23 May R3 Alliance, A HEDGE OF PROTECTION, Wednesday, May 23, 2018
(Five Ways to Repair the Breach and Make Up the Hedge)
Psalm 3:3 NASB
But You, O Lord, are a shield about me.
Psalm 34:7 NKJV
The angel of the LORD encamps ROUND ABOUT them that fear Him, and HE DELIVERS THEM.
Psalm 32:7 KJV
THOU ART MY HIDING PLACE; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
THOU SHALT COMPASS ME ABOUT WITH SONGS OF DELIVERANCE. Selah.
Zechariah 2:5 NKJV
For I, says the Lord, ‘will be a WALL OF FIRE ALL AROUND HER, and I will be the glory in her midst.’
After another mass school shooting we are again confronted with tragedy. Yet, on the same day 4,000 babies were murdered at the altar of inconvenience as disposable baggage. If 4,000 students were gunned down daily going back decades the mood would shift from national mourning to a public outrage. But why? Why does this keep recycling? We have searched for the enemy and found him. He is us. The enemy is within us. We are saboteurs of our own devices. The compromise is not as much as flesh and blood as it is a torpedo from hell sent through an opening of our access code. We have removed prayer and God’s commandments from our schools. We have trampled the God-ordained institution of marriage underfoot while celebrating what God calls “abomination” as an evolution of beliefs. Our educational system has established a warped worldview wherein we deny God’s creation, God’s salvation, and God’s blessing as on this nation.
America is now a post christian, postmodern, neo-pagan nation on a bi-polar pendulum swinging between extremes of abused freedoms and the tyranny of the new intolerance. Of this, Ravi Zacharis writes: We are living in a time when sensitivities are at the surface, often vented with cutting words. Philosophically, you can believe anything, so long as you do not claim it to be true. Morally, you can practice anything, so long as you do not claim that it is a “better” way. Religiously, you can hold to anything, so long as you do not bring Jesus Christ into it. Ours is the time of, calling evil good and good evil (Is. 5:20). President Lincoln wrote in 1863 We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God.
The Bible references the invisible reality of “hedges of protection”. These “hedges” were common in Biblical times as barriers or walls to keep out wild beasts and invading armies. Hedges are likewise defined in other ways in Scripture such as: Shield, refuge, fortress, strong tower, stronghold, rock, hiding place, shelter, shadow, sanctuary, defense, rearguard, ever-present help. Psalm 34:7 says, The angel of the LORD encamps round about them that fear Him and delivers them. Psalm 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. And Psalm 3:3 But you, O LORD are a shield round about me. Of course, we would be remised if we didn’t include the fact that Satan himself said he couldn’t touch Job saying Hast not thou made a hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? (Job 1:10)
What we can conclude from these times is that the days are evil. The hedge of protection is breached! 9/11 was Exhibit A that when we forget God we grant our enemies and evil open access and open season to devour. Of course, having a hedge of protection does not make us immune from Satan’s sifting nor invincible from trouble. Jesus said, In this world you shall have tribulation… (Jn. 16:35). God will permit times of testing as with Job and Peter to strengthen us and to promote us to greater things. Nevertheless, the truth of the hedge remains literal and real.
Those in covenant with God, who fear Him and keep His commandments, can expect to experience His strong tower of preserved peace and prosperity as promised. Proverbs 26:2 …the curse causeless shall not come. 1 John 5:18 he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not. Even Jesus told Pilate, You could have not power at all against Me, except it were given from heaven (Jn. 18:36). Therefore, God keeps safe those who keep themselves safe within the fear of the Lord and obedience to His commands! Ecclesiastes 10:8 says, whoever breaks a hedge, a serpent shall bite him. From this we conclude that the open breach is not a matter of divine denial but of human default. Thus God said, I sought for a man among them who would make up the hedge and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land that I would not have to destroy it (Ezk. 22:30). Moreover, Isaiah 58:14 says …you shall be called a repairer of the breach.
To a stubborn, rebellious nation God warns: If you will not hear, and if you will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto My name, says the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings (Mal. 2:2). But for those who are in covenant with God, who stand in the gap and make up the hedge, God says howbeit our God turned the curse into a blessing (Neh. 13:2). As those who make up the hedge and repair the breach God says, In mercy and truth Atonement is provided for iniquity; And by the fear of the Lord one departs from evil. When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. (Pro. 16:6-7), and, I will be an enemy to your enemies an adversary to your adversaries (Ex. 23:22).
