 4:26-27 NKJV
- 10 “Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them,For they shall eat the fruit of their doings. –Is. 3:10 NKJV
- 10 Do not remove the ancient [a]landmark, Nor enter the fields of the fatherless; 11 For their Redeemer is mighty; He will plead their cause against you. 12 Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge. –Prov. 23:10-12 NKJV
- That the God of justice loves righteousness and judgment because it corrects the earthly foundations that are out of course and resets creation consistent with His character and nature reflecting Him.
- That heaven would open the floodgates of justice and let the rulers of righteousness flow into our classrooms, courtrooms, and prayer rooms.
- That justice and judgment would become the habitation of the nations as it is in heaven.
- That the cry for justice would result in a people who would fear the Lord and depart from evil and do good.
- That God’s people would heed the call to humble themselves, pray and seek His face, and turn from their wicked ways because judgment begins at the house of the Lord.
- That the righteous would be promoted and positioned to places of leadership and remove the wicked rule.
- That the people of God would prevail in prayer like the widow did with the unjust judge, knowing our God is the Righteous Judge, will always do right, and seeks the voices calling for justice and judgment.
- That in judgment it will go well with the righteous for they have not been appointed to suffer wrath but to salvation in mercy, grace, and the goodness of God.
- The Call For RIGHTEOUSNESS and HOLINESS
Proverbs 14:34 NIV
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.
Hebrews 12:14 NIV
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; WITHOUT HOLINESS NO ONE WILL SEE THE LORD.
Ephesians 4:24 NKJV
…and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
General Direction: That we would perfect holiness in the fear of the Lord by departing evil and hating wickedness, and being led in the paths of righteousness, where the good way is, and find God’s delight in lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness; that we would put off the old man of corruption and put on the new man in Christ renewed in the knowledge and the image of righteousness and holiness; that we would be led by the Spirit of holiness to live godly, holy lives.
- 13 Righteousness will go before Him And will make His footsteps into a way. –Ps. 85:13 NASB
- A highway shall be there, and a road,And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness.The unclean shall not pass over it,But it shall be for others.Whoever walks the road, although a fool,Shall not go astray.9 No lion shall be there,Nor shall any ravenous beast go up on it;It shall not be found there.But the redeemed shall walk there,10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return,And come to Zion with singing,With everlasting joy on their heads.They shall obtain joy and gladness,And sorrow and sighing shall flee away. –Is. 35:8-10 NKJV
- 13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; –1 Pet. 1:13-17 NKJV
- 74 To grant us that we,Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,Might serve Him without fear,75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.76 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest;For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways,77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people By the remission of their sins,78 Through the tender mercy of our God,With which the [a]Dayspring from on high [b]has visited us; 79 To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace.” –Lk. 1:74-79 NKJV
- Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. –2 Cor. 7:1 NKJV
- 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, –2 Pet. 3:11 NKJV
- 9 Exalt the Lord our God,And worship at His holy hill;For the Lord our God is holy. –Ps. 99:9 NKJV
- 3 And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!”—Is. 6:3 NKJV
- 2 [a]Give unto the Lord the glory [b]due to His name; Worship the Lord in the [c]beauty of holiness. –Ps. 29:2 NKJV
- 15 Look down from heaven,And see from Your habitation, holy and glorious.Where are Your zeal and Your strength,The yearning of Your heart and Your mercies toward me?Are they restrained? –Is. 53:15 NKJV
- 6 But we are all like an unclean thing,And all our righteousnesses are like [a]filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away. 7 And there is no one who calls on Your name, Who stirs himself up to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us,
And have [b]consumed us because of our iniquities. 8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. –Is. 64:6-8 NKJV
- 36 “You shall also make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet: HOLINESS TO THE LORD. –Ex. 28:36 NKJV
- 2 The Lord God has sworn by His holiness: –Amos 4:2 NKJV
- 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness [a]for holiness. –Rom. 6:19 NKJV
- 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. –Eph. 4:23-24 NKJV
- 13 so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints. –1 Thes. 3:13 NKJV
- 6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,And scourges every son whom He receives.”7 If[a] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. –Heb. 12:6-10 NKJV
