02 Aug Online Prayer, The LORDSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST, Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Philippians 2:9-11 NKJV
Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him
the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Supremacy in authority; ultimate control; master of all; possessing both power and authority sovereignly
– (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance)
The title of absolute Deity; Sovereign of the universe; Lord God Almighty; King of heaven and earth
– (Vine’s Expository Dictionary)
Jesus Christ the Son of God is one of the most fascinating beings known to men and angels. He was fully God who became fully man. As the Second Person of the Godhead He is no greater a deity nor less than the other two. Yet, He is the only one to be incarnate, carried our sorrows, bore our griefs, and became sin, though He knew no sin. He identified in every way with our weaknesses with the understanding we have and was tempted in all things, such as we are, yet was without sin. (See Heb. 4:14-16)
The Scripture says, He is the image of the invisible God, He is before all things, that all things come from Him, to Him, and through Him. Moreover, it pleased the Father to have all His fullness dwell in Him. For in Christ dwells all the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form. (Rom. 11:36; Col. 1:17, 19; 2:9) What an amazing God!
He is the Lord of all creation. But those created in His image and likeness fell from their lofty beginnings as the crown of all creation. Jesus executed the plan of redemption by involving Himself in our lowly estate and laid down His life for us. He limited His existence to a glorified body that will forever bear the scars of His everlasting love. The testimony of Thomas after seeing His hands and side was, My Lord and my God (Jn. 20:28). This came by revelation and reality of who Jesus Christ is!
The Bible informs us that salvation is contingent upon one’s confession that Jesus is Lord (Rom. 10:9-10). His position in creation? Jesus is Lord of All (See Acts 10:36). But as a condition of Lordship to those born again as new creatures in Christ His rulership is only established when our obedience is fulfilled. We are to take everything and make it captive to the obedience of God. (See 2 Cor. 10:3-6) Impossible would this be, except we have the constant resource, a very-present help, the Spirit of Grace who stoops down to lift, as well as, empowers us upwards to a higher plain to be seated in heavenly places—a return to His ultimate intention..
The Lordship of Christ becomes the single most essential demand of our daily existence! The key is for us to cooperate with Holy Spirit who both interprets us to God and puts us in remembrance of what Jesus said and conforms His image in us. Lordship begins with our confession. The Apostle Paul wrote, We cannot even say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12:3). Lordship begins with confession of faith but is fulfilled by condition of obedience. He simply cannot be Lord of All if He is not Lord at all! Scripture instructs us, Examine ourselves, whether we be in the faith; prove your own selves; how that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you fail the test (2 Cor. 13:5).
Our time of prayer is to focus on five vital areas where Christ’s Lordship is to be given the reins of power via our submission to His will and our surrender to His ways. The inference of Hebrews 4:14 is that Jesus is Lord of our confessions. Today as we pray let’s confess Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords and let’s determine His Lordship as Author and Finisher of our faith to complete the work He began in us by our obedience until He says “well done”!
- LORD OF THE WILL WE CHOOSE
Matthew 26:39 Amplified
And after going a little farther, He fell face down and prayed, saying,
“My Father, if it is possible [that is, consistent with Your will],
let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”
Main Point: To imitate Jesus’ teachings, model, and ministry; to transfer the reins of power to the Father’s will; to seek not to save our will but to lose our will for His sake; to work out what God is working in us as son/servants.
- 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. –Phil. 2:12-13 NKJV
- 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. –Jam. 4:4; 13-17 NKJV
- Give ear to my words, O Lord,Consider my meditation.2 Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God, For to You I will pray. 3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up. 7 But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple. –Ps. 5:1-3, 7 NKJV
- I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. –Ps. 9:1-2 NKJV
- 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will guide you with My eye.9 Do not be like the horse or like the mule,Which have no understanding,Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,Else they will not come near you. –Ps. 32:8-9 NKJV
- 22 So Samuel said: “Has the Lordas great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being” –1 Sam. 15:22-23 NKJV
- I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart. –Ps. 40:8 NKJV
- 9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. 10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. –Pro. 9:9-10 NKJV
- 4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. 6 Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. 7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. –Song of Sol. 1:4 ; 8:6-7 KJV
- 16 “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes.
