31 Aug Online Prayer, YOU HAVE NEED OF ENDURANCE After this…continue to pursue., Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017
Hebrews 10:35-36 NKJV
Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. FOR YOU HAVE NEED OF ENDURANCE,
so that after you have done the will of God, YOU MAY RECEIVE THE PROMISE.
True champions of the faith are those who innately possessed an overcoming-more-than-a-conqueror mindset. Those who win the prize are those who know the value of going above and beyond, learning that the extraordinary exists on the extra mile. You’ll never possess that which you fail to pursue. The only difference between one who succeeded and one who failed is one of them decided to get up one more time!
We are pressing into what God has done in the last twenty-one days, as well as, the Word of the Lord spoken into the House during this time. It is an “after this” transition! It is continuing in the things we learned, received, and heard and pursing the promises “until they come to pass”.
Runners often talk what “hitting a wall” in a marathon. Fatigue sets in, energy is depleted, and the body is screaming to stop—give up! But then there is what is called a “second wind”. It is difficult to explain. It is not the same for every runner. Suddenly, new strength and energy emerges, the mind clears and becomes resolute. The “second wind” carries the runner across the finish line. This is what we are straining through grace for in “the week after”. It’s not a time to let down, go back, or give up! It is a time to continue to pursue the expectations we have and the promises we’ve been given.
This is a season of harvest! It is a time of reminding ourselves that if you want things you’ve never received before you must begin to do things you’ve never done before. 1 Samuel 30:6 And David encouraged himself in the LORD. To transcend to the other side of possessing the land of promise we must master the skill of encouraging ourselves in the Lord. We must learn how to think right, how to talk right, and how to walk right in the direction we have been believing into.
Hebrews 10:35-36 speaks of the great reward of obtaining proven confidence with God. Yet this passage says you can have done the will of God meaning you have done everything you thought you should have and done everything you thought you could do. And yet, the answer waits—the promise tarries. The counsel of the Lord is you lack one more thing “You have need of endurance”. You need to persevere after that you’ve done the will of God you’ll receive what He’s promised.
Today, we are moving forward in the “after this…” zone until we arrive at the “And it came to pass” destiny because we continued in PRAYER, HIS WORD, HIS GOODNESS, HIS PURSUIT, and IN WHAT WE’VE LEARNED in this season. It’s time to transcend!
- CONTINUE IN PRAYER
Colossians 4:2 KJV
CONTINUE IN PRAYER, and watch in the same with thanksgiving.
Luke 18:1 NKJV
Then He spoke a parable to them, that men ALWAYS OUGHT TO PRAY AND NOT LOSE HEART.
General Direction: To make prayer and continuing in it as the daily discipline where we cast our cares on Him, set our hope on Him, and learn to listen to His instructions and commands.
- Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. –Lk. 6:12 NKJV
- But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more. – Ps. 71:14 NKJV
- Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. – Heb. 13:15 NKJV
- but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” –Acts 6:4 NKJV
- rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; — Rom. 12:12 NKJV
- Now she who is really a widow, and left alone, trusts in God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day. –1 Tim. 5:5 NKJV
- 7 “Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.8 For everyone who keeps on asking receives, and he who keeps on seeking finds, and to him who keeps on knocking, it will be opened. 11 If you then, evil (sinful by nature) as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give what is good and advantageous to those who keep on asking Him. – Mt. 7:7-8, 11 Amp.
- These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers. –Acts 1:14 NKJV
- To watch and pray, for the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
- To establish conversations with God as the daily discipline of casting our cares on Him and learning to listen to His voice.
- To develop a sensitivity to hearing what He says and seeing what He is doing.
- To use prayer and continuing in patient waiting with thanksgiving as both the proof of dependency and the place where we reset our trust and hope.
- To learn from the parable of Jesus that we should always pray and learn to be persistent in prayer.
- To experience the goodness of God and His faithfulness in our prayer, petitions, and supplications knowing He always hears us and answers.
