01 Jun R3 Online Prayer – The Promise of PENTECOST – Part Two, Wed. May 31, 2017
Luke 11:13 Amplified
If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good gifts
[gifts that are to their advantage] to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give the HOLY SPIRIT
to those who ask and continue to ask Him!
Today is the Day when Pentecost has fully come. This is the day that God launched the church into the earth—a day that once the momentum of heaven came down it changed everything! The Early Church turned this world upside-down without the aid of technology, modern inventions or methods of men.
More recently, the modern church has lost touch with who the Holy Spirit is and how the power of the Holy Spirit is endued. Pastor Frances Chan called Him “The Forgotten God”, Pastor Robert Morris calls Him, “The God I Never Knew”, and Dr. Myles Monroe called Him, “The Most Important Person On Earth”. These are but a few among many who have come to realize that we need to rediscover who the Third Person of the Godhead is, how He works, and what are His ways?
Our endeavor today is to tap into what was unleashed in the Upper Room 2,000 years ago. Not only is it essential because of the times we live in, but, it is urgent because time is short. The fullness of the Spirit is the line of separation between the 5 foolish virgins and the 5 wise. What was the distinguishing quality that made the wise ready?
The wise took oil in their vessels, with their lamps. Go and buy from them that sell for yourselves.
Watch therefore, for you do not know the hour when the Son of man returns. Mt. 25: 3, 9, 13 NKJV
Not only will we fail to be ready if we do not have extra oil with our lamps—we will fail to fulfill the Great Commandment and Great Commission without the fullness and overflow of Holy Spirit.
Today we will pray into five dimensions or places of Holy Spirit—for the Scripture says, “Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.” (2 Cor. 3:13) Our intention is to seek where He is and pray that He would manifest Himself, here in our time as He did in the Upper Room 2,000 years ago!
- The PERSON and PROMISE of HOLY SPIRIT
Main Point: The Spiritual house to love and know Holy Spirit more deeply and intimately and understand who He is and how He operates, as well as, what grieves and offends Him.
- And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. –Jn. 14:16 NIV
- But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name (in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf] , He will teach you all things. –Jn. 14:26 Amp.
- I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]. –Jn. 16:7 Amp.
- As the Third Person of the Godhead He is not to be grieved or blasphemed
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit. –1 Thes5:19
- Stir up the gift of God, which is in you by the laying on of my hands. –2 Tim. 1:6
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [Do not offend or vex or sadden Him]. By whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God’s own, secured) to the day of redemption….—Eph. 4:30 Amp.
- (Ananias)…how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit: You have not lied to men but to God. –Acts 5:3-4 NIV
- Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. –1 Cor. 12:3 NKJV
- The Person of the Holy Spirit is the only one that, if blasphemed, cannot be pardoned. (Blaspheme occurs in two ways.)
- Attributing the sacred works of the Holy Spirit to diablos (devils):
- But if I cast our devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come to you. Therefore, I say to you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men; but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven you.—Mt. 12:28, 31
- Developing a hardened heart and depraved mind that one refuses to repent:
- If we deliberately keep in sinning offer we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left: How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has INSULTED THE SPIRIT OF GRACE? –Heb. 10:26, 29 NIV
- It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened,who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. –Heb. 6:4-6 NIV
- For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts… They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator… Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. –Rom. 1:21-28 NIV
- Attributing the sacred works of the Holy Spirit to diablos (devils):
- I will send you the PROMISE of My Father. –Lk. 24:49
- …wait for the PROMISE of the Father, which He said, you have heard of Me. –Acts 1:5
- You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The PROMISE is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all who they Lord our God will call. –Acts 2:38-39 NIV
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit…by whom you were sealed to the day of redemption. –Eph. 4:30
- In whom also after you believed, you were sealed with the HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE. –Eph. 1:11-13 KJV
- Beware of becoming desensitized to the Holy Spirit’s tutoring and muting His voice.
- Develop a keen awareness of His nearness. His actual reality, and that He is, as a sensitive dove that can be quenched and grieved.
- Always remember, He is a PERSON, He is not the lesser God of the Godhead, and as a real, living Being in our immediate presence He can be insulted and denied entrance to the heart and mind due to a calloused heart and darkened mind that has developed over time causing us to cross an invisible line and reach a point of no return because we refuse to confess our sinfulness and repent of our ways.
