22 Mar Online Prayer, KINGDOM MOMENTUM, Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Matthew 6:10 KJV
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Matthew 11:12 NIV
From the days of John the Baptist until now,
THE KINGDOM OF GOD HAS BEEN FORCEFULLY ADVANCING,
and forceful men lay hold of it.
Acts 17:28 KJV
For in him we live, and move, and have our being…For we are also his offspring.
The Bible says, In Him we LIVE and MOVE and have our BEING. (Acts 17:28). Movement in time is evidence of advanced life and intelligent beings of creation. Movement awaited the genesis of creation And the Spirit of God MOVED upon the face of the waters (Gen. 1:2). We observe that movement was cited in man’s delegated dominion over the earth: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and HAVE DOMINION OVER EVERY LIVING THING THAT MOVES upon the earth (Gen. 1:26-28). Even from the blueprint stage to its unfolding, the kingdom of heaven, becomes a living, moving, being place in time and eternity.
Jesus said, the Kingdom of God is FORCEFULLY ADVANCING and FORCEFUL MEN LAY HOLD OF IT (Mt. 11:12 NIV). Moreover, Jesus instructed us regarding the ebb and flow of the coming and spreading of the kingdom of God and the will of God from heaven to earth. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in earth (Mt. 6:10 KJV). He taught this as a daily prayer with bookends being from Your kingdom comes first in the next 24 hours with Your will being done, because at the end of the day, Thine is the KINGDOM, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen. This integrated day by day is a resolution established: Your Kingdom is preeminent in the REALM of Your presence, the RULE of Your power, and the REGENCY of Your REIGN. (Dr. Jack Hayford, Kingdom Dynamics).
Jesus invested more of His words, judgments, and works towards the establishing the Kingdom of heaven on earth than any other subject, except defining the Father relationship. From His inauguration Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Mt. 4:17), Jesus set in motion a life that was lived and moved and had its being in Kingdom Momentum before the Father.
Movement depicts motive. The Son of Man clearly defined the essential nature of knowing our motives, marshalling our movements and mastering the skills of holy momentum for heavenly memorials.
Consider four vital areas of living and moving in our being before God delineated by Jesus Himself:
- DOING – …the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. (Jn. 5:19 NASB)
- JUDGING – I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just, because I do not seek My Own will, but this will of Him who sent Me. (Jn. 5:30 NASB)
- SPEAKING – I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me (Jn. 8:28 NASB)
- PLEASING—For I always do the things that are pleasing to Him. (Jn. 8:29 NASB)
We are given Kingdom stewardship as a gift. For it is your Father’s good pleasure to GIVE YOU THE KINGDOM (Lk. 12:32). But we are accountable and responsible to define, develop, and display the kingdom, individually and collectively, by being led in living and moving and having our being in Christ. …since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire (Heb. 12:28-29 NIV). From the parable of the treasure in the field, pearl of great prize—to the sheep and goats, talents, and sower there is attention called to our motives, movements, mobilization, momentum, and memorials as the Kingdom comes and His will is done in and through us.
The “Kingdom Logic” should sound something like this: A pure MOTIVE births a legitimate MOVEMENT launching the MOBILIZATION of a people through Spirit MOMENTUM SUSTAINED over time to build eternal MEMORIALS to the praise of His glorious grace!
Times and Seasons and Motives and Movements are implicated through and Scripture:
- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. (Eccl. 3:1 NIV)
- The Sons of Issachar had understanding of the times and what Israel ought to do. (1 Chron. 12:32)
- From one nation he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth. And he determined the times for them and the exact places where they should live. (Acts 17:26 NIV)
- …For who knows whether you have come TO THE KINGDOM FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS. (Est. 4:14 )
- …that you walk worthy of the Kingdom of God. (2 Thes. 1:5)
Jesus told us to Take His yoke upon us and learn of Him, work with Him, and walk with Him (Mt. 11:28).
Today we pray into the 5 Dimensions of Kingdom Momentum: In life there is a STARTING POINT and he FINISH LINE. Everyday our Priorities, Progress, and Eternal Purpose are in play. Our endeavor is to learn that God has shaped us for our days and shaped our days for us and we are responsible for every word, judgement, and deed as we live and move and have our being in Christ.