Ignorance does not dismiss the truth of the hedge of protection nor does denial diminish its presence or absence. What is true is that we are given stewardship in being caretakers of the hedge. Our place is our outcry to the name of the LORD from where our help comes from (Ps. 124:8). Our outrage is not against flesh and blood but against evil and iniquity. Psalm 94:16-17; 22 Who will rise up for me against the evil doers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the LORD had been my help my soul soon would have settled in silence. BUT THE LORD HAS BEEN MY DEFENSE and MY GOD THE ROCK OF MY REFUGE.
Today we answer God’s probing questions of “who will rise” and “who will stand” by praying into Five Ways to Repair the Breach and Make Up the Hedge:
- A Hedge of COVENANT MAKING and KEEPING
- A Hedge of REPENTANCE and HUMILITY
- A Hedge of BLESSING and FAVOR
- A Hedge of PRAYER and INTERCESSION
- A Hedge of HIGH PRAISE and ENTHRONING WORSHIP
The result of our out cries and outrage must be no less than that which the Prophet Elisha prayed: Open our eyes that we may see. Behold, the mountains are full of horses and chariots of fire ROUND ABOUT. Those who are with us are more than those against us. (2 Kgs 6:13-18)
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. –Psalm 33:12
- A Hedge of COVENANT MAKING and KEEPING
Genesis 15:1 KJV; 17:1-2, 7, 9 KJV
After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying,
FEAR NOT, Abram: I AM THY SHIELD, and THY EXCEEDING GREAT REWARD.
I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
And I WILL MAKE MY COVENANT BETWEEN ME AND THEE, and WILL MULTIPLY THEE EXCEEDINGLY.
And I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT BETWEEN ME AND THEE and THY SEED
after thee in their generations for AN EVERLASTING COVENANT…
…Thou shalt KEEP MY COVENANT THEREFORE, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
Psalm 89:18, 34-35, 39-40, 26-28 NKJV
18 For the LORD IS OUR REFUGE; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
34 My covenant I WILL NOT BREAK,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.
35 Once I have sworn by My holiness;
39 I will not lie to David:
You have renounced the covenant of Your servant;
You have profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40 YOU HAVE BROKEN DOWN ALL HIS HEDGES;
You have brought his strongholds to ruin.
He shall cry to Me, ‘You are my Father,
My God, and the rock of my salvation.’
27 Also I will make him My firstborn,
The highest of the kings of the earth.
28 MY MERCY I WILL KEEP FOR HIM FOREVER,
AND MY COVENANT SHALL STAND FIRM WITH HIM.
General Direction: That we comprehend that God never breaks covenant therefore never break His hedge of protection; That God is the Covenant-MAKER and KEEPER and He will keep those who keep His covenant faithful as He is; That as the mountains surround Jerusalem the LORD surrounds His people in covenant prosperity, peace, and protection.
- 10 “Who among you fears the Lord?Who obeys the voice of His Servant?Who walks in darkness And has no light?Let him trust in the name of the Lord And rely upon his God. –Is. 50:10 NKJV
- “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God: 6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. 7 “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways. 8 “The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you. 9 “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. 12 The Lord will open to you His good [a]treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13 And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you [b]heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.14 So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them. 15 “But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: –Deut. 28:1-2, 6-9, 12-15 NKJV
- 29 “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. – Deut. 29:29 NKJV
- 6 And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live. 7 “Also the Lord your God will put all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. 8 And you will again obey the voice of the Lord and do all His commandments which I command you today. 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. 15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; –Deut. 30:6-8, 14-19 NKJV
- 2 I will make you a great nation;I will bless you And make your name great;And you shall be a blessing.3 I will bless those who bless you,And I will curse him who curses you;And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” –Gen. 12:2-3 NKJV
- 5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You,Whose heart is set on pilgrimage.6 As they pass through the Valley of [a]Baca, They make it a spring;
The rain also covers it with [b]pools. 7 They go from strength to strength; [c]Each one appears before God in Zion. 10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather [a]be a doorkeeper in the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. 12 O Lord of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You! –Ps. 84:5-7, 10-12 NKJV
- 9 Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land. 10 Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed. 11 Truth shall spring out of the earth, And righteousness shall look down from heaven. 12 Yes, the Lord will give what is good;
And our land will yield its increase. 13 Righteousness will go before Him, And shall make His footsteps our pathway. –Ps. 85:9-13 NKJV
- 5 “My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name.6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.7 “For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth. 8 But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,” says the Lord 9 “So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law.” –Mal. 2:5-9 NIV
