29 Aug R3 Alliance Online Prayer, THE HAND OF THE LORD, Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018
Acts 11:21 NKJV
And the HAND OF THE LORD was with them: and a great number believed, and turned to the LORD.
Psalm 143:5-6 NIV
I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.
I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land. Selah
Psalm 8:3-6 Amplified
When I view and consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers…
What is man that You are mindful of him…
You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
He’s got the whole world in His hands! The hands of the LORD are inseparable from Scripture and history and undeniable in reality and experience for those believing. The word “hand” occurs approximately 1,800 times in the Bible with many more references such as touching, holding, uplifting, and reaching not included. Hebrew teachers and poets depict the hands of God as literal, figurative, and technical. They are portrayed anthropomorphically meaning, because God is Spirit and has no physical body. He reveals Himself to those created in His image and likeness by attributing to Himself human traits. It is God associating Himself with man by expressing human features as if this would be God if He were a part of that which He created. In the case of Christ, Immanuel literally became God with us as the God/man.
The original languages used for the hands of the LORD are translated into revealing God’s strength, might, power, and authority. They are pervasive with pictorial imagery that display His handiwork in heaven and earth, the wonders of His working, and His creativity and excellency of skills and craftsmanship. Hands are the essence of the individual. Hands communicate attributes and perform deeds. They speak more eloquently than does words, since the actions of the hand come from the heart. They portray the heart condition of their owner. (Dictionary of Biblical Imagery). They reveal God’s enablement, empowerment, and uplifting ability. Another application is: Phil. 4:5, The Lord is at hand, meaning His immediacy, imminency, and intimacy.
Of the Early Church it was documented that: The hand of the Lord was with them. (Acts 11:21) God’s invisible hand can rest on a nation, region, city, church, family, generation, or individual. Moreover, His hand can be on a calling or work. We are given recorded evidence of the hand of the LORD in Mark’s Gospel 16:19-20 He (Jesus) was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. You can trace His hand through the trail of His disciples.
Romans 1:20 NIV, Since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Although God’s hand may not be visible His works are undeniable. You cannot see the wind but you can feel it. You may not see microwaves but you can see water boiling in them. The hand of God is similar to WiFi. WiFi is an invisible wireless network made accessible wherever it is intentionally set up. Although God is omnipresent, He only places His hand where it is made accessible. People, places, and things can be “Hotspots of God’s handiwork” opening portals of power, revelatory knowledge, and unveiling of prophetic truths hidden from the average person. All things initially came from the hand of the Lord and all things will ultimately end up in the hands of the living God. His hand is dynamic in its handiwork. His hand can bless or comfort, give favor and good, help and uphold, correct and protect, provide and prosper or demolish, uproot, and cast away forever.
President Abraham Lincoln references this in his 1863 Proclamation of the National Day of Fasting: We have been the recipients of the choicest of bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. WE HAVE FORGOTTEN THE GRACIOUS HAND, which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us….It behooves us to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness.
There is an inseparable link between the Creator’s craftsmanship and the work of our hands. Psalm 8:3-6, When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers… What is man that You are mindful of him? And the son of man that You visit him? You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands. Jesus was the model and example: Didn’t you know I must be about My Father’s business? I can do nothing without Him. I only do those things I hear My Father teaching. And, I came, not to do My will, but to do the will of My Father and finish His work. All of us are building with our hearts and hands. Unless the LORD builds the house they labor in vain that build it. (Ps. 127:1)
There are two other powerful pictures given to us relative God’s hands: One is: I have engraved you on the palm of My hands. (Is. 49:16) This meaning that God has forever carved or branded us in His hand in order to have us always before Him and never forget who we are to Him! Secondly, Jesus said, No man can snatch you from My hand. (Jn. 10:28-29) In other words, we are safe and secure in Him Whose hands holds the universe.
