03 Jan Online Prayer, PRAYER FOR THE FRESH ANOINTING, Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Isaiah 61:1-4 NKJV
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
TO PREACH good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me TO HEAL the brokenhearted,
TO PROCLAIM liberty to the captives,
And THE OPENING of the prison to those who are bound;
2 TO PROCLAIM the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
TO COMFORT all who mourn,
3 TO CONSOLE those who mourn in Zion,
TO GIVE them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, THAT HE MAY BE GLORIFIED.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
Acts 10:37-38 NKJV
The word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee the baptism which John preached: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who we oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
Jesus declared that “The Spirit of the LORD God is upon Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to…” From study of Scripture we learn that Jesus demonstrated the supernatural, not based on His divinity as God the Son, but on His humanity surrendered as a Servant. Philippians 2:5-11 reveals that Jesus “emptied Himself, taking on the form of a bondservant” (vs. 7 NASB). He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death. Everything Jesus did was dependent on the anointing of the Holy Spirit and power as the Son of man.
The anointing is defined as the ability of God to remove burdens, destroy yokes, heal the oppressed of the devil and do mighty exploits with supernatural capability. Psalm 92:10 I shall be anointed with FRESH OIL. The Hebrew word for “fresh” means the fresh oil that is squeezed from an olive or the new growth of a tree sprout emerging from the earth. We learn also from Scripture that the fresh anointing does not occur randomly nor is it dispensed indiscriminately or irrationally. It appears that the Holy Spirit measures fresh anointing in three ways:
- For the purpose of the Father’s selection in His sovereignty.
- For the mandate and the messaging of the Son’s manifestation to fulfill prophecy.
- For the man found in the favor of God on the frontiers of where the Holy Spirit’s ability is demanded.
Psalm 89:20-21 I have found My servant David, with My holy oil have I anointed Him. David was found being a servant therefore He found an available supply of fresh anointing equal to the tasks at hand and opposition ahead. In the Old Testament the anointing came upon God’s servants. In the New Testament the anointing emerges from the living waters that flow from with the well of the spirit-man.
Jesus, the Anointed One, found favor as the Son of God whereas Jesus was anointed as the Servant of God. Hebrews 5:7-8, Though he were a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author (source) of eternal salvation unto all them that obey. Jesus was perfect as a Son but became perfected as a Servant because He learned obedience in order to be the source of salvation to those who obey. Remember the account reads “How God anointed Jesus who went about doing…” The servant of God is not said to be blessed in his hearing but blessed in his doing (See James 1:25).
Our endeavor today is to pray and position ourselves for a fresh anointing in 2018 in the order of the prophetic mandate in Isaiah 61:1-3. Because the Holy Spirit grants the fresh anointing to those serving God’s purpose we will intercede for His visitation on our advances, expansions, and taking back stolen ground to rebuild and restore that which was lost and destroyed.
A.W. Tozer wrote: The miracle always follows the plow. Where the church has advanced we witness an open heaven visiting her progresses with miracles. When the church stayed, the miracles stopped and the church became stagnant. We notice in the Early Church God working with His people as they to moved forward; And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the Word with signs following Amen (Mk. 16:20) Our attitude must be no less than the two lepers in 2 Kings 7: 6. After they witnessed the power of God scatter the Syrians giving an entire city for their taking. The two lepers said to one another; We are not doing right! This is a day of good news, and we are holding our peace….now therefore we must go and tell…
As we take up the Messianic-mantle of Isaiah 61 as Jesus was anointed—let’s go into the highways and by-ways, the valleys of decision, and the spots where the fish are biting and there preach, proclaim, and do good because the Spirit of the LORD God is with us as He was with Jesus! As the Father sent Jesus, Jesus also sends us! We have favor as sons we find fresh anointing as servants. We are anointed to serve!
- PRAYER – To PREACH To The Poor
Isaiah 52:7 NKJV
How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
Your God reigns!
Romans 10:14-15 KJV
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
Because the Lord has anointed Me…
To preach good tidings to the poor;
General Direction: To PREACH the Good News to ALL HUMANITY (poor in spirit= none righteous, all have fallen short of the glory of God, sinners need a Savior); being anointed to motivate, move, and mobilize to carry the torch of the Gospel to all nations starting with our homes, neighborhoods, cities, nation, and to the ends of the earth.