- MOTIVES UNDIVIDED
Psalm 86:11 NIV
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth:
GIVE ME AN UNDIVIDED HEART,
that I might fear your name.
Hebrews 4:12 Philips Translation
For the Word that God speaks is alive and active:
It cuts more keenly than any two-edged sword;
It strikes through to the place where soul and spirit meet,
to the inner most intimacies of a man’s being
IT EXAMINES THE EVERY THOUGHTS AND MOTIVES of a man’s heart.
General Direction: For us to purify our hearts, each individual, to have undivided/united heart collectively; to allow the Sword of the Sprit to discern our heart’s intentions and for us to walk in the light as He is in the light with sincere love and honesty to God and men.
- Lord, You have searched me and known me.23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;Try me, and know my anxieties;24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,And lead me in the way everlasting. –Ps. 139:1, 23-24 NKJV
- 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. –Ps. 51:6 NKJV
- The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein. 2 For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters. 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive blessing from the Lord, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. 6 This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah 7 Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. 8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle. 9 Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. 10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah –Ps. 24 NKJV
- Blessed are the pure in heart,For they shall see God. –Mt. 5:8 NKJV
- 12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit,[a] in faith, in purity. –1 Tim. 4:12 NKJV
- Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. –1 Tim. 7:1 NIV
- 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good. –Titus 1:15-16 NIV
- 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:11-14 NIV
- 11 For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down, My name shall be great among the Gentiles; In every place incense shall be offered to My name, And a pure offering; For My name shall be great among the nations,” Says the Lord of hosts.–Mal. 1:11 NKJV
- 2 “But who can endure the day of His coming?And who can stand when He appears?For He is like a refiner’s fire And like launderers’ soap.3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;He will purify the sons of Levi,And purge them as gold and silver,That they may offer to the Lord An offering in righteousness. –Mal. 3:2-3 NKJV
- 8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,And[a]honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. –Mt. 15:8 NKJV
- Then God said to Jacob, “Go up to Bethel and settle there, and build an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you were fleeing from your brother Esau.” 2 So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, “Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves and change your clothes.3 Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone.”–Gen. 35:1-3 NIV
- 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. –Jam. 1:8 NKJV
- 6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:“God resists the proud,But gives grace to the humble.” 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. –Jam. 4:6-8 NKJV
- 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity[a] that is in Christ. –2 Cor. 11:2-3 NKJV
- 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, –Phil. 1:10 NKJV
- 22 Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure. –1 Tim. 5:22 NIV
- 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. –2 Tim. 2:22 NKJV
- 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. –1 Jn. 3:3 NIV
- 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. –1 Jn. 1:7, 9 NIV
- 22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. –1 Pet. 1:22 NIV
- For every one of us to ask God to search our hearts to check our motives for what we say, do, and judge.
- For the Word of God, Sword of the Spirit to discern our every motive and intention of the heart.
- For God to teach us His way to walk in His truth, that our hearts are undivided and united.
- For God to purify our hearts like the Refiner’s fire—remove the dross /impurities.
- For the work of the kingdom to clear the clutter within us to have a pure heart to see God.
- For us to walk in the light as He is in the light.
- For us to be true to ourselves and honest to God.
- For us to be wise concerning good and innocent regarding evil.
- For us to keep a pure heart by obedience and Spirit-leading.
- MOVEMENT EMBRACED
Acts 2:2 NKJV
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind,
and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Luke 9:23 NIV
If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and TAKE UP HIS CROSS DAILY AND FOLLOW ME.
Galatians 5:25 NIV
Since we live by the Spirit, LET US KEEP IN STEP WITH THE SPIRIT.
General Direction: For us to remember that a “might rushing wind” filled the Upper Room unleashing the most powerful move of God in the earth; that we would experience a 21st Century Pentecost and be moved by Holy Spirit again; to remember that as children of God we are led by the Spirit not driven by anything else.