- 5 “Although my house is not so with God,Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant,Ordered in all things and secure.For this is all my salvation and all my desire;Will He not make it increase? –2 Sam. 23:5 NKJV
- 14 He is the Lord our God;His judgments are in all the earth.15 Remember His covenant forever,The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations,16 The covenant which He made with Abraham,And His oath to Isaac, –1 Chron. 16:14-16 NKJV
- 12 Then they believed His words;They sang His praise.13 They soon forgot His works;They did not wait for His counsel,14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness,And tested God in the desert.15 And He gave them their request,But sent leanness into their soul.34 They did not destroy the peoples,Concerning whom the Lord had commanded them,35 But they mingled with the Gentiles And learned their works;36 They served their idols,Which became a snare to them.37 They even sacrificed their sons And their daughters to demons,38 And shed innocent blood,The blood of their sons and daughters,Whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan;And the land was polluted with blood.39 Thus they [a]were defiled by their own works, And played[b] the harlot by their own deeds. 43 Many times He delivered them; But they rebelled in their counsel, And were brought low for their iniquity. 44 Nevertheless He regarded their affliction, When He heard their cry; 45 And for their sake He remembered His covenant, And relented according to the multitude of His mercies. Ps. 106:12-15, 34-39, 43-45 NKJV
- 5 The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants,Because they have transgressed the laws,Changed the ordinance,Broken the everlasting covenant. –Is. 24:5 NKJV
- 10 For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed,But My kindness shall not depart from you,Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”Says the Lord, who has mercy on you. –Is. 54:10 NKJV
- 3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.Hear, and your soul shall live;And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—The sure mercies of David. –Is. 55:3 NKJV
- 20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you [a]complete in every good work to do His will, working in [b]you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. –Heb. 13:20-21 NKJV
- 5 Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.6 Your righteousness is like the [a]great mountains; Your judgments are a great deep; O Lord, You preserve man and beast. 7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. 8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. 9 For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. –Ps. 36:5-9 NKJV
- 25 “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. –Ex. 23:25 NKJV
- 7 Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart. –Jer. 24:7 NKJV
- 19 Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within [a]them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, –Ezk. 11:19 NKJV
- 28 Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” –Mt. 11:28-30 NKJV
- 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” –Lk. 11:13 NKJV
- That God is our “Covenant-Maker” and He said that He would NOT BREAK COVENANT with us therefore it can only be breached by us.
- That those in covenant with God have the assurance of a hedge of protection and God Himself as our Shield.
- That the God of Covenant is our only defense against the leanness of soul, wickedness of this world, and the prince of the power of the air.
- That God’s covenant is a strong, steadfast, and everlasting as He is.
- That we examine ourselves to see if we are KEEPING COVENANT with God and abiding under the shadow of His wings and protection.
- That if there is a breach in the hedge it is due to sin in the camp (i.e. Achan) or the wall has been compromised by unbelief, rebellion or wickedness.
- That in KEEPING and COUNTINUING IN COVENANT insures an open heaven of protection, provision, and peace coming from the heavenly sanctuary.
- That God has thoughts of an expected end with plans and hope for our future and to spare us from the judgment appointed to the wicked.
- That we can claim Psalm 91 in its entirety knowing that God is our refuge and fortress and we will be spared the way of the transgressor being hard and shall reap in due season the goodness of the Lord.
- That there is covenant with not only having angelic escorts ahead of us to prepare the way, but an angelic-rear-guard –surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives.
- A Hedge of REPENTANCE/HUMILITY
Ecclesiastes 10:8b KJV
And whoso breaketh a hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
Micah 7:4, 7-8, 9b NKJV
The best of them is as a brier: the most upright is SHARPER THAN A THORN HEDGE:
the day of thy watchmen and thy visitation cometh; now shall be their perplexity.
Therefore I WILL LOOK UNTO THE LORD; I WILL WAIT FOR THE GOD OF MY SALVATION: MY GOD WILL HEAR ME.
Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: WHEN I FALL, I SHALL ARISE; WHEN I SIT IN DARKNESS,
THE LORD SHALL BE A LIGHT UNTO ME. …he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
Exodus 23:20, 22 NKJV
Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.
But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and
an adversary to your adversaries.
General Direction: That we understand that when the hedge is down that repentance and humility are non-negotiable essential elements that must be re-established before the hedge can be restored; that in keeping God’s ways we retain the power and authority—to uproot iniquity, tear down strongholds, and evict enemy squatters that have set up oppression and trafficking among us.