Beloved, let these truths lift your soul and uphold your heart! But for a stubborn, rebellious, world He is working to invite them to seek His visitation and provision…the rest of them, who did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols made of gold and silver. (Rev. 9:20) But for us the Scripture says He showed His disciples His work: Behold, My hands and side—He then says, Blessed are those who not have seen, and yet believe. (Jn. 20:27-29)
Today we are praying for the Hand of the Lord to be made known in five encounters:
- The HAND of GOD’S INVITATION
- The HAND of GOD’S VISITATION
- The HAND of GOD’S PROVISION
- The HAND of GOD’S CORRECTION
- The HAND of GOD’S PROTECTION
Those of us who have felt His touch and witnessed, All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—we can speak by experience. We have concluded that where hearts are one with His heart our hands fit in Him like a glove. More than ever before in these last days we need to know that our times are in His hands, the devil knows his time is short, and all things are made beautiful in God’s time. Let us believe and seek for the hand of the Lord to be over our hearts and heads. May our hands be occupied in serving, doing the Father’s will, and finishing His work! Let us find out where His hands are working and join Him there! Let us take hold of that which has taken hold of us so we can conclude: “He’s got my whole world in His hands!” When God writes His signature on my life saying, “I AM was here!” We can say, “So was I!”
- The HAND of GOD’S INVITATION
1 Chronicles 4:10 NKJV
Oh…that Your hand would be with me…
Isaiah 65:2 NIV
All day long I have held out my hand to an obstinate people,
Let Your hand become my help, For I have chosen Your precepts.
1 Peter 5:6 NKJV
Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
General Direction: That God stands with His hands outstretched, reaching out to us; that our invitation will determine His visitation, which can result in His habitation among us; that more than ever before we need His hand of correction, protection, and provision as we preach the word with His working of signs, wonders, and miracles.
- 19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. –Mk. 16:19-20 NKJV
- 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, –Phil. 3:12-13 NIV
- 24 But let justice run down like water,And righteousness like a mighty stream. –Amos 5:24 NKJV
- 10 According to Your name, O God,So is Your praise to the ends of the earth;Your right hand is full of righteousness. –Psalm 48:10 NKJV
- 23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;You hold me by my right hand.24 You will guide me with Your counsel,And afterward receive me to glory. 26 My flesh and my heart fail;But God is the [a]strength of my heart and my portion forever. 27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who [b]desert You for harlotry. 28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works.–Ps. 73:23-24, 26-28 NKJV
- 41 Yes, again and again they tempted God,And limited the Holy One of Israel.42 They did not remember His [a]power: The day when He redeemed them from the enemy, 43 When He worked His signs in Egypt, And His wonders in the field of Zoan;–Ps. 78:41-43 NKJV
- 20 I have found My servant David;With My holy oil I have anointed him,21 With whom My hand shall be established;Also My arm shall strengthen him. –Ps. 89:20-21 NKJV
- 11 And brought out Israel from among them,For His mercy endures forever;12 With a strong hand, and with [a]an outstretched arm, For His mercy endures forever;–Ps. 136:11-12 NKJV
- Oh, that You would [a]rend the heavens! That You would come down! That the mountains might shake at Your presence— 2 As fire burns brushwood, As fire causes water to boil— To make Your name known to Your adversaries, That the nations may tremble at Your presence! 6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like [a]filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away. 7 And there is no one who calls on Your name, Who stirs himself up to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us, And have [b]consumed us because of our iniquities. 8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. –Is. 64:1-2, 6-8 NKJV
- 4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him. 7 You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah –Ps. 32:4-7 NKJV
- 2 Let my prayer be set before You as incense,The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. –Ps. 141:2 NKJV
- 8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; –1 Tim. 2:8 NKJV
- 49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” —Lk. 2:49 NKJV
- 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 29 Jesus said to him, [a]“Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” –Jn. 20:25, 27, 29 NKJV
- The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying: 2 “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” 3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the [a]wheel. 4 And the vessel that he [b]made of clay was [c]marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. 5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! 7 The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, 8 if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. –Jer. 18:1-8 NKJV
- 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, [a]sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. –Jer. 2:20-21 NKJV
- 7 And there is no one who calls on Your name,Who stirs himself up to take hold of You;For You have hidden Your face from us,And have [a]consumed us because of our iniquities. 8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. –Is. 64:7-8 NKJV
- 4 Thus I will bless You while I live;I will lift up my hands in Your name. –Ps. 63:4 NKJV
- 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself.Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”40 [a]When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 50 And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. –Lk. 24:39-40, 50 NKJV
- 9 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Let your hands be strong, You who have been hearing in these days These words by the mouth of the prophets, Who spoke in the day the foundation was laid For the house of the Lord of hosts, That the temple might be built. –Zech. 8:9 NKJV
- That we would acknowledge that God has already extended His invitation from heaven and is waiting for us to take His hand of leadership and enablement.
