10 Jan Online Prayer, CONSECRATE YOURSELVES, Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Joshua 3:5 NKJV
And Joshua said to the people, SANCTIFY YOURSELVES,
for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.
God said, I know the thoughts I think towards you…(Jer. 29:11 KJV) You are on God’s mind! He processed you through His thinking before the foundations of the world and concluded to make you whole and holy to give you plans for a hope and future. We have the ability, created in the image and likeness of God, to envision the future and plan ahead. However, Solomon’s sage proverb says, Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails (Pro. 19:21). Because God is willing and waiting to do wonders we must consecrate ourselves and prepare the way for His entrance.
2018 marks the beginning of a New Year and new world. You and I will either change or be changed this year. This is the season where New Year’s resolutions are made for upgrades, improvements, and changing towards that which is best good. However, only about 18% of the average resolutions made will be kept by year’s end. Joyce Meyer once said, “So many people try so hard to change but fail over and over. The problem is that they are attempting to change without God. Not until we have Him as our help will we change.” Jesus said, without Me you can do nothing (Jn. 15:5). But Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Our endeavor today is to understand the psychology of change from a Biblical perspective to “consecrate ourselves” before the LORD to prepare the way for Him to work wondrously among us! If insanity is doing the same thing while expecting different results, then fanaticism is re-doubling our efforts when we’ve lost our aim. In sanctifying ourselves we must move beyond denial, excuses, and procrastination. It’s our world! The world we want will not come by accident!
Successful, sustained change is not random nor does it occur around irrational thinking or indiscriminate decisions. To consecrate ourselves today we will have to bring an end to something’s before new things can start. We will have to embrace a new way of re-thinking towards transformation. We will have to discover a Spirit-led resolve to be who we can be and do what we are called to do. With men these things seem impossible but with God all things are possible to those who believe!
A great quarterback knows how to throw a receiver open in his intended route. A greater receiver does not run to where the ball is but where the ball will be. Someone said, “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. What you decide today determines your future tomorrow.” God is working to throw us open if we are willing to run to where the trajectory of His intended target is for us.
As God’s chosen people we need not live beneath our rights and privileges as His very own. Neither should we just exist in a helpless estate where change is needed but never experienced. Isaiah 48:17, I am the LORD your God who teaches you to profit and leads you by aiming you in the way you should go. (Exegesis Literal Translation)
Dr. John Maxwell offers a “pentagon of change” for our consumption. In order for change to be sustained I must realize:
- I NEED to change – not until I recognize the need will I change.
- I READ to change – not until I study to show myself approved can I understand needed changes.
- I FEED to change – Not until I nurture and foster needed change will it actually occur over time.
- I HEED to change – not until I learn patient endurance will I overcome obstacles.
- I LEAD to change – when I learn to lead others to change my change is likely sustained for a lifetime leaving a legacy to change by.
Everyone knows the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Moreover, change is not change until it is change! Our praying is to take hold of that which has taken hold of us from heaven above and eternity beyond. We will use some excerpts from Psychologist Dr. Henry Cloud’s writings and others combined with voluminous supplies of Scripture in five vital areas of consecrating ourselves before the LORD:
- BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
- YOU CANNNOT BEGIN UNTIL YOU END
- YOU CAN NEVER BEGIN WHERE YOU NEVER CHOOSE TO START
- YOU NEED TO THINK FOR A CHANGE
- CHOOSE ONE: HOPE DEFERRED or FUTURE PREFERRED?
Lastly, Jesus said whatever you ask in My name I will do it that the Father be glorified in the Son. (John 14:13) The name of the Lord is a strong tower and the righteous run into it and are safe. (Pro. 18:10) And our help is in the name of the LORD (Ps. 124:8) Today, we seek to consecrate ourselves through the power of faith, the promises of Scripture, and the power of God’s names. Amen.
- BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
Ecclesiastes 7:8 KJV
Better is the end of a thing than its beginning.
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the LORD,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, TO GIVE YOU AN EXPECTED END.
