23 Aug R3 Online Prayer, PRESSING ON, Taking Hold of What Took Hold of Us, Wed. Aug. 23, 2017
Philippians 3:12-14 NIV
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I PRESS ON TO TAKE HOLD OF THAT FOR WHICH CHRIST JESUS TOOK HOLD OF ME. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to HAVE TAKEN HOLD OF IT. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I PRESS ON TOWARD THE GOAL TO WIN THE PRIZE for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
If we could stand from the other side of eternity we would see ourselves as we are seen. Having heaven’s perspective on the race we run and what it means to “press on” can revolutionize our concept of “running in such a way as to get the prize”. The Bible says, “Draw near to God and He will draw to you.” (Jam. 4:6) Repeatedly, the Scriptures make reference to “being found” as opposed to finding ourselves. Long before we were looking God already saw. Of David God said, “the LORD has sought for Himself a man after His own heart…for the LORD sees not as man sees: for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD LOOKS ON THE HEART.” (1 Sam. 13:14; 16:7) Moreover, God has made everything beautiful IN HIS TIME. HE has also SET ETERNITY IN THE HEARTS OF MEN (Eccl. 4:11 NIV). The Eternal One is not time bound. In fact the Ancient of Days takes eternity and places it in the heart of time. As everlasting beings, time does not happen to men, men happen to time. Time passes while eternity is in us.
Future is history to God. All time is history in prophecy. Acts 15:18 “Known to God are all His works from the beginning of the world.” God exists in the present-future which is why He is an “ever-present help” to us. “Past redemption is the best forecaster of future grace.” –John Piper Proverbs 3:6 …and He shall direct thy paths. Which indicates He is along the path we take waiting to direct us ahead.
To press on to the things heavenward means to take hold of what has taken hold of us. We choose to be chosen; we seek to be found; we elect to be elected. We live in the “present-future”. Author Reggie McNeal writes: The present makes clear sense in light of the future. We humans write history looking at the past. God writes history ahead of time. He never forecasts. God always back casts. He began with the end in mind. The future is always incipient of the present. Before the foundation of the world, the Lamb was slain. Calvary was anticipated in God’s kiss of life to Adam. The cross gains dimension silhouetted against the empty tomb. The empty tomb confirmed the invasion of the future to the present.
We are called to occupy the present with our eyes on eternity within us and our hearts set on heaven above us. Jesus is the embodiment of One who was conscious of eternal things. From the first step He took as a child born unto us He walked an eternal path as the Son given. God has placed promises as incentives to those who daily press on to run the race appointed to them, fight the good fight, and finish the race marked out for them for a crown laid up.
Today we are praying to PRESS ON into: Heaven’s HEART, Heaven’s HEAD, Heaven’s HANDS, Heaven’s HOLINESS, and Heaven’s HARVESTS. We will follow Paul’s instructions to press towards, not the temporal fleeting things of this world, but the everlasting rewards of world to come. We will press into these five spiritual commodities that are the heavenly currency for eternal exchange. Here is where we learn that “obedience fulfilled” is the stock exchange of giving to receive; losing to gain; dying to live; becoming servants to be leaders; humbling ourselves to be exalted. Alas, our Redeemer is ahead of us working His way back. He draws near to us when we draw near to Him. He gives us hope and a future with an expected end! It’s time to press on towards the One pressing towards us!
Press on (epekteinomai)
To follow after; to press hard towards; to push with diligence and passionate pursuit;
to lean forward and stretch towards the finish; leaving nothing behind in reserve;
spending it all following hard forward; to run in the direction of a voice heard calling
- PRESSING ON: To Take Hold of HEAVEN’S HEART
Acts 13:22, 36 NIV
‘I have found David son of Jesse, A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART;
he will do everything I want him to do.’
Now when David had SERVED GOD’S PURPOSE IN HIS OWN GENERATION, he fell asleep;
Psalm 89:20-21 NKJV
I have found My servant David;
With My holy oil I have anointed him,
With whom My hand shall be established;
Also My arm shall strengthen him.
Main Point: To press towards having a heart after God’s own heart and being found full of good fruits and good works due to perfected love in learned obedience.