- 28 Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls. –Pro. 25:28 NKJV
- 23 For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will [a]cut them off. 24 You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred 25 “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. 26 No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days. 27 “I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you. 28 And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite from before you. 29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beasts of the field become too numerous for you. 30 Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land. 31 And I will set your [b]bounds from the Red Sea to the sea, Philistia, and from the desert to the [c]River. For I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you. 32 You shall make no [d]covenant with them, nor with their gods. 33 They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me. For if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you.” –Ex. 23:23-33 NKJV
- 15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. –Is. 30:15 NIV
- 4 By humility and the fear of the Lord Are riches and honor and life. –Pro. 22:4 NKJV
- 23 A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor. –Pro. 29:23 NKJV
- “On a lofty and high mountain You have set your bed;Even there you went up To offer sacrifice. 15 For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones. –Is. 57:7, 15 NKJV
- Thus says the Lord:“Heaven isMy throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?
2 For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. –Is. 66:1-2 NKJV
- 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you,unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. –Mt. 18:3-4 NKJV
- 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!” –Mt. 3:2 NKJV
- 13 And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. –Mt. 18:13 NKJV
- 8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love [a]mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? –Mic. 6:8 NKJV
- 42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” –Mk. 10:42-45 NIV
- 20 Well Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, [a]goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. –Rom. 11:20-22 NKJV
- 3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have[a] regard for good things in the sight of all men. 20 Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. –Rom. 12:3, 16-17, 20-21 NKJV
- 21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and [a]overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it,and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. –Jam. 1:21-25 NKJV
- 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. –Jam. 4:10 NKJV
- 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. –Phil. 1:5-11 NKJV
- 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. –Lk. 3:8 NKJV
- 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. –Lk. 13:3 NKJV
- Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be [a]sober, be [b]vigilant; [c]because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But [d]may the God of all grace, who called [e]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [f]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle –1 Pet. 5:5b-10 NKJV
- 30 He must increase, but I must –Jn. 3:30 NKJV
- 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.—1 Jn. 1:7, 9 NKJV
- 13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. 14 Happy is the man who is always reverent, But he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity. –Pro. 28:13-14 NKJV
- 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. –Mt. 11:29 NKJV
- 5 After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”–Jn. 13:5, 34-35 NKJV
- 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. –2 Chron. 7:14 NKJV
- 6 So the leaders of Israel and the king humbled themselves; and they said, “The Lord is” 7 Now when the Lord saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the Lord came to Shemaiah, saying, “They have humbled themselves; therefore I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance. My wrath shall not be poured out on Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak. 8 Nevertheless they will be his servants, that they may distinguish My service from the service of the kingdoms of the nations.” –2 Chron. 12:6-8 NKJV
- 18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as [a]have a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. –Ps. 34:18-19 NKJV
- 3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their [a] –Ps. 147:3 NKJV
- 17 The sacrifices of God area broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise. –Ps. 51:17 NKJV
- 8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. 9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. 14 The Lord upholds all who fall, And raises up all who are bowed down. 18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. –Ps. 145:8-9, 14, 18 NKJV
- Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened,That it cannot save;Nor His ear heavy,That it cannot hear. –Is. 59:1 NKJV
- 12 “Now, therefore,” says the Lord, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” 17 Let the priests, who minister to the Lord, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say, “Spare Your people, O Lord, And do not give Your heritage to reproach, That the nations should [a]rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’ ” 18 Then the Lord will be zealous for His land, And pity His people. –Joel 2:12; 17-18 NKJV
- 22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. –Acts 8:22 NKJV
- 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, –Acts 17:30 NKJV
- 13 “For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water. 19 Your own wickedness will correct you, And your backslidings will rebuke you. Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing That you have forsaken the Lord your God, And the [a]fear of Me is not in you,” Says the Lord God of hosts. –Jer. 2:13, 19 NKJV
- 12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: ‘Return, backsliding Israel,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not remain angry forever. 15 And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding. –Jer. 3:12, 15 NKJV
- 3 Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. 4 And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments, 5 we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments. 6 Neither have we heeded Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings and our princes, to our fathers and all the people of the land. 10 We have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. 17 Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake [a]cause Your face to shine on [b]Your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”–Dan. 9:3-6, 10, 17-19 NKJV
- 7 The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. –Nahum 1:7 NKJV
- That when the hedge is breached it is only because those in covenant with God has opened the way through unbelief, rebellion, or disobedience of sin.
- That “turning from our wicked ways” is the key for being forgiven and healing in the land.
- That we must look to the LORD first and foremost for encompassing protection and defense.
- That we understand that we without a vision people will perish and without restraining grace we are like a city without walls.
