11 Apr Online Prayer, OPENING A NEW AND LIVING WAY, Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Hebrews 10:19-22 KJV
Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
BY A NEW AND LIVING WAY, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
And having a high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith…
The author of Hebrews gives us insight into heavenly realities and how they relate for earthly existences. Jesus, the Son of God, prepared a living sacrifice in the volume of the book of His body at Passover. His offering as the Son of Man was being born of a virgin, living a sinless life, and fulfilling the will and work of God in 33 years. Hebrews 10:20 Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his flesh, a thoroughfare by which, not only we go into the Holy of Holies, but also God goes out proceeding outwardly in Christ through us to a lost world. When Jesus opened His arms on the cross He exposed God’s heart to humanity. The One who knew no sin became sin so that through His righteousness we would have access to God’s living room. Mark 15:37-38 Jesus cried with a loud voice and gave up His Spirit. And the veil of the Temple was torn top to bottom. The Temple in the earthly sanctuary housed the footstool of God’s throne. The Perfect Son became the Perfected Savior of the world (see Heb. 5:7-8). Simultaneously, the veil was ripped from top to bottom on earth and in heaven. (Heb. 3:14-15)
Because Jesus became our Great High Priest and Passover Lamb we have been made a royal priesthood and lambs among wolves. We can enter the Holiest of all with the blood of Christ and commune with the Living God in the cool of the day. It is written, Let us draw near with a pure heart of full assurance of faith. (v. 22) Yes, we have direct access to the throne of God but we are likewise given earthly responsibilities as reigning kings and ministering priests. Jesus said the heavens would open over Him with angels ascending and descending, on who He is and His finish work. (Jn. 1:51) Daily we can enter into the heavenly portal of angelic activity and new anointings through His finished work to offer our lives as a new and living way being as Christ’s ambassadors.
Throughout Scripture we see references to God’s mighty hand, and outstretched arm. We are informed that we represent His hands and feet, heart and voice to the world. We are given dynamic devises that demand decisions of discernment in their usage; keys to open and shut; authority to bind and loose; tear down or build up; uproot or plant; our stewardship of trust requires responsibility, accountability and integrity. Everything emanates from the throne room of God where Jesus ever-lives to make intercession for us. Because Christ is in us, then heaven is in our hearts, and its ebb and flow issues from the hearts that enthrone Him via a living sacrifice—the veil of our flesh.
Moving forward we need the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation to know when and where to “open” or to “close”. The spirit of the age and the prince of the power of the air tells us to be more open-minded and tolerant of those different. Open to slaughter of unborn babies, same sex marriage, gender confusion, unisex bathrooms and locker-rooms, to live in open rebellion, disrespect, and self-entitlement while having a religion that has a form of godliness but denys the power thereof. The attempt is to force us to allow what heaven does not permit. To applaud what holiness condemns; to follow paths broad and wide supposedly leading to a higher plain of evolution of men and utopia while ending in death and destruction. Our great challenge is offer a new and living way to a world whose current flows swiftly downstream on an unforeseen course of certain self-sabotage and divine judgement.
In 1985 a new study Bible was introduced called “The Open Bible”. The concept was to make study of the Scriptures more user-friendly while indicating that an “Open Bible” represents and open invitation for its Author to come to the one who is studying to show themselves approved to God. Later, there was an “Expanded Edition”. Our endeavor today should be to open—closed Bibles and labor in grace to expand our edition to open a new and living way to this generation of saints and sinners. Our distinction teaches us when “go into all the world” and when “to come out from among them”; of how to be “friends of sinners” not friends of sin; to be in this world, but not of this world; to love sinners while hating their sin.
Here we are called to stand between two worlds; one temporal, one eternal; one corruptible, one incorruptible; one leads to death and destruction, one leads to goodness and life; one leads to hell, and one leads to heaven: spiritual vs. physical; heavenly vs. humanistic; ancient times vs. modern world, while becoming—bridge-builders from earth to eternity. Dr. John Stott wrote: The world is now changing so rapidly that each rising generation feels challenged by the width of the gulf of incomprehension and the need to construct a bridge—the yawning chasm between modern man and the Biblical message. Jesus, the Word of God, offered a prepared body as a veil where His sacrifice provides a new and living way to grant access to the Holiest of all and the Throne of Grace and us as open letters to a searching world.
He calls us to offer our bodies as living sacrifices where we build bridges to offer a new and living way to Him who is the Way, Truth, and Life. Our prayer is to open a new and living way to saints and sinner in five distinct ways:
- Open Bible, Open Books
- Open Arms, Open Hands
- Open Minds, Open Mouths
- Open Doors, Open Opportunities
- Open Good Works, Open Eternal Rewards
- OPEN BIBLES, OPEN BOOKS
Psalm 119:130 Amplified
The entrance and unfolding of Your Words gives light;
their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.