Acts 15:18 NIV
Known to God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
General Direction: To apprehend today by understanding the expected end planned for me by the Creator/Redeemer; to fulfill God’s purpose and calling by envisioning the future that could be arrived at by faith, patience, and obedience.
Definition: ex•pect•ed; something desired in advanced anticipation; the apprehension of a planned future; Hebrew literally renders it a cord or line, i.e. “Rahab’s cord”; infers a line of thinking or a cord of agreement of a cause and effected expectation.
Name: ALPHA and OMEGA Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Quote: “You will never possess that which you are not willing to pursue.” –Dr. Mike Murdock
- 5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. 8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah 11 God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God. 12 Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy; For You render to each one according to his work. –Ps. 62:5-6, 8, 11-12 NKJV
- 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, –Eph. 1:4 NKJV
- 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. –Rev. 13:8 NKJV
- 27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it— 29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple. –Lk. 14: 27-33 NKJV
- 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. –Jn. 4:34 NKJV
- 12 except Caleb the son of Jephunneh, the Kenizzite, and Joshua the son of Nun, for they have wholly followed the Lord.’ –Num. 32:12 NKJV
- 7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ –Phil. 3:7-8 NKJV
- 23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. –1 Thes. 5:23 NKJV
- 9 Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?” 10 The speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. 11 Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice, 12 behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you. 13 And I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days. 14 So if you walk in My ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days.” –1 Kgs. 3:9-14 NKJV
- 24 Then the king said to Araunah, “No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God with that which costs me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver. –2 Sm. 24:24 NKJV
- 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees;[a] for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Sam. 16:7 NKJV
- 22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’ 36 “Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed. –Acts 13:22, 35 NIV
- 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”[a] 17 Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. –1 Pet. 1:5-9; 13-17; 20-25 NIV
- 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. –1 Pet. 3:15-16 NIV
- 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives…14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. –2 Pet.3:11, 14 NIV
- 21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. –Pro. 18:21 NIV
- 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.—Phil. 4:12 NIV
- To take of that which has taken hold of me (Phil. 4:12).
- To think like God thinks in beginning with the end in mind. Setting the goal then working the way back to where to start and when.
- To obtain God’s plan, council, and vision of one’s gifts and calling in alignment with their future reward and destined design.
- To align our expectations in the line of Creator God’s thinking, in accord with God’s Word and will.
- To realize that God has redeemed my past, fills my present, and has secured my future with His promises.
- To comprehend that Jesus is my Alpha and Omega and as Author and Finisher I must set my plans and progress where He begins and ends.
- To be a man/woman after God’s own heart to serve God’s purpose for this generation.
- YOU CANNOT BEGIN UNTIL YOU END
2 Corinthians 7:10 NKJV
For godly sorrow WORKS REPENTANCE FOR SALVATION and has no regret;
but worldly sorrow leads to death.
Luke 3:8-9; 13:3 NIV
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance…The ax is already at the root of the trees,
and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
Unless you repent, you too will all perish.
Psalm 138:8 Amp., NASB, NIV
The LORD will perfect, accomplish, that which concerns me and fulfill his purpose for me…
General Direction: To understand that for some good things to start some bad things must have a necessary ending and that Jehovah-M’KADDESH will sanctify those who consecrate themselves and He will perfect and accomplish that which concerns them and fulfill their purpose in life.
Definition: re•pent•ance: to change; to decide in reverse; to complete a 180⁰ turn around in thinking and attitude; an about-face of belief and behavior; the sense of completion or end of failure; to set in motion towards transformation within.
Name: JEHOVAH – M’KADDESH (Lev. 20:7-8) 7 Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am the Lord your God. 8 And you shall keep My statutes, and perform them: I am the Lord who sanctifies you.