- That we realize that when our ways please the Lord He will either make our enemies be at peace with us or He will be an enemy to our enemy.
- That in humility there is greater grace and the fear of the Lord the righteous separate themselves from evil invoking the blessing and honor of God.
- That we understand that our own backsliding will rebuke us and our lack of awe and honor to God will force correction on our ways.
- That repentance and humility are keys to divine protection and national awakening of revival and renewal.
- A Hedge of BLESSING and FAVOR
Job 1:8-9 NKJV
Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? HAVE YOU NOT MADE A HEDGE AROUND HIM, AROUND HIS HOUSEHOLD, AND AROUND ALL THAT HE HAS ON EVERY SIDE? YOU HAVE BLESSED THE WORK OF HIS HANDS, AND HIS POSSESSIONS HAVE INCREASED IN THE LAND.
Malachi 3:10-11a, 12, 17
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you SUCH BLESSING
That THERE WILL NOT BE ROOM ENOUGH TO RECEIVE IT.
“And I WILL REBUKE THE DEVOURER FOR YOUR SAKES…
“And all nations will CALL YOU BLESSED,
FOR YOU WILL BE A DELIGHTFUL LAND,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
“They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts,
“On the day that I make them My (treasures).
AND I WILL SPARE THEM As a man SPARES HIS OWN SON WHO SERVES HIM.”
General Direction: To acknowledge the hedge of God’s favor and blessing and that His favor either makes our enemies at peace with us or He becomes an enemy to our enemies; where His grace abounds we abound.
- 9 Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name [a]Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my [b]territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. –1 Chron. 4:9-10 NKJV
- 24 And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him. –Gen. 5:24 NKJV
- 5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. –Heb. 11:5-6 NKJV
- 3 And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did [a]to prosper in his hand. 4 So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave[a]him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. 23 The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under [a]Joseph’s authority, because the Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper. –Gen. 39:3-4a, 21, 23 NKJV
- 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. –Gen. 6:6-8 NIV
- 7 When a man’s ways please the Lord,He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.–Pro. 16:7 NKJV
- 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.”–Jn. 8:29 NKJV
- 4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.—1 Thes. 2:4 NKJV
- 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. –Heb. 13:16 NKJV
- 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. –1 Jn. 3:22 NKJV
- 14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;I will [a]set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With [b]long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.” –Ps. 91:14-16 NKJV
- 4 Blessed are those who dwell in Your house;They will still be praising You. Selah5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You,Whose heart is set on pilgrimage.6 As they pass through the Valley of [a]Baca, They make it a spring; The rain also covers it with [b]pools. 7 They go from strength to strength; [c]Each one appears before God in Zion. –Ps. 84:4-7, 10-12 NKJV
- 10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.I would rather [a]be a doorkeeper in the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. 12 O Lord of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You! –Ps. 84:4-7, 10-12 NKJV
- Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the [a]ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he [b]meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the [c]rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. –Ps. 1:1-3 NKJV
- 8 I have set the Lord always before me;Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. –Ps. 16:8 NKJV
- 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.26 My flesh and my heart fail;But God is the [a]strength of my heart and my portion forever. 28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works.–Ps. 73:25-26, 28 NKJV
- 8 See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the Lord[a]swore to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—to give to them and their descendants after them.’ 11 May the Lord God of your fathers make you a thousand times more numerous than you are, and bless you as He has promised you! –Deut. 1:8, 11 NKJV
- 18 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may [a]establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. –Deut. 8:18 NKJV
- 18 “Therefore you shall [a]lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 20 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth. 26 “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known. –Deut. 11:18-21, 26-28 NKJV
- 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. –1 Cor. 15:10 NKJV
- 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died [a]in vain.” –Gal. 2:21 NKJV
- 14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; –Heb. 12:14-15 NKJV
- 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. —1 Pet. 2:16 NIV
- 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. –1 Pet. 4:10 NIV
- 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 16 [a]And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. –Jn. 1:14, 16-17 NKJV
- 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. –2 Cor. 9:8 NKJV
- 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. –1 Cor. 12:9 NKJV
- 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the [a]communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. –1 Cor. 13:14 NKJV
- You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. –2 Tim. 2:1 NKJV
- 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:11-14 NIV
- “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God: 6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.7 “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.8 “The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.9 “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. –Deut. 28:1-2, 6-9 NKJV
- “Now it shall come to pass, when all these things come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you [a]call them to mind among all the nations where the Lord your God drives you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey His voice, according to all that I command you today, you and your children, with all your heart and with all your soul, 7 “Also the Lord your God will put all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. 8 And you will again obey the voice of the Lord and do all His commandments which I command you today. 15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil…19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; –Deut. 30:1-2, 7-8, 15, 19 NKJV
- 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. –Rom. 8:31-24 NKJV
- 6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:“May they prosper who love you.7 Peace be within your walls,Prosperity within your palaces.” –Ps. 122:6-7 NKJV
- 5 For I,’ says the Lord, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’ ” –Zech. 2:5 NKJV
- In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:“We have a strong city;God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks.3 You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You.4 Trust in the Lord For in Yah, the Lord, is [a]everlasting strength. –Is. 26:1, 3-4 NKJV
- To acknowledge that God’s favor forms a literal invisible shield of protection around those who fear Him and obey His covenant command.