- I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever;With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations. 4 ‘Your seed I will establish forever,And build up your throne to all generations.’” Selah –Ps. 89:1, 4 NKJV
- 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. –Mt. 28:18-20 NKJV
- 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. –Mt. 24:14 NKJV
- 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ –Mt. 25:34-39 NKJV
- 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” –Mt. 25:45-46 NKJV
- 10 And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. –Mk. 13:10 NKJV
- 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” –Mk.16:15-18 NKJV
- 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. –Lk. 24:47 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts. 1:8 NKJV
- 27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” –Acts 4:27-30
- 16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. 18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel. 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. –1 Cor. 9:16-19; 26-27 NKJV
- Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. –1 Cor. 11:1 NKJV
- 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. –1Cor. 2:4-5 NKJV
- 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. –1 Cor. 3:6 NKJV
- 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. –1 Cor. 9:22 NKJV
- 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, –2 Cor. 3:2-5 NKJV
- 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? –2 Cor. 2:14-16 NKJV
- 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences. 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. –2 Cor. 5:11, 14-18, 20 NKJV
- 8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance,And the ends of the earth for Your possession. –Ps. 2:8 NKJV
- 3 Declare His glory among the nations,His wonders among all peoples. –Ps. 96:3 NKJV
- 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. –Mt. 10:8, 27 NKJV
- 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? –Rom. 8:31-32 NKJV
- We are anointed to worship and service:
- Making known God’s faithfulness to all generations.
- To shout from the roof tops what has spoken in secret.
- To preach the Gospel to ALL creatures and announce the Good News in a world of bad news.
- To proclaim that the Father who did not withhold His only Son has also freely given us all things with Him.
- To embrace the mandate by proclaiming the message of Christ and being faithful stewards over the trust given to us as ambassadors.
- To believe that God’s demonstrations of power comes, not on our worldly wisdom or eloquent speech, but on His Word and Spirit-Words spoken by us.
- To be responsible as son/servants to go into all the world and make disciples of all men.
- PRAYER – To HEAL the Brokenhearted
Psalm 147:3 NKJV
He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.
The Lord has anointed Me…
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
General Direction: To operate in the anointing to heal and restore, whether they come or we go, with the healing properties of God’s Word, Presence, or Power to those wounded, abandoned, broken, and in despair.
- 13 Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently;He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.14 Just as many were astonished at you,So His visage was marred more than any man,And His form more than the sons of men;15 So shall He sprinkle many nations.Kings shall shut their mouths at Him;For what had not been told them they shall see,And what they had not heard they shall consider. –Is. 52:13-15 NKJV
- 4 “I will give children to be their princes,And babes shall rule over them.5 The people will be oppressed,Everyone by another and every one by his neighbor. The child will be insolent toward the elder,And the base toward the honorable.”6 When a man takes hold of his brother In the house of his father, saying,“You have clothing;You be our ruler,And let these ruins be under your power,” 7 In that day he will protest, saying,“I cannot cure your ills,For in my house is neither food nor clothing;Do not make me a ruler of the people.”8 For Jerusalem stumbled,And Judah is fallen, Because their tongue and their doings Are against the Lord, To provoke the eyes of His glory. 9 The look on their countenance witnesses against them, And they declare their sin as Sodom; They do not hide it. Woe to their soul! For they have brought evil upon themselves. 12 As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.” –Is. 53:4-9, 12 NKJV
- 18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him; I will also lead him, And restore comforts to him And to his mourners. 19 “I create the fruit of the lips: Peace, peace to him who is far off and to him who is near,” Says the Lord, “And I will heal him.” –Is. 57:18-19 NKJV
- 10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return,And come to Zion with singing,With everlasting joy on their heads.They shall obtain joy and gladness, And sorrow and sighing shall flee away. –Is. 35:10 NKJV
- 17 One thousand shall flee at the threat of one, At the threat of five you shall flee,Till you are left as a pole on top of a mountain And as a banner on a hill. –Is. 30:17 NKJV
- 14 They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly,Saying, ‘Peace, peace!’When there is no peace. 16 Thus says the Lord: “Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ –Jer. 6:14, 16 NKJV
- 20 “The harvest is past, The summer is ended, And we are not saved!” 21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people I am hurt. I am mourning; Astonishment has taken hold of me. 22 Is there no balm in Gilead, Is there no physician there? Why then is there no recovery For the health of the daughter of my people? –Jer. 8:20-22 NKJV
