25 Oct Online Prayer, REFORMATION NATION, Wednesday, October 25, 2017
(Five Characteristics From the Reformation To ADVANCE)
Jeremiah 1:9, 12 NASB
“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.”
“See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To pluck up and to break down, To destroy and to overthrow, To build and to plant.”
…Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it.”
On October 31st, 1517 Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the Wittenberg church door. What is not widely known is that it was an event of unintended consequences. Luther was an unassuming and unlikely candidate to be an agent of change especially of the magnitude of the Reformation/Protestant Movement. Not only was he considered to be a common ordinary Monk and theological student, Luther’s intention was to begin a debate, not birth a movement. He believed in needed reform within the Catholic Church but never imagined a revolution that would transcend walls religious, education, social, government, and generational.
He posted his theses on what was commonly known as the community bulletin board where the public placed advertisements and announcements—yes, the church door. Moreover, he penned the 95 proposals or statements to be forwarded as a premise of discussion. He wrote in Latin, which the common man could not read, and known only by the intellectual elites of the church, therefore limiting his challenges.
Nonetheless, we learn that this reluctant revolutionary found that God often has plans for us we hadn’t planned for ourselves in ways we had not foreseen unfolding. What we do glean from Luther is that God searches for men and women who are willing vessels to be used beyond their own limitations beyond their levels of understanding. Although he was resistant to assume the place of a history maker at first, Luther later embraced his place that had chosen him and thus realized he was appointed to the kingdom for such a time as this. As the movement expanded and extended the man also increased and formed the character necessary to sustain it as a steward of an act of God entrusted to him.
It was evident that Luther was painfully imperfect as a man. Likewise, later in his writings he detoured into theological error regarding the Jewish people and Israel. Nevertheless, this provides proof positive that God choses to use flawed individuals in their unfinished state. God does not look for the faultless but the faithful! 2 Chronicles 16:9 KJV, For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro through the whole earth, to shew himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is perfect towards him. The Hebrew word for “perfect” is sālēm translated loyal, faithful, complete, wholehearted, or committed. This means God is not searching for a man who is flawless in his execution of choosing or whose theology is as pure as the wind driven snow. Rather for the man whose heart is after His –perfect towards Him. Herein is a heart intentional and blameless towards God, no sin is left unconfessed, no attitude unrepented of, and short accounts kept as he walks with God.
We likewise learn from Luther’s day that the church had grown to falsely re-present Christ. They taught “indulgences” (paying monies for sins and sinners who died in their sins) and perverting grace through faith by teaching works in saying prayers and partaking the Eucharist. They also literally chained the Bible to the church pillars denying access of the common man therefore only the priests could read and interpret them.
Because the church’s candle grew dim her influence on society waned resulting in mass immorality, unbridled passions, rampant rebellion, and authorities becoming absolutely corrupt. Truth also became a casualty of consequence. Those responsible to transmit truth to following generations went from bad to worse, deceived and being deceived. The foundations of marriage and family had eroded to the point of almost total disintegration due to the saturated absence of salt and light. History is repeating itself! When we view into the mirror of the 1517 Reformation we see the reflection of a 2017 Reformation redux.
Observing the Reformation transport from their time to ours, its unfolding, influence, and impact becomes established history. We learn some characteristics that emerged as a result to the realities taking place. Here are five characteristics of the Reformation for us to consider and pray into:
- The Just Shall Live By His Faith
- The Forgiven Shall Live By the Law of the Spirit
- The Righteous Shall Live As Bold As A Lion
- The Holy Scriptures Are the Word of God
- The Message Is the Mandate of God
- THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH
Habakkuk 2:4 NKJV
Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; BUT THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH.
Romans 1:16-17 NKJV
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is THE POWER OF GOD TO SALVATION FOR EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”
General Direction: To have a 21st Century revolution of Biblical Faith and that no one is justified by rituals, ceremonies, traditions, or self-motivated performance; believing into the finished work of the cross and that we– “live by the faith of the Son of God”— that will bear fruit in our believing and behaving as we abide in the Vine.
