20 Jun R3 Alliance Online Prayer, MAN…WHERE IS YOUR MAKER?, Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Five Marks of a God-Made Man
Job 35:9-10 NKJV
Because of the multitude of oppressions they cry out;
They cry out for help because of the arm of the mighty.
But no one says, ‘WHERE IS GOD MY MAKER’…?
Many a man claims to be “self-made”. However, the “self-made man” has a fool for his maker. The man that shapes himself outside of the Potter’s handiwork has an idol in the making. The masculine soul that places himself under the banner “men working ahead”, is, block by block, constructing a temple that has lost touch with the original intention for which he was created and lost vision of who he could potentially be as the redeemed.
Man’s maker intricately wrought his inmost being in his mother’s womb; the interweaving of his Genetic Code and hardwiring his Spirit giftings make up the man, while, simultaneously, the Ancient of Days fashions the days into which the man will live and his appointed time to the kingdom at hand. Thus says the Scripture He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Eccl. 3:11 NIV)
At this juncture of history we are observing the erosion of a nation’s foundation by diminishing the role of masculinity and undermining the design of fatherhood. Psalm 82:3-5 KJV Defend the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy. They know not, neither will they understand: they walk in darkness. ALL THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH ARE OUT OF COURSE. This is especially true of masculinity and fathering. Men are way-makers; dads are destinies; fathers are futures. As goes the man/father so goes the society, so goes the state of being, so goes the future of wellbeing. God created the man as the foundation of generations and fathers are the guard rails of society. No wonder all of hell has unleashed a wicked assault on masculinity and the role of fathers as prophet, priest, and king of their home, church and community. The sons of disobedience make a mockery of manhood and fathers portraying them as a “laughing stock” of dumb, disconnected, inept buffoons. Moreover, the gates of hell target distracted dads seducing them into the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and pleasures of this life in order to neutralize their potential threat and disarm their clear and present danger. Our culture and the prince of the power of the air has successfully untethered men and masculinity from their Maker. It sets them adrift on an ocean of opinion and redefinition as to what is a “real man” and why do we need fathers? Thus we witness the decline of a nation due to the de-evolution of masculinity and fatherhood as they walk in darkness while setting the foundations of the earth out of course. Psalm 11:3 NIV When the foundations are being destroyed what can the righteous do? What can the righteous do? The righteous can rise up and seize the momentum set at the cross. Jesus redeemed mankind as a new creation and made a public display of the devil defeating and disarming his authority and power over us at the cross! We are called to recapture the original intention of the Creator. What is man that thou art mindful of him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor…to have dominion over the works of thy hands. –Psalm 8:4-6 KJV
Our endeavor is, not to run ahead with our good intentions and best laid plans of redefining manhood with social engineering, but to become yoked-again to the Son of God and His finished work and God’s blueprint. Ecclesiastes 12:1 KJV Remember NOW thy creator in the days of thy youth…when thou shalt say I have no pleasure in them. Now is the time to re-member what has become scattered and retake the pieces and replace them to the Maker’s grand design of the puzzle’s Big Picture.
As men we are called, not to run the race we set for ourselves, but run the race of the appointed course marked before us with endurance as we fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. Our labors of praying are to lay hold of the reality that a man’s life is ever in the flux of God –given possibilities and opportunities and man’s chosen productiveness and pursuits of life, love, and liberty. We will seek to delineate the ebb and flows of self-ambition and self-gratification versus the heavenly record set before us to choose blessing or curse, life or death, Grand Design or plans of man, purposes temporal or purposes eternal. Jesus warned, Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. (Lk. 12:15)
Jesus did not overcome this world and conquer our adversary at the cross just to keep us out of hell. He redeemed us at a price to re-establish our identity and purpose and to give us the kingdom of heaven as a trust to our stewardship! Only the Truth knows how many men, who are Christians and going to heaven, but will spend their lives on things that do not count and waste the opportunity to be a God-Made-Man and store up treasures in heaven while enjoying fullness of life on earth! According to 1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
A legacy worth leaving is one that is full of good works and rich towards God in storing up great riches and rewards in heaven while laying down footsteps behind that leads everyone to the God-Made Man. To the wealth of wisdom and knowledge of life according to God’s plans and purpose. God does not desire for us to just squeak by and enter eternity while suffering loss all because we failed to weigh worth and value time, talents and treasures, while seeking His gain over all others. Our’s is a quest to hear Him say Well done, good and faithful servant in Five Marks of a God-Made Man:
- He Traded…Achievements For Fulfillments
- He Traded…Awards For Rewards
- He Traded…Pleasures for Treasures
- He Traded…Trophies for Testimonies
- He Traded…Goals for Roles
The end of our faith in prayer together is the redefining, reinstalling, and rerouting the out of course currents of earth and to develop the God-Made Man, to reverse the curses that are destroying the foundations, and once again put the father of lies, who is the god of this world, under our feet as we reclaim our identity, purpose, plans, and pursuits in God our Maker Jehovah-Hosneu. (Ps. 95:6)
- He Traded…ACHIEVEMENTS for FULFILLMENTS
Proverbs 20:5 NIV
The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters,
But a man of understanding draws them out.