- To know that, not to talk to God, is presumption in decision-making and us sinning against Him. (1 Sam 12:23-24)
- CONTINUE IN MY WORD
John 8:31 KJV
IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then you are My disciples indeed.
James 1:25 NKJV
But he who looks in the perfect law of liberty, AND CONTINUES IN IT
and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
Hebrews 3: 14-15; 10:37 NKJV
For we are made partakers of Christ, IF WE HOLD THE BEGINNING OF OUR CONFIDENCE STEADFAST TO THE END.
While it is said, Today if you hear his voice harden not your hearts…
Forget a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them THAT BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL.
General Direction: To continue in God’s word by reading, mediating, and studying to show ourselves approved to God; to continue to look into His Word and allow His Word to look into us; to daily use His Word as a mirror, map, and owner’s manual, and as the building blocks to build our lives, families, and ministries on.
- Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me. – Ps. 40:11 NKJV
- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. –2 Tim. 2:15 NKJV
- 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. – Rom. 13: 7-8 NKJV
- 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance…– Lk. 3:8 NKJV
- The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. –Phil 4:9 NKJV
- Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time, saying… —Jonah 3:1 NKJV
- For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. – 4:12 NKJV
- To continue in His written word by reading, meditating, and study to show ourselves approved to God rightly dividing the word of truth.
- To continue in listening to Holy Spirit’s voice and following His explicit instructions.
- To continue to look into the word so the word can look into me and reveal what is in continuity to Christ’s conformity and where I need to change.
- To continue in His word that I can experience being transformed by the renewing of my mind.
- To continue searching the Scripture with a heart to hide them in and a mindset to do them.
- To continue to practice and mastery of use of hearing His word and using it to build our house as master builders.
- To continue to be careful not to create a seared conscience or hardened heart by knowing His word and yet not continuing in what it says by doing it.
- To continue to bear the fruits of repentance and experience that in knowing the Truth relationally we are set free by the Truth.
- CONTINUE IN MY LOVE and GOODNESS
John 15:9 KJV
As the Father both loved me, so have I loved you; CONTINUE YE IN MY LOVE.
Jude 21 Wuest
With watchful care keep yourselves in the sphere of God’s love…
Romans 11:11 NKJV
Therefore consider the goodness and severity, but toward you goodness, IF YOU CONTINUE IN HIS GOODNESS.
General Point: To pray into understanding that God’s goodness is the ground of our expectations and it is His goodness that leads us to repentance and that all things are working together for our good because God is good and does good.
- Keep me as the apple of Your eye;Hide me under the shadow of Your wings…- Ps. 17:8 NKJV
- The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.– Jer. 31:3 NKJV
- For You meet him with the blessings of goodness;You set a crown of pure gold upon his head. – Ps. 21:3 NKJV
- Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! – Ps. 34:8 NKJV
- Why do you boast in evil, O mighty man?The goodness of God endures continually. – Ps. 52:1 NKJV
- You are good, and do good;Teach me Your statutes. – Ps. 119:68 NKJV
- There is a way that seems right to a man,But its end is the way of death. – Pro. 14:12 NKJV
- I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. – Ps. 27:13 NKJV
- Most men will proclaim each his own goodness,But who can find a faithful man? – Pro. 20:6 NKJV
- For the Lord God is a sun and shield;The Lord will give grace and glory;No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. – Ps. 84:11 NKJV
- For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. –Rom. 11:36
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;And I will dwell in the house of the Lord –Ps. 23:6 NKJV
- Our earthly fathers trained us for a few brief years, doing the best for us that they knew how, but God’s correction is always right and for our best good, that we may share his holiness. – Heb. 12:10 TLB
- Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men! Ps. 31:19 NKJV
- To learn to continue in God’s goodness knowing that all things are working together for my good.
- To keep myself in the sphere of God’s love by obeying His commands and hating the things that He hates and loving the things He loves.
- To stay in the love of God by listening to His still small voice and read His love letters that overcome self-condemnation, shame, self-doubt, and even hatred or dislike of self.