- 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. –Gal. 2:20 NKJV
- 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. –Eph. 2:8-10 NKJV
- 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. –Jn. 15:8, 16 NKJV
- 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” –Acts 4:12 NKJV
- 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” –Acts 15:11 NKJV
- 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. –Rom. 3:20, 24, 26 NKJV
- Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. –Rom. 5:1-2, 12, 20-21 NKJV
- 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish buthave eternal life. –Jn.3:15 NKJV
- 6 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. –Jn. 3:36 NKJV
- 24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. –Jn. 5:24 NKJV
- 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. –Jn. 11:25 NKJV
- 46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. –Jn. 12:46 NKJV
- 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. –Jn. 20:31 NKJV
- 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. –Rom. 10:9-10 NKJV
- 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. –1 Jn. 5:11-13 NKJV
- 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? –1 Jn. 5:4-5 NKJV
- 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. –Rev. 20:15 NKJV
- 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.–Jam. 2:14, 17-20, 23, 26 NKJV
- 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. –Rom. 11:6 NKJV
- 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. –Titus 2:11-14 NIV
- 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. –Titus 3:7 NIV
- For a fresh revelation of the “finished” work of the cross and for the religious to cease from assuming that their rituals, ceremonies, traditions, and will-driven performances can earn salvation and thus diminish the glory of the cross.
- For believers to understand the exchange of “the just shall live by faith “ in putting off the old nature and putting on the new, to bear fruit in keeping with repentance, living the crucified life that the resurrection power can take hold of the one who took hold of the Risen Christ.
- For the church to repent of teaching salvation through forming unequal yokes with false religions and cults or any others means i.e. by ecumenical movements that claim there are many roads to heaven, alternative ways to be saved.
- For churches to have a reformation of religious intolerance that embraces those who are like them in race, tradition, or legalistic teaching while rejecting and ostracizing those who are not. (ex. KKK, Black Liberation, Westwood Baptist at Veteran’s Funerals)
- For people to have an understanding that “faith without works is dead” and that those who truly believe will bear the fruit of faith and the Spirit in them.
- For people to realize that believing unto salvation is not just a one-time prayer but a belief that blends into behavior and through believing we live by the faith that the Son of God.
- For a fresh revelation of the security of faith’s foundation and that one need not “get saved every Sunday.”
- For God’s people to grasp that faith has a voice and that our faith will speak life to the saints and truth to the sinners as a witness of the presence of faith in us.
- THE FORGIVEN SHALL LIVE BY THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT
Romans 8:1-2 NKJV
There is therefore NOW no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh,
BUT ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT. 2 FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS HAS MADE ME FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH.
Galatians 5:25 NKJV
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
General Direction: To possess an open revelation of grace and forgiveness and that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ does not give a license to sin and compromise with this world, but frees us from the law and sin and death and liberates us to live in the will of God and pursue holiness and peace with God and men.
- 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? –Gal. 3:3 NKJV
- Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. –Gal. 5:1, 13-16, 18 NKJV
- 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.–Rom. 8:13-16 NKJV
- 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. –Rom. 8:11 NKJV
- 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. –1 Cor. 15:57-58 NKJV
- 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. –1 Cor. 1:8 NKJV
- And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. –1 Cor. 2:1-5 NKJV
- 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. –1 Cor. 3:6 NKJV
- 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. –2 Cor. 3:17-18 NKJV
- 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. –2 Cor. 4:7, 18 NKJV
- 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. –Jn. 6:63 NKJV
- 6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts. –Zech. 4:6 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts 1:8 NKJV
- 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. –2 Tim. 1:7 NKJV
- 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. –Ps. 51:11 NKJV
- 2 The Spirit of the Lordshall rest upon Him,The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,The Spirit of counsel and might,The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. –Is. 11:2 NKJV
- “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,My Elect One in whom My soul delights!I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles. –Is. 42:1 NKJV
- “The Spirit of the Lord Godis upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; –Is. 61:1 NKJV
- 7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.–Jn. 14:7, 26 NKJV
- 26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning. –Jn. 15:26-27 NKJV
- 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. –Jn. 16:7-15 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Acts 10:38 NKJV
- 2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” –Acts 13:2 NKJV
- 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. –1 Jn. 4:6 NKJV
- To understand that the only life that counts is the life lived by the Spirit and the only preaching that profits are words spoken by the Spirit.
- To have revelation that as sons/daughters of God, we are never driven, but led by the Spirit of adoption and our acceptance and belonging is secured by the Holy Spirit of promise.
- To realize that the Christian life is not dependent upon religious activities, rules, and rituals, but on the empowerment of grace through faith.
- To operate by Biblical truth relative to salvation and that forgivingness is free when the believer repents and confesses their sins—not based on saying prescribed prayers and receiving the Eucharist.
- To understand that those who are in Christ are no longer under condemnation of the law but under the covering of the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
- To operate as God’s chosen children, not in fear or shame, but we have been given the spirit of love, and power, and of sound minds.
- To comprehend that as Spirit-filled believers we are called not only to “walk in the Spirit” (keep pace with Holy Spirit’s workings) but we are to “live in the Spirit” (abide in the Vine of Sonship where the life-giving flow of the Spirit can access the roots of our obedience).