2 Corinthians 3:2-3 CSB
You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are Christ’s letter, delivered by us, not written with ink but with the Spirit of the living God—not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Revelation 20:12 NKJV
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, AND BOOKS WERE OPENED.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life.
And THE DEAD WERE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS, BY THE THINGS WHICH WERE WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS.
General Direction: To believe God for a revival of the Bible and open Bibles with open revelation of His will and ways; to have the attitude of the Bereans to search the Scriptures, study to show ourselves approved to God rightly dividing the word of truth, and live and teach sound doctrine to those who watch and listen to us; to recapture a hunger for truth and our daily Bread.
- 2 I will worship toward Your holy temple,And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth;For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. 8 The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;Do not forsake the works of Your hands. –Ps. 138:2, 8 NKJV
- 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. –2 Tim. 2:15 NKJV
- 2 So Ezra the priest brought the Law before the assembly of men and women and all who could hear with understanding on the first day of the seventh month. 7 …and the Levites helped the people to understand the Law; and the people stood in their place. 8 So they read distinctly from the book, in the Law of God; and they gave the sense, and helped them to understand the reading. –Neh. 8:2, 7-8 NKJV
- 9 How can a young man cleanse his way?By taking heed according to Your word.10 With my whole heart I have sought You;Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,That I might not sin against You. 34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,For I delight in it. –Ps. 119:9-11, 34-35 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. –Heb. 4:12-13 NKJV
- 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. –2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJV
- 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. –Jn. 5:39-40 NKJV
- 31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. –Jn. 8:31-32, 36-37 NKJV
- 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. –Acts 17:11 NKJV
- 13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the duty of all mankind.14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,including every hidden thing,whether it is good or evil. –Eccl. 12:13-14 NIV
- 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. –Mt. 25:32 NKJV
- 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.–2 Cor. 5:10-11 NKJV
- 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.–1 Cor. 3:10-13, 15 NKJV
- 17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him[a] because He first loved us. –1 Jn. 4:17-19 NKJV
- 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. –Lk. 12:48 NIV
- 12 Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy; For You render to each one according to his work. –Ps. 62:12 NKJV
- 10 I, the Lord, search the heart,I test the mind,Even to give every man according to his ways,According to the fruit of his doings. –Jer. 17:10 NKJV
- 17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; –1 Pet. 1:17 NKJV
- 12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. –Rev. 22:12 NKJV
- 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.And in Your book they all were written,The days fashioned for me,When as yet there were none of them. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;Try me, and know my anxieties;24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting. –Ps. 139:16, 23-24 NKJV
Prayer Points: OPEN BIBLES:
- That if we are the only Jesus some people may meet, may we be the clearest reflection of who He is; if we are the only Bible some people ever read may we be the most accurate translation possible.
- That we study to show ourselves approved to God as rightly dividing the Scriptures/Truth so that those who follow our life and teachings find Jesus and heaven.
- That we allow the Sword of the Spirit separate soulish man from the spiritual man by using its living edges to circumcise our hearts.
- That God’s people begin again to open their Bibles and take on the Berean mentality to search the Scriptures to confirm truthful teaching and this way to Truth.
- That we believe God for a “revival of the Bible” and that we are literate and equipped for every good work and the Word of God.
- That we live our lives as “open books” knowing others will know us and read us in our testimony.
- That we write our story with every choice, every moment, and every deed we do.
- That we understand the difference between “our works” and “good works” and the construction materials we use to build, wood, hay, and stubble vs. gold, silver, and precious stones.
- That we become mature in our responsibilities knowing that to whom much is given much is required.
- That God appoints gifts and our days and offers rewards as incentives for obedience and stewardship.
- That we realize our works both, good and bad. are being recorded and that we can have confidence on judgment day because of love in perfected in us by Christ.
- OPEN MINDS, OPEN MOUTHS
Luke 24:44-45 Amplified
Then He said to them, This is what I told you while I was with you: everything which is written concerning them
in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.
Then HE [THOROUGHLY] OPENED UP THEIR MINDS to understand the Scriptures…
Ephesians 6:18 NKJV
…praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance
and supplication for all the saints—and for me, THAT UTTERANCE MAY BE GIVEN TO ME, THAT I MAY
OPEN MY MOUTH boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains;
THAT IN IT I MAY SPEAK BOLDLY, AS I OUGHT TO SPEAK.