- 6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions. –Ps. 45:6-7 NKJV
- 3 When the foundations are being destroyed,what can the righteous do?” –Ps. 11:3 NIV
- 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, –Titus 3:5 NKJV
- 23 Thus says the Lord, “Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,Let not the mighty man glory in his might,Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;24 But let him who glories glory in this,That he understands and knows Me,That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, [a]judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the Lord. –Jer. 9:23-24 NKJV
- 16 Thus says the Lord:“Stand in the ways and see,And ask for the old paths, where the good way is,And walk in it;Then you will find rest for your souls.But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ –Jer. 6:16 NKJV
- God reigns over the nations; God sits on the throne of His holiness.—Ps. 47: 8 NKJV
- That we would pray and labor in grace for the foundation of holiness and the scepter of righteousness to be America’s foundation and scepter—because our foundations are being destroyed and our scepters corrupted. (Ps. 11:3; 45:6)
- That our call for justice and judgment would cause the nation to return to God and be made righteous again that He can hold us up as a shining city again.
- That knowing God’s judgment will eventually come to this earth and dissolve all the elements like wax, therefore, we should live godly lives (separated from sin to God) and holy lives (devoted to God in worship and serving). (2 Pet. 3:11 NIV)
- That we would cleanse ourselves in the blood of the cross and the word of His washing and learn to perfect holiness in the fear of the LORD.
- That we would comprehend and apprehend the fullness of Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of holiness because without holiness and a pure heart no one will see God.
- That we recapture the fear of the Lord, which is to hate evil, and learn to love righteousness and holiness the way God does in heaven and Jesus did on earth.
- That we would put off the old man of sin and corruption and put on the new man made in the knowledge and image of righteousness and holiness.
- The Call For REPENTANCE and RESTORATION
Luke 3:8-9 NIV
Produce fruits in keeping with repentance.
…The ax is laid to the root of the tree, and every tree that does not produce good fruit
will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
Luke 13:3 NKJV
…unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
Isaiah 30:15 NIV
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.”
General Direction: That we would learn the essentialness of repentance and rest and allow God’s goodness and godly sorrow to bring us to repentance so we can by repairers of the breaches and restore the foundations of many generations.
- 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,And sinners shall be converted to You. –Ps. 51:12-13 NKJV
- 22 “Return, you backsliding children,And I will heal your backslidings.”“Indeed we do come to You,For You are the Lord our God. –Jer. 3:22 NKJV
- 17 For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord,‘Because they called you an outcast saying:“This is Zion;No one seeks her.” –Jer. 30:17 NKJV
- 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?Or who may stand in His holy place?4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,Nor sworn deceitfully.5 He shall receive blessing from the Lord,And righteousness from the God of his salvation. –Ps. 24:3-5 NKJV
- 28 Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls.—Pro. 25:28 NKJV
- 6 In mercy and truth Atonement is provided for iniquity; And by the fear of the Lord one departs from evil..—Pro. 16:6 NKJV
- 5 Open rebuke is better Than love carefully concealed.6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend,But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. 12 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;The simple pass on and are punished. –Pro. 27:5-6, 12 NKJV
- 28 Do not remove the ancient [a]landmark Which your fathers have set. –Pro. 22:28 NKJV
- Lord, You showed favor to Your land;You [a]restored the captivity of Jacob. 2 You forgave the iniquity of Your people; You covered all their sin. [b]Selah. 3 You withdrew all Your fury; You turned away from Your burning anger. 4 Restore us, O God of our salvation, And cause Your indignation toward us to cease. 5 Will You be angry with us forever? Will You prolong Your anger to [c]all generations? 6 Will You not Yourself [d]revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You? 7 Show us Your lovingkindness, O Lord, And grant us Your salvation. –Ps. 85:1-7 NASB
- 25 “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming [a]locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you. –Joel 2:25 NKJV
- 17 For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord,‘Because they called you an outcast saying:“This is Zion;No one seeks her.” ’ –Jer. 30:17 NKJV
- 12 Those from among you Shall build the old waste places;You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,The Restorer of [a]Streets to Dwell In. –Is. 58:12 NKJV
