25 Jan Online Prayer, I AM WHO I AM, Wednesday, January 24, 2018
I AM Changes Who I am
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”
And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord,
“who is and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
1 John 4:17 KJV
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment:
BECAUSE AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD.
God said His name is I AM WHO I AM. Bible scholars have grappled with the literal translation for centuries. Most agree its most simple form is “HE IS”. And expanded translation would be “I was what I was, I am what I am, I will be what I will be”. This is brought forward in Christ’s statement in Revelation 1:8. (Above)
What’s in a name? God is saying here, as the Almighty, that He possesses all knowledge, understanding, wisdom, and power grounded in truth and love. As Creator God, I AM was the mind and hands from which all creation was formed. As Redeemer God, I AM knows the value of each individual soul and paid the price to purchase each one back to His original purpose and ultimate intention from the foundations of the world. In other words, God is revealing His Sovereignty to exist as He is and possesses the ability to do whatever He said He would do!
When Jesus came as the Word made flesh He made several I AM statements in John’s Gospel. One, to the Pharisees’ query of His identity Jesus replied, “Before Abraham was I AM” (Jn. 8:58). The Godhead left no mistake as to who Jesus was and what He came to earth to do. Scripture puts emphasis on God’s process of being produces doing and not the other way around. God is operating more on the side of who we are becoming not as much as what we are doing. Herein is the reason Jesus said, “You will know them by their fruits”. The fruit is distinguished on whether a tree is good or bad at its root. Although we must also reference the “Law of Eventuality” here. Doing also sets a pattern of becoming because of reaping what was sown. This is true of earthen vessels in the natural. But we have a treasure in jars of clay that reveal a power not of us, but that which is supernatural. A sinner cannot be saved by doing good nor can a saint be perfected by fleshly efforts. “Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect in the flesh?” (Gal. 3:3)
All of us are becoming. What we will become is determined by whose blueprint, plans, and purpose we pursue daily. The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. By this time of the New Year most resolutions have fallen by the wayside. Yet, the largest room in the world remains the room for improvement. Everyone has something they need to change or need improving from good to better to best.
The Bible makes an amazing statement in 1 John 4:17…“as He is, so are we in this world”. This means we have the potential to become as Jesus is in heaven while we are here on earth. No doubt, this is impossible in man’s ability. But the One who self-identifies as I AM is who changes who I am as all things are possible to those who believe.
Our praying today unfolds five phases of how we can change to become who we were created and redeemed to be so we can do what we were created and called to do.
The Psalmist declared, “Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.” Moreover, Jesus said “your Father already knows that you have need…Ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door shall be opened to you.” (Mt. 6:32; 7:7) As we seek Him for the solutions to our resolutions we must become as He is. Jesus gave us His authorized signature, His legal guarantee of payment on all debts and deficiencies. “Whatever you shall ask in My Name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you shall ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 4:13-14)
The 5 Phases of I AM to change who I am and be as He is in this world:
- I am BORN of the SPIRIT
- I am BEGINNING with PURPOSE
- I am BUILDING on the ROCK
- I am BOUND to FAITH with PATIENCE
- I am BACKED by FAITHFULNESS
- I AM BORN of the SPIRIT
John 1:12-13 NKJV John 3:3
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name; Who were born, not of blood, nor the will of the flesh, not of the will of man, BUT OF GOD.
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a man be BORN AGAIN, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
General Direction: To understand the concept of spiritual birthing; that for a promise to occur and be sustained it will not be by man’s might nor power, but by God’s Spirit; that we can never earn any promise, just as we cannot earn salvation, but salvation is a free gift that we are to give faithful stewardship over; that experiencing help from God and experiencing the supernatural will always requires spiritual birthing and caretaking until it is fully grown and developed.
- 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. –Jn. 12:24 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. –Zech. 4:6 NKJV
- 30 He must increase, but I must decrease. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:30, 34 NKJV
- 17 A friend loves at all times,And a brother is born for adversity. –Pro. 17:17 NKJV
- 2 A time to be born, And a time to die; –Eccl. 3:2 NKJV
- 6 For unto us a Child is born,Unto us a Son is given;And the government will be upon His shoulder.And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. –Is. 9:6 NKJV
- 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. –Lk. 1:36 NKJV
- 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” –Jn. 3:3-8 NKJV
- 19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you… 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. –Gal. 4:19; 29 NKJV
- 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, –1 Pet. 1:23 NKJV
- 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. –1 Jn. 2:29 NKJV
- 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. –1 Jn. 3:9 NKJV
- 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. –1 Jn. 4:7 NKJV
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself,[a] and the wicked one does not touch him.–1 Jn. 5:1, 4, 18 NKJV
- 16 Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. –Jam. 5:16-18 NKJV
- 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
- 17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. –Jam. 4:15-17 NKJV
- 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; –Rom. 14:16 NKJV
- 18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple. 19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. –Rom. 16:18-19 NKJV
- 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:8-10 NKJV
- To understand the concept of spiritual birthing; that the Word became flesh not because of “blood” meaning, ethnic descent, or “will of the flesh” meaning physical birth because of human origin, or “the will of man” meaning it was totally supernatural thus the best laid plans of man could not reproduce what only God could.