- That we would understand our need to first, humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God, and that He would lift us up and uphold us with His power and strength.
- That we comprehend that He is the Potter and we are the clay and He is sovereign in His choosing of what kind of vessel He will make of us and we are responsible to the condition of the clay we place in His hands.
- That God is waiting for us to stir ourselves up and take hold of that which has taken hold of us as we take hold of the higher calling of God heavenward in Christ Jesus.
- That as Jabez prayed, we interceded for God’s hand to be with us to work with us as we go by faith in His name preaching the Word with the accompanying of signs, wonders, and miracles.
- That God would have us lift up holy hands without wrath or doubting as an offering in the evening sacrifices and incense.
- That because God’s lovingkindness is better the life we will lift up our hands to celebrate and surrender to His goodness and grace.
- That our invitation will determine His visitation resulting in His habitation with us.
- That we would never take for granted that grace has reached down into our lowly estate and lifted up where we belong in Him.
- That we will be ever-mindful that He has engraved us on the palm of His hand as Jesus revealed the imprint of the nails on His hands that forever God will never forget us.
- That we can rejoice that when we couldn’t get to heaven—heaven came to us and promised that no one or nothing can snatch us from His hand.
- The HAND of GOD’S VISITATION
Acts 11:21 NKJV
And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.
Psalm 8:3-6 NKJV
When I consider the heavens, the work of Your fingers….What is man that You are mindful of him? And the son of man THAT YOU VISIT him? You have made him to have dominion over the work of Your hands.
General Direction: That we understand where God has already “visited” us in creation and the cross; that we realize the next visitation of God will depend on our invitation and His habitation will be determined by how we continue in His ways, work, and will.
- The Lord is good to all;he has compassion on ALL HE HAS MADE. ALL YOU HAVE MADE WILL PRAISE YOU, O LORD;your faithful people extol you. THE LORD UPHOLDS ALL WHO FALL AND LIFTS UP ALL WHO ARE BOWED DOWN. YOU OPEN YOUR HAND AND SATISFY THE DESIRES OF EVERY LIVING THING. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and LOVING TOWARDS ALL HE HAS MADE. Psalm 145:9-10, 14, 16-17 NIV
- My Presence will go with you… and I WILL COVER YOU WITH MY HAND WHILE I PASS BY: And I will take My hand away and thou shalt see Me hand past; but My face shall not be seen –Exodus 33:14, 22-23 NKJV
- 23 for the Lord your God dried up the waters of the Jordan before you until you had crossed over, as the Lord your God did to the Red Sea, which He dried up before us until we had crossed over, 24 that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of the Lord, that it is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God [a]forever.” –Jsh. 4:23-24 NKJV
- 20 But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. –Lk. 11:20 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Ac. 10:38 NKJV
- 12 Then Moses said to the Lord, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’ 13 Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.” –Ex. 33:12-13 NKJV
- 5 And Joshua said to the people, “Sanctify[a] yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.” 9 So Joshua said to the children of Israel, “Come here, and hear the words of the Lord your God.” 10 And Joshua said, “By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites: –Jsh. 3:5, 9-10 NKJV
- 24 that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of the Lord, that it is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God [a]forever.” –Jsh. 4:24 NKJV
- 13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?” 14 So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?” –Jsh. 5:13-14 NKJV
- 3 For the Lord is the great God,And the great King above all gods.4 [a]In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also. 5 The sea is His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry land. –Ps. 95:3-5 NKJV
- 2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, –Ps. 107:2 NKJV
- 5 You have [a]hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. 7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in [b]hell, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. –Ps. 139:5-10 NKJV
- 19 So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. 20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,” Says the Lord. –Is. 59:19-20 NKJV