Quote: “Every good beginning starts with a necessary ending.” –Dr. Henry Cloud
- 22 But Jesus said to him, “Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.” –Mt. 8:22 NKJV
- 11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. –2 Cor. 13:11 NKJV
- 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? –Gal. 3:3 NKJV
- 15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. –Phil. 3:15 NKJV
- 2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; –Col. 4:2 NKJV
- 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. –2 Tim. 1:7 NKJV
- 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. –Heb. 5:14 NKJV
- 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. –Heb. 10:14 NKJV
- 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, –Heb. 12:23 NKJV
- 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you[a]what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. –Heb. 13:21 NKJV
- Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God…–Heb. 6:1 NKJV
- 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. –1 Jn. 2:5 NKJV
- 12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him[a] because He first loved us. –1 Jn. 4:12, 17-19 NKJV
- 9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” –2 Chron. 16:9 NKJV
- 17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven andbefore you, 19 and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.”’ 20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, hi s father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry. –Lk. 15:17-20, 34 NKJV
- 30 As for God, His way is perfect;The word of the Lord is proven;He is a shield to all who trust in Him. 32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect. – Ps. 18:30, 32 NKJV
- 10 But may[a] the God of all grace, who called us[b] to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. –1 Pet. 5:10 NKJV
- 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man’s voice restrained the madness of the prophet. 17 These are wells without water, clouds[a] carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,”[a] and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” –2 Pet. 2:2, 9, 14-17, 19-20, 22 NKJV
- 3 You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You. –Is. 26:3 NKJV
- 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.–Jam. 1:4, 17 NKJV
- 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. –Jam. 3:2 NKJV
- 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. –Rev. 3:2 NKJV
- 2 For He says:“In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. –2 Cor. 6:2 NKJV
- 14 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” –Jsh. 24:14-15 NKJV
- To understand that a fresh new start often begins with a final ending exit from one thing to another.
- To walk and live in resurrection power we must stop walking and living in the old dead self and live the crucified life.
- To recognize that Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith in Him we live and move and have our beings and He has secured my arrival at the end from the beginning.
- To embrace the definition of true repentance and forsaking that which is sinful, bad, and idolatrous and pursing that which is righteous, good, and true worship in the beauty of holiness.
- To know that when we consecrate ourselves before Jehovah-M’KADDESH, He will sanctify us.
- To be confident that He will perfect and accomplish what concerns us and fulfill my purpose.
- YOU CAN NEVER BEGIN WHERE YOU NEVER CHOOSE TO START
He who BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU will bring it forth to completion against that day…
Luke 9:23 NKJV
If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS DAILY and follow Me.
2 Corinthians 6:2 NKJV
For He says; “In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you.
Behold, NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME, and NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION!
General Direction: To pray into choosing into the direction of a desired end; to stop feeling our way to acting and start acting our way towards a desired feeling; to realize that I AM has given us today as the accepted time of His favor to begin and finish what we allow Him to start to finish.
Definition: be•gan: to do the first act of a things; to enter into or commence; to begat or have begotten; to trace a thing from first fruits; to lay the foundation; the first priority of place and use; the radux or origin of a cause and effect or sowing and reaping.
Name: I AM THAT I AM (Exodus 3:14; 20:2; Rev. 1:8) I AM THAT I AM…I AM the LORD thy God…I am the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Quote: “You can always pick up where you left off, but you can never begin where you never chose to start.” –Dr. Henry Cloud
- 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. –Rom. 8:28-29 NKJV
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. –Gen 1:1 NKJV
- 25 Of old You laid the foundation of the earth,And the heavens are the work of Your hands. –Ps. 102:25 NKJV
- 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.His praise endures forever.—Ps. 111:10 NKJV
- 7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,But fools despise wisdom and instruction. –Pro. 1:7 NKJV
- 10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.—Pro. 9:10 NKJV
- 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? –Gal. 3:3 NKJV
- 12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,”lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:“Today, if you will hear His voice,Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” –Heb. 3:12-15 NKJV
- 14 The Lord is my strength and song,And He has become my salvation. 19 Open to me the gates of righteousness;I will go through them,And I will praise the Lord. 23 This was the Lord’s doing;It is marvelous in our eyes.24 This is the day the Lord has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it. —Ps. 118:14, 19, 23-24 NKJV
- 22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,Because His compassions fail not.23 They are new every morning;Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lordis my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him.