Psalm 138:8 NIV
The LORD WILL FULFILL HIS PURPOSE FOR ME:
Your love, O LORD endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands
General Direction: That as men we understand that God has plans for hope and a future with an expected end; that the greater thing is to fulfill one’s purpose and plans for God not just accumulate self-achievements for vainglory; that we learn that our potential is God’s gift for us, but what we do with our potential is our gift to Him. (Jn. 15:8, 16)
- 3 Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.–Pro. 16:3 Amp.
- 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; –Phil. 1:6 NKJV
- 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. –Phil. 2:12-13 NKJV
- 12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. –Heb. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 5 Commit[a] your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. –Ps. 37:5 NKJV
- 8 It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. 23 [a]This was the Lord’s doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. 24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. –Ps. 118:8, 23-24 NKJV
- 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding;6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He shall [a]direct your paths. –Pro. 3:5-6 NKJV
- 19 Oh, how great is Your goodness,Which You have laid up for those who fear You,Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men! –Ps. 31:19 NKJV
- 10 “Who among you fears the Lord?Who obeys the voice of His Servant?Who walks in darkness And has no light?Let him trust in the name of the Lord And rely upon his God. –Is. 50:10 NKJV
- 13 But we are [a]bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through [b]sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, –2 Thes. 2:13 NKJV
- 23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify[a] you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. –1 Thes. 5:23-24 NKJV
- 17 Sanctify[a] them by Your truth.Your word is truth. –Jn. 17:17 NKJV
- 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. –Rom. 15:13
- 25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from[a] faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forever! –Rom. 16:25-27 NIV
- 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. –Eph. 3:20-21 NKJV
- 2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. –2 Tim. 2:2 NIV
- That as we divide asunder between self-achievements and divine fulfillments.
- That it is greater to fulfill a divine purpose and heavenly calling than to have personal achievement for vainglory.
- That we have only one life and only what is done for Christ is what will last.
- That we understand that the counsels of a man is a deep well, but a man of understanding, meaning the man himself, a spiritual father or friend, or that Lord’s counsel can draw then out for discovery and use.
- That we find men who seek to understand their identity in Christ, their giftings and calling of Holy Spirit, and fulfills God’s purpose in what He is anointed for and given Holy Spirit and power to complete.
- That a man can have many achievements in life and yet never run the race marked before him and finish well.
- That Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith and we are the work of his hands, therefore, we must entrust our lives to Him, and never seek to lean on our own understanding, but allow Him to order our steps and direct our paths.
- That God does not desire that we be successful and prosperous in just one part of our lives as men, but spiritually, family, financially, health, and ministry and calling in life.
- He Traded…AWARDS For REWARDS
Hebrews 11:6 NKJV
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is,
AND THAT HE IS A REWARDER OF THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.
Matthew 25:21 NKJV
His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things,
I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
General Direction: That we distinguish between awards (things done for men’s applause and praise of us) and rewards (things done for God’s glory and our eternal reward); to emulate Jesus’ model of being about His Father’s business, doing His Father’s will by only saying what His Father is speaking, doing what He sees His Father doing, and always pleasing His Father until He has finished His work.
- 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— –1 Cor. 1:30 NKJV
- 20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use.21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. –2 Tim. 2:20-21 NIV
- 14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; –Heb. 12:14-15 NKJV
- After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, [a]your exceedingly great reward.” –Gen. 15:1 NKJV
- 9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. 11 Moreover by them Your servant is warned,And in keeping them there is great reward. –Ps. 19:9, 11 NKJV
- 11 So that men will say,“Surely there is a reward for the righteous;Surely He is God who judges in the earth.” –Ps. 58:11 NKJV
- Behold, the Lord God shall come [a]with a strong hand, And His arm shall rule for Him; Behold, His reward is with Him, And His [b]work before Him. –Is. 40:10 NKJV
- 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you [a] –Mt. 6:4 NKJV
- 16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. 18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel [a]of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel. 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; –1 Cor. 9:16-19 NKJV
- 20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. –2 Cor. 1:20 NIV
- 6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written:“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;their righteousness endures forever.”[a] 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. –2 Cor. 9:6-11 NIV
- 12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. –Rev. 22:12 NKJV
- 11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. –Mt. 5:11-12 NKJV
- 26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, –Heb. 10:26 NKJV
- 47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. –Lk. 12:47-48 NIV
- 37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. –Lk. 12:37 NIV
- That we make a distinction between “awards” (being things we did that brought the applause and praise of men to us) and “rewards” (being things we did as good works in Christ, not to be seen of men, but by God and for His glory alone.)