- 6 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Repent, turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations. 7 For anyone of the house of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell in Israel, who separates himself from Me and sets up his idols in his heart and puts before him what causes him to stumble into iniquity, then comes to a prophet to inquire of him concerning Me, I the Lord will answer him by Myself. 8 I will set My face against that man and make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of My people. Then you shall know that I am the Lord. –Ezk. 14:6-8 NKJV
- 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. –2 Chron. 7:14 NKJV
- 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven[a]is at hand.” –Mt. 4:17 NKJV
- 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and[a] Therefore be [b]zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. –Rev. 3:19-20 NKJV
- 13 But go and learn what this means:‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, [a]to repentance.” –Mt. 9:13 NKJV
- 24 after John had first preached, before His coming, the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.–Ac. 13:24 NKJV
- 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? –Rom. 2:4 NKJV
- 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. –2 Cor. 7:9-10 NKJV
- 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, –2 Tim. 2:25 NKJV
- 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 [a]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. 9 But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and [b]labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become [c]sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.–Heb. 6:4-12 NKJV
- 5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [a]to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”–Rev. 21:5 NKJV
- 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [a]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. –2 Pet. 3:9 NKJV
- Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,And sinners shall be converted to You. –Ps. 51:12-13 NKJV
- 22 “Return, you backsliding children,And I will heal your backslidings.”“Indeed we do come to You,For You are the Lord our God. –Jer. 3:22 NKJV
- 17 For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord,‘Because they called you an outcast saying:“This is Zion;No one seeks her.” ’ –Jer. 30:17 NKJV
- 28 “But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my’ 29 He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went. 30 Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I go, sir,’ but he did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?”They said to Him, “The first.”Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you. –Mt. 21:28-31 NKJV
- 20 A bruised reed He will not break,And smoking flax He will not quench,Till He sends forth justice to victory;21 And in His name Gentiles will trust.”22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the [a]blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?” 24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by [b]Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.” 25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? –Mt. 12:20-26 NKJV
- 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. –Jer. 29:11-14 NKJV
- 23 Thus says the Lord:“Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,Let not the mighty man glory in his might,Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;24 But let him who glories glory in this,That he understands and knows Me,That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, [a]judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the Lord. –Jer. 9:23-24 NKJV
- That repentance and prevailing prayer are the keys to national awakening and reformation because judgment begins at the house of God.
- That we would have clean hands, pure hearts, and not lift our souls to idols or practice double-mindedness by living in hypocrisy without sincere love.
- That God seeks the restoration of our nation but repentance precedes an opened heaven of healing our backslidings and wounds and His blessing.
- That when God’s people humble themselves, pray and seek His face, and repent of their ways, He will hear from heaven, and forgive us and we experience healing in our land.
- That when God’s people confess their sinfulness, forsake their sinful ways, and choose the fear of the Lord that we can again be repairers of the breach and restore the foundations of many generations.
- That our repentance not be based on human regret but on godly sorrow, which leads us to restoration of relations with a holy God.
- That God did not say “Be happy!” but” Be holy, even as I am holy” and holiness will lead to the joy of the Lord.
- That God would restore to us the joy of our salvation and grant us willing spirit to sustain us so we can teach transgressors His ways and sinners will be converted to Him.
- That we would repent of boasting in our wisdom, strength, and riches and make our boast in the exercise of lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness.
- That in repentance and rest is our salvation and in quietness and trust is our strength.