- To find the place where God’s blessing is pouring and go there instead of making our own plans and pressing God to bless them afterward.
- To understand the work and measure of grace and that it both reaches into the pit of destruction to lift us out of ourselves but also empowers us to be more than we could on our own and carry us further then we could have gone without His grace.
- To learn that where our treasure is there will be our heart and where God’s pleasure is there will be our greatest treasure.
- To know that God’s favor means that His goodness goes before us and comes behind us.
- To comprehend that the God of all grace will make His grace abound to us, so that in everything, in every way, having everything we need, we will abound in every good work and shall not want or be lacking anything He provides.
- To seek to walk in the “favor of Joseph” so that everything we do God is with us and prospers the work of our hands.
- To never allow the grace of God to fail or be frustrated either through resentment or self-righteousness.
- A Hedge of PRAYER and INTERCESSION
Ezekiel 22:30 KJV
And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land,
that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
General Direction: To comprehend that prayer and intercession are God’s chosen means to provide a hedge of protection and that prosperity, provision, power, and peace depend on the fear of the LORD and obedience to His voice and commandments; as we pray and obey God becomes our shield, defense, refuge, fortress, sanctuary.
- 8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. –Ps. 145:8 NKJV
- 3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and [a]mighty things, which you do not know.’ –Jer. 33:3 NKJV
- 13 And you will seek Me and find Me,when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; –Jer. 29:13-14a NKJV
- 47 Then Aaron took it as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the assembly; and already the plague had begun among the people. So he put in the incense and made atonement for the people. 48 And he stood between the dead and the living; so the plague was stopped. –Num. 16:47-48 NKJV
- 25 Therefore He is also able to save [a]to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. –Heb. 7:25 NKJV
- 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. –Rom. 8:31-34 NKJV
- 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. 13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You. –Ps. 51:6, 10-13 NKJV
- Blessed is he who considers the [a]poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. 2 The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, And he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies. 11 By this I know that You are well pleased with me, Because my enemy does not triumph over me. –Ps. 41:1-2, 11 NKJV
- 3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silent; A fire shall devour before Him, And it shall be very tempestuous all around Him. 14 Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High. 15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.” –Ps. 50:3, 14-15 NKJV
- 22 Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be [a] –Ps. 50:22 NKJV
- I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. 3 The [a]pains of death surrounded me, And the [b]pangs of Sheol [c]laid hold of me; I found trouble and sorrow. 4 Then I called upon the name of the Lord: “O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!” 5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is 6 The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. 7 Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. –Ps. 116:1-7 NKJV
- 8 The Lord will [a]perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. –Ps. 138:8 NKJV
- 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. –Ps. 139:23-24 NKJV
- 2 Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. –Ps. 141:2 NKJV
- 16 [a]Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, [b]fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. –Jam. 5:16-18 NKJV
- 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! –Mt. 7:7-11 NKJV
- 7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices Will be accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” –Is. 56:7 NKJV
- 26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is,because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of –Rom. 8:26-27 NKJV
- 8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. –Rev. 5:8 NKJV
- 3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. –Rev. 8:3 NKJV
- 2 Take words with you, And return to the Lord. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices[a] of our lips. –Hos. 14:2 NKJV
- 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation.The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is” –Mt. 26:41 NKJV
- Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart…7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” –Lk. 18:1, 7-8 NKJV
- 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive,that your joy may be –Jn. 16:24 NKJV
- 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— –Eph. 6:16-18 NKJV
- 17 pray without ceasing, –1 Thes. 5:17 NKJV
- 15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. –Is. 30:16 NIV
- 3 Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—The sure mercies of David. 6 Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. 7 Let the [a]wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.—Is. 55:3, 6-7 NKJV
- 24 “It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear. –Is. 65:24 NKJV
- 15 For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones. –Is. 57:15 NKJV
- 9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I ’ “If you take away the yoke from your midst.” The [a]pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, –Is.58:9 NKJV
- 10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are [a] –Pro. 18:10 NKJV
- 22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. 26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord. 27 It is good for a man to bear The yoke in his youth. –Lam. 3:22-27 NKJV
- 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness. –Acts 4:31 NKJV
- 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. –Ps. 91:15 NKJV