- Cast me not away from Your presence, O LORD, and take not thy Holy Spirit from Me. –Ps. 51:11 KJV
- The FRUIT and CHARACTER of HOLY SPIRIT
Gal. 5:22-23 NKJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Eph. 5:9-10 KJV
(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Main Point: For God’s people to learn to abide in the Vine so the Spirit and character of Holy Spirit can flow unclogged and uninterrupted, thus causing their fruitfulness to be 30, 60, or 100 fold.
- The Fruit of the Spirit is—THE NATURE OF GOD—the likeness of God.
- I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. –Jn. 15:1-8
- The Character of the Spirit is – CONFORMITY TO the Image of CHRIST – the image of God
- My dear children,for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you. –Gal. 4:19 NIV
- To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. –Col. 1:27 KJV
- For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. –Rom. 8:29 KJV
- Therefore by their fruits you will know them. –Mt. 7:20 NKJV
- Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance….9 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. –Lk. 3:8-9 NKJV
- For God’s people to understand the concept of “abiding” and if we remain in Him and His words remain in us—we have total access to His authority and person.
- For God’s people to seek to be rooted and grounded in the Word of God and Holy Spirit.
- For God’s people to understand the urgency of “Let him who has ears, let him hear, what the Spirit is saying to the churches.”
- For God’s people to realize it is Holy Spirit who produces the nature of God in us.
- For God’s people to realize that it is the Holy Spirit who conforms us to the image of Christ. (2 Cor. 3:18)
- To God’s people to crucify the flesh and worldly associations to unleash the fullness of Holy Spirit.
- For God’s people to know His glory in the 30, 60, 100 fold fruit.
- The GIFTS and ADMINISTRATION of HOLY SPIRIT
1 Cor. 12: 4-7 KJV
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
Eph. 4:11-14 NKJV
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors
and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man,
to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting…
Main Point: For the people of God to access and activate the Gifts and operation of the Holy Spirit to edify the body of Christ and to be a bold demonstration of Holy Spirit’s wisdom and power among us and in outreach.
- …Two or three are gathered in Jesus’s Name. –Mt. 18:20
- The unity of the Spirit among the Body of Christ. –Eph. 4:3
- Manifests the supernatural gifts of God to demonstrate divine power.
- And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimonyof God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. 1 Cor. 2:1-5 NKJV
- But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. –2 Cor. 4:7 NKJV
- May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each otherand for everyone else, just as ours does for you. 13 May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones. –1Thes. 3:12-13 NIV
- And He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen —Mk. 16:15-20 NKJV
- But earnestly desire the best[a] And yet I show you a more excellent way. Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel. How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40 Let all things be done decently and in order. 1Cor. 12:31; 14:12, 26, 33, 39-40 NKJV
- Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good….1 Thes. 5:19-21 NIV
- Identity – Manifest our identity as sons of God – Yoke of Sonship vs. Yoke of Slavery. (Rom. 8:19-25)
- Interpretation – Who we are – Who He is image & likeness –Revealing I AM to show I am loved; Revealing I AM to know who I am.
- Involvement –In the world, not of the world. (Jn. 17; Heb. 12:14)
- For God’s people to intentionally stir up the gifts of the Holy Spirit to edify His church and evangelize the lost.
- For God’s people to always operate in the flow of the Holy Spirit in doing all things decently and in order.
- For God’s people to fan into flame the gifts of Holy Spirit in the highways and byways and in the valleys of decision where souls are being weighed.
- For God’s people to discover, develop, and deploy their Holy Spirit given giftings and operate under the Holy Spirit’s administration of the kingdom of heaven on earth.