- To comprehend that both salvation and obtaining any promise of God must first be birthed from Spirit of God, by the Word of God, in the will of God.
- To know that when God gave us the right to become the children of God born again from above he freely gives us all things promised in His Word not based on who we are, where we come from, or our record of performance—but through “grace through faith”
- To accept that the totality of salvation is receiving by believing then providing faithful stewardship of the trust given us, as did Joseph and Mary; continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. (Phil. 2:12)
- To spiritually receive by faith and mentally accept that Jesus is who God said He was and is and that He can do what He said He would do.
- To conceive that miracles are birthed in prayer and prayer is their caretaker until their fullness. (See Gal. 4:19)
- To know that somethings must fall into the ground and die in order to be born anew and emerge in a resurrected form.
- To avoid spiritual abortions, stillborns, and premature infant death through doubt, unbelief, disobedience, or losing heart.
- I AM BEGINNING with PURPOSE
Proverbs 19:21 NIV
Many are the plans in a man’s heart,
BUT IT IS THE LORD’S PURPOSE THAT PREVAILS.
Philippians 2:13 NIV
For it is God who works in you to will and
to act ACCORDING TO HIS GOOD PURPOSE.
General Direction: To seek the Creator concerning your purpose, not creation; to understand that each individual is responsible to discover, develop, and deploy their Spirit-given gifts; to know the difference between man’s plans and God’s purpose.
- 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?—Gal. 3:3 NKJV
- 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. –Rom. 8:28-29 NKJV
- 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), –Rom. 9:11 NKJV
- To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts… –Eccl. 3:1, 11 NKJV
- 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. –1 Jn. 3:8 NKJV
- 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. –Phil. 2:12-13 NIV
- 24 The Lord of hosts has sworn, saying,“Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass,And as I have purposed, so it shall stand: 26 This is the purpose that is purposed against the whole earth,And this is the hand that is stretched out over all the nations.27 For the Lord of hosts has purposed,And who will annul it?His hand is stretched out,And who will turn it back?” –Is. 14:24, 26-27 NKJV
- 7 For the Egyptians shall help in vain and to no purpose. –Is. 30:7 NKJV
- 11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.Indeed I have spoken it;I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it; I will also do it. –Is. 46:11 NKJV
- 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; –Jer. 29:11-14a
- 29 And the land will tremble and sorrow;For every purpose of the Lord shall be performed against Babylon,To make the land of Babylon a desolation without inhabitant. –Jer. 51:29 NKJV
- 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now[a] send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ –Acts 26:15-18 NKJV
- 17 Was I fickle when I intended to do this? Or do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say both “Yes, yes” and “No, no”? –2 Cor. 1:17 NKJV
- 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,–Eph. 1:11 NKJV
- 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, –Eph. 3:10-11 NKJV
- 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, –2 Tim. 1:9 NKJV
- 10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, –2 Tim. 3:10 NKJV
- 8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. –Dan. 1:8 NKJV
- 22 Without counsel, plans go awry,But in the multitude of counselors they are established. –Pro. 15:22 NKJV
- 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. –2 Cor. 9:7 NKJV
- 13 For You formed my inward parts;You covered me in my mother’s womb.14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works,And that my soul knows very well. –Ps. 139:13-14 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. –Heb. 4:12 NIV
- 16 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument.17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. –Heb. 6:16-17 NIV
- 11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever,The plans of His heart to all generations. –Ps. 33:11 NKJV
- 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:It will not return to me empty,but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. –Is. 55:10-11 NIV
- To not begin with the best laid plans of men but begin with God’s purpose and calling.
- To rediscover God’s identity for each individual and the blueprint for their divine purpose and time in history.
- To study to show ourselves approved to God in rightly dividing the Word of truth is to God’s plans and purpose.
- To discover, develop, and deploy our unique signature of callings, giftings, skills, and anointings.
- To know the difference between man’s awards and achievements and God’s rewards and fulfillment of plans and purpose.
- To determine in our hearts not to defile ourselves with the love of the things of this world but love of God and keeping His commands.
- To realize the key to our fulfillment, contentment, and fullness of joy is to know God’s plans and purpose and be found with much fruit and that our fruit remains.