- 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,And whose hope is the Lord.8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,Which spreads out its roots by the river,And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. 14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise. –Jer. 17:7-8, 14 NKJV
- 17 For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord,‘Because they called you an outcast saying:“This is Zion;No one seeks her.”’ –Jer. 30:17 NKJV
- 22 “Return, you backsliding children, And I will heal your backslidings.” “Indeed we do come to You, For You are the Lord our God. –Jer. 3:22 NKJV
- 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:“He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” –Mt. 8:17 NKJV
- 12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life. –Pro. 13:12 NKJV
- Bless the Lord, O my soul;And all that is within me, bless His holy name!2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget not all His benefits:3 Who forgives all your iniquities,Who heals all your diseases, –Ps. 103:1-3 NKJV
- 3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. –Ps. 147:3 NKJV
- 2 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled. –Ps. 6:2 NKJV
- 4 I said, “Lord, be merciful to me;Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.” –Ps. 41:4 NKJV
- 2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. –3 Jn. 2 NKJV
- 26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.” –Ex. 15:26 NKJV
- 22 For they are life to those who find them,And health to all their flesh. –Pro. 4:22 NKJV
- And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease. 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.–Mt. 10:1, 8 NKJV
- 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. –Mt. 4:23 NKJV
- 35 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.—Mt. 9:35 NKJV
- 15 and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons: –Mk. 3:15 NKJV
- 16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. –James 5:16 NKJV
- To bind up, put on emotional bandages with the Balm of Gilead for healing by speaking life-giving, healing words, truth that sets free and offers ongoing support to recovery, security, acceptance, and love until the broken and wounded heart is restored.
- To pick up and carry the feeble and broken down and usher them into holiness, wholeness, and prosperity of soul and body.
- To break the powers of infirmity and sickness and offer the hope, help, healing, and holiness.
- To establish a place of rehab, recovery, with restoration of things loss and wounded.
- To speak the healing word over people, families, generations, and congregations.
- To position ourselves in faith through prayer and fasting to activate signs, wonders, and miracle in ministry.
- PRAYER – To PROCLAIM Freedom to Captives
Colossians 1:13 NKJV
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love…
Isaiah 58:16 NKJV
Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
The Lord has anointed Me…
To proclaim liberty to the captives
General Direction: To proclaim the message of freedom to those captured in the slavery of sin and to help them understand that only true freedom is in Christ; freedom not doing what you want to, but doing what you should do; that we have an obligation in holiness to carry the burden of freedom with obedience and responsibility to freely give as we have freely received.
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. –Gal. 5:1, 6 NIV
- 31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.–Jn. 8:31-32, 36 NKJV
- 7 To open blind eyes,To bring out prisoners from the prison,Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice,The villages that Kedar inhabits.Let the inhabitants of Sela sing,Let them shout from the top of the mountains. –Is. 42: 7, 11 NKJV
- 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. –Rom. 8:2, 21 NKJV
- 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. –2 Cor. 3:17-18 NKJV
- 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. —1 Cor. 8:9 NKJV
- 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. –Gal. 5:3 NKJV
- 16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. –1 Pet. 2:16 NKJV
- 25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. –Acts 16:25-26 NKJV
- 17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” 25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” 27 And the satraps, administrators, governors, and the king’s counselors gathered together, and they saw these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them.28 Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, who sent His Angel[a] and delivered His servants who trusted in Him, and they have frustrated the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they should not serve nor worship any god except their own God! –Dan. 3:17-18, 25, 27-28 NKJV
- 30 He must increase, but I must decrease. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:30- 34 NKJV
- 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead,[a]cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.–Mt. 10:7-8, 16, 38-39 NKJV
- To proclaim the Gospel of Freedom in Christ to those bound in the slavery of sin and the curse.
- To proclaim that the only true freedom in life in how the Son sets you free.
- To proclaim that God’s freedom is, not being free to do what you want to do, but free to be who you are created to be and called to do what you should do.
- To proclaim to saints and sinners that it was for freedom’s sake that Christ set us free.
- To proclaim the measure of freedom, in that, Jesus placed no restrictions on Holy Spirit, therefore He had the Spirit of Liberty without measure (Jn. 3:34). Consequently you are as free as you choose to be in the realm of the Spirit.