- 37 Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” –Mt. 22:37-40 NKJV
- 12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good? –Deut. 10:12-13 NKJV
- 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” –Is. 6:8 NKJV
- 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. –Jn. 3:16 NKJV
- 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. –2 Jn. 6 NKJV
- Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? 1 Jn. 3:1-3, 16-17 NKJV
- 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. –1 Jn. 4:7-8 NKJV
- Blessed are the pure in heart,For they shall see God. –Mt. 5:8 NKJV
- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. –Mt. 6:21 NKJV
- For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I shouldheal them.’ –Mt. 13:15 NKJV
- ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. –Mt. 15:8 NKJV
- 32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?” –Lk. 24:32 NKJV
- 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. 23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. –Jn. 16:22-24 NKJV
- 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. –2 Cor. 9:7 NKJV
- He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. –Ps. 24:4 NKJV
- Teach me Your way, O Lord;I will walk in Your truth;Unite my heart to fear Your name. –Ps. 86:11 NKJV
- To press in to possess a heart that is after God’s own heart.
- To contend against self-idolatry and diligently pursue true worship in Spirit and in Truth.
- To press on towards loving God with ALL OUR HEARTS.
- To take hold of loving God by living His commandments and doing those things that are pleasing in His sight.
- To flush our hearts of selfish entitlement, gratification, and carnal-consumption upon our desires and appetites and have a pure heart—a heart that follows heard after God.
- To be watchful that our words match the worship of our God—that our walk matches our love for God.
- To press in to take hold of loving what God loves and hating what He hates.
- To guard our hearts from becoming cold in love and calloused in giving—for out of our hearts flow the issues of life.
- To possess a united heart of loving respect and reverential trust to God.
- To take hold of what took hold of us in possessing a generous heart—He gives seed to sowers—His grace is able to abound towards us so that in all things at all times having everything we need we will be able to freely give and we have freely received.
- PRESSING ON: To Take Hold of HEAVEN’S HEAD
Colossians 1:16-18 NKJV
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And HE IS THE HEAD OF THE BODY, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Ephesians 4:15 NKJV
…but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things INTO HIM WHO IS THE HEAD—CHRIST—
Main Point: To crown Jesus with many crowns by decreeing and declaring who He is and what He has done and to take hold of His mind and rein as those appointed by Him to be kings and priests to our God.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. –Jn. 1:1-4, 10-14 NKJV
- 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. –Eph. 1:21-23 NKJV
- …and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,–Eph. 2:6 NKJV
- 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. –Eph. 3:17-19 NKJV
- 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. –Eph. 4:15-16 NKJV
- 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. –Col. 2:9-10 NKJV
- 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. –1 Tim. 1:17 NKJV
- 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. –Eph. 3:20-21 NKJV
- 24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty,Dominion and power, Both now and forever. –Jude 24-25 NKJV
- “You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power;For You created all things,And by Your will they exist and were created.” –Rev. 4:11 NKJV
- 8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll,And to open its seals;For You were slain,And have redeemed us to God by Your bloodOut of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,10 And have made us kings and priests to our God;And we shall reign on the earth.” –Rev. 5:8-10 NKJV
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. –2 Cor. 1:20 NKJV
- …whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. –2 Cor. 4:4 NKJV
- For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; –2 Cor. 5:14 NKJV
- 7 “I will declare the decree:The Lordhas said to Me,‘You are My Son,Today I have begotten You.8 Ask of Me, and I will give YouThe nations for Your inheritance,And the ends of the earth for Your possession.9 You shall break them with a rod of iron;You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’”10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings;Be instructed, you judges of the earth.11 Serve the Lord with fear,And rejoice with trembling.12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,And you perish in the way,When His wrath is kindled but a little.Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him. –PS. 2:7-12 NKJV
- Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. –Is. 7:14 NKJV
- 6 For unto us a Child is born,Unto us a Son is given;And the government will be upon His shoulder.And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever.The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. –Is. 9:6-7 NKJV
- 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.—1 Cor. 15:24-28 NKJV
- For “who has known the mind of the Lordthat he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. –1 Cor. 2:16 NKJV
- And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. –Rom. 12:2 NKJV
- 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. –Eph. 4:23-24 NKJV
- To understand that Christ is the beginning of creation, the Lamb that was slain before the foundations of the World and that we give Him priority, preeminence, and the highest place.
- To decree and declare He is Lord of all and He is the Head of all things in the church.
- To stand in the victory that Jesus conquered death, hell, and the grave.
- To receive that He is the Son of God, Son of man—who as a child was born—and a Son was given and the government is upon His shoulders and of the increase of His government there shall be no end.
- To decree and declare that He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Lord who reigns and He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can think.
- To realize that He alone is worthy, His is the kingdom, the power, the glory and that all things were created to please Him.
- To abide in the confidence that as Emmanuel, He has crushed the serpents’ head and has made a public spectacle of him triumphing over him at the cross.