Cease to do evil, 17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword”; For the mouth of the Lordhas spoken. –IS. 1:16-20 NKJV
- 4 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.” 17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.”–Jn. 4:34; 5:17,19 NKJV
- Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. –Jn. 4:34 NKJV
- 20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. 3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. –Col 2:20-3:1-3 NIV
- 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, –2 Pet. 3:9,11
- To work out what God is working in us to fulfill His purpose in us.
- To imitate Jesus in the brokenness of our will in order to hand God the Father the reins of power over every part of our lives.
- To cease from presuming on God’s will by imagining, planning, and projecting our lives into people, places, and things He is not leading us into.
- To release the power of praise and worship by the will of full-on praise and wholehearted worship—for we refuse to draw near with our lips when our hearts are far from Him!
- To never compromise our will by not doing His will and never assume the following: “it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission” for—to obey is better than sacrifice.
- To ask God for a willing heart (Ps. 51:12 NIV) to sustain us.
- To ask God for an undivided heart to fear His name (Ps. 86:11-13 NIV).
- To have the daily attitude of being willing and obedient as children of the Most High.
- To have the Father’s heart for the lost and broken and NOT BE WILLING that any should perish on our watch!
- LORD OF THE WORDS WE SPEAK
Matthew 12:37 NKJV
For by YOUR WORDS you will be justified,
and by YOUR WORDS you will be condemned.
Psalm 19:14 NKJV
Let the WORDS OF MY MOUTH and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.
Main Point: To always speak knowing our words are carriers and containers of life and death—that we will give an account for every word we speak, therefore we need Holy Spirit to help us guard our lips; to daily pray Ps. 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart by acceptable in Your sight!
- And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. –Rev. 12:11 NKJV
- How beautiful upon the mountainsAre the feet of him who brings good news,Who proclaims peace,Who brings glad tidings of good things,Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” –Is. 52:7 NKJV
- 33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the Day of Judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” –Mt. 12:33-37 NKJV
- 18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.19 “Again I sayto you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” –Mt. 18:18-20 NKJV
- Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. Ps. 141:3 NKJV
- Death and lifeare in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. –Pro. 18:21 NKJV
- 20 My son, give attention to my words;Incline your ear to my sayings.21 Do not let them depart from your eyes;Keep them in the midst of your heart;22 For they are life to those who find them,And health to all their flesh.23 Keep your heart with all diligence,For out of it spring the issues of life. –Pro. 4:20-23 NKJV
- (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; –Rom. 4:17 NKJV
- 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh. –Jam 3:2-12 NKJV
- 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespassesto one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. –Jam. 5:14-16 NKJV
- Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. –Gal. 6:7 NKJV
- Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. –Eph. 4:29 NKJV
- The words of a talebearerare like tasty trifles, And they go down into the inmost b –Pro. 26:22 NKJV
- And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; –Eph. 6:17 NKJV
- 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. –Rom. 10:8-10, 17 NKJV
- Inasmuch then as we [believers] have a great High Priest who has [already ascended and] passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession [of faith and cling tenaciously to our absolute trust in Him as Savior]. –Heb. 4:14 AMP.
- I shall not die, but live,And declare the works of the Lord. –PS. 118:17 NKJV
- To remember the power of our words as those created in the likeness of our God—our words create worlds when we speak. (Heb. 11:3)
- To be reminded that we will give an account for every spoken word.
- To guard our heart—for from its overflow our mouths speak.
- To know that we can speak to mountains and call things that are not as though they are.
- To realize it is impossible to tame our tongue without Holy Spirit’s enablement and the power of God’s Word.
- To build our faith by speaking the word of faith—for faith comes by hearing.
- To always speak knowing our words are carriers and containers of life and death.
- To daily ask God to set a guard at our lips and for the words of our mouths and meditations of our heart to be pleasing and acceptable in His sight.
- LORD OF THE WALK WE TAKE
Genesis 5:24; Hebrews 11:5-6 NKJV
And Enoch WALKED WITH GOD…
By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death,
and was not found, because God had taken him; for before he was taken he had this testimony,
THAT HE PLEASED God.