General Direction: To have the mind of Christ by being transformed in the renewing of our minds so that we can articulate who He is and accurately teach the knowledge of God to saints and sinners; to learn to open our mouths and proclaim the Gospel from the rooftops to every man, woman, boy, and girl—red, yellow, brown, black, and white.
- And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying: –Mt. 5:1-2 NKJV
- 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:24 NKJV
- 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. –Jn. 6:63 NKJV
- 23 Keep your heart with all diligence,For out of it spring the issues of life. –Pro. 4:23 NKJV
- 7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.“Eat and drink!” he says to you,But his heart is not with you. –Pro. 23:7 NKJV
- 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. –Phil. 4:8 NKJV
- 10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,And do not return there,But water the earth,And make it bring forth and bud,That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;It shall not return to Me void,But it shall accomplish what I please,And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. –Is. 55:10-11 NKJV
- 2 Let my prayer be set before You as incense,The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. –Ps. 141:2-3 NKJV
- 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heartBe acceptable in Your sight,O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. –Ps. 19:14 NKJV
- 18 Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. –Ps. 119:18 NKJV
- 15 O Lord, open my lips,And my mouth shall show forth Your praise. –Ps. 51:15 NKJV
- 10 I am the Lord your God,Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. –Ps. 81:10 NKJV
- 22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. –Mk. 11:22-23 NKJV
- 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. –Rom 10:8-10, 17 NKJV
- 20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction,That you may be wise in your latter days.21 There are many plans in a man’s heart,Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. –Pro. 19:20-21 NKJV
- And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was precious in those days; there was no open vision. –1 Sam. 3:1 KJV
- 18 Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint;but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction. –Pro. 29:18 NKJV
- I will bless the Lord at all times;His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 6 This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him,And saved him out of all his troubles. 15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,And His ears are open to their cry. –Ps. 34:1, 6, 15 NKJV
- 6 So we built the wall, and the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work. –Neh. 4:6 NKJV
- 2 I will open my mouth in a parable;I will utter dark sayings of old, –Ps. 78:2 NKJV
- 51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.” –Jn. 1:51 NKJV
- 11 O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. –2 Cor. 6:11 NKJV
- 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. –Rom. 12:9 NIV
- 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, –1 Pet. 3:15 NIV
- To know God personally, intimately, and to make Him known in obedience to His Last Commandment.
- To learn to put God’s word in our minds and mouth and speak them to ourselves, among one another, and to a world searching for truth.
- When to speak vs. when to remain silent; where to give voice to truth and justice for those who have no voice.
- To understand the difference between being “open minded” as to learning and growing in the knowledge of God and minds that form no intolerance against lies and deception and have no ability to discern good and evil.
- To practice to have opened hearts towards all people allowing sincere love without hypocrisy or prejudice.
- To open our mouths and proclaim the Gospel to the lost as though entrusted with a Message of Hope.
- To ask God to open our minds to better understand and comprehend the Scripture so we are prepared to answer everyone who asks us regarding the hope we have.
- To know that believing in God means saying what we desire in request before Him, and speaking to spiritual mountains before us to remove them.
- To be transformed by the renewing of our minds so our words will be acceptable in His sight.
- OPEN ARMS, OPEN HANDS
Isaiah 59:1 NIV
Surely the ARM OF THE LORD IS NOT TOO SHORT TO SAVE, nor his ear too dull to hear.
Luke 24:50 NKJV
And He led them out as far as Bethany AND HE LIFTED UP HIS HANDS AND BLESSED THEM.
General Direction: To know God’s mighty hand and outstretched arm of deliverance and provision; to live with our arms opened and our hands ready to help, not just a hand out, but to use the work of our hands to mirror the hands of the Father in knowing when/where to plow, plant, and reap; and when to uproot, tear down, and take away; to be Christ’s arms and hands extended to saints and sinners.