- The Call For MERCY and GRACE
Joel 2:12-14 NKJV
“Now, therefore,” says the Lord, “Turn to Me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm. Who knows if He will turn and relent,
And leave a blessing behind Him—A grain offering and a drink offering
For the Lord your God?
Psalm 85:9-12 NKJV
Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land.
Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed.
Truth shall spring out of the earth, And righteousness shall look down from heaven.
Yes, the Lord will give what is good; And our land will yield its increase.
General Direction: That we would comprehend new mercies and grace sufficient in our weaknesses; that we would allow the goodness of God to bring us to repentance and godly sorrow to do its work of returning us; that God is gracious and compassionate and His mercy triumphs over judgment.
- 17 Let the priests, who minister to the Lord,Weep between the porch and the altar;Let them say, “Spare Your people, O Lord,And do not give Your heritage to reproach,That the nations should [a]rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’ ” The Land Refreshed 18 Then the Lord will be zealous for His land, And pity His people. 19 The Lord will answer and say to His people, “Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil, And you will be satisfied by them; I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations. 20 “But I will remove far from you the northern army, And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land, With his face toward the eastern sea And his back toward the western sea;
His stench will come up, And his foul odor will rise, Because he has done [b]monstrous things.” 23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the [a]former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. 24 The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil. 25 “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming [b]locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you. 26 You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the Lord your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And My people shall never be put to shame. 28 “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. 29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. 32 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be [a]saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be [b]deliverance, As the Lord has said, Among the remnant whom the Lord –Joel 2:17-20, 23-26, 28-29, 32 NKJV
- Have mercy upon me, O God,According to Your lovingkindness;According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,Blot out my transgressions.2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,And cleanse me from my sin.3 For I acknowledge my transgressions,And my sin is always before me. –Ps. 51:1-3 NKJV
- 14 The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways,But a good man will be satisfied [a]from above. –Pro. 14:14 NKJV
- 26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord. –Lam. 3:26 NKJV
- 5 Every word of God is [a]pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. –Pro. 30:5 NKJV
- 3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,For I cry to You all day long.4 [a]Rejoice the soul of Your servant, For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. 6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; And attend to the voice of my supplications. 7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, For You will answer me. 11 Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; [a]Unite my heart to fear Your name. 12 I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore. 13 For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of [b]Sheol. 15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.–Ps. 86:3-7, 11-13, 15 NKJV
- 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;The Lord will give grace and glory;No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.12 O Lord of hosts,Blessed is the man who trusts in You! –Ps. 84:11-12 NKJV
- I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications.2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.3 The [a]pains of death surrounded me, And the [b]pangs of Sheol [c]laid hold of me; I found trouble and sorrow. 4 Then I called upon the name of the Lord: “O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!” 5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful. –Ps. 116:1-5 NKJV
- I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever;With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.2 For I have said, “Mercy shall be built up forever;Your faithfulness You shall establish in the very heavens.” 4 ‘Your seed I will establish forever,And build up your throne to all generations.’ ” Selah –Ps. 89:1-2, 4 NKJV
- God stands in the congregation of [a]the mighty; He judges among the [b]gods. 3 [a]Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked. 5 They do not know, nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are [b]unstable. 8 Arise, O God, judge the earth; For You shall inherit all nations. –Ps. 82:1, 3-5, 8 NKJV
- 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:8-10 NKJV
- 14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. –Heb. 4:14-16 NKJV
- 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a]says the Lord. And again, “TheLord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. –Heb. 10:22-31 NKJV
- 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1 Cor. 15:10 NKJV