- The WORK and WITNESS of HOLY SPIRIT
- His Work in relation to CREATION:
- The earth was without form and void; and darkness covered the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. –Gen. 1:3 NKJV
- By the WORD of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the BREATH of His mouth. –Ps. 33:6
- You send forth Your Spirit, and they were created; And You renew the face of the earth.—Ps. 104:30 NKJV
- His work among MANKIND:
- And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. –Jn. 16:8
- If I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men unto Me. –Jn. 12:32 KJV
- No man can come to Me, except the Father which has sent Me draw him. –Jn. 6:44
- His work among BELIEVERS:
- Unless you are born of the Spirit, you cannot see the kingdom of heaven. –Jn. 3:3-6
- Not by our works of righteousness,…but according to His mercy He saved us by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Spirit.—Titus 3:5
- You were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise…to the day of redemption. –Eph. 1:13-14
- Bears witness with our spirit that we are the sons of God. –Rom. 8:14-16
- Now if any man does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. –Rom. 8:9
- He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” –Jn. 20:22
- …no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit. –1 Cor. 12:3
- His work in relation to SCRIPTURES:
- Above all, you must understandthat no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. –2 Pet. 1:20-21 NIV
- All Scriptureis given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. –2 Tim. 3:16 NKJV
- The Spirit gives life;the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit—they are full of the Spirit and life. –Jn. 6:63 NIV
- His work in relation to JESUS:
- The Holy Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Most High shall over shadow you; …the holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God. –Lk. 1:35
- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. –Acts 10:38
- For God gave Him the Spirit without measure. –Jn. 3:34
- (Jesus) declared to be the Son of God with power according to the SPIRIT OF HOLINESS, by the resurrection from the dead. –Rom. 1:4
- But if that same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you…He shall also give life to your mortal bodies by His Spirit which dwells in you. –Rom. 8:11
- And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. –Gal. 4:6-7 NKJV
- Having predestined us to this adoption as children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will…where we have obtained an inheritance…after you have believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of purchased possession. –Eph. 1:5; 11-13
- The WITNESS of the SPIRIT:
- The harvest is truly great, but the laborers are few; pray to the LORD OF THE HARVEST, that He would send forth laborers to His harvest. –Lk. 10:2
- You shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be MY WITNESSES. –Acts 1:8
- The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are the children of God. –Rom. 8:14-16
- But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is he will remind you of everything I said to you. And you shall also bear witness,…–Jn. 15:26-27 CJB/KJV
- For God’s people to understand “prevenient grace”—in that—the Holy Spirit has been working ahead of them among the lost.
- For the people of God to remember that it is NOT by our power or might that advances the kingdom of heaven on earth—but by Holy Spirit.
- For God’s people to realize that the issue is NOT how much of the Spirit we have, rather how much of the Spirit has us. (Jn. 3:34; Ezk. 47)
- For the people of God to exercise using the overflow of the Holy Spirit to speak and use language pleasing to God. (Ps. 19:14)
- For God’s people to be motivated, moved, and mobilized by the Spirit to be laborers in the harvest.
- For God’s people to be sensitive to Holy Spirit’s voice in witnessing and learn to cooperate with Him when among the lost.
- For God’s people to pursue holiness in the fear of the Lord because the very nature of the Spirit of the Lord is HOLY.
- For God’s people to be transformed by the renewing of their minds in being led by the Spirit and taking on the Yoke of Sonship and putting off the Yoke of Slavery.
- The WORSHIP and WARFARE of Holy Spirit
Ps. 149:6 KJV
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand.
Eph. 6:17b-18 KJV
And take the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God; Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.
Main Point: For God’s people to understand that everything seen and physical is controlled by something unseen and spiritual; that our warfare is not physical, but spiritual; those who are with us are more than those against us; that worship in warfare is the honor of the saints in battle. (Ps. 149:9)
- But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. –Jn. 4:23-24 NKJV
- But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. –Acts 16:25-26 NKJV
- For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? –1 Cor. 12:12, 15 NKJV
- But now bring me a musician.” Then it happened, when the musician played, that the hand of the Lord came upon him. –2 Kgs. 3:15 NKJV
- And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to theLord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: “Praise the Lord, For His mercy endures forever.” 22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated.—2 Chron. 20:21-22 NKJV
- And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took a harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.—1 Sam. 16:23 KJV
- Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. –Ps. 68:1 KJV
- God’s people to realize that praise is a weapon that demoralizes the enemy.
- God’s people to exercise the power of singing in the Spirit in worship and warfare.
- God’s people to understand that our wrestling is not physical and our weapons are spiritual.
- God’s people to know that our worship must be in Spirit and in Truth.
- God’s people to know how to use the Sword of the Spirit on the battlefield of life.
- God’s people to recapture the high-ground of high praises and how praise is a garment. (Is. 61:1-4)
- God’s people to unleash the forces of heaven by unlocking anointed music and singing.