- 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you[a] will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. –Jn. 15:7 NKJV
- 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have –Mk. 11:23-24 NKJV
- 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. –1 Jn. 3:22 NKJV
- 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. –1 Jn. 5:14-15 NKJV
- Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [b]authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and [c] 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.—1 Tim. 2:1-4 NKJV
- 8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. –Ps. 124:8 NKJV
- Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord;2 Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive To the voice of my supplications. 3 If You, Lord, should [a]mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? 4 But there is forgiveness with You, That You may be feared. 5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. 6 My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning— Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. –Ps. 130:1-6 NKJV
- 20 And David said to his son Solomon, “Be strong and of good courage, and do it;do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord. –1 Chron. 28:20 NKJV
- May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble;May the name of the God of Jacob [a]defend you; 2 May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion; 7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God. –Ps. 20:1-2, 7 NKJV
- I will love You, O Lord, my strength.2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my [a]strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the [b]horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. 33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places. 34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted.—Ps. 18:1-3, 33-34, 46 NKJV
- That God instructed us to call upon Him and He would answer and show us great and might things.
- That God seeks intercession on earth in order to share the distinction between divine judgment and mercy with His covenant co-heirs.
- That the key to having God’s protection over a nation is when His people pray, seek His face, and turn from their wicked ways.
- That our praying and intercession be Spirit-born, Spirit-led, and Spirit-sustained in agreement with our Advocate who ever-lives to make intercession for us at the right hand of the throne in heaven.
- That as intercessors we stand between the living and death and remember that Jesus taught that men ought always to pray and never give up.
- That we learn that a hedge of protection cannot be built up by man’s government, empires, programs, methods, armies/navies/air force, or religion but only as our ways please the LORD and we fear the LORD causing angels to encamp around us.
- To comprehend that prayer and intercession are God’s chosen means by which a hedge is established around us and He Himself is our shield of defense, our refuge and fortress—His name is a strong tower where we find safety and sanctuary.
- A Hedge of HIGH PRAISE and ENTHRONING WORSHIP
Isaiah 36:7 KJV
We trust in the Lord our God: is it not he, whose high places and whose altars Hezekiah hath taken away,
and said to Judah and to Jerusalem, YE SHALL WORSHIP BEFORE THIS ALTAR?
Psalm 22:3 NIV
Yet you are ENTHRONED as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.
Psalm 149:6 NIV
May the HIGH PRAISE OF GOD BE IN THEIR MOUTHS
AND A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD IN THEIR HANDS.
General Direction: To learn that praise has power and worship is a weapon to dethrone the devil as we enthrone the Holy One; to understand that we are anointed to minister to the LORD God as a royal priesthood and high praise and enthroning worship prepares the way for Him to come before us and go behind us as a rear guard of protection—that “God has got our six (back)”!
- 10 Sing to the Lord a new song,And His praise from the ends of the earth,You who go down to the sea, and [a]all that is in it, You coastlands and you inhabitants of them! 11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, The villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing, Let them shout from the top of the mountains. 12 Let them give glory to the Lord, And declare His praise in the coastlands. 13 The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies. –Is. 42:10-13 NKJV
- 6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,And a two-edged sword in their hand,7 To execute vengeance on the nations,And punishments on the peoples;8 To bind their kings with chains,And their nobles with fetters of iron;9 To execute on them the written judgment—This honor have all His saints.Praise the Lord! –Ps. 149:6-9 NKJV
- 17 Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon. 18 Every one of the builders had his sword girded at his side as he built. And the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me. –Neh. 4:17-18 NKJV
- 21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:“Praise the Lord,For His mercy endures forever.”22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. –2 Chron. 20:21-22 NKJV
- 13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?”14 So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.”And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?”15 Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, “Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.” And Joshua did so. –Josh. 5:13-15 NKJV
- 5 It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.” –Josh. 6:5 NKJV
- 14 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of [a]the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of [b]the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” –Josh. 24:14-15 NKJV
- 7 Then the Lord said to Gideon, “By the three hundred men who lapped I will save you, and deliver the Midianites into your hand. Let all the other people go, every man to his [a]place.” 18 When I blow the trumpet, I and all who are with me, then you also blow the trumpets on every side of the whole camp, and say, ‘The sword of the Lord and of Gideon!’ ” 21 And every man stood in his place all around the camp; and the whole army ran and cried out and fled. 22 When the three hundred blew the trumpets, the Lord set every man’s sword against his companion throughout the whole camp; and the army fled to [a]Beth Acacia, toward Zererah, as far as the border of Abel Meholah, by Tabbath.–Jdgs. 7:7, 18, 21-22 NKJV