- 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things.21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. –2 Pet. 1:20-21 NIV
- 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem[a]until you are endued with power from on high.” –Lk. 24:49 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me[a]in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts. 1:8 NKJV
- 38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” –Acts 2:38-39 NKJV
- 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.19 Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, –Mt. 28:18-19 NKJV
- 28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” –Mt. 11:28-30 MSG
- 26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. –Gen. 1:26-28, 30 NKJV
- 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ –Acts. 17:28 NKJV
- 26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; –2 Cor. 11:26 NKJV
- 36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. –Rom. 11:36 NKJV
- 6 The Lord our God said to us at Horeb, “You have stayed long enough at this mountain. 7 Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates. 8 See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them.” –Deut. 1:6-8 NIV
- 14 For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you. –Deut. 23:14 NIV
- 21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,“This is the way, walk in it,”Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left. –Is. 30:21 NKJV
- Psalm 23
- 21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night. 22 He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day or the pillar of fire by night from before the people. –Ex. 13:21-22 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. –Zech. 4:6 NKJV
- And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” –Lk. 2:49 NKJV
- To never be driven but led by the Spirit as children of the Father.
- To find out where God is working, and join Him there.
- To learn the unforced rhythms of grace and in Him we live and move and have our being.
- To live knowing that from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
- To take up our cross daily and move in resurrection power.
- To open the sails of our spirit and allow Holy Spirit to move us along.
- To always move forward to go in and possess the land before us.
- To always check our own moves and where those moves will take us and who is moving us in that direction.
- MOBILIZATION ORDERED
How can two walk together, unless they agree?
Matthew 18:19-20 NIV
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
1 Corinthians 14:40 KJV
Let all things be done decently and in order.
General Direction: For us to come into agreement around the will, works, and ways of God’s leading and be yoked together in unity by the Spirit of Unity; that we allow no disorder, chaos, or confusion among us but do that which is ordered by heaven and brings us together in agreement of the heart.
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aaron, Running down on the edge of his garments. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Descending upon the mountains of Zion For there the Lord commanded the blessing— Life forevermore. –Psalm 133
- I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; –Eph. 4:1-4 NKJV
- 13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. –Jam. 3:13-18 NKJV
- 5 So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily.6 Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia. 7 After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit[a]did not permit them. 8 So passing by Mysia, they came down to Troas. 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them. –Acts 16:5-10 NKJV
- 2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away.4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.—Acts 13:2-4 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Acts 10:38 NKJV
- 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ –Acts 26:18 NKJV
- Now in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint against the Hebrews by the Hellenists,[a]because their widows were neglected in the daily distribution. 2 Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables. 3 Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; 4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” –Acts 6:1-4 NKJV
- 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” –Jn. 3:8 NKJV
- 18 And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me.
- So they said, “Let us rise up and build.” Then they set their hands to this good work. 20 So I answered them, and said to them, “The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build, but you have no heritage or right or memorial in Jerusalem.” –Neh. 2:18, 20 NKJV
- 6 So we built the wall, and the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work. 17 Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon. 18 Every one of the builders had his sword girded at his side as he built. And the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me. –Neh. 4:6, 17-18 NKJV
- 19 The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills.–Hab. 3:19 NKJV
- 2 “Thus speaks the Lord of hosts, saying: ‘This people says, “The time has not come, the time that the Lord’s house should be built.”’”
- 3 Then the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet, saying, 4 “Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?” 5 Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: “Consider your ways! 12 Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed the voice of the Lord their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet, as the Lord their God had sent him; and the people feared the presence of the Lord. 13 Then Haggai, the Lord’s messenger, spoke the Lord’s message to the people, saying, “I am with you, says the Lord.” 14 So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,–Hg. 1:2-5, 12-14 NKJV
- 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. –Eph. 4:11-16 NKJV
- 19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. –Eph. 2:19-22 NKJV
- Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. –Eph. 5:1-2 NKJV
- 1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. –1 Cor. 11:1 NIV
- 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. –Mt. 24:46 NKJV
- For us to come into AGREEMENT as to who is leading, where we are going and how to get there.
- For us to allow the Spirit of Unity to collect the synergy to move together in the same direction.
- For us to learn that our strength is not in our diversity, but in our unity to a vision.
- For us to realize that vision unifies us but love helps us enjoy the journey together.
- For us to do all things decently and in order.
- For us to understand that mobilized order is where the anointing oil flows from the head down the garment of Aaron—so too from the leadership to the body.
- For God’s people to repent of complaining, offendedness, petty, trivial, argumentative attitudes, and contentions.
- For us to “give ourselves to prayer and the ministry of the word” to align us together.