- 3 Strengthen the [a]weak hands, And make firm the [b]feeble knees. 4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.” –Is. 35:3-4 NKJV
- 12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed. 14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; –Heb. 12:12-15 NKJV
- 44 Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, “There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea!” So he said, “Go up, say to Ahab, [a]‘Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you.’ ” 46 Then the hand of the Lord came upon Elijah; and he girded[a] up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.-1 Kgs. 18:44, 46 NKJV
- 15 Then Elijah said, “As the Lord of hosts lives, before whom I stand, I will surely present myself to him today.” –1 Kgs. 18:15 NKJV
- 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. –Jam. 1:27 NKJV
- 8 The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.—Gen. 2:8 NKJV
- 6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood,By man his blood shall be shed;For in the image of God He made man. –Gen. 9:6 NKJV
- 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying [a]to me, “Do not be afraid;I am the First and the Last. –Rev. 1:17 NKJV
- 7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies,And Your right hand will save me. –Ps. 138:7 NKJV
- 6 “Your right hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power;Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces. 12 You stretched out Your right hand;The earth swallowed them. –Ex. 15:6, 12 NKJV
- 2 So the Lord said to him, “What is that in your hand?” He said, “A rod.” –Ex. 4:2 NKJV
- 3 Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.”Immediately his leprosy was cleansed. –Mt. 8:3 NKJV
- 20 And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. 21 For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.” 22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter;your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour. –Mt. 9:20-22 NKJV
- 28 You have made known to me the ways of life;You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’ –Acts. 2:28 NKJV
- 9 Now Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him; so the children of Israel heeded him, and did as the Lord had commanded Moses. –Deut 34:9 NKJV
- 9 Yet the righteous will hold to his way, And he who has clean hands will be stronger and stronger.—Job. 17:9 NKJV
- 20 If we had forgotten the name of our God,Or stretched[a] out our hands to a foreign god, 21 Would not God search this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart. –Ps. 44:20-21 NKJV
- 17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,And establish the work of our hands for us;Yes, establish the work of our hands.— Ps. 90:17 NKJV
- 6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. 13 The Lord looks from heaven;He sees all the sons of men. 15 He fashions their hearts individually;He [a]considers all their works.–Ps. 33:6, 13, 15 NKJV
- That, like never before, the church again must have the Lord’s hand with us because the days are evil and the devil knows his time is short.
- That God’s visitation is dependent on our invitation and how we are about His business in creating a habitation of His hand with us.
- That we need the hand of the LORD to lift us out of ourselves and uphold us to do His work with our hands and His will with our hearts.
- That we allow God to accomplish what concerns us and not force His hand to forsake us due to unbelief, rebellion, stubbornness, or idleness.
- That we walk in His ways, and work in His will to place a demand on His outstretched hand in our days.
- That we would continually recognize and discover where He has visited us in the marvels, miracles, and majesty of the work of His hands in creation.
- That God’s hands represent His heart extended for us in the nail scarred hands of Jesus and His abiding presence to never leave nor forsake us.
- That God has reached out to us so we must be His hand extended to the household of faith, the lost and dying, poor and needy, orphaned and widows—to the least of these.
- The HAND of GOD’S PROVISION
Genesis 22:8, 14
God will provide for Himself a lamb for burnt offering;
And Abraham called the name of the place Jehovah-Jireh, (for the LORD has seen and has provided).
For BY THE STRENGTH OF THE HAND OF THE LORD you were brought from this place (Egypt), and from the house of bondage.
Psalm 138:8 NKJV
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
General Direction: That the hand of God’s provision has been revealed in creation and the cross and we must access its work by faith, patience, and obedience; that our hands join where His hands are working in saving, healing, delivering, helping, blessing, and imparting.