- 3 And they said to me, “The survivors who are left from the captivity in the province are there in great distress and reproach. The wall of Jerusalem is also broken down, and its gates are burned with fire.”4 So it was, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven.5 And I said: “I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love [a]You and observe [b]Your commandments, 6 please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against You. Both my father’s house and I have sinned. 11 O Lord, I pray, please let Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, and to the prayer of Your servants who desire to fear Your name; and let Your servant prosper this day, I pray, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.” For I was the king’s cupbearer.—Neh. 1:3-6, 11 NKJV
- 30 Yet for many years You had patience with them,And [a]testified against them by Your Spirit in Your prophets. Yet they would not listen; Therefore You gave them into the hand of the peoples of the lands. 31 Nevertheless in Your great mercy You did not utterly consume them nor forsake them; For You are God, gracious and merciful. –Neh. 9:30-31 NKJV
- 46 So Moses said to Aaron, “Take a censer and put fire in it from the altar, put incense on it, and take it quickly to the congregation and make [a]atonement for them; for wrath has gone out from the Lord. The plague has begun.” 47 Then Aaron took it as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the assembly; and already the plague had begun among the people. So he put in the incense and made atonement for the people. 48 And he stood between the dead and the living; so the plague was stopped. –Num. 16:46-48 NKJV
- 3 Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. 4 And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments, 5 we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments. 6 Neither have we heeded Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings and our princes, to our fathers and all the people of the land. 9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him. 10 We have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. 17 Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake [a]cause Your face to shine on [b]Your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.” –Dan. 9:3-6, 9-10, 17-19 NKJV
- 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ –Lk. 18:13 NKJV
- 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting On those who fear Him,And His righteousness to children’s children, –Ps. 103:8, 11, 17 NKJV
- I will sing of mercy and justice;To You, O Lord, I will sing praises. –Ps. 101:1 NKJV
- 4 For Your mercy is great above the [a]heavens, And Your truth reaches to the clouds. –Ps. 108:4 NKJV
- 3 Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us!For we are exceedingly filled with contempt.4 Our soul is exceedingly filledWith the scorn of those who are at ease,With the contempt of the proud. –Ps. 123:3-4 NKJV
- 8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion,Slow to anger and great in mercy.9 The Lord is good to all,And His tender mercies are over all His works. 14 The Lord upholds all who fall,And raises up all who are bowed down.15 The eyes of all look expectantly to You,And You give them their food in due season.16 You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.17 The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,To all who call upon Him in truth. –Ps. 145-8-9, 14-18 NKJV
- My son, do not forget my law,But let your heart keep my commands;2 For length of days and long life And peace they will add to you.3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;Bind them around your neck,Write them on the tablet of your heart,4 And so find favor and [a]high esteem In the sight of God and man.—Pro. 3:1-4 NKJV
- 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment. –Jam. 2:13 NKJV
- 18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines brighter and brighter until the full day. –Pro. 4:18 NASB
- That we would labor in grace and love to be those found with undivided hearts and single-minded attitudes towards the fear of the Lord and obedience to His voice and commandments.
- That we would be merciful to sinners the way God has been merciful to us and remember that mercy triumphs over judgement.
- That we would encounter a grace awakening and awareness that grace is not a license to compromise but the enablement to righteousness and holiness.
- That we would labor in grace to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God.
- That we would turn to God and seek Him with our whole heart because He is gracious, merciful, slow to anger, and great in lovingkindness—He longs to visit with His presence and leave a blessing behind Him.
- That we would produce fruit in keeping with repentance and confidently approach the throne of grace in order to obtain mercy and receive grace to help us in our time of need.
- That God longs to give grace and mercy to those who walk uprightly because the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn that shines brighter to the full day.
- That God’s goodness would lead us to repentance and we would arrive at the intersection of mercy and truth and the crossroads of righteousness and peace.
- That we would understand the Spirit of grace and blood of His Cross and be those who do not just rend our garments in repentance but rend our hearts and be found in His finished work of righteousness interceding.
- That we would experience new mercies every morning and sufficient grace all the day and be about our Father’s business, doing His will, and finishing His work.
- The Call For TRUTH and SPIRIT OUTPOURING
Isaiah 59:14-15 NKJV
Judgment is turned back, And justice stands afar off;
For truth is fallen in the street, honesty cannot enter.