- 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ –Mt. 25:31-46 NKJV
- “Simon, son of Jonah,[b]do you love Me?” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.” …“Follow Me.” –Jn. 21:15-19 NKJV
- 32 I will run the course of Your commandments,For You shall enlarge my heart. –Ps. 119:32 NKJV
- 2 “Enlarge the place of your tent,And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;Do not spare;Lengthen your cords,And strengthen your stakes.3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left,And your descendants will inherit the nations,And make the desolate cities inhabited. –Is. 54:2-3 NKJV
- 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. –1 Chron. 4:10 NKJV
- 62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” –Lk. 9:62 NKJV
- 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.” –Lk. 17:21 NKJV
- 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” –Mt. 11:28-30 NKJV
- 8 So the Lord brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm, with great terror and with signs and wonders. –Deut. 26:8 NKJV
- 3 For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword,Nor did their own arm save them;But it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance,Because You favored them. –Ps. 44:3 NKJV
- 5 I have considered the days of old,The years of ancient times. –Ps. 77:5 NKJV
- 13 You have a mighty arm;Strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand. 20 I have found My servant David;With My holy oil I have anointed him,
21 With whom My hand shall be established; Also My arm shall strengthen him.–Ps. 89:13, 20-21 NKJV
- 10 Behold, the Lord Godshall come with a strong hand,And His arm shall rule for Him;Behold, His reward is with Him,And His work before Him.11 He will feed His flock like a shepherd;He will gather the lambs with His arm,And carry them in His bosom,And gently lead those who are with young.—Is. 40:10-11 NKJV
- 5 Thus says the Lord:“Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength,Whose heart departs from the Lord. 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,And whose hope is the Lord. –Jer. 17:5, 7 NKJV
- 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going. –Eccl. 9:10 NKJV
- 3 Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.”Immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 15 So He touched her hand, and the fever left her. And she arose and served them. –Mt. 8:3, 15 NKJV
- 18 they[a]will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” –Mk. 16:18 NKJV
- 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” –Lk. 24:39 NKJV
- 2 So the Lordsaid to him, “What is that in your hand?”He said, “A rod.”3 And He said, “Cast it on the ground.” So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. 4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail” (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand), 5 “that they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.”6 Furthermore the Lord said to him, “Now put your hand in your bosom.” And he put his hand in his bosom, and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous, like snow. 7 And He said, “Put your hand in your bosom again.” So he put his hand in his bosom again, and drew it out of his bosom, and behold, it was restored like his other flesh. –Ex. 4:2-7 NKJV
- 8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; –1 Tim. 2:8 NKJV
- 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:10 NKJV
- To being willing to operate in tough love, not enabling weakness, addictions, or compromise but using our strong arms and helping hands –to give strength, break yokes and chains, and lead to freedom in Christ.
- To know God’s mighty outstretched arm and His hands of deliverance and provision.
- To understand God’s ability to reach anywhere we call Him and help with an open hand when we ask.
- To realize that we must be people like Jesus with open arms to welcome and helping hands to show love and care.
- To know that the work of our hands represent the condition of “our hearts”, therefore we must maintain clean hands and a pure heart before God.
- To live knowing we are to be good stewards of putting our hands to the plough of the kingdom and whatever our hands find to do, do with all our might and to show forth the excellencies of who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
- To learn the difference between a “hand out” and “hand up”.
- To discern when/where we must act and intervene and when/where we must wait and trust God with the consequences.
- OPEN DOORS, OPEN OPPORTUNITIES
1 Corinthians 16:9 NKJV
For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
Ephesians 5:15-17 NIV
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Colossians 4:5 NIV
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; MAKE THE MOST OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY.
General Direction: To look for open doors of ministry and windows of opportunity to serve and give ourselves to Christ’s work and will; to understand the issue of timing, seasons, and the span of our days and that we wisely do God’s will completing His work and being full of good works and rich in labors of love.
- 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ –Acts 26:18 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Acts 10:38 NKJV
- 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! –Mt. 7:7-11 NKJV
- 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. –2 Cor. 3:17-18 NKJV
- 2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; 3 meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, 4 that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.5 Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. –Col. 4:2-6 NKJV
- 7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: 8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. –Rev. 3:7-8 NKJV
- 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. –Rev. 3:20 NKJV
- 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” –Gen. 4:7 NKJV
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.–Jn. 10:1-2, 7, 9 NKJV
- 27 Now when they had come and gathered the church together, they reported all that God had done with them, and that He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles. –Acts 14:27 NKJV
- 22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” –Acts 14:22 NKJV
- 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them. –Acts 16:9-10 NKJV
- 12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a door was opened to me by the Lord, –2 Cor. 2:12 NKJV
- 9 Lift up your heads, O you gates!Lift up, you everlasting doors!And the King of glory shall come in. –Ps. 24:9 NKJV
- 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. –Acts 16:26-27 NKJV
- To everything there is a season,A time for every purpose under heaven: 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. –Eccl. 3:1, 11 NKJV
- 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
- 11 I returned and saw under the sun that The race is not to the swift,Nor the battle to the strong,Nor bread to the wise,Nor riches to men of understanding,Nor favor to men of skill;But time and chance happen to them all. –Eccl. 9:10-11 NKJV
- 10 If the ax is dull,And one does not sharpen the edge,Then he must use more strength;But wisdom brings success. –Eccl. 10:10 NKJV
- Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth,Before the difficult days come,And the years draw near when you say,“I have no pleasure in them”: –Eccl. 12:1 NKJV
- 12 So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom. –Ps. 90:12 NKJV
- 2 For He says:“In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. –2 Cor. 6:2 NKJV
- 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found;Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.7 You are my hiding place;You shall preserve me from trouble;You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah –Ps. 32:6-7 NKJV
- 13 But as for me, my prayer is to You,O Lord, in the acceptable time;O God, in the multitude of Your mercy,Hear me in the truth of Your salvation. –Ps. 69:13 NKJV
- 7 For He is our God,And we are the people of His pasture,And the sheep of His hand.Today, if you will hear His voice:8 “Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion,As in the day of trial in the wilderness, –Ps. 95:7-8 NKJV
- 8 Thus says the Lord:“In an acceptable time I have heard You,And in the day of salvation I have helped You;I will preserve You and give You
As a covenant to the people, To restore the earth, To cause them to inherit the desolate heritages; –Is. 49:8 NKJV
- 13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. –Jam. 4:13-17
- To look for open doors of ministry set before us.