- 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. –Phil. 4:19 NKJV
- 15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day. –Deut. 5:15 NKJV
- Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!For He has done marvelous things;His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory. 2 The Lord has made known His salvation;His righteousness He has revealed in the sight of the [a]nations. 3 He has remembered His mercy and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. –Ps. 98:1-3 NKJV
- Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened,That it cannot save;Nor His ear heavy,That it cannot hear.2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God;And your sins have hidden His face from you,So that He will not hear.3 For your hands are defiled with [a]blood, And your fingers with iniquity; Your lips have spoken lies, Your tongue has muttered perversity.—Is. 59:1-3 NKJV
- 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God predestined that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:10 NIV
- May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble;May the name of the God of Jacob [a]defend you; 2 May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion; 6 Now I know that the Lord saves His [a]anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand. 7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.–Ps. 20:1-2, 6-7 NKJV
- 6 For exaltation comes neither from the east Nor from the west nor from the south.7 But God is the Judge:He puts down one,And exalts another. –Ps. 75:6-7 NKJV
- 7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies,And Your right hand will save me.8 The Lordwill [a]perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. –Ps. 138:7-8 NKJV
- 17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’18 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may [a]establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. –Deut. 8:17-18 NKJV
- 35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. –Jn. 3:35 NKJV
- 3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, –Jn. 13:3 NKJV
- 21 Also your people shall all be righteous;They shall inherit the land forever,The branch of My planting,The work of My hands,That I may be glorified. –Is. 60:21 NKJV
- 22 They shall not build and another inhabit;They shall not plant and another eat;For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. –Is. 65:22 NKJV
- 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:10 NKJV
- My Presence will go with you… So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and WILL COVER YOU WITH MY HAND while I pass by. –Ex. 33:12-23 NKJV
- 23 The steps of a good man are [a]ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. –Ps. 37:23-24 NKJV
- 16 And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them. –Mk. 10:16 NKJV
- 7 “If there is among you a poor man of your brethren, within any of the [a]gates in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother, 8 but you shall [b]open your hand wide to him and willingly lend him sufficient for his need, whatever he needs. 11 For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, ‘You shall [a]open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.’ –Deut. 7-8, 11 NKJV
- 35 I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” –Ac. 20:35 NKJV
- 13 And Joseph took them both, Ephraim with his right hand toward Israel’s left hand, and Manasseh with his left hand toward Israel’s right hand, and brought them near him. 14 Then Israel stretched out his right hand and laid it on Ephraim’s head, who was the younger, and his left hand on Manasseh’s head, guiding his hands knowingly, for Manasseh was the firstborn. 15 And he blessed Joseph, and said: “God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked, The God who has fed me all my life long to this day, 16 The Angel who has redeemed me from all evil, Bless the lads; Let my name be named upon them, And the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; And let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.” 17 Now when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand on the head of Ephraim, it displeased him; so he took hold of his father’s hand to remove it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head. 18 And Joseph said to his father, “Not so, my father, for this one is the firstborn; put your right hand on his head.” –Gen. 48:13-18 NKJV
- 21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. –Heb. 11:21 NKJV
- 18 This [a]charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, –1 Tim. 1:18 NKJV
- Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to [a]perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, –Heb. 6:1 NKJV
- 2 For He has founded it upon the seas,And established it upon the [a]waters. 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. –Ps. 24:2-4 NKJV
- 12 Also the hand of God was on Judah to give them singleness of heart to obey the command of the king and the leaders, at the word of the Lord. –2 Chron. 30:12 NKJV
- 18 And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me.So they said, “Let us rise up and build.” Then they set[a] their hands to this good work. –Neh. 2:18 NKJV
- 18 Also day by day, from the first day until the last day, he read from the Book of the Law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day there was a sacred assembly, according to the prescribed manner.—Neh. 8:18 NKJV
- 14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. –Heb. 4:14-16 NKJV
- “Woe to him who strives with his Maker!Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth!Shall the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’Or shall your handiwork say, ‘He has no hands’?10 Woe to him who says to his father, ‘What are you begetting?’Or to the woman, ‘What have you brought forth?’ ”11 Thus says the Lord,The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:“Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons;And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me.12 I have made the earth,And created man on it.I—My hands—stretched out the heavens,And all their host I have commanded.13 I have raised him up in righteousness,And I will [a]direct all his ways; He shall build My city And let My exiles go free, Not for price nor reward,” Says the Lord of hosts.—Is. 45:9-13 NKJV
- 12 And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch. –Ac. 5:12 NKJV
- That God’s hand of provision has already been revealed in that which He created, His acts in history, and His working within Himself to redeem mankind back to Himself at the cross.