- To ask for the spirit of Wisdom and Revelation on knowing that His grace is greater and where sin did abound grace abounds all the more—By His grace I am what I am.
- To understand that God doesn’t love me because I’m good but because He’s good.
- To help us understand that God’s goodness is the ground of our expectation and that it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance.
- To not proclaim our own goodness, but proclaim that He is good and His love endures forever.
- CONTINUE TO PURSUE
2 Samuel 22:38 KJV
I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
Psalm 34:14 KJV
Depart from evil, and do good; SEEK PEACE and PURSUE IT.
Hebrews 6:9-12 NKJV
9 But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
General Point: To continue to pursue that which got us here and to continue in the anticipation that what God has promised He is also able to perform and that we have the enemy of the run and need to pursue them to defeat.
- And it came to pass about the time of shutting of the gate, when it was dark, that the men went out: whither the men went I wot not: pursue after them quickly; for ye shall overtake them.– Josh. 2:5 KJV
- And all the people that were in Ai were called together to pursue after them: and they pursued after Joshua, and were drawn away from the city. – Josh. 8:16 KJV
- And do not stay there yourselves, but pursue your enemies, and attack their rear guard. Do not allow them to enter their cities, for the Lord your God has delivered them into your hand. – Josh. 10:19 NKJV
- 8 So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” 10 But David pursued, he and four hundred men; for two hundred stayed behind, who were so weary that they could not cross the Brook Besor. And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.” –1 Sam. 30:8; 10 NKJV
- 14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; — Heb. 12:14-15 NKJV
- 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. – Rom. 13:7-8 NKJV
- 22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’ 36 “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption; —Acts 13:22, 36 NKJV
- 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written: 16 ‘After this I will returnAnd will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up; 17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, Says the Lordwho does all these things.’ 18 “Known to God from eternity are all His works. –Acts 15:15-18 NKJV
- To develop an “After this…” focus and expectation –to continue to subdue and have dominion.
- To come under the Davidic Anointing—to pursue our enemies and what was promised belongs to us.
- To continue in the direction where “transcending is happening”.
- To continue to put off the old mind and put on the new mind.
- To break the spirit of poverty and sickness and believe for healing and restoration.
- To establish a faith in expected ends and the “It came to pass” mentality that we have been equipped and empowered to demonstration of Holy Spirit’s power for God’s glory.
- CONTINUE IN WHAT YOU’VE HEARD
Philippians 4:9 KJV
Those things, which you have both learned, and received, AND HEARD, and see in Me, DO:
And the God of Peace shall be with you.
Colossians 1:23 KJV
IF YE CONTINUE IN THE FAITH grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
WHICH YE HAVE HEARD, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven.
Colossians 2:6 NIV
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, CONTINUE TO LIVE IN HIM…
General Direction: To continue in the words God has spoken to us and to not go back or shrink back in believing; that what God had promised He is also able to perform and it will come to pass—thus continue in what we’ve heard, learned, and received.
- “The breaker [the Messiah, who opens the way] shall go up before them [liberating them]. They will break out, pass through the gate and go out; So their King goes on before them, The Lord at their head.”— Mic. 2:13 Amp.
- And that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. –Eph. 4:24 NKJV
- 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ. – Col. 2:7-8 NIV
- Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, — Phil. 1:25 NKJV
- 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. – Gal. 6:7-9 NKJV
- 44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. 46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”50 And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. 51 Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, 53 and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. Amen. –Lk. 24:44-53 NKJV
- 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” – Jn. 20:22-23 NKJV
- But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:8 NKJV
- When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. –Acts 2:1 NKJV
- To continue in the Word we heard in His written Word.
- To continue in the Word we heard in His spoken Word.
- To continue in the faith, not doubting or becoming double-minded.
- To continue to live in Christ, grounded, and settled in His promises and provision.
- To capture a “Word given to us personally” and to respect it, stand on it, believe it, and pursuit it until it comes to pass.
- To refuse to go back to our old ways, but remember what we’ve learned and received.
- To continue in what we’ve heard to experience that the God of all peace will be with us.