- I AM BUILDING on the ROCK
Isaiah 28:9-10, 16 NKJV
“Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.”
16 Therefore thus says the Lord God:
“Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,
A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
Whoever believes will not act hastily.
Matthew 7:24-25 NKJV
24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who BUILT his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, FOR IT WAS FOUNDED ON THE ROCK.
General Direction: To build bridges and secure foundations to the future by hearing and doing God’s word block by block; to discern which bridges to burn and which bridges to build; to know that God is watching over His Word to perform it and that His Word is binding for bridging and building and is forever settled in heaven and will fulfill His purposes on earth.
- 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” –Est. 4:14 NKJV
- 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. –2 Pet. 1:3-4 NKJV
- 20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. –2 Cor. 1:20 NKJV
- 56 “Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses. –2 Kgs 8:56 NKJV
- 42 For He remembered His holy promise,And Abraham His servant. –Ps. 105:42 NKJV
- 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.” –Lk. 24:49 NKJV
- 4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,”He said, “you have heard from Me; –Acts 1:4 NKJV
- 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”–Acts 2:33, 38-39 NKJV
- 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. –Gal. 3:3, 13-14 NKJV
- 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, –Eph. 1:13 NKJV
- 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. –Heb. 10:35-36 NIV
- 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. –Heb. 10:23 NIV
- 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise. –Heb. 11:11 NIV
- 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[a] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. –2 Pet. 3:4, 9 NKJV
- 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. –2 Pet. 3:13 NKJV
- 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life. –1 Jn. 2:25 NKJV
- 38 They shall be My people, and I will be their God; 39 then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. 40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. 41 Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.’42 “For thus says the Lord: ‘Just as I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them. –Jer. 32:38-42 NKJV
- To build forward on God’s promises knowing they provide everything needed that pertains to life and godliness.
- To burn some bridges of the past and not burn other bridges before we come to them that we will need to crossover.
- To be confident knowing, not one word of God’s promise has ever failed, nor returned to Him empty before fulfilling its purpose.
- To learn patience and strategies in building bridges to the future and that God’s preparations, foundations, and executions requires line upon line; precept upon precept, here a little, there a little in each time and season of purpose and calling.
- To experience the favor and stronghold of security in God because we hear and do His Word and have BUILT UPON THE FOUNDATION OF THE ROCK.
- I AM BOUND to FAITH WITH PATIENCE
Hebrews 6:12 NKJV 10:35-36
Do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through FAITH and PATIENCE inherit the promises.
Do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 FOR YOU HAVE NEED OF PATIENCE, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
Matthew 18:18 NKJV
…whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven.
General Direction: To allow patience to work on our behalf knowing that God’s timing, plans, ideas, and purpose are always good; that waiting renews our strength; that being bound to God’s Word and character we have confidence that we will eventually receive what he has promised in due time; to bind ourselves to what is bound in heaven.
- 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. –Eccl. 3:11 NIV
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. –Heb. 11:1, 6 NKJV
- 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. –Heb. 12:2 NKJV
- 19 By your patience possess your souls. –Lk. 21:19 NKJV
- Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. –Rom. 5:1-5 NKJV
- 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. –Rom. 8:25 NKJV
- 4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. 5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, –Rom. 15:4-5 NKJV
- 11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. –1 Tim. 6:11 NKJV
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. –Rom. 12:1-2 NKJV
- 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; –Jms. 1:3-7 NKJV
- 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. –2 Pet. 1:4-9 NKJV
- 12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. –Rev. 14:12 NKJV
- 22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.”And the woman was made well from that hour. 29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.” –Mt. 9:22, 29 NKJV
- 28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.”And her daughter was healed from that very hour. –Mt. 15:28 NKJV
- 20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;[a]for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. –Mt. 17:20 NKJV
- 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. –Lk. 15:5 NKJV
- Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man.3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’” 6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”—Mt. 18:1-8 NKJV
- 13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. –1 Cor. 16:13 NKJV
- 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. –2 Cor. 5:7 NKJV
- …The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. –Gal. 5:6 NIV
- 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. – 6:7-9 NIV
- 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.–1 Tim 6:12 NKJV
- 38 Now thejust shall live by faith;But if anyone draws back,My soul has no pleasure in him.’ –Heb. 10:38 NKJV
- 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? –Jam. 2:17, 20 NKJV
- 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. –1 Pet. 5:8-9 NKJV
- 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our] faith. –1 Jn. 5:4 NKJV
- 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, –Jude 20 NKJV
- 31 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” –Lk. 22:31-32 NKJV
- 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Mt. 16:19 NKJV
- 18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. –Mt. 18:18 NKJV
- 7 Wisdom is the principal thing;Therefore get wisdom.And in all your getting, get understanding. –Pro. 4:7 NKJV
- 20 My son, keep your father’s command,And do not forsake the law of your mother.21 Bind them continually upon your heart;Tie them around your neck.22 When you roam, they[a] will lead you; When you sleep, they will keep you; And when you awake, they will speak with you. 23 For the commandment is a lamp, And the law a light; Reproofs of instruction are the way of life, –Pro. 6:20-23 NKJV
- 3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;Bind them around your neck,Write them on the tablet of your heart, –Pro. 3:3 NKJV
- 2 Keep my commands and live,And my law as the apple of your eye.3 Bind them on your fingers;Write them on the tablet of your heart. –Pro. 7:2-3 NKJV
- 29 Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. –Mt. 12:29 NKJV
- 31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength;They shall mount up with wings like eagles,They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. –Is. 40:31 NKJV
- To let patience have her perfect work in us as she is the womb where waiting produces promises.