- To know that through Jesus Christ we have redemption through His blood the forgiveness of all our sins—and by His stripes we are healed of all our diseases.
- To proclaim Him as Lord of all things in heaven and earth.
- To believe and receive that we have the mind of Christ—we must take hold of His way of thinking.
- To be transformed by the renewing of our minds; to put on the new mind and attitude.
- To have Him as the Head of the Church so we could have a good head on our shoulders—because He has offered us an expected end, He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He who began a good work will bring it to completion—He is able to keep us from falling and present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. Now unto the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
- PRESSING ON: To Take Hold of HEAVEN’S HANDS
And the HAND OF THE LORD was with them:
and a great number believed, and turned to the Lord.
Main Point: To seek to do things that will cause the hand of God’s favor to rest upon us; for us to put our hands to the plough of His kingdom and work with all our might; to keep our hands clean and our works full of good fruit and good works.
- “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. –Lk. 15:22 NKJV
- 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. –Jn. 10:28-29 NKJV
- 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going. –Eccl. 9:10 NKJV
- 15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous;The right hand of the Lord does valiantly. 16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted; The right hand of the Lord does valiantly. –Psalm 118:15-16 NKJV
- 109 My life is continually in my hand, Yet I do not forget Your law. 173 Let Your hand become my help, For I have chosen Your precepts. –Ps. 119:109, 173 NKJV
- The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;Do not forsake the works of Your hands. –Ps. 138:8 NKJV
- 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. –1Chron. 4:10 NKJV
- 2 So the Lordsaid to him, “What is that in your hand?” He said, “A rod.” –Ex. 4:2 NKJV
- 2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,And strengthen you out of Zion;3 May He remember all your offerings,And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah 4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,And fulfill all your purpose.5 We will rejoice in your salvation,And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.6 Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed;He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand. –Ps. 20:2-6 NKJV
- 30 As for God, His way is perfect;The word of the Lord is proven;He is a shield to all who trust in Him.31 For who is God, except the Lord?And who is a rock, except our God?32 It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. 33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places. 34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. –Ps. 18:30-34 NKJV
- 12 With a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm, For His mercy endures forever; –Ps. 136:12 NKJV
- 6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,And a two-edged sword in their hand,–Ps. 149:6 NKJV
- The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes. –Pro. 21:1 NKJV
- 12 The Syrians before and the Philistines behind;And they shall devour Israel with an open mouth.For all this His anger is not turned away,But His hand is stretched out still. –Is. 9:12 NKJV
- 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” –Acts 4:28-30 NKJV
- For the hand of the LORD’S favor to be with us to bless the work of His hands.
- For the hand of God’s provision and power to be stretched forth to demonstrate His power in signs, wonders, and miracles for Christ’s sake.
- For the right hand of the LORD to do valiantly among us and be exalted above us.
- For God not to forsake the work of His hands because we have put our hands to the plough of His kingdom work and will not stop until He take us away.
- For us to work with all our might with whatever He has placed in our hands.
- For us to have the confidence and security that nothing can ever pluck us from His hand.
- For us to have a tool to work in one hand and a weapon to fight in the other.
- For us to allow the Might Warrior to train our hands for war and our arms strong enough to break a bow of steel.
- For His strong hand to guide us and teach our hands to match the work of His hands.
- For You to guide our leaders like a water course because their hearts are in Your hands. (Pro. 21:1)
- PRESSING ON: To Take Hold of HEAVEN’S HOLINESS
1 Peter 1:15-16 NKJV
…but as He who called you is HOLY, you also be HOLY in all your conduct,
because it is written, “Be HOLY, for I am HOLY.”
2 Corinthians 7:1 NKJV
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,
PERFECTING HOLINESS IN THE FEAR OF GOD.
Main Point: To be holy as I AM is holy; to perfect holiness in the fear of the Lord by loving His Commandments, hating what is evil, and always doing those things we ask pleasing in His sight; for us to be made WHOLE and HOLY in perfected love through learned obedience.