- To live by the law of the Spirit in manifesting: (Is. 11:2-3)
- The Spirit of the LORD
- The Spirit of wisdom and understanding.
- The Spirit of counsel and might.
- The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
- To make us alive in understanding in the fear of the LORD.
- To appropriate Biblical grace and forgiveness, not by insulting the Spirit of grace or grieving Him with sin, rebellion, or compromise, but by grace we have been freed from sin and bondage and freed for the relentless pursuit of the Father’s will and perfecting of holiness in the fear of the Lord through obedience as sons and daughters.
- To use freedom, not as a cover-up for sin, but to do the will of God.
- To stand in resistance to wicked rule and pray for the righteous to take the seats of authority and rule in righteousness according to the laws of God.
- THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL LIVE AS BOLD AS A LION
Proverbs 28:1 NKJV
The righteous are as bold as a lion.
1 John 4:17 KJV
Here in is our love made perfect,
THAT WE MAY HAVE BOLDNESS IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT BECAUSE AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD.
General Direction: That God’s chosen children understand that we can stand before Him in confidence because of Christ’s sacrifice giving us mercy and grace; that because of grace we can boldly go into the beachheads of battle and frontiers of expansion and proclaim the Gospel of Christ and His kingdom with the demonstration of Holy Spirit’s power.
- 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. –1 Jn. 4:18-19 NIV
- 14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. –Heb. 4:14-16 NKJV
- 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; –Phil. 1:6 NKJV
- 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” –Josh. 1:5, 8-9 NKJV
- 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— –Eph. 6:10-18 NKJV
- 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. –Ps. 23:5 NKJV
- 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” 6 Then said I: “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” 7 But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth, For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8 Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. 10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.” –Jer. 1:5-10 NKJV
- …the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. –Matt. 11:12 NIV
- 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness. –Acts 4:29-31 NKJV
- 13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. –Acts 4:13 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Acts 10:38 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts 1:8 NKJV
- 16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers?
Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? –Ps. 94:16 NKJV
- 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.–2 Cor. 10:4-5 NIV
- 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. –2Tim. 1:7 NKJV
- 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. –Rom. 1:16 NKJV
- That we have boldness and confidence to approaching the throne of grace because Jesus, our Great High Priest and Lamb of God, has offered Himself as an everlasting atonement for guilt, shame, and sin for us.
- That we have assurance of obtaining mercy and finding grace to help us because of Jesus, full of grace and truth, finishing His work on the cross and rose from the dead.
- To rise up against “same sex marriage” and establish Biblical marriage and family.
- That we possess boldness in the face of our enemies knowing our shepherd prepares a table before us and that Jesus made public spectacle of Satan at the cross and triumphed over him putting him under our feet; that we have the Armor of Light to protect us.
- That we boldly stand against a wicked generation in standing for the right to life over abortion, and against the taking of innocent life in crime, euthanasia, or assisted suicide.
- That we be bold as lions against the perversion of masculine and feminine genders and that Creator God makes them male and female; that we have compassion and give counsel to those confused about their identity and gender and offering the deliverance and restoration in Christ.
- That we boldly go into the highways and byways and be salt and light where there is generational-poverty, racism, fatherless children, abuse, and mistreatment.
- That we boldly go against the gates of hell and into the dark places of lost humanity and there proclaim the Good News to the poor in spirit and bring healing for the brokenhearted and beauty for ashes.
- That we realize that because we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, that God is in us and for us, and that as Jesus is in this world, so are we.
- That we forcefully and boldly advance the kingdom of heaven at every level, every phase, and every sphere of society.
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURES ARE THE WORD OF GOD
2 Timothy 3:14-17
(Complete Jewish Bible)
14 But you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, recalling the people from whom
you learned it; 15 and recalling too how from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which can give you the
wisdom that leads to deliverance through trusting in Yeshua the Messiah. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed
and is valuable for teaching the truth, convicting of sin, correcting faults and training in right living;
17 thus anyone who belongs to God may be fully equipped for every good work.
General Direction: That the Bible be accepted and practiced as the only original and authoritative words of God and that believers plant and water for God’s increase and be stewards of seeing the word of God’s influence and impact every level of society and every age-stage of the generations.