- That God’s hand Is able if we are willing.
- That by the strength of His mighty hand He has delivered us from bondage and the powers of darkness and translated us into His marvelous light and the kingdom of the Son of His love.
- That God is Jehovah-Jireh, the LORD who sees and provides, and His hand is able to supply all our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.
- That God models the generous hand of giving so we must imitate Him that it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- That our hands be found serving, occupied in working, and be and extension of God ‘s help, hope, and upholding those in need and those searching for His love.
- That because we have received of His hands we can say, “Such as I have, I give to you” in healing, deliverance, hope, and restoration.
- That we would recapture the power of “laying on of hands” in healing, impartation, casting out devils, and compassionate work of God.
- That we would learn where God’s hands are at work and join Him there.
- The HAND of GOD’S CORRECTION
Psalm 23:4b NKJV
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Luke 3:16-17 NKJV v. 8-9
He (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”
Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance…
Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
General Direction: That we understand those whom the Lord loves He corrects that we may share in His holiness; that our punishment took place at the cross and that His rod and staff are not meant to abuse and abandon but comfort and correct; that the work of our hands be found in bearing fruit, more fruit, and much fruit–30, 60, and 100-fold to His glory.
- 5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the children of Israel from among them.” –Ex. 7:5 NKJV
- 15 For indeed the hand of the Lord was against them, to destroy them from the midst of the camp until they [a]were consumed. 16 “So it was, when all the men of war had finally perished from among the people, –Deut. 2:15-16 NKJV
- 13 would you wait for them till they were grown? Would you restrain yourselves from having husbands? No, my daughters; for it grieves me very much for your sakes that the hand of the Lord has gone out against me!” –Ruth 1:13 NKJV
- 6 But the hand of the Lord was heavy on the people of Ashdod, and He ravaged them and struck them with tumors,[a] both Ashdod and its territory. –1 Sam. 5:6 NKJV
- 10 But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.11 Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, each one came from his own place—Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. For they had made an appointment together to come and mourn with him, and to comfort him. 12 And when they raised their eyes from afar, and did not recognize him, they lifted their voices and wept; and each one tore his robe and sprinkled dust on his head toward heaven. –Job 2:10-12 NKJV
- For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him; 7 You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. 9 Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you. –Ps. 32:4-9 NKJV
- 11 And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.” And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand. –Ac. 13:11 NKJV
- 11 And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.” And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand. –Deut. 6:14-15 NKJV
- 15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous;The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted;The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.17 I shall not die, but live,And declare the works of the Lord.18 The Lord has chastened[a] me severely, But He has not given me over to death. –Ps. 118:15-18 NKJV
- 12 and they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them, and they bowed down to them; and they provoked the Lord to anger. 13 They forsook the Lord and served [a]Baal and the [b]Ashtoreths. 14 And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel. So He delivered them into the hands of plunderers who despoiled them; and He sold them into the hands of their enemies all around, so that they could no longer stand before their enemies. 15 Wherever they went out, the hand of the Lord was against them for calamity, as the Lord had said, and as the Lord had sworn to them. And they were greatly distressed. –Jdgs. 2:12-15 NKJV
- 6 But the hand of the Lord was heavy on the people of Ashdod, and He ravaged them and struck them with tumors,[a] both Ashdod and its territory. 7 And when the men of Ashdod saw how it was, they said, “The ark of the God of Israel must not remain with us, for His hand is harsh toward us and Dagon our god.” 9 So it was, after they had carried it away, that the hand of the Lord was against the city with a very great destruction; and He struck the men of the city, both small and great, [a]and tumors broke out on them. –1 Sam 5:6-7, 9 NKJV
