06 Jul Online Prayer, THERE IS FREEDOM, Wednesday, July 5, 2017
2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJV
WHERE the Spirit of the LORD IS,
THERE IS FREEDOM.
Declaration of Independence,
July 4, 1776
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
America was built on the foundation of freedom. But is this freedom free? Does freedom mean free to do whatever an individual or demographic wants to do? The Word of God says, “Do not use your freedom as a cover up for evil, but to serve God.”(1 Pet. 2:16)
Benjamin Rush after signing the Constitution wrote: “The only foundation for a republic is to be laid in religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty, and liberty is the object of all republic governments.” The place called freedom is not the freedom we create for ourselves but the freedom that is created for us by the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
Our Founding Fathers laid a foundation of freedom, not in world religions, but in the virtues found in Judeo-Christian Beliefs. The Bible. George Washington wrote, “It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.” Dr. Edwin Louis Cole wrote: “A nation is not great by virtue of its wealth, but by the wealth of its virtue.”
Jesus said, “If you continue in My teachings, you will know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” (Jn. 8:31-32) Separate freedom from truth and freedom becomes vice not virtue. Os Guiness wrote: “Truth matters supremely because of the end, without truth there is no freedom. Truth in fact, is not only essential to freedom; it is freedom, and the only way to a free life lies in becoming a person of truth and learning to live in truth. Living in truth is the secret of living free.”
Ronald Reagan said, “We are one generation away from losing our freedoms. Freedom must be earned by each new generation.” Freedom was bought by the blood spilled in the sands of battle by those whose shoulders we now stand. Most of all, freedom was secured for us by Jesus Christ, of whom the word says, “It was for freedom that Christ set us free.” (Gal. 5:1) Freedom is more difficult to maintain than captivity. Freedom has responsibilities and obligations to know the truth and live the truth. It’s easier to remain captive than to stay free!
Ours is the only National Anthem that ends with a question: “O say does that star spangled banner yet wave—O’r the land of the free and the home of the brave?”
As we pray today let us remember that freedom is not free nor is it free to do as we please. But free to do what pleases the ONE who set us free. Ours is a transition of remembering what we were FREED FROM to and never forget what we are FREED FOR!
- FREEDOM FROM SIN and DEATH
Romans 8:2 NKJV
The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
HAS MADE ME FREE FROM the law of sin and death.
Proverbs 14:34 NIV
Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a disgrace to any people.
Leviticus 25:10 NKJV
Proclaim liberty throughout all the land.
Quote: “God who gave us life, gave us liberty and…can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that those liberties are a gift of God?” –Thomas Jefferson
Main Point: To pray and believe for God’s people to change from operating on the “breaking free” side to the side of “setting captives free”, from a “devoted but defeated mentality” to a “more—than—conqueror—overcoming mentality”; to realize that judgement begins at the house of the Lord.
- If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. –2 Chron. 7:14 NKJV
- I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. –Lk. 13:3 NKJV
- Sow with a view to righteousness [that righteousness, like seed, may germinate];Reap in accordance with mercy and lovingkindness.Break up your uncultivated ground,For it is time to seek and search diligently for the Lord[and to long for His blessing]. Until He comes to rain righteousness and His gift of salvation on you. You have plowed and planted wickedness, you have reaped the [willful] injustice [of oppressors],You have eaten the fruit of lies.Because you have trusted in your own way and your chariots, and in your many warriors. –Hos. 10:12-13 Amp.
- His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ –Mt. 25:21 NKJV
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. –Jer. 29:11-13 NKJV
- “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. –Mt. 28:19-20 NKJV
- Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. –Jam. 5:16 NKJV
- There is a way that seems right to a man,But its end is the way of death. –Prov. 14:12 NKJV
- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,But the prayer of the upright is His delight. –Prov. 15:8 NKJV
- The Lordis my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. –Ps. 18:2-3 KJV
- When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice;when the wicked rule, the people groan. –Prov. 29:2 NIV
- For America to repent of idolatry and worshipping at the altars of sex, violence, money, and power.