- That our life is a seed that must fall into the ground and die to reproduce; we will be remembered and rewarded, not for what we received, but what we gave in life.
- That we are men found diligently seeking our God with our whole heart, in reckless abandon, leaving everything on the field, as we are busy about our Father’s business and all collected in concentration on doing the Father’s will.
- That we understand the greatest reward of all is knowing the LORD as our Redeemer, Savior, and Best Friend, and all other rewards are icing on the cake.
- That we understand ultimate rewards and the 3 kinds of Gain:
- Personal Gain
- Others Gain
- God’s Gain
- That we comprehend that awards done from self-interest and personal gain will be like the morning dew that passes, but when we do things for God’s gain we glory Him on earth and gain rewards as incentives in heaven.
- That as living sacrifices, our lives are not our own, and whether we live or die, we live or die to the Lord—for us as men to be able to say—“For me to live is Christ—and to die is gain”.
- He Traded…PLEASURES For TREASURES
Hebrews 11:24-26 NKJV
By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction
with the people of God than TO ENJOY THE PASSING PLEASURES OF SIN, esteeming the reproach of Christ
GREATER RICHES THAN THE TREASURES in Egypt; FOR HE LOOKED TO THE REWARD.
Matthew 6:21 NKJV
For WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS, THERE YOUR HEART WILL BE ALSO.
John 8:29 KJV
For I do always those things that PLEASE HIM.
General Direction: That we comprehend the difference between being lovers of self-pleasure and lovers of our God and love will cover a multitude of sin, meaning, as those motivated by love and led by Holy Spirit we will bypass the pleasures of sin for a season, to apprehend that which apprehended us and look to the rewards and eternal treasures we reserved in heaven out of learned obedience and faithful stewardship.
- 5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. –Heb. 11:5-6 NKJV
- 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. –Rom. 8:14-19 NKJV
- 6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. –Gal. 6:6-10 NKJV
- 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. –Gal. 5:24 NKJV
- 22 The blessing of the Lord makes one rich,And He adds no sorrow with it. –Pro. 10:22 NKJV
- 7 There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing;And one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches. –Pro. 13:7 NKJV
- 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and [a]prudence, –Eph. 1:8 NKJV
- 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, –Eph. 3:8 NKJV
- 5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? –Jam. 2:5 NKJV
- 19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. –Mt. 6:19-21 NKJV
- 21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect,go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” –Mt. 19:21 NKJV
- 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. –Lk. 12:33 NKJV
- 19 And I will say to my soul,“Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’ –Lk. 12:19 NKJV
- 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ –Phil 3:8 NKJV
- 19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. –1 Tim. 6:19 NKJV
- 6 But she who lives in [a]pleasure is dead while she lives. –1 Tim. 5:6 NKJV
- 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. –Rev. 3:18 NKJV
- 18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word,19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, [a]accept it, and bear fruit: some thirty fold, some sixty, and some a hundred.” –Mk. 4:18-20 NKJV
- But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, [b]unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. –2 Tim. 3:1-5, 7, 13-15 NKJV
- 17 Whoever loves pleasure will become poor;whoever loves wine and olive oil will never be rich. –Pro. 21:17 NIV
- 13 But instead, joy and gladness,Slaying oxen and killing sheep,Eating meat and drinking wine:“Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!” –Is. 22:13 NKJV
- 13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to [a]carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, [b]carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, –2 Pet. 2:13 NKJV
- I said in my heart, “Come now, I will test you with mirth; [a]therefore enjoy pleasure”; but surely, this also was vanity. –Eccl. 2:1 NKJV
- 15 So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor all the days of his life which God gives him under the sun. –Eccl. 8:15 NKJV
- 23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross[a]daily, and follow Me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. 25 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? –Lk. 9:23-25 NKJV
- 26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. –Lk. 14:26-27 NKJV
- We then who are strong ought to bear with the [a]scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. –Rom. 15:1 NKJV
- 28 Then Peter began to say to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You.”29 So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother[a]or wife or children or [b]lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, 30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” –Mk. 10:28-31 NKJV
- That we as men grasp the correlation between being lovers of pleasure and lovers of God; that self-pleasure is fleeting in a moment, but heavenly treasure is eternal; that we can live to please ourselves or live to please the Father and store treasures in generosity and sacrifice.