26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord. 27 It is good for a man to bear The yoke in his youth. –Lam. 3:22-27 NKJV
- 20 “Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. –Ex. 23:20 NKJV
- 8 And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them. –Ex. 25:8 NKJV
- 10 For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us]. –Eph. 2:10 AMP.
- 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. –Mt. 6:33 NKJV
- 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. –Rev. 2:4 NKJV
- 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. –Rev. 3:2-5 NKJV
- That the journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
- That you cannot finish what you’ve never started.
- That we must take hold of that which has taken hold of us from the beginning.
- That NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME OF FAVOR, TODAY OBEY when you hear His voice.
- That the first works and first fruits begins TO DAILY deny ourselves and take up our cross and follow the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls.
- That you cannot win if you we are not in and that the inflow of a harvest depends on that which was begotten—the seed committed of the planting season.
- That we possess the confidence to begin because He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion—accomplish what concerns you and fulfill your purpose.
- That we set the pattern of first love and first priority in seeking God’s kingdom and righteousness beforehand to experience all the other things added to us.
- YOU NEED TO THINK FOR A CHANGE
Proverbs 23:7 NIV
As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
Romans 12:2 Phillips Translation
Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould.
BUT LET GOD RE-MAKE YOU so that your WHOLE ATTITUDE OF MIND IS CHANGED.
General Direction: To know that life-change revolves around transformed thinking from a renewed mind; that salvation is instant by faith but transformation is a daily occurrence based on our baptized imaginations and filtered thought process; that the mind must master loving God and conquering the enemy at the battlefield of the mind.
Definition: trans•form•ed Romans 12:2 meta morpheōo: to transform or transfigure; metamorphosis; to change into another form; meta-change; morphe= form; to undergo complete change by the power of God’s remaking.
Name: AUTHOR and FINISHER of your faith (Heb. 12:2) …looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Quote: “You are not necessarily what you think you are—but what you think you are.” Unknown
- 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. –Eph. 4:23-24 NKJV
- If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, –Col. 3:1-3, 10 NKJV
- 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, –Phil. 2:5 NKJV
- 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. –Phil. 4:8-9 NKJV
- 17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of[a] the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: –Eph. 4:17-21 NKJV
- 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit[a] is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, –Eph. 5:6-11, 15-18 NKJV
- 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools… 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; –Rom. 1:20-22, 25, 28 NKJV
- You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You. –Is. 26:3 NKJV
- 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” –Mt. 22:37-40 NKJV
- 30 He must increase, but I must decrease. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. –Jn. 3:30; 34 NKJV
- 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which[a] is Christ in you, the hope of glory. –Col. 1:27 NKJV
- 4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. –1 Jn. 4:4 NKJV
- 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. –1 Cor. 15:10 NKJV
- 2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, –2 Pet. 1:2 NKJV
- 31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.–Jn. 8:31-32, 36 NKJV
- 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. –Jn. 14:6 NKJV
- 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. –2 Cor. 10:3-6 NKJV
- 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity[a] that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it! –2 Cor. 11:3-4 NKJV
- 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. –2 Cor. 5:17 NKJV
- 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lordthat he may instruct Him?”[a] But we have the mind of Christ. –1 Cor. 2:15-16 NKJV
- 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. –Jn. 14:26 NKJV
- 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. –Jn. 16:13 NKJV
- To understand that sustained change is determined by thinking for a change.
- To realize the power of the brain and our thoughts and as we think we become the sum total of our thinking.
- To comprehend that, not until we set our mind on God and eternal principles, will our old habits change and desired behavior is shaped by a new attitude of mind.
- To accept that we can deceive ourselves by suppression of denying the truth and sabotage any progress by stinkin’ thinkin’!
- To know that we serve the God of all truth and when the Son sets us free we shall be free indeed.
- To discern that the mould of the mind will be set by the world around us or the heaven above our choosing.
- To love God with ALL OUR MIND by renewing it to the mind of Christ.
- CHOOSE ONE: HOPE DEFERRED or FUTURE PREFERRED?
Proverbs 13:12 NKJV
HOPE deferred makes the heart sick, But when DESIRE comes, IT IS A TREE OF LIFE.
Proverbs 29:18 NKJV
Without a vision, people perish.
Romans 15:13 NKJV
Now may the GOD OF HOPE fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that you may ABOUND IN HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.
General Direction: That destiny is not where we intend to be but where we actually arrive by setting our hope in the God of hope and becoming what we behold in the Spirit-mirror from one degree to another; to trust God for the end and not lean to our understanding, but know Him and make Him known and He will direct our paths in future grace.
Definition: hope: expectation; patient anticipation; to cause or create expectancy on something promised; to wait in confident trust for a believed outcome; the cause and effect of a logical sequence of reaping what was sown; a desire fulfilled becoming a tree of life to those whose hope in in the God of all hope.
Name: GOD OF HOPE, Blessed Anchor of Hope (Rom. 15:13; Heb. 6:17-20 NKJV; Titus 2:13-14 NIV) Thus God, delivering…that by two unchangeable things, in which iti is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge TO LAY HOLD OF THIS HOPE SET BEFORE US. THIS HOPE we have as AN ANCHOR OF THE SOUL, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, to have forerunners has entered for us, even Jesus…
Quote: “Past redemption is the best predictor of future grace.” –John Piper
- 7 “For there is hope for a tree,If it is cut down, that it will sprout again,And that its tender shoots will not cease. –Job 14:7 NKJV
- 5 Thus says the Lord:“Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength,Whose heart departs from the Lord.6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,And shall not see when good comes,But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,In a salt land which is not inhabited.7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,And whose hope is the Lord.8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,Which spreads out its roots by the river,And will not fear[a] when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. –Jer. 17:5-8 NKJV
- 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:11-14 NIV
- 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. –2 Cor. 3:18 NKJV
- 24 Be of good courage,And He shall strengthen your heart,All you who hope in the Lord. –Ps. 31:24 NKJV
- 5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?And why are you disquieted within me?Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. –Ps. 42:5 NKJV
- 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding[a] being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, –Eph. 1:17-18 NKJV
- 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. –1 Jn. 3:3 NKJV
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.–Heb. 11:1, 6 NKJV
- 28 The hope of the righteous will be gladness,But the expectation of the wicked will perish. –Pro. 10:28 NKJV
- 7 When a wicked man dies, his expectation will perish,And the hope of the unjust perishes.8 The righteous is delivered from trouble,And it comes to the wicked instead.—Pro. 11:7-8 NKJV
- 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding;6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He shall direct[a] your paths. –Pro. 3:5-6 NKJV
- 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which[a] is Christ in you, the hope of glory.—Col. 1:27 NKJV
- 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.Because you have rejected knowledge,I also will reject you from being priest for Me;Because you have forgotten the law of your God,I also will forget your children. –Hos. 4:6 NKJV
- To realize that the absence of hope is the absence of God’s presence and the hopeless place that defines hell itself.
- To understand that HOPE is believing in what was promised! FAITH is accepting what is expected and TRUST is assurance based on the One who promised.
- To press into the God of Hope and to allow Jesus to be the hope that anchors our soul in security.
- To know that Christ in us is the Hope of Glory and as we believe His Word and trust His nature we will overflow and abound in hope and holy expectation.
- To trust God with all our heart, not lean to our own understanding, but know Him and make Him known and He will direct our paths ahead in future grace.
- To embrace hope through faith with patience knowing God cannot lie and is faithful to His promise.
- To understand life-change happens as we behold what we become in the mirror from one degree to another by the Spirit.