- MOMENTUM SUSTAINED
1 Corinthians 9:24, 26-27 NIV
Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Philippians 3:12-14 NIV
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 NIV
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
General Direction: For us to understand that we do not create momentum but take hold of it; that holy momentum is either coming towards us or going by us; that we must move with Spirit-led momentum and endurance and excellence.
- Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. –Heb. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world rather than on Christ. –Col. 2:6-8 NIV
- 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, –Eph. 5:17-18 NKJV
- 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ –Mt. 25:21 NKJV
- 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:34 NKJV
- 19 serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews; 20 how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, 21 testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 22 And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, 23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. 24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself,[a] so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. 25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 35 I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” –Acts 20:19-27, 35 NKJV
- 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. –Jn. 15:13 NKJV
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. –Rom. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”—Josh. 1:3, 5-9 NKJV
- 9 So Joshua said to the children of Israel, “Come here, and hear the words of the Lordyour God.” 10 And Joshua said, “By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites 15 and as those who bore the ark came to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests who bore the ark dipped in the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks during the whole time of harvest), 16 that the waters which came down from upstream stood still, and rose in a heap very far away at Adam, the city that is beside Zaretan. So the waters that went down into the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, failed, and were cut off; and the people crossed over opposite Jericho. 17 Then the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan; and all Israel crossed over on dry ground, until all the people had crossed completely over the Jordan. –Josh. 3:9-10, 15-17 NKJV
- 2 It is eleven days’ journey from Horeb by way of Mount Seir to Kadesh Barnea. 3 Now it came to pass in the fortieth year, in the eleventh month, on the first day of the month, that Moses spoke to the children of Israel according to all that the Lord had given him as commandments to them, 6 “The Lord our God spoke to us in Horeb, saying: ‘You have dwelt long enough at this mountain. 8 See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the Lord swore to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—to give to them and their descendants after them.’ 10 The Lord your God has multiplied you, and here you are today, as the stars of heaven in multitude. 11 May the Lord God of your fathers make you a thousand times more numerous than you are, and bless you as He has promised you! –Deut. 1:2-3, 6, 8, 10-11 NKJV
- For us to understand that we do not create momentum but we take hold of the momentum that comes by us.
- For us to realize that holy momentum is either coming towards us or going by us.
- For us to set the pace by faith and obedience to keep pace with the momentum of the kingdom in our time.
- For us to sustain the momentum given to us by running with endurance.
- For us to remove hindrances, entanglements, and every weight that impedes our progress to run the appointed course of the race before us.
- For us to check ourselves so that we will not be disqualified for the prize; to run with purpose together.
- For us to give the whole counsel of God and finish the task of testifying to God’s grace and fulfill His will.
- MEMORIALS ESTABLISHED
Your prayers and your giving have come up FOR A MEMORIAL BEFORE GOD.
Malachi 3:16-18 NIV
Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard.
A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.
“On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.
General Direction: To understand that with our words, judgements, and deeds we are building memorials and monuments in heaven and on earth; that we are building kingdoms as living stones, line upon line—block by block; that God sets rewards as incentives in this life and beyond when we build by His Spirit for His glory.
- 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. –2 Cor. 3:2-3 NKJV
- 1 Cor. 11
- 19 Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.’” –Hg. 2:19 NKJV
- 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, –Heb. 2:2-3 NKJV
- 18 Where there is no revelation,[a] the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law. –Pro. 29:18 NKJV
- 16 ‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;I will rebuild its ruins,And I will set it up;17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,Says the Lord who does all these things.’ 18 “Known to God from eternity are all His works. —Acts 15:16-18 NKJV
- Psalm 118
- 13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” 14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. –Mt. 16:13-18 NKJV
- 10 Your kingdom come.Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. –Mt. 6:10 NKJV
- To realize that God is recording our every word, judgement, and deed in His Book of Remembrance.
- To understand that our lives are open books known and read of all men writing our memorials after we are gone.
- To live knowing there are crowns of life and righteousness laid up a memorials in heaven for fighting the good fight, running the race, and keeping the faith.
- To comprehend that we are building a habitation of God’s Spirit and living stones block by block, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little.
- To be intentional in walking with Jesus, the Master Builder, in establishing His church on earth and kingdom in eternity.
- To seek the blessing and favor of God in advancing His kingdom on earth to receive rewards for our labor in heaven and build monuments to God’s glory.
- To make His kingdom come, will be done our Memorial Markers.