- That we gain an eternal perspective of time, talents, and treasures and heed Christ’s instructions to store up treasures in heaven, not on earth.
- That we guard and give our hearts for where our hearts are is where our treasures are.
- That we emulate Moses example of by-passing the passing pleasures of sin for a season, in order to fix our focus on looking to the rewards of obedience and faithfulness.
- That as sons of God, we are never driven by carnal pleasures, fleshly appetites, or selfish ambition, but led by the Spirit into God-given purpose and fulfillment as treasure.
- That we understand the treasures of divine darkness—when we are walking in places we can’t see or understand, but we still trust God, remain true to Him and ourselves, but He will accomplish that which concerns us and fulfill His purpose.
- That our greatest pleasure is to find that our treasure is in Christ, not us.
- He Traded…TROPHIES For TESTIMONIES
Hebrews 11:5 NKJV
By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”;
for before he was taken HE HAD THIS TESTIMONY, THAT HE PLEASED GOD.
Revelation 19:10 NKJV
And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant,
and of your brethren WHO HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS. WORSHIP GOD! FOR THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.”
General Direction: That we discern between “trophies” (that which we receive of men for winning or succeeding) and “testimonies” (that which is received of God for obedience, stewardship, and faithfulness); that God never called us to be successful, but faithful; that our trophies speak of accomplishments on earth; our testimonies speak of who we’ve become and what Christ did in and through us as living letters in open books.
- And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” –Jn. 1:16 NKJV
- 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” –Mt. 11:28-30 NKJV
- 24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. –Mt. 16:24 NKJV
- 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”–Jn. 13:15; 34-35 NKJV
- Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. –Heb. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [a]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; –2 Pet. 3:9, 11, 17 NKJV
- 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. –1 Tim. 4:8, 12-16 NIV
- 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. –1 Tim. 6:6-12 NIV
- 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. –2 Tim. 4:2-5 NKJV
- 19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of [a]Christ depart from iniquity.” 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, [b]sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. –2 Tim. 2:19-22, 25-26 NKJV
- 7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8 and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us. 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:7-8, 11-14 NIV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts 1:8 NKJV
- 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the [a]Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. –2 Cor. 3:2-6 NKJV
- Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor [a]handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. –2 Cor. 4:1-2 NKJV
- 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of [a]God which He has testified of His Son. 10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has [b]life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, [c]and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. –1 Jn. 5:9-13 NKJV
- 2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in [a]truth. 11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, [a]but he who does evil has not seen God. –3 Jn. 2-4, 11 NKJV
- 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.22 And on some have compassion, [a]making a distinction; 23 but others save [b]with fear, pulling them out of the [c]fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. 24 Now to Him who is able to keep [d]you from stumbling,And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, 25 To [e]God our Savior, [f]Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and [g]power, Both now and forever. Amen. –Jude 20-25 NKJV
- 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the [a]communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. –2 Cor. 13:14 NKJV
- 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to [a]God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. –1 Tim. 1:15, 17 NKJV
- 6 and has made us [a]kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,[a]the Beginning and the End,” says the [b]Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the ” –Rev. 1:6, 8 NKJV
- 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. –Jn. 5:19 NKJV
- 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will [a]by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. –Jn. 6:37-38 NKJV
- 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. –Jn. 5:39 NKJV
- 28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift[a] up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” –Jn. 8:28-29 NKJV
- That we make a clear delineation between “trophies” (that which one receives for winning or succeeding before men and this world) and “testimonies” (that which was either done in secret or done before men to let our light shine to glorify our God).
- That we are to run the race marked out for us and not the race we mark out for ourselves and receive the prize of heaven and testimony of God, not the achievements of a fleeting moment and trophies buried in time.
- That we as men imitate and follow in the footsteps of the walk of Enoch, in that he attained the testimony that he pleased God to the degree that God promoted him directly to heaven.
- That our trophies speak of an earthly competition with men and self—but our testimony speaks of what Christ has done for us and what he did for Him; trophies makes the world love the man; testimonies make the world see the love of God in a man.
- That we learn that a man may have many plans, but it is the Lord’s counsel that will stand, and that the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy that unlocks the secrets of His purpose and plans in the man who seeks to do His will and finish His work.