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to Him must believe He is,
and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Galatians 5:16, 25 NKJV
Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Main Point: To realize that our walk is related to how we live in the way that we choose; our walk is seen in what we believe and how we behave—walk in truth vs. walk in hypocrisy; walk in the light vs. darkness; walk in the Spirit vs. flesh; that our walk relates to our relationship with God as did Enoch’s walk was pleasing to Him.
- This is what the Lord says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ –Jer. 6:16 NIV
- He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. –Ps. 23:3 NKJV
- So you may walk in the way of goodness, And keep to the paths of righteousness. –Pro. 2:20 NKJV
- 10 This evil people, who refuse to hear My words, who follow the dictates of their hearts, and walk after other gods to serve them and worship them, shall be just like this sash which is profitable for nothing. 11 For as the sash clings to the waist of a man, so I have caused the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah to cling to Me,’ says the Lord, ‘that they may become My people, for renown, for praise, and for glory; but they would not hear.’ –Jer. 13:10-11 NKJV
- 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. –1 Jn. 1:6-7 NKJV
- 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. 8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light…15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, –Eph. 5:2, 8, 15 NKJV
- Thus shall they be to youWith whom you have labored,Your merchants from your youth;They shall wander each one to his quarter. No one shall save you.—Is. 47:15 NKJV
- He has shown you, O man, what is good;And what does the Lordrequire of youBut to do justly,To love mercy,And to walk humbly with your God? –Mic. 6:8 NKJV
- 1 Blessed is the manWho walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. –Ps. 1:1-3 NKJV
- And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. –Gal. 6:16
- 23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. 25 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? –Lk. 9:23-25 NKJV
- Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” –Jn. 8:12 NKJV
- There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. –Rom. 8:1-2 NKJV
- For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2Cor. 5:7 NKJV
- …that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; –col. 1:10 NKJV
- 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. –3 Jn. 3-4 NKJV
- Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me. Ps. 119:133 NKJV
- For our walk to be one of faith and obedience, not doubt and unbelief.
- For us to walk worthy of the price that was paid for our redemption.
- For us to walk with God and provide evidence of His indwelling us by loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- For us to walk with our cross daily and deny ourselves thus truly proving to be Christ’s disciples.
- For us to realize that as you know a tree by its fruit—you know a believer by their walk.
- For our walk with God to create a testimony with Him that He is pleased with us.
- For us to guard against walking in the council of the ungodly or wandering outside of the Father’s will.
- For us to order our steps in God’s Word and allow it to become a lamp to our feet and light to our path.
- For us to understand that we may go on the way of righteousness but it is how we walk in the way that makes a difference. (i.e. gold, silver, precious stone or wood, hay, stubble)
- For us to discover the true treasure of learning the walk of submission and walking humbly with our God.
- For us to walk in the light (of truth and revelation) as He is in the light.
- To have a balanced walk between the fear of the Lord and the comfort of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 9:31)
- LORD OF THE WAY WE LIVE
Proverbs 14:12 NKJV
There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.
Stand in THE WAY and see,
and ask for the eternal paths,
WHERE THE GOOD WAY IS,
and walk in it; Then you shall find rest for your souls.
Main Point: To understand the way we live is the direction we take and the walk we choose is how we go down that path; that our ways are not God’s ways and we must be taught how to walk in His ways; to consider the ways we take and adjust our walk to be worthy of the Lord and take the paths He has chosen for us to walk in.