- PRAYER – To OPEN Prison Doors for those Bound
Acts 26:18 NKJV
To open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
The Lord has anointed Me…
The opening of the prison to those who are bound;
General Direction: To understand that once we’ve been liberated and we are called out of darkness into God’s marvelous light, thus, we are to the open prison doors of the devil’s devices and schemes. We become liberators that freely give what we have freely received; to minister in Biblical balance in spiritual warfare avoiding the polar extremes that distracts us from our responsibility to open prison doors to those bound.
- 27 It shall come to pass in that day That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder,And his yoke from your neck,And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil. –Is. 10:27 NKJV
- 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. –2 Cor. 10:3-6 NKJV
- 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it! –2 Cor. 11:3-4 NKJV
- 10 Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices. 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?–2 Cor. 2:10-11, 14-16 NKJV
- 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Mt. 16:18-19 NKJV
- 18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
- 19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” –Mt. 18:18-20 NKJV
- 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. –Eph. 6:10-12 NKJV
- 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, –2 Thes. 2:9 NKJV
- 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. –Jn. 12:31 NKJV
- And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, –Eph. 2:1-2 NKJV
- 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. –Eph. 3:12 NKJV
- 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. –2 Cor. 4:4 NKJV
- 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. –Heb. 4:16 NKJV
- 17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. –1 Jn. 4:17 NKJV
- 19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. –Phil 1:19 NIV
- 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. –Phi 2:12-13 NIV
- 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. –Col. 2:10, 14-15 NIV
- 9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; –1 Pet. 2:9 NKJV
- 21 Were you called while a slave? Do not be concerned about it; but if you can be made free, rather use it. 22 For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord’s freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24 Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called. –1 Cor. 7:21-24 NKJV
- To understand that everything physical and visible is controlled by something spiritual and invisible.
- To rise up and take up our authority and power in Christ to open prison doors to those bound.
- To expose the devil’s devices and schemes to entrap and hold people in spiritual prisons.
- To comprehend the triumph of Christ over the devil and the forces of hell and walk in the fullness of His victory.
- To understand our authority to bind and loose in the correct Biblical manner.
- To realize that deliverance comes in different ways; some things God chooses to deliver us from, other things God will deliver us through. (Phil 1:16 NIV)
- PRAYER – To DECLARE the Acceptable Year of the LORD and the Day of God’s Vengeance
Matthew 3:16-17 NKJV
When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water;
and behold, the heavens were opened to Him,
and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying,
“This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Isaiah 55:6 NKJV
Seek the LORD while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
Ephesians 1:6b KJV
He hath made us accepted in the beloved.
General Direction: To decree and declare the Jubilee of Jesus, the year of God’s favor for those who believe and behave in obedience to Christ’s commands and live by the will of God in bearing fruits in keeping with repentance not using grace as a license of sin but to serve God and worship acceptably as a living sacrifice.
- 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,Because He has anointed MeTo preach the gospel to the poor;He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; –Lk. 4:18 NKJV
- NOTE: Jesus being the word of God Himself has the authority to edit and extend God’s Word. He added “opening of the eyes of the blind” to emphasize His spiritual work of bringing new vision and restoring loss of sight. He leaves off at “the year of the Lord’s favor” and does not cite the “year of God’s vengeance” because of Christ’s dispensation of grace to those chosen, predestined, and adopted “in Him” (Eph. 1:6-14) —we are not appointed to judgment, rather our judgment took place at the cross and our’s is, not a throne of vengeance, but a throne of grace (Heb. 4:14-16). However, to the wicked and unbelieving the day of God’s vengeance will most surely come. (Rev. 20:11-15, 21:8)
- 14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. –Heb. 4:14-16 NKJV
- 10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. –Zech. 12:10 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts.
7 ‘Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’” –Zech. 4:6-7 NKJV
- 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. –1 Cor. 15::10 NKJV
- 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” –Gal. 2:20-21 NKJV
- 2 For He says:“In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. –2 Cor. 6:2 NKJV
- 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found;Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.7 You are my hiding place;You shall preserve me from trouble;You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah –Ps. 32:6-7 NKJV
- 13 But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, in the acceptable time; O God, in the multitude of Your mercy, Hear me in the truth of Your salvation.