- To discern which doors of opportunity are best and most fruitful and which doors are unprofitable for the kingdom or building some else’s empire or name.
- To understand that doors are represent hearts, sin, or passage ways into good, evil, or indifference.
- To comprehend that there are timing issues with windows of opportunity and we must learn to seize the moment of maximized potentials set before us.
- To discern the days we live in are evil, therefore, we must learn to be wise and know God’s will and redeem the time by making the most of every opportunity.
- To have faith that Jesus alone is the door to heaven and no one comes to the Father except through Him.
- To allow God to teach us to number our days, know our times and seasons, and rightly discern the doors to walk through and opportunities to take in wisdom and those which not to walk through.
- To know that “now is the accepted time, today is the day of salvation.”
- OPEN GOOD WORKS, OPEN ETERNAL REWARDS
Matthew 5:16 NKJV
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 6:1-21 NIV
(v. 1) BE CAREFUL not to do your “acts of righteousness” before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have NO REWARD from your Father in heaven.
(v.2) When you give…do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. So that your GIVING MAY BE IN SECRET. Then you Father, who sees what was done in secret, WILL REWARD YOU (OPENLY).
(v. 6) When you pray, go into your room, and close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will REWARD YOU (OPENLY).
(v. 17) When you fast…fast only to Your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, WILL REWARD YOU (OPENLY).
(v. 21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
General Direction: To understand that being created in the image and likeness of God means we are co-laborers with Him on earth and that we are entrusted with stewardship of good works and given incentives of eternal rewards of all our labors of love and the fruits we reproduce in souls and becoming spiritual men and women in Christ.
- 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! 36 And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. –Jn. 4:34-36 NKJV
- 17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. –Jn. 5:17, 17 NKJV
- 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. –Jn. 6:37-38 NKJV
- 28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” –Jn. 8:28-29 NKJV
- 4 I[a]must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” –Jn. 9:4-5 NKJV
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. –Heb. 11:1, 6 NKJV
- 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:10 NKJV
- 18 Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, –1 Tim. 6:18 NKJV
- 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, –Titus 2:7 NKJV
- 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, –Heb. 10:24 NKJV
- 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. –1 Pet. 2:12 NKJV
- 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. –Lk. 6:35 NKJV
- 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. –Heb. 13:16 NKJV
- 17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. –Jam. 4:17 NKJV
- 3 remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father, –1 Thes. 1:3 NKJV
- After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” –Gen. 15:1 NKJV
- 11 Moreover by them Your servant is warned,And in keeping them there is great reward. –Ps. 19:11 NKJV
- 11 So that men will say,“Surely there is a reward for the righteous;Surely He is God who judges in the earth.” –Ps. 58:11 NKJV
- 12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. –Rev. 22:12 NKJV
- 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. –1 Cor. 4:2 NKJV
- That we understand the difference between letting our work be seen before men for God and doing our works openly to be seen of men for ourselves.
- That we treasure the opportunity to do our giving, praying, and fasting in secret to be seen of God, not before men, that our reward be open because of pure hearts and right motives.
- That we learn to not stockpile our treasures on earth but transfer them to heaven where our heart is.
- That we live like Jesus having our total orientation of all things to and from and for the Father—that we can do nothing without Him and everything we do is for His pleasure.
- That we comprehend that we were created in the image and likeness of God to co-labor with Christ and that we are to be given to good works and rich in labors of love.
- That God set incentives for our good works with eternal rewards and He will never forget deeds done in His name, and faithful stewardship of the trust given us.
- That by God’s Word and will we are forewarned and forever rewarded.