Truth is nowhere to be found, And whoever shuns evil becomes a prey.
Romans 1:21, 25 KJV
…when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful;
but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more
than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
John 17:17 KJV
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Isaiah 64:1, 7 Amplified
Oh, that You would rend the heavens and that You would come down,
that the mountains might quake and flow down at Your presence—
And no one calls on Your name and awakens and bestirs himself to take and keep hold of You;
for You have hidden Your face from us and have delivered us into the [consuming] power of our iniquities.
General Direction: For us to be those found calling on God in truth and honesty with integrity of heart; that truth and Spirit pouring would melt the 7 Mountains of Social impact and make them strongholds of righteousness, goodness, and truth; that we would love the truth and be led by Holy Spirit in sanctification of godliness and holiness.
- 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. –Ps. 51:6 NKJV
- 22 But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries. –Ex. 23:22 NKJV
- 13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. –Ps. 27:13 NKJV
- 16 So that he who blesses himself in the earth Shall bless himself in the God of truth;And he who swears in the earth Shall swear by the God of truth;
Because the former troubles are forgotten, And because they are hidden from My eyes.17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or [a]come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy. –Is. 65:16-18 NKJV
- Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [b]authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and [c]reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.–1 Tim. 2:1-4 NKJV
- 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[a] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. –2 Pet. 3:9, 11-12, 14-15 NIV
- 30 He must increase, but I must decrease. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:30, 34 NKJV
- 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. 35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! –Jn. 4:34-35 NKJV
- 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said,out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” –Jn. 7:38 NKJV
- 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify[a] them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. 20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who [a]will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. –Jn. 17:3-4, 15-17, 19-23 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts 1:8 NKJV
- 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. 18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. –Acts 2:16-18 NKJV
- 17 The Lord is righteous in all His ways,Gracious in all His works.18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,To all who call upon Him in truth.19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;He also will hear their cry and save them.20 The Lord preserves all who love Him,But all the wicked He will destroy. –Ps. 145:17-20 NKJV
- 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. –1 Jn. 1:7, 9 NKJV
- 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:11-14 NIV
- 2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house. –Heb. 3:2 NKJV
- 9 (for the fruit of the [a]Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 15 See then that you walk [a]circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. –Eph. 5:9-10, 15-17 NKJV
- 13 The one who breaks open will come up before them;They will break out,Pass through the gate,And go out by it;Their king will pass before them,With the Lordat their head.” –Micah 2:13 NKJV
- 7 Therefore I will look to the Lord;I will wait for the God of my salvation;My God will hear me.8 Do not rejoice over me, my enemy;When I fall, I will arise;When I sit in darkness,The Lord will be a light to me.9 I will bear the indignation of the Lord,Because I have sinned against Him,Until He pleads my case And executes justice for me.
He will bring me forth to the light; I will see His righteousness. –Micah 7:7-9 NKJV
- For the messengers to cease to allow themselves to be heaped up and gathered by a people with itching ears consuming only that which tickles their fleshly ears.
- For God’s people to prevail in prayer by calling on God in truth and seeking Him with integrity of heart.
- For God’s people to possess truth in the inmost places and live in the freedom that truth takes us to.
- For us to understand that the eyes of the Lord looks for truth to be found and listens for the voice of justice in the earth.
- For God to rend the heavens and open the floodgates to come down like a mighty river in justice and righteousness and in the Spirit of Truth and Last Days Outpouring in the 7 Mountains of Cultural Influences:
- For us not to lose heart knowing we will see the goodness of the Lord in the latter rain of His Holy Spirit in this present life—in our time He would revive us and make Himself known.
- For us to call out in truth and stand believing for the breaker anointing (Micah 2:13) to break through to have God remember mercy in wrath and have mercy triumph over judgment.
- For a revival of the Bible and hearts that seek truth, be led by the Spirit of Truth, and let truth take them to wherever it is found.