- 5 Therefore you shall make images of your tumors and images of your rats that ravage the land, and you shall give glory to the God of Israel; perhaps He will lighten[a] His hand from you, from your gods, and from your land. –1 Sam. 6:5 NKJV
- 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a]says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. –Heb. 10:30-31 NKJV
- 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. –2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJV
- The Lord sent a word against Jacob,And it has fallen on Israel… THAT HIS HAND IS STRETCHED OUT STILL. –Isaiah 9:8, 12 NKJV
- 3 For your hands are defiled with [a]blood, And your fingers with iniquity; Your lips have spoken lies, Your tongue has muttered perversity. –Is. 59:3 NKJV
- A[a] proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, –Pro. 6:17 NKJV
- 8 in that you provoke Me to wrath with the works of your hands, burning incense to other gods in the land of Egypt where you have gone to dwell, that you may cut yourselves off and be a curse and a reproach among all the nations of the earth? –Jer. 44:8 NKJV
- 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. –Jam. 4:8 NKJV
- The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord,Like the [a]rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes. –Pro. 21:1 NKJV
- 17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord. –Is. 54:17 NKJV
- 19 So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west,And His glory from the rising of the sun;When the enemy comes in like a flood,The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. –Is. 59:19 NKJV
- 6 Set a wicked man over him,And let an [a]accuser stand at his right hand. 7 When he is judged, let him be found guilty, And let his prayer become sin. –Ps. 109:6-7 NKJV
- 6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,And a two-edged sword in their hand,7 To execute vengeance on the nations,And punishments on the peoples;8 To bind their kings with chains,And their nobles with fetters of iron;9 To execute on them the written judgment—This honor have all His saints.[a]Praise the Lord! –Ps. 149:6-9 NKJV
- 10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. –Rev. 12:10-11 NKJV
- 16 Length of days is in her right hand,In her left hand riches and honor. –Pro. 3:16 NKJV
- 15 My times are in Your hand;Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,And from those who persecute me. –Ps. 31:15 NKJV
- 2 A wise man’s heart is at his right hand,But a fool’s heart at his left. –Eccl. 10:2 NKJV
- 31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the[a]holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. –Mt. 25:31 NKJV
- 6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which [a]he received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; 10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. –2 Thes. 3:6-7, 10 NKJV
- 25 The desire of the lazy man kills him,For his hands refuse to labor. –Pro. 21:25 NKJV
- 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Eph. 4:28 NKJV
- 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ –Mt. 25:30 NKJV
- 5 Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,And my age is as nothing before You;Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah –Ps. 39:5 NKJV
- 12 So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom. –Ps. 90:12 NKJV
- 4 Man is like a breath;His days are like a passing shadow. –Ps. 144:4 NKJV
- 21 “Not everyone who says to Me,‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ –Mt. 7:21-23 NKJV
- 13 Surely I have [a]cleansed my heart in vain, And washed my hands in innocence.—Ps. 73:13 NKJV
- That we must never forget that God is a loving Father and that those whom He loves He chastens and corrects that we may share in His holiness.
- That our punishment took place at the cross but our correction is necessary to adjust our attitude, correct our course, and teach our hands and hearts His ways.
- That the hand of God’s correction will find out every sin, confront saint and sinner, and God’s justice and judgment will repay every work of wickedness and evil, as well as, every labor of love and work of productivity.
- That we must distinguish the work of our hands: are we full of activity without productivity? Are we busy but barren of fruit?
- That the Father looks to the branches to evaluate their fruitfulness: Are they without fruit and need to be removed; are they bearing fruit to be pruned to bear more fruit; is our bearing much fruit promoting the production of more fruit to the glory of God? (Jn. 15:1-8, 11)
- That we understand that Jesus said He “must be about His Father’s business”, to do His will and finish His work, so we must be good stewards of the trust given us and shun slothful, idle, unproductive hands.
- That we put our hands to the plough of the kingdom and whatever our hands find to do, do it with all our might.
- That we daily maintain clean hands and a pure heart—that we learn to wash our hands in the fountain drawn from Immanuel’s vein, as well as, wash our hands in integrity and innocence to avoid being double-minded and our hearts divided.