- To bind ourselves to God’s word and will and allow endurance to work on our behalf knowing we will eventually receive that God has promised.
- To combine faith with perseverance, in that, even though an answer to prayer or a promise seems to bear long, God is faithfully working on our behalf because we have bound ourselves to His commands and will.
- To keep the faith and trust in the Lord with all our heart, leaning not to our own understanding, but what are the times of God’s choosing in any matter.
- To realize that sometimes patience becomes a weapon that causes the enemy and evil to reveal itself.
- To understand that in waiting our strength is renewed and patience is proving our character.
- I AM BACKED by FAITHFULNESS
Psalm 23:6 KJV
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Isaiah 30:21 NKJV
Your ears shall hear a word BEHIND YOU, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
Isaiah 58:8 NLT
Then your salvation will come like the dawn,
and your wounds will quickly heal.
Your godliness will lead you forward,
and the GLORY OF THE LORD WILL PROTECT YOU FROM BEHIND.
General Direction: To know that God is God and does not change and that His faithfulness will always go before us and come behind us; because He is holy and wholly good not one word of His promises will ever fail; that we can live at peace and in confidence knowing God has always been faithful will always be faithful.
- 9 “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;–Deut. 7:9 NKJV
- 86 All Your commandments are faithful;They persecute me wrongfully;Help me! –Ps. 119:86 NKJV
- 45 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? –Mt. 24:454 NKJV
- 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ –Mt. 25:21 NKJV
- 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. –1 Cor. 1:9 NKJV
- 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. –1 Cor. 4:2 NKJV
- 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. –1 Cor. 10:13 NKJV
- 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. – 1 Thes. 5:24 NKJV
- 3 But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. –2 Thes. 3:3 NKJV
- 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.—Heb. 10:23 NKJV
- 11 By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised. –Heb. 11:11 NKJV
- 19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.—1 Peter 4:19 NKJV
- 11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. –Rev. 19:11 NKJV
- 5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”—Rev. 21:5 NKJV
- 23 They are new every morning;Great is Your faithfulness. –Lam. 3:23 NKJV
- 75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right,And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. 90 Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
You established the earth, and it abides. –Ps. 119:75, 90 NKJV
- 2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,And Your faithfulness every night, –Ps. 92:2 NKJV
- I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever;With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.2 For I have said, “Mercy shall be built up forever;Your faithfulness You shall establish in the very heavens.” 8 O Lord God of hosts,Who is mighty like You, O Lord?Your faithfulness also surrounds You. 24 “But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him,And in My name his horn shall be exalted. 33 Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him,Nor allow My faithfulness to fail. –Ps. 89:1-2, 8, 24, 33 NKJV
- 5 Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. –Ps. 36:5 NKJV
- 27 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.” –Mk. 10:27 NKJV
- 26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” –Mt. 19:26 NKJV
- 27 But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” –Lk. 18:27 NKJV
- 21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,“This is the way, walk in it,”Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left. –Is. 30:21 NKJV
- 8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,and your healing will quickly appear;then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. –Is. 58:8 NIV
- 19 And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them. –Ex. 14:19 NKJV
- To understand that God directs us forward with dreams, visions, and promises but gives instructions from behind. (See Is. 30:21)
- To live in confidence and peace knowing that God is faithful to His promises.
- To realize that when the enemy mocks us, tempts, and tries to put fear on us that God has our back.
- To comprehend that past redemption is the best predictor of future grace. (Pro. 3:5-6)
- To proclaim God’s goodness every day and His faithfulness at night.
- To realize that because God is holy, true, and good, He is not a man that He would lie, and not one word of His promises will ever fail us.
- To labor in love to be as faithful to God as He is to us.