14 Deliver me out of the mire, And let me not sink; Let me be delivered from those who hate me, And out of the deep waters. 15 Let not the floodwater overflow me, Nor let the deep swallow me up; And let not the pit shut its mouth on me. 16 Hear me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good; Turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies. –Ps. 69:13-16 NKJV
- 7 For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice: –Ps. 95:7 NKJV
- 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, –Acts 17:30 NKJV
- 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. –Lk. 3:8 NKJV
- 31 Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” –Lk. 5:31-32
- 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. –Lk. 13:3 NKJV
- 8 Thus says the Lord: “In an acceptable time I have heard You, And in the day of salvation I have helped You; I will preserve You and give You
As a covenant to the people, To restore the earth, To cause them to inherit the desolate heritages; –Is. 49:8 NKJV
- 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. –2 Cor. 3:17 NKJV
- 10 And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family. –Lev. 25:10 NKJV
- 26 For then you will have your delight in the Almighty,And lift up your face to God.27 You will make your prayer to Him,He will hear you,And you will pay your vows.28 You will also declare a thing,And it will be established for you;So light will shine on your ways. –Job 22:26-28 NKJV
- 6 “Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion.”7 “I will declare the decree:The Lord has said to Me,‘You are My Son,Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession. 9 You shall break[a] them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’” 10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling. –Ps. 2:6-11 NKJV
- To decree and declare that this passage of prophesy was fulfilled in Jesus of Nazareth.
- To declare that spiritual eyes are opened to those will believe and that in the covenant of grace, we are not appointed to wrath but mercy and favor. (1 Thes. 5:9; Heb. 4:14-16)
- To shout in celebration to the mountain of legalism and condemnation “Grace, grace, you have been made plain before the LORD!”
- To realize that now is the acceptable time, today is the day of salvation.
- To understand the Spirit of grace and that God reached down and lifted us from the pit of destruction and empowers us to live as overcomers in grace!
- To live knowing we are to be found in God‘s favor by being obedient son/servants to the commands of Christ.
- PRAYER – To COMFORT All Who Mourn In Zion
Psalm 30:11 AMP.
You have turned my mourning into dancing for me;
You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness.
1 Corinthians 1:3-4 NKJV
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and GOD OF ALL COMFORT,
who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may also comfort those who are in trouble,
with the same comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
General Direction: To freely give comfort as we have received, having been freely comforted from the God of all comfort; to be those who fulfill the royal law to love our neighbor by pouring in the oil and wine and applying the Balm of Gilead. Take risks in receiving the hurting who come into our midst while going to where the broken, lost, lowly, and looking are and comfort them with the Good News and the power of filling their empty places with hope and a future—rebuilding their lives with the Word of God and the oil of gladness.
- Arise, shine;For your light has come!And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,And deep darkness the people, But the Lord will arise over you,And His glory will be seen upon you. –Is. 6-:1-2 NKJV
- 11 Therefore your gates shall be open continually;They shall not be shut day or night,That men may bring to you the wealth of the Gentiles,And their kings in procession.12 For the nation and kingdom which will not serve you shall perish,And those nations shall be utterly ruined. –IS. 60:11-12 NKJV
- 6 I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;They shall never hold their peace day or night.You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, 8 The Lord has sworn by His right hand And by the arm of His strength:“Surely I will no longer give your grain As food for your enemies;And the sons of the foreigner shall not drink your new wine,For which you have labored. 11 Indeed the Lord has proclaimed To the end of the world:“Say to the daughter of Zion,‘Surely your salvation is coming;Behold, His reward is with Him,And His work before Him.’” –Is. 62:6, 8, 11 NKJV
- 4 Who sit among the graves,And spend the night in the tombs;Who eat swine’s flesh,And the broth of abominable things is in their vessels; –Ps. 65:4 NKJV
- 7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. 8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. 9 For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. 10 Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You, And Your righteousness to the upright in heart. –Ps. 36:7-10 NKJV
- 17 Show me a sign for good,That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed,Because You, Lord, have helped me and comforted me. –Ps. 86:17 NKJV
- 3 For the Lord will comfort Zion,He will comfort all her waste places;He will make her wilderness like Eden,And her desert like the garden of the Lord;Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody. –Is. 51:3 NKJV
- 13 As one whom his mother comforts,So I will comfort you;And you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”–Is. 66:13 NKJV
- 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” –Mt. 11:28-30 NKJV
- There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. –Rom. 8:1-2 NKJV
- 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. –Jn. 14:26-27 NKJV
- 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a]have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” –Jn. 16:33 NKJV
- 19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. –Rom. 16:19-20 NKJV
- “Comfort, yes, comfort My people!” Says your God. –Is. 40:1 NKJV
- 7 so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow. –2 Cor. 2:7 NKJV
- 11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. 14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. –1 Thes. 5:11, 14 NKJV
- 17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him[a] because He first loved us. 1 Jn. 4:17-19 NKJV
- 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. –Gal. 6:2 NKJV
- 12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.