- For America to turn from shedding of innocent blood (abortions) sanctioned by courts of injustice.
- For America to repent of dismantling the marriage institution by divorce, co-habitation, and law of same-sex unions as legitimate marriage before a holy God.
- For America’s church to awake up, stop attempting to “work up revival” but “pray down revival” and labor in the Spirit to bring Reformation to the people of God and of this nation.
- For the church to return to being ‘salt and light” to stop the rot and corruption in culture and illuminate the darkness of lies, deception, and disorder. For the church to be the “conscience of the nation”.
- For the church to restore the Biblical foundations underneath the society and to raise up and vote in just and righteous leaders.
- For America’s church to repent of prayerlessness, cultural passivity (A.W.O.L.), and being friends with the world thus enemies with God instead of children in the fear of the Lord and friends of God.
- For America’s church to understand that our greatest failure is not evangelism, but a failure to disciple the nation.
- For the Christians to realize that blessing and cursing comes on the path we take for the nations.
- FREEDOM FOR RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY
1 Peter 2:26 NIV
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover up for evil; live as servants of God.
Gal. 5:13-14 NKJV
You my brother, were called to be free.
But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature;
rather, serve one another in love.
Quote: “What is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? Society cannot exist, unless there is a controlling power placed somewhere upon the will and appetite. : and the less of it there is within, the more must be without.
It is ordained in the eternal institution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters.” –Edmund Burke
Main Point: To believe and behave in such a way as understanding the greater the blessing the greater the responsibility in the conjoined twin of greater accountability. (Lk. 12:47-48; Heb. 4:15 NIV)
- So Jesus was saying to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you abide in My word[continually obeying My teachings and living in accordance with them, then] you are truly My disciples. And you will know the truth [regarding salvation], and the truth will set you free [from the penalty of sin].” Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, everyone who practices sin habitually is a slave of sin. Now the slave does not remain in a household forever; the son [of the master] does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.” –Jn. 8:31-32; 34-36 AMP.
- “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” –Jsh. 24:14-15 NKJV
- See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” –Heb. 3:12-15 NIV
- Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. –Jn. 15:13; 21 NKJV
- Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. –Rom. 6:16-18 NKJV
- Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:“I will live with them and walk among them,and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”Therefore, “Come out from themand be separate,says the Lord.Touch no unclean thing,and I will receive you.”And,“I will be a Father to you,and you will be my sons and daughters,says the Lord Almighty.” Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. –2 Cor. 6:14-7:1 NIV
- …sa obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; –1 Pet. 1:14-17 NKJV
- For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord’s freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ’s slave. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men. –1 Cor. 7:22-23 NASB
- Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. –Mt. 24:45-46 NKJV
- If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. –Jn. 12:26 MKJV
- When the foundations are being destroyed,what can the righteous do? –Ps. 11:3 NIV
- For God’s people to cease from abusing their freedom in Christ to cover-up evil and indulge in the sinful nature and behavior.
- For the church to repent of being false witnesses (i.e. hyper-prosperity gospel or legalistic, toxic condemnation) of who Christ is and sending the wrong message about freedom means and what freedom is for.
- For America to realize that freedom is not free and our freedom as children of the Most High God is “to be in the world, but not of the world.”
- For God’s people to repent of slaveship and return to Sonship—from an orphaned-mentality to a son’s mindset.
- For God’s people to realize that we are responsible and accountable to run the race set before us, not the race we run for ourselves. (Heb. 12:2)
- To change from “fighting for freedom, to fighting from”
- For our freedom NOT to be in serving sin, self, and Satan, but serving righteously, holy through intelligent acts of worship to glorify the Father—that man might see our good works.
- For God’s people to understand that freedom is more difficult than slavery because it demands more of our character and contending, than does tyranny and oppression.
- For us to know that we were saved to serve righteousness not to be saved to slaves again.