- In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!” –Is. 6:1-3 NKJV
- 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. –Mt. 18:3 NKJV
- Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, –Eph. 1:1-3
- “But the Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him.” –Hab. 2:20 NKJV
- “You shall also make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet: HOLINESS TO THE LORD. –Ex. 28:36 NKJV
- 29 Give to the Lord the glory due His name;Bring an offering, and come before Him.Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! –1 Chron. 16:29 NKJV
- 2 Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name;Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. –Ps. 29:2 NKJV
- 7 God has spoken in His holiness:“I will rejoice;I will divide Shechem And measure out the Valley of Succoth.” –Ps. 108:7 NKJV
- 15 Look down from heaven,And see from Your habitation, holy and glorious. Where are Your zeal and Your strength, The yearning of Your heart and Your mercies toward me? Are they restrained? –Is. 63:15 NKJV
- …and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. –Rom. 1:4 NKJV
- Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:–Heb. 12:14 NKJV
- …and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. –Eph. 4:24 NKJV
- And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. –1 Jn. 3:3 NKJV
- 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?Or who may stand in His holy place?4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive blessing from the Lord, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. 6 This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah –Ps. 24:3-6 NKJV
- 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. 13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You. –Ps. 51:6, 10-13 NKJV
- 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. –Ps. 139:23-24 NKJV
- 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. –Ps. 19:14 NKJV
- 7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit. –1 Thes. 4:7-8
- 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, –2 Pet. 3:11 NKJV
- For us to obtain the righteousness of God by faith in Christ and for us to contain the holiness of God through obeying the truth and allowing Holy Spirit to work holiness into us.
- For us to receive the exclusive promises to God’s children who separate themselves from the darkness, demonic, and defiling behavior of flesh and spirit.
- For us to perfect holiness in the fear of the Lord by loving His commands, hating all evil, and doing those things which are pleasing in His sight.
- For us to labor in grace to change and become as little children—and be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
- For us to daily wash our hands and cleanse out hearts and receive a new heart and a willing spirit to sustain us as we pursue peace and holiness.
- For us to be made whole and holy in perfected love by learned obedience.
- For us to be constantly aware of the days of evil we live in and that we are called to be “holy”—separated from sin to God, and called to be “godly” –separated to God in devotion.
- For us to have the signet of the High Priest in our heart: HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD.
- For us to learn to worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- For us to be holy as I AM is holy and because of the house of His habitation is where the ground that is holy on which we stand in His presence.
- PRESSING ON: To Take Hold of HEAVEN’S HARVEST
Proverbs 11:30 NKJV
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who wins souls is wise.
Galatians 6:7, 9 KJV
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Main Point: For us to press on towards storing treasures up in heaven; to master the Law of the Harvest in sowing and reaping; and to freely give as we have freely received in winning souls and advancing the kingdom of heaven on earth.
- 19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. –Mt. 6:19-21 NKJV
- 6 You enlarged my path under me, So my feet did not slip. –Ps. 18:36
- 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! –Jn. 4: 34-35 NKJV
- Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. –Jam. 3:18 NIV
- 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.—Jam. 5:20 NIV
- 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. –1 Cor. 3:7 NKJV
- 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. –2 Pet. 3:9 NKJV
- 2 Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” Lk. 10:2 NKJV
- …and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;–Eph. 6:15 NKJV
- 7 How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” –Is. 52:7 NKJV
- 2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes. 3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited. –Is. 54:2-3 NKJV
- This is what the Lord says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ –Jer. 6:16 NKJV
- 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. –1 Chron. 4:10 NKJV
- 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” –Acts 1:8 NKJV
- 8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession. –Ps. 2:8 NKJV
- 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. –Mk. 4:19 NKJV
- 6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written: “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.” 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. –2 Cor. 9:6-10 NIV
- 11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables…13 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? –Mk. 4: 11, 13 NKJV
- 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. –Jsh. 1:3 NKJV
- 18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” –Lk, 10:18-20 NKJV
- 20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. –Rom. 16:20 NKJV
- For us to set our hearts on heavenly harvests not on earthly wastes.
- For us to learn the fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and we who wins souls is wise.
- For us to understand the Parable of the Sower and that sowing and reaping is the Law of the Harvest in EVERYTHING WE DO or DO NOT DO.
- For us have enter into the harvest of heaven by engaging the process of laboring for souls in planting seeds, watering plants, and reaping harvests.
- For us to prepare our feet for battle to stand strong in the Lord and the power of His might.
- For us to have beautiful feet that bring good news to the lost and broken.
- For us to allow the Word to be a lamp to our feet and a light to our path—to light the path of life in front of us to follow the good way. (PS. 119:105; 16:11)
- For God to order our steps in His Word to guide us to the way and works of His will.
- For God enlarge our steps and expand and extend our footprint of influence to saints and sinners.
- For us to walk in the authority and power granted us; to possess the land which the soles of our feet tread; to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and to crush the head of the serpent; we rejoice that our names are inscribed in the Book of Life!