- 14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; –Heb. 12:12-15 NKJV
CONTRASTING Is. 61:1-3 with Luke 4:18
NOTE: Here again Jesus as the Word of God has the divine authority to advise and extend the original text, in that, although He did not cite these verses, He implied them in what He asserted. Moreover, the text reference “comforting all who mourn” as well as “comforting those that mourn in Zion” means we are called to comfort all who mourn who are lost in this world and we are especially “appointed” to comfort our Jewish friends and brethren in Christ too. Paul the Apostle writing similarly: Gal. 6:10 As we have opportunity, let us do good to ALL MEN, ESPECIALLY to those who are OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH.
- As the redeemed of the LORD we can offer hope through our experiences that our past ashes have been supernaturally transformed into a work of art–a thing of beauty in the Master’s hand.
- To arise and shine and be a shining city set on high for the lost, lonely, and looking to see.
- To accept the obligation to comfort others with the same comfort we received from the God of all comfort.
- To understand that as ministers of reconciliation we are commanded to love our neighbor as ourselves and that means love in action i.e. applying the Balm of Gilead and pouring in the oil and wine like the Good Samaritan.
- To be responsible to take risks and become vulnerable to the grieving and hurting and share in their sufferings as Jesus shared in ours.
- PROCLAMATION: TELL THEM
Isaiah 58:12 NKJV
Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.
Isaiah 61:4 NKJV
And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
General Direction: The anointing to decree the PROCLAMATION of the LORD over places of old ruin and wreckage and raise the foundations of many generations; to be repairers of the breaches and restorers of the streets and be the planting of the Lord to display His glory by bearing much fruit that remains, even in drought, and covers the earth as the waters cover the sea!
- 13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord Shall flourish in the courts of our God. –Ps. 92:13 NKJV
- Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners,Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,And in His law he meditates day and night.3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water,That brings forth its fruit in its season,Whose leaf also shall not wither;And whatever he does shall prosper. –Ps. 1:1-3 NKJV
- 5 Thus says the Lord:“Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength,Whose heart departs from the Lord.6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,And shall not see when good comes,But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,In a salt land which is not inhabited.7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,And whose hope is the Lord.8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,Which spreads out its roots by the river,And will not fear[a] when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. –Jer. 17:5-8 NKJV
- 12 Those from among you Shall build the old waste places;You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In. –Is. 58:12 NKJV
- 10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. –Ezk. 36:10 NKJV
- The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them, And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose; 2 It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, Even with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, The excellence of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord,
The excellency of our God. 3 Strengthen the weak hands, And make firm the feeble knees. 4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God;He will come and save you.” –Is. 35:1-4 NKJV
- 18 I will open rivers in desolate heights,And fountains in the midst of the valleys;I will make the wilderness a pool of water,And the dry land springs of water.19 I will plant in the wilderness the cedar and the acacia tree,The myrtle and the oil tree;I will set in the desert the cypress tree and the pine And the box tree together,20 That they may see and know,And consider and understand together,That the hand of the Lord has done this,
And the Holy One of Israel has created it. –Is. 41:18-20 NKJV
- 19 “For your waste and desolate places,And the land of your destruction,Will even now be too small for the inhabitants;And those who swallowed you up will be far away. –Is. 49:19 NKJV
- 3 For the Lord will comfort Zion,He will comfort all her waste places;He will make her wilderness like Eden,And her desert like the garden of the Lord;Joy and gladness will be found in it,Thanksgiving and the voice of melody. –Is. 51:3 NKJV
- 9 Break forth into joy, sing together,You waste places of Jerusalem!For the Lord has comforted His people,He has redeemed Jerusalem.10 The Lord has made bare His holy armIn the eyes of all the nations;And all the ends of the earth shall see The salvation of our God. –Is. 52:9-10 NKJV