- 25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” –Acts 16:25-31 NKJV
- 11 Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion;proclaim among the nations what he has done. –Ps. 9:11 NIV
- 15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. –Heb. 13:15 NKJV
- 9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; –1 Pet. 2:9 NKJV
- 15 O Lord, open my lips,And my mouth shall show forth Your praise. –Ps. 51:15 NKJV
- And in that day you will say:“O Lord, I will praise You;Though You were angry with me,Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me.2 Behold, God is my salvation,I will trust and not be afraid;‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;He also has become my salvation.’ ”3 Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation.4 And in that day you will say:“Praise the Lord, call upon His name;Declare His deeds among the peoples,Make mention that His name is exalted.5 Sing to the Lord,For He has done excellent things;This is known in all the earth.6 Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion,For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!” –Is. 12:1-6 NKJV
- The Lordis my light and my salvation;Whom shall I fear?The Lord is the strength of my life;Of whom shall I be afraid?2 When the wicked came against me To eat[a] up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. 3 Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident. 4 One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the [b]beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple. 5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. 6 And now my head shall be [c]lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of [d]joy in His tabernacle I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. 13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. 14 Wait[a] on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! –Ps. 27:1-6, 13-14 NKJV
- I will bless the Lord at all times;His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together.4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me,And delivered me from all my fears.5 They looked to Him and were radiant,And their faces were not ashamed.6 This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him,And saved him out of all his troubles.7 The [a]angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. 8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! 9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no [b]want to those who fear Him. 10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. –Ps. 34:1, 3-10, 19 NKJV
- 15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The [a]kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” 16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was [b]and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned. –Rev. 11:15-17 NKJV
- 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. –1 Thes. 5:18 NKJV
- 17 So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?18 Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” –Lk. 17:17-18 NKJV
- 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. –Rom. 1:21 NKJV
- 12 Then they believed His words;They sang His praise.13 They soon forgot His works;They did not wait for His counsel,14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness,And tested God in the desert.15 And He gave them their request,But sent leanness into their soul.21 They forgot God their Savior, Who had done great things in Egypt, 22 Wondrous works in the land of Ham, Awesome things by the Red Sea. 23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them. 44 Nevertheless He regarded their affliction, When He heard their cry; 45 And for their sake He remembered His covenant, And relented according to the multitude of His mercies. 47 Save us, O Lord our God, And gather us from among the Gentiles, To give thanks to Your holy name, To triumph in Your praise. –Ps. 106:12-15, 21-23, 44-45, 47 NKJV
- 17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,And their righteousness is from Me,”Says the Lord. –Is. 54:17 NKJV
- 19 So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun;When the enemy comes in like a flood,The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. –Is. 59:19 NKJV
- To realize the power of praise and worship as a weapon that sets an ambush against our enemies and stages a shield of protection around us for refuge and safety.
- To acknowledge that as we enthrone the Lord we dethrone the devil and spoil his schemes.
- To understand the purpose of high praise and enthroning worship, in that, it displaces everyone and everything else, and installs the God of Israel in the place of honor, adoration, and reverential-trust.
- To learn that we are called as a royal priesthood to minister to the Lord in praise and worship and we are created and anointed to do so.
- To comprehend that when we worship we set our hope and trust in the LORD to protect us as we advance and guard us from behind lest the enemy out-flank us in battle.
- To learn the lessons from the past—that we dare not sing praise songs, while failing to seek God’s counsel or wait upon His word.
- To understand that as we lift Him up He lifts us up.
- To comprehend that when we activate the high praise of God with the Sword of the Spirit in our hand that rulers of the darkness are dethroned and principalities are placed in check and we have a hedge of protection.
- That inside the walls of protection is where He reigns and rules with peace, prosperity, provision, power, and His manifest presence.
- That when we magnify the LORD He becomes a shield round about us as angels encamp around those who fear the LORD.
- To be like David who was anointed to play and sing and the evil spirits departed Saul—so we would lift God up in worship as see Him scatter our enemies.
- To create a prophetic flow and manifest presence like when Elisha called the musicians to play so they could prophesy.