- That we be brutally honest with ourselves as men, avoid deceiving ourselves and denying the truth about us, in seeing ourselves the way we are seen from the throne room and weighing our works the way they will be weighed of the judgement seat of Christ.
- That our plans, preparations, and pursuits are not trophies from men, but testimonies for our God of “well done, good and faithful servant”.
- He Traded…GOALS For ROLES
Proverbs 19:21 NIV
Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
BUT IT IS THE LORD’S PURPOSE THAT PREVAILS.
1 John 3:8 NKJV
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
Jeremiah 1:11-12, 9-10 NKJV
“Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.”
Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.”
“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.”
Revelation 2:26 NKJV
And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE POWER OVER THE NATIONS—
General Direction: That as we understand that fulfilling our “God-role” is more important than achieving a “set-goal”; that a man may have many plans and goals. But it is only the Lord’s purpose that counts and prevails in the end; that we will not be judged for the race we ran for ourselves, but for the race we ran that was marked out for us; that our greatest satisfaction is not found in achievements of our goals but in fulfillment of our roles.
- 10 And have made [a]us kings[b] and priests to our God; And [c]we shall reign on the earth.” –Rev. 5:10 NKJV
- 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches[a] the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. –Rev. 2:23 NKJV
- 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:“For Your sake we are killed all day long;We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. –Rom. 8:31-37 NKJV
- 19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and [a]simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. –Rom. 16:19-20 NKJV
- 4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who[a]made them at the beginning‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” –Mt. 19:4-6 NKJV
- 26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over [a]all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that [b]moves on the earth.” –Gen. 1:26-28 NKJV
- 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.8 The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.10 Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four river heads. –Gen. 2:7-10 NKJV
- 15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman,And between your seed and her Seed;He shall bruise your head,And you shall bruise His heel.” –Gen. 3:15 NKJV
- This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created. –Gen. 5:1-2 NKJV
- 21 submitting to one another in the fear of [a]God. 22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might [b]sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, [c]of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. –Eph. 5:21-33 NKJV
- 5 Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; 6 not with eye service, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, –Eph. 6:5-6 NKJV
- 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.–1 Pet. 2:5, 9-10 NKJV
- 7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered. –1 Pet. 3:7 NKJV
- 22 The key of the house of David I will lay on his shoulder;So he shall open, and no one shall shut;And he shall shut, and no one shall open.23 I will fasten him as a peg in a secure place,And he will become a glorious throne to his father’s house.24 ‘They will hang on him all the glory of his father’s house, the offspring and the posterity, all vessels of small quantity, from the cups to all the pitchers. –Is. 22:22-24 NKJV
- 6 Indeed He says,‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob,And to restore the preserved ones of Israel;I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles,That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ” –Is. 49:6 NKJV
- 17 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,The Holy One of Israel:“I am the Lord your God,Who teaches you to profit,Who leads you by the way you should go. –Is. 48:17 NKJV
- 27 Let them shout for joy and be glad,Who favor my righteous cause;And let them say continually,“Let the Lord be magnified,Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness And of Your praise all the day long. –Ps. 35:27-28 NKJV
- 12 “And all nations will call you blessed,For you will be a delightful land,”Says the Lord of hosts. –Mal. 3:12 NKJV
- That we as men learn to differentiate between “goals” (those demarcations we seek to accomplish or achieve for ourselves) and “roles” (those plans and purpose that were assigned to us at birth and created for us as new creatures in Christ.)
- That we overcome seeking to achieve a life-goal that satisfies self and invokes worldly approval; but our labor in love and grace to fulfill our roll given to us by God (i.e. to walk in God’s blessing and favor, as we multiply, be fruitful, have dominion and subdue and replenish the earth as stewards of the Garden and glory of God.)
- That as men, God has delegated the roles of:
- Prophet: The man who speaks to his family from
- Priest: The man who speaks to his God for his family.
- King: The man who governs his household as a faithful steward of God.
- That we understand that a “Role” is greater than a “Goal”, in that, a “Goal” is something that may or may not happen and in most cases “man’s goals misses God’s target of counsel and purpose; but a “Role” is something essential to function, foundation, and finishing as intended in the mind of the Creator.
- That we must have prophetic understanding and a redemptive vision of God in seeing that we are Kings and Priests to our God; we will judge angels, rule over colonies and nations, and be co-heirs with Christ in the age to come; we are training for reigning.
- That we must seek to be faithful in small things and remember that, “how we govern our houses and life will be how we govern in heaven”—therefore we must pay attention to small things and be good stewards of the trust given us.
- That as men, we have a created purpose in our masculine role therefore we have a divine place to fill and fulfill in final accountability and responsibility.