- FREEDOM FOR HIGHER PLANS and PURPOSE
Matthew 6:33 Amplified
But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and
His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God],
and all these things will be given to you also.
Quote: “You and I have rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least our children and our children’s children will say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.” –President Ronald Reagan
Main Point: To believe, receive, and give faithful stewardship to the plans and purpose entrusted to us, in that, to whom much is given much is required.
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “PLANS to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. –Jer. 29:11 NIV
- And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His PURPOSE. –Rom. 8:38 NKJV
- Many are the PLANS in a man’s heart but it is the LORD’S PURPOSE that prevails. –Prov. 19:21 NIV
- He says:“It is too small a thing for you to be my servantto restore the tribes of Jacoband bring back those of Israel I have kept.I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.” –Is. 49:6 NIV
- And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. –Rom. 8:17 KJV
- For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us]. –Eph. 2:10 Amp.
- See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, your walls are ever before me. –Isa. 49:16 NIV
- “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” –Mt. 7:24-27 NKJV
- For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? –Rom. 8:19-23; 29-32 NKJV
- I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? –Jer. 32:27
- Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. –Jer. 33:3 NIV
- “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lordyour God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God: “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.” –Deut. 28:1-3 NKJV
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;he will never letthe righteous be shaken. –Ps. 55:22 NIV
- Hear my cry, O God;listen to my prayer.From the ends of the earth I call to you I call as my heart grows faint;lead me to the rock that is higher than I.For you have been my refuge,a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent foreverand take refuge in the shelter of your wings. –Ps. 61:1-4 NIV
- I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.This is good, and pleases God our Savior… –1 Tim 2:1-3 NIV
- Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lordour God. –Ps. 20:7 KJV
- Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. –Jn. 15:13 NKJV
- For America to realize why God has raised her up for such a time as this.
- For America to understand our prophetic connection to Israel and the Jewish people.
- For America to repent of trusting in wealth, material things, military superiority, and self-righteous entitlement, weak temperament, and corrupt character.
- For America’s church to take the Word of God seriously and serious by begin to build our house using His Word as building blocks.
- For America to repent of false messaging and an unclear trumpet sound when claiming to be a Christian nation we are the #1 exporters of porn, violence, greed, and worship of the altars of money, sex, and power.
- For the American church to return to the fear of the LORD and trusting in Him alone.
- For the American church to redefine our identity being in Christ and to restore our voice of righteousness, holiness, love, and grace.
- For America to plow her uncultivated ground and begin to sow righteousness and mercy.
- For America to restore the foundations of family, father and mothers, and children being raised in godly homes in the fear and instruction of the Lord.
- For America to repent of the trajectory of becoming a Goat Nation from a Sheep Nation because we have changed gods—From Our Father in heaven and sons of obedience—To the devil as father because of being sons of disobedience. (See Jn. 8:44; Eph. 2:2)
- For true revival to sweep through the cities, villages, and rural regions turning the hearts of people back to God and perfecting holiness in the fear of God again.
- For the fullness of Christ to be sent out into the world as the Father sent Jesus with the Messianic Mandate (Is. 58:12; Is. 61: 1-3) and Holy Spirit anointing (Acts 10:38).
- FREEDOM TO BE WHO WE ARE CREATED and CALLED TO BE
Matthew 5:15-16 NKJV
You are the light of the world,
A CITY THAT IS SET ON A HILL cannot be hidden.
Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket,
but on a lampstand, and it give light to all who are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Quote: “We are as a city set upon a hill, in the open view of all the earth…we profess ourselves to be a people of covenant with God, and therefore, the LORD our God, will cry shame upon us if we walk contrary to the covenant which we have promised to walk in.” –Puritan Leader, Peter Bulkeley
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –President John Adams
Main Point: For God’s covenant-people to recapture a redemptive vision of Him and to return to the intended reason for which we were created and embrace the prophetic calling of who we can become.
- Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. –Gen. 1:26-27 NKJV
- And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.Go thereforeand make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. –Mt. 28:19-20 NKJV
- Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, everyone who practices sin habitually is a slave of sin.Now the slave does not remain in a household forever; the son [of the master] does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.” –Jn.8:34-36 Amp.
- Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves.—1 Pet. 2:16 NIV
- For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” –Gal. 5:13-14 NKJV
- Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirrorand, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. –Jam. 1:22-25 NIV
- Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom. –Jam. 2:12 NIV
- …because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. –Rom. 8:21 NKJV
- And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die? If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die. –2 Kgs. 7:3-4 KJV
- He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him. –Jn. 14:21NASB
- For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord’s freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ’s slave.You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men. –1 Cor. 7:22-23 NASB
- Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. –Jn. 12:26 NIV
- To pray in a way where God’s higher call comes and His will be done.
- For us to realize we were created for such a time as this!
- For God’s people to be “salt and light” with our love in motion, our virtue of innocence and good works have of Holy Spirit.
- For us to recapture the purpose for which we were created. (Gen. 1:26-28)
- For us to be doers of the Word.
- For us to break the yoke of slavery and oppression and take Christ’s yoke upon us—the yoke of sonship in reigning and ruling with Christ.
- For us not to be silent or idle in fulfilling our call.
- FREEDOM TO FREELY GIVE AS WE HAVE RECEIVED
Matthew 10:8 NKJV
FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE.
Quote: President Abraham Lincoln, Proclamation of National Day Fasting and Prayer, March 30, 1863
“We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown.
But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious Hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own.
Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God who made us! It behooves us then to be humble ourselves before the God of all power, to confess our national sins and pray for cleansing and forgiveness.
All this being done, in sincerity and truth, let us then rest humbly in the hope authorized by the Divine teachings, that the united cry of this nation will be heard on high and answered with blessings no less that the pardon of national sins and the restoration of our now divided and suffering country to its former happy condition of unity and peace.”
Main Point: To turn the hearts of men from selfishness to selflessness; to practice the forgiveness, compassion, justice, and generosity that has been shown to us. To understand that our strength is not in our diversity but in our unity as “One Nation Under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
- As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. –1 Pet. 4:10 NKJV
- He has shown you, O man, what is good;And what does the Lordrequire of you. But to do justly,To love mercy,And to walk humbly with your God? –Mic. 6:8 NKJV
- And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. –2 Cor. 9:8; 10-11 NIV
- This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.” –Is. 30:15 NIV
- But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. –1 Jn. 1:7, 9 NKJV
- Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. –Jm. 5:16 NKJV
- If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! –Mt. 7:11 NKJV
- There are many plans in a man’s heart,Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. –Prov. 19:21 NKJV
- Then they believed His words; They sang His praise. They soon forgot His works; They did not wait for His counsel, But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, And tested God in the desert. And He gave them their request, But sent leanness into their soul. They did not destroy the peoples, Concerning whom the Lord had commanded them, But they mingled with the Gentiles, And learned their works; They served their idols, Which became a snare to them. –Ps. 106:12-15; 34-36 NKJV
- For the church body of Christ to forgive one another the way God forgave us in Christ Jesus.
- For the church to learn to love and give love the way the Father has loved us in Christ.
- For the church to reclaim the beautiful feet that brings Good News and to preach the Gospel free of religion, man’s traditions, and methods, legalism or liberalism.
- For the church to turn from our wicked ways and bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
- For the church to invite seekers to the Fountain of Life to freely drink as we have freely drank and are satisfied—simplicity of devotion to Christ. (2 Cor. 11:3-4)
- For God’s people to remember where we came from so we can know where we are going.
- For our nation of leaders to repent of not waiting for God’s counsel.
- For the church to break the stronghold and grip of selfishness by becoming generous-operating from the supply-side of giving not the supply-side of need.
- For God’s people to hear His voice, obey His Word, do His will, and finish His work.