- Many people shall come and say,“Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,To the house of the God of Jacob;He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. –Is. 2:3 NKJV
- When a man’s ways please the Lord,He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. –Pro. 16:7 NKJV
- Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. –Jn. 14:6 NKJV
- 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lordyour God is with you wherever you go.” –Josh. 1:8-9 NKJV
- Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. –Ps. 1:1-3 KJV
- It is God who arms me with strength,And makes my way perfect. Ps. 18:32 NKJV
- Teach me Your way, O Lord, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. –Ps. 27:11 NKJV
- Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. Wait on the Lord,
And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it. –Ps. 37:5, 34 NKJV
- 6 For the Lordgives wisdom;From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;8 He guards the paths of justice,And preserves the way of His saints. 9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity and every good path. –Pro. 2:6-9 NKJV
- For the commandment is a lamp,And the law a light;Reproofs of instruction are the way of life, –Pro. 6:23 NKJV
- A highway shall be there, and a road, And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, But it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, Shall not go astray. –Is. 35:8 NKJV
- 3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert A highway for our God. 27 Why do you say, O Jacob, And speak, O Israel: “My way is hidden from the Lord,
And my just claim is passed over by my God”? –Is. 40:3, 27 NKJV
- “Now you shall say to this people, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death.”’ –Jer. 21:8 NKJV
- Therefore, behold,I will hedge up your way with thorns, And wall her in, So that she cannot find her paths. –Hos. 2:6 NKJV
- You have plowed wickedness;You have reaped iniquity.You have eaten the fruit of lies,Because you trusted in your own way, In the multitude of your mighty men. –Hos. 10:13 NKJV
- 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.—Mt. 7:13-14 NKJV
- 28 “But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my vineyard.’29 He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went. 30 Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I go, sir,’ but he did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said to Him, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you. 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him. –Mt. 21:28-32 NKJV
- But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.–1 Cor. 12:31; 13:13 NKJV
- …the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. …by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, –Heb.9:8; 10:20 NKJV
- 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. –Is. 55:8-9 NKJV
- Now therefore, thus says the Lordof hosts: “Consider your ways!” –Hag. 1:5 NKJV
- …he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. –Jam. 1:8 NKJV
- Teach us Your ways that we may walk in Your truth.
- To learn that Jesus is the only Way we should live.
- To daily commit our way or the direction we choose to God.
- To depend on Holy Spirit’s enablement and involvement to go the way of the Highway of Holiness and to make our way perfect before Him.
- To ask for God to redeem the ways we take and preserve the ways we choose –teach us the paths of life.
- To prepare the way of the LORD to be welcome in our lives and make ready His return.
- To take the way of righteousness in learned obedience which is perfect love.
- To daily choose the “more excellent way” of living in love towards God and our neighbors.
- To daily consider, evaluate, and examine our ways according to God’s Word and will.
- To refuse to be double-minded because it will make us unstable in all our ways.
- LORD OF THE WORK WE DO
1 Corinthians 3:13-15 NKJV
Each one’s WORK will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire;
and the fire will TEST EACH ONE’S WORK, of what sort it is. If anyone’s WORK which he has built on it endures,
he will receive a reward. If anyone’s WORK is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved,
yet so as through fire.
Main Point: As son/servants we are to be about our Father’s business doing the good works He created for us to do; the ultimate glory we can render in worship is for us to finish His work, bear much fruit, and that our fruit would remain.
- For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us]. –Eph. 2:10 AMP.
- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. –2 Tim. 2:15 NKJV
- 21 Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.–Mt. 7:21-23 KJV
- Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going. –Eccl. 9:10 NKJV
- 8 He who digs a pit will fall into it,And whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by a serpent. 10 If the ax is dull, And one does not sharpen the edge, Then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success. –Eccl. 10:8,10 NKJV
- But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” –Jn. 5:17 NKJV
- 28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” –Jn. 6:28-29 NKJV
- I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. –Jn. 17:4 NKJV
- Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. –Jn. 4:34 NKJV
- Must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. –Jn. 9:4 NKJV
- Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle?Who may dwell in Your holy hill?2 He who walks uprightly,And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart; –Ps. 15:1-2
- To be workmen who diligently study to show ourselves approved to God; as those who do not need to be ashamed because we should know better; to rightly divide the Word of truth so we can end up in the right place and that those who follow behind us can find the way of truth because our workmanship.
- To realize that we ourselves are God’s handiwork and His highest crown of creation is to conform us to Christ and for us to do the will of the Father and to finish the work He has for us to do.
- To grasp that idleness and slackness makes us brothers to the one who destroys; but good works are evidence that we are bearing fruit born of Holy Spirit and as children we are not driven by performance, but led by His Spirit in perfect love.
- To understand that we became the sons of God because of who we are—but we became the servants of God because of what we do.
- To labor by grace daily to work while it is day before the night comes when no man can work.
- To remember that we will not be rewarded for the work we did for ourselves, but for the works we did for Him.
- To make our first priority and main focus daily—to seek His Kingdom first and finish His work last that He redeemed us to do.