- That our hands be occupied with uprooting, demolishing, and destroying the works of evil and the evil one and we be found planting, cultivating, building, blessing, and promoting the kingdom of God’s own Son.
- Never forget that the Shepherd’s rod and staff are not intended to abuse and abandon but to correct and comfort.
- The HAND of GOD’S PROTECTION
1 Chronicles 4:10 NKJV
…That Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from evil.
Psalm 23:4b KJV
For thou art with me: THY ROD and THY STAFF THEY COMFORT ME.
General Direction: That God’s hand covers us from the curse, opens His blessing, and is our refuge, fortress, sanctuary, and deliverance from the hand of the wicked and the devil; that God’s hand represents His Presence, Power, Peace, and Presence; that there may be times we cannot trace His hands but we can always trust His heart for He is good and does good.
- 31 [a]And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed,Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. –Lk. 22:31 NKJV
- 13 You have a mighty arm;Strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand.14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne;Mercy and truth go before Your face. –Ps. 89:13-14 NKJV
- 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. –Jn. 10:28-29 NKJV
- 13 And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation[a] of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. 14 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold[b] your peace.” –Ex. 14:13-14 NKJV
- 6 “Your right hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power;Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces. –Ex. 15:6 NKJV
- 15 And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you. 16 Also you shall [a]destroy all the peoples whom the Lord your God delivers over to you; your eye shall have no pity on them; nor shall you serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you. 19 the great trials which your eyes saw, the signs and the wonders, the mighty hand and the outstretched arm, by which the Lord your God brought you out. So shall the Lord your God do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid. –Deut. 7:15-16, 19 NKJV
- 29 If only this people were under my [a]authority! Then I would remove Abimelech.” So [b]he said to Abimelech, “Increase your army and come out!”—Jdgs. 9:29 NKJV
- 14 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;I say, “You are my God.”15 My times are in Your hand;Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,And from those who persecute me. 19 Oh, how great is Your goodness,Which You have laid up for those who fear You,Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men!20 You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man;You shall keep them secretly in a [a]pavilion From the strife of tongues. –Ps. 31:14-15, 19-20 NKJV
- He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;My God, in Him I will trust.” 4 He shall cover you with His feathers,And under His wings you shall take refuge;His truth shall be your shield and [a]buckler. 9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall [a]bear you up, Lest you [b]dash your foot against a stone. 14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will [a]set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With [b]long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.” –Ps. 91:1-2, 4, 9-12, 14-16 NKJV
- 5 Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. 7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. –Ps. 36:5, 7 NKJV
- 4 ‘You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I [a]bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. 5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. 6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.” –Ex. 19:4-6 NKJV
- 71 That we should be saved from our enemies And from the hand of all who hate us, 74 To grant us that we,Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,Might serve Him without fear, –Lk. 1:71, 74 NKJV
- 25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe.The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. –Jn. 10:25, 28-29 NKJV
- 16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;Your walls are continually before Me. –Is. 49:16 NKJV
- 5 The Lord is your [a]keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand. –Ps. 121:5 NKJV
- That the hand of the LORD represents His covering from the curse and His hand of defense against the devil.
- That His hand is the shadow of His wings and the secret place of His closeness.
- That God’s hand only allows, “sifting” to sort us out for the better and makes us ready for the Master’s use, and not to discourage and discard us.
- That we comprehend the shortness of our days in this life and that God has numbered our days and has our times in His hands therefore, we must have His wisdom to work, His hands to extend, and His heart to will.
- That God said “He bore us on eagle’s wings” and He would protect us with His power, provisions, peace, and presence.
- That sometimes we may not understand His will and can’t trace His hand working but we can always trust His heart and believe in His ways and all things are being worked together for our good.
- That our God’s hands bear us up, surrounding us with angels who encamp round about us, making Him our shield, strongtower, refuge, sanctuary and fortress.
- That God is able to deliver us from the snare of the fowler, the growing pestilence, and the hands of the wicked and hell.
- That we should never fear nor doubt the covering of God’s hand and that nothing can snatch us from His hand and we are carved on the palm of His hands.