- 7 When I returned, there, along the bank of the river, were very many trees on one side and the other. 12 Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine.” –Ezk. 47:7, 12 NKJV
- And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. –Rev. 22:1-2 NKJV
- 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; –Eph. 4:11-13 NKJV
- 6 His branches shall spread;His beauty shall be like an olive tree,And his fragrance like Lebanon.7 Those who dwell under his shadow shall return;
They shall be revived like grain, And grow like a vine. Their scent shall be like the wine of Lebanon. –Hosea 14:6-7 NKJV
- 17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,And her people a joy.19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,Nor the voice of crying. –Is. 65:17-19 NKJV
- 10 Go through, Go through the gates! Prepare the way for the people; Build up, Build up the highway! Take out the stones, Lift up a banner for the peoples! 11 Indeed the Lord has proclaimed To the end of the world: “Say to the daughter of Zion, ‘Surely your salvation is coming; Behold, His reward is with Him, And His work before Him.’” 12 And they shall call them The Holy People, The Redeemed of the Lord; And you shall be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken. –Is. 62:10-12 NKJV
- 3 When the foundations are being destroyed,what can the righteous do?” –Ps. 11:3 NIV
- 5 They do not know, nor do they understand;They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are unstable. –Ps. 82:5 NKJV
- The Spirit of the LORD God has anointed me to Proclaim over you…
- You shall rebuild the old ruins and destroy the works of the evil one because greater is He who is in you than he who is in this world.
- You shall raise new cities out of the wreckage of addiction, crime, immorality, lawlessness, ungodliness, and abused and abandoned children and widows and restore the family and church.
- You shall have beautiful feet that bring Good News to the broken, lost, and lonely. You are a city not forsaken—for I am Alpha and Omega—I am the Author and Finisher of your brand new start and expected end!
- You will crush the head of the serpent with the weapons I gave you and your testimony of Me.
- You shall raise the foundations of every generation and be a repairer of the breach and cause the streets to be dwelt in again.
- You are to be called “oaks of righteousness” a planting of the LORD and I will be glorified in you as you glorify me as My glory covers the earth as the waters cover the seas.
- You shall be planted in the house of the Lord this year and you shall flourish in the courts of the LORD.
- You shall not whither in seasons of drought but you shall bear fruit in due season—you shall bear much fruit that My joy may be in you and your joy might be full and your fruit shall remain for 2018!
Philippians 1:20-30 NLT
For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. 21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. 23 I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live. 25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith. 26 And when I come to you again, you will have even more reason to take pride in Christ Jesus because of what he is doing through me.
27 Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing side by side with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News. 28 Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies. This will be a sign to them that they are going to be destroyed, but that you are going to be saved, even by God himself. 29 For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him. 30 We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it.
- DETERMINED: “…to LIVE AS CITIZENS OF HEAVEN” (Phil. 1:27)
to have your mind made up; to purpose in your heart beforehand; to set or establish in advance; to plant; to appoint; to reserve by scheduling; to put something somewhere.
- DEFINED: “Conduct yourselves in a manner WORTHY of the Good News…” (Phil. 1:27)
to state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning of; to explain, designate, or differentiate;
to expound or interpret.
- DEVOTED: “Standing side by side.” (Phil. 1:27)
very loving or loyal; faithful and true; steadfast and stable dedication; to be committed and constant
- DELIBERATE: “Fighting together for the faith” (Phil. 1:27)
done consciously and intentionally; something done with willful purpose; something that is consciously calculated; knowing by purposeful.
- DAUNTLESS: “Don’t be intimidated by any way by your enemies”.
showing fearlessness and determination; boldness in bravery; resolute in battle; intrepid; to face fear and overcome it with a conquering mentality
- DECISIVE: “We are in this struggle together” vs. 30
settling an issue; producing a definite result; a conclusive determination;
single minded, undivided, resoluteness
- DESTINED: “You know that I am still in the midst of it.” Phil. 1:30 NLT
(of a person’s future) developing as though according to a plan; something certain to meet; a place of intended end;
the place where one is headed or bound; a preordained point of arrival