- 2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, –Acts. 17:2 NKJV
- 20 So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed. –Acts 19:20 NKJV
- 7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.10 More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. –Ps. 19:7-10 NKJV
- 6 The words of the Lordare pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times. –Ps. 12:6 NKJV
- 9 How can a young man cleanse his way?By taking heed according to Your word. 10 With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. –Ps. 119:9-11 NKJV
- 33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, And I shall keep it to the end. 34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart. 35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it. –119:33-35 NKJV
- 89 Forever, O Lord,Your word is settled in heaven. 97 Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me. 99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. 130 The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the 133 Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me. 165 Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. –Ps. 119:89,97-99, 105, 130, 133, 165 NKJV
- 4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’” –Mt. 4:4 NKJV
- 11 Give us this day our daily bread. –Mt. 6:11 NKJV
- 24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” –Mt. 7:24-27 NKJV
- 8 The grass withers, the flower fades,But the word of our God stands forever.” –Is. 40:8 NKJV
- 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. 10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, 11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. –Is. 55:8-11 NKJV
- 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. –Mt. 5:18 NKJV
- 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. –Mt. 24:35 NKJV
- 25 But the word of the Lordendures forever.” Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you. –1Pet. 1:25 NKJV
- 16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. –Jer. 15:16 NKJV
- 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, –1 Pet. 2:2 NKJV
- 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. –2 Pet. 1:20-21 NKJV
- 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. –Col. 3:16 NKJV
- 23 For the commandment is a lamp, And the law a light; Reproofs of instruction are the way of life, –Pro. 6:23 NKJV
- 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; –Eph. 6:17 NKJV
- 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. –Heb. 4:12 NKJV
- The Holy Scriptures are God-breathed/inspired and the authoritative Word of God.
- The Word of God is alive and divides asunder soul and spirit, joints and morrow, and discerns our thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- The Word of God runs swiftly into the earth and the church is to cause the Word of God to increase and prevail in the communities, cities, and nations.
- The Word of God is the only standard by which all men will be judged therefore we must only judge things based on the Word of God.
- The Holy Scriptures are able to make us wise unto salvation when they are implanted in good, noble soil of the heart and mind of believers, thus fully equip us for every good work.
- The Word of the Lord never returns to Him empty but accomplishes what He sent them forth to do on earth; heaven and earth will pass away but God’s Word will forever remain.
- The Word of Christ must rule in our hearts and reign in our hands as we use the Sword of the Spirit in warfare.
- The Word of God must penetrate and infiltrate every aspect of community and governance via education, economies, courtrooms, medicine, and ministries.
- That the Word of God be the only thing we build our lives on individually, domestically, ministry, and nationally as a people.
- Revival of the Bible across America and the nations!
- Pray for Foster Care Families and for a surge in adoption and for spiritual adoption of the fatherless.
- THE MESSAGE IS THE MANDATE OF GOD
Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 24:14 NKJV
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
General Direction: For the church to possess the heart of God in seeking to save that which was lost by being compelled by love and compassion into the highways and byways of lost humanity; having a vision of the harvest and the lack of laborers, while giving stewardship of the kingdom advancement into every echelon of society.
- 2 Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. –Lk. 10:2 NKJV
- 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,Because He has anointed MeTo preach the gospel to the poor;He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; — Lk. 4:18 NKJV
- 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. –Jn. 3:16 NKJV
- 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. –2 Cor. 5:14, 20 NKJV
- 16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! –1 Cor. 9:16 NKJV
- 19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” –Mt. 4:19 NKJV
- 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! –Jn. 4:34-35 NKJV
- 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. –Acts. 10:38 NKJV
- 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. –Jn. 17:18 NKJV
- 21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” –Jn.20:21 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts. 1:8 NKJV
- …the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. – 11:12 NIV
- 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” 19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. –Mk. 16:15-20 NKJV
- 19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. –Jam. 5:19-20 NKJV
- 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. –Jude 21-23 NKJV
- 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. –2 Tim. 4:5 NKJV
- 30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise. –Pro.11:30 NKJV
- 15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, –1 Pet. 3:15 NIV
- The church again to be endued with power from on high to seek and save the lost.
- The church to have vision to the fields of harvest and that the laborers are few and to have the heart of God compelled to go into the valleys of decision and preach the Gospel and make disciples.
- The church will learn not to keep silent, but to proclaim the Good News from the rooftops and make salvation known to the ends of the earth to let our light shine before men.
- The church to have a sense of responsibility and holy duty to bear witness for Christ and carry out His commission as ambassadors to the crossroads of relationships and every intersection of those searching for salvation and truth.
- The church to rightly divide the Word of Truth and be prepared to answer those who ask us the reason for the hope we have.
- The church to supply faithful stewardship of the Message of Christ and allow the mandate of the message to move us with compassion for the lost, lonely, and broken.
- The church to be the message in our beliefs and behavior as open books known and read of all men.
- The church to be the conscience to an ignorant, apathetic, and immoral nation and to forcefully advance kingdom come—and kingdom rule in Arts & Entertainment, Businesses, Education, Family, Government, Media, Churches